Career Questions tagged Job Market

Xavier M.’s Avatar
Xavier M. Sep 01 82 views

What steps should I take to become a Head Chef?

I am a student in a culinary arts program at Job Corps. #job-market #high-school-jobs...

#culinary

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 95 views

A good entry level/internship job for Information Technology major?

I am majoring in Information technology (IT) and I'm trying to find an entry-level /internship job. What will be a good start? #jobs #first-job #job-market...

#july20

Guanlong F.’s Avatar
Guanlong F. Apr 01, 2019 227 views

What is the job market for entry-level data scientist right now?

I am looking for a data science job, but it looks like there are less entry level postings than senior level postings. #data-science #computer-science #job-search...

#job-market

Eboni B.’s Avatar
Eboni B. Aug 29, 2018 254 views

How do you build a successful career, without any experience?

Many job offers/positions require a person to have experience. If I'm fresh out of College, of course I'd be looking for a place to work. How will I be able to prove myself in my field, even though I'm a rookie/newbie. #jobs #salary #job-market #career...

#job

Patrick M.’s Avatar
Patrick M. Aug 22, 2018 266 views

What are some simple part-time jobs out there?

Just list down the job titles and/or the business. #job-market #summer-jobs...

#job-search

Lorna S.’s Avatar
Lorna S. Aug 21, 2018 217 views
Kristen A.’s Avatar
Kristen A. May 26, 2018 338 views

Is biomedical engineering a good major for the future, regarding job opportunities?

How does the salary of a biomedical engineer compare to other professions? Flexibility of work hours? Stability of the job? #job-market #major #college-majors #engineering #biology #biomedical...

#biomedical-engineering

Shaylee W.’s Avatar
Shaylee W. Jul 13, 2018 294 views

Is this a good job to have if you have a really busy schedule?

If you do a lot of things to do in a single day or week is this the right job to have? #job-market #jobs...

#first-job

Nicolas M.’s Avatar
Nicolas M. Mar 19, 2018 297 views

Is the cost of a high ranking university worth it in todays job market

Some Universities will cost families over 200,000. Loans based on this could take 10-20 years to repay. yet many students come out of college without great opportunities. #expensive #college-admissions #college...

#job-market

Joseph T.’s Avatar
Joseph T. Mar 20, 2018 548 views

What are a few of the most versatile engineering degrees?

I plan on going into the field of engineering but there are so many choices that I am having difficulty finding out the best degree for the job market. #engineering...

#job-market

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 354 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#employment #job-skills

Victoriahna V.’s Avatar
Victoriahna V. Jan 16, 2018 276 views

What are the fastest growing job fields?

I want to make sure I can get a job with the major I choose in the career field I want. #job-market...

#college-major

Val S.’s Avatar
Val S. Jan 12, 2018 343 views

What job position would be fit for a introvert person in the medical field ?

I'm in year 10 and interested in going into the medical field but I'm not really a fan of being with people for a expanded period of time so I was wondering what jobs I could do if I join the medical field. #medical-practice #medcine #career-path...

#job-market

Jordyn V.’s Avatar
Jordyn V. Sep 01, 2017 452 views
Mathew M.’s Avatar
Mathew M. Aug 26, 2017 617 views

I have a challenge for you today. What are...?

What are the real life job equivalences to jobs like in the movie TheTransporter(2002), Drive(2011)? If you haven't seen the movies here's a quick summary of their jobs: - TheTransporter: Main character delivers packages from point A to point B for the mob. He works by a strict set of rules he...

#job #career-plan #career-path #jobs #job-market #career #first-job #careers #career-planning #career-development #career-change #career-choice #job-search #career-counseling #job-coaching

Hayden S.’s Avatar
Hayden S. May 27, 2016 525 views

How is the field of Environmental Conservation looking?

I just want to be