Career Questions tagged Job Market

Guanlong F.’s Avatar
Guanlong F. Apr 01

What is the job market for entry-level data scientist right now?

I am looking for a data science job, but it looks like there are less entry level postings than senior level postings. #data-science #computer-science #job-search...

#job-market

Eboni B.’s Avatar
Eboni B. Aug 29, 2018

How do you build a successful career, without any experience?

Many job offers/positions require a person to have experience. If I'm fresh out of College, of course I'd be looking for a place to work. How will I be able to prove myself in my field, even though I'm a rookie/newbie. #jobs #salary #job-market #career...

#job

Patrick M.’s Avatar
Patrick M. Aug 22, 2018

What are some simple part-time jobs out there?

Just list down the job titles and/or the business. #job-market #summer-jobs...

#job-search

Lorna S.’s Avatar
Lorna S. Aug 21, 2018

Are there more job opportunities for physical therapists working with the elderly or with athletes?

Which of the two offer more stability and also, which is more common? #job-market #in-business #physical-therapy...

#out-patient

Kristen A.’s Avatar
Kristen A. May 26, 2018

Is biomedical engineering a good major for the future, regarding job opportunities?

How does the salary of a biomedical engineer compare to other professions? Flexibility of work hours? Stability of the job? #job-market #major #college-majors #engineering #biology #biomedical...

#biomedical-engineering

Shaylee W.’s Avatar
Shaylee W. Jul 13, 2018

Is this a good job to have if you have a really busy schedule?

If you do a lot of things to do in a single day or week is this the right job to have? #job-market #jobs...

#first-job

Nicolas M.’s Avatar
Nicolas M. Mar 19, 2018

Is the cost of a high ranking university worth it in todays job market

Some Universities will cost families over 200,000. Loans based on this could take 10-20 years to repay. yet many students come out of college without great opportunities. #expensive #college-admissions #college...

#job-market

Joseph T.’s Avatar
Joseph T. Mar 20, 2018

What are a few of the most versatile engineering degrees?

I plan on going into the field of engineering but there are so many choices that I am having difficulty finding out the best degree for the job market. #engineering...

#job-market

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#job-skills #employment

Victoriahna V.’s Avatar
Victoriahna V. Jan 16, 2018

What are the fastest growing job fields?

I want to make sure I can get a job with the major I choose in the career field I want. #job-market...

#college-major

Val S.’s Avatar
Val S. Jan 12, 2018

What job position would be fit for a introvert person in the medical field ?

I'm in year 10 and interested in going into the medical field but I'm not really a fan of being with people for a expanded period of time so I was wondering what jobs I could do if I join the medical field. #medical-practice #medcine #career-path...

#job-market

Jordyn V.’s Avatar
Jordyn V. Sep 01, 2017

Is it easy entering in the job market after you graduate college and how can you make the process easier?

I want to be able to be successful after getting my diploma. #job-market...

#job-search-strategies

Mathew M.’s Avatar
Mathew M. Aug 26, 2017

I have a challenge for you today. What are...?

What are the real life job equivalences to jobs like in the movie TheTransporter(2002), Drive(2011)? If you haven't seen the movies here's a quick summary of their jobs: - TheTransporter: Main character delivers packages from point A to point B for the mob. He works by a strict set of rules he...

#career #career-plan #career-change #career-choice #career-counseling #jobs #career-path #careers #career-planning #career-development #job #job-coaching #job-search #job-market #first-job

Hayden S.’s Avatar
Hayden S. May 27, 2016

How is the field of Environmental Conservation looking?

I just want to be sure that my future job field has either a decent turnover rate or a large enough demand for jobs so that I can go straight to work after I get my degree. #career #money #career-path #salary #environmental #job-market #wildlife...

#financial-planning

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017

When you're fresh out of college is it best to work for a while, travel, or go straight to Grad school?

I'm curious about the current state of the job market as it pertains to the hiring rate of students fresh out of college with their first Bachelor's degree. Do most employers favor new grads who've worked while in school? If so, how do students who have little work experience due to being...

#college-admissions #employment #hiring #job-application #graduate-school #recruiting #job-market #job-search #college-jobs

Chun L.’s Avatar
Chun L. Mar 20, 2017

How can I accumulate work experience?

Now many recruitments require work experience. I wander as a college student, how I can accumulate work experience? #job #job-search #college-jobs #first-job...

#job-market

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Feb 04, 2017

What is the difference between finance and accounting? Is one more favorable in the job market?

Stuck between Accounting and Finance, I cannot tell the difference between these two majors after visiting so many different websites. All the websites state that both would deal with budgeting and analysis. I am now wondering what are the main differences between an accounting and finance...

#job-market #choosing-a-major #accounting #finance #college-major

Kevin L.’s Avatar
Kevin L. Oct 30, 2016

What occupations and fields are stagnating or decreasing in growth?

As time progresses, some occupations become obsolete because of society and technology. The factory worker was beat out by the robot, the mail delivery man was beat out by the drone. As a student and future contributor to the workforce, it is imperative to know where the money is at and where...

#job-market #employment

Kevin L.’s Avatar
Kevin L. Oct 30, 2016

Will there be an over saturation of engineers?

I want to be an engineer and am curious about the field. Presently, engineering and other STEM occupations are quite popular. But as time passes, there will be many who major in it like me and due to that, won't the job market be more competitive? And if so, when? #engineering #employment...

#job-market

Ella M.’s Avatar
Ella M. Oct 30, 2016

Are jobs in science really decreasing, and if so, is it still a good idea to go into them if you're dedicated enough?

I've heard conflicting statements about this. Some people have told me that pure science fields (not engineering, just research etc) are getting harder to find jobs in. Is this true? #science #biology #jobs #research #chemistry...

#job-market

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. Sep 16, 2016
Krystal N.’s Avatar
Krystal N. Aug 19, 2016

Which career pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist will be high demand high pay in the future?

I'm thinking between pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist career options that will fit my lifestyle but I don't know which career will be in high demand . #nurse #job-search #pharmacists #job-market #choosing-a-major...

#demand-forecasting

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 22, 2016

How should I succeed in job hunting when I don't have any previous internships/working experience?

I am almost graduating this summer and I am starting to look for jobs in the market. Unfortunately, because of personal issue I did not get a chance to work at all during school years and that my department did not offer internships. I am afraid that I can't compete with others when finding a...

#career #job-market #resume #job-search #career-paths

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 22, 2016

How's the job outlook for teaching?

I state the question very broadly because I'm curious about the job outlook for teaching at all grade levels (elementary, junior and high school, and post-secondary). #teaching #teacher #education #jobs...

#job-market

Saisha M.’s Avatar
Saisha M. May 24, 2016

I am a rising freshman majoring in International Policy, and I was wondering whether it is wise to keep a backup option considering the job market?

I am just concerned about whether I can have a career aligned with my area of interest or whether I should start planning for otherwise. #resume #majors #government #job-market...

#international-affairs

Saisha M.’s Avatar
Saisha M. May 24, 2016
Arshad A.’s Avatar
Arshad A. May 23, 2016

How to be an outstanding candidate when applying for jobs?

I have just graduated from college and looking for a job. I understand that the job market is tougher this time to make matters worse some say there might be a recession coming. I try to put the best in my CV and resume and tailor them to a particular company I send it to. Other than work...

#job-market #employment #resume #college #resume-writing #skills

Laurel M.’s Avatar
Laurel M. May 22, 2016

Post college, what are some things that need to be considered when looking for jobs?

I want to know some good things to consider when looking and interviewing for jobs after college. #job #job-search #job-market...

#job-fairs

renee L.’s Avatar
renee L. May 19, 2016

WHAT IS THE CAREER CHOICE FOR COLLEGE IN REGARDS TECHNOLOGY

I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND TECHNOLOGY IS GROWING SO FAST WITH SO MANY STREETS AND AVENUES WHERE DO I FOCUS ON WHAT WILL BE IN MOST DEMAND IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS #technology #tech #job-market #guidance-counselor...

#enter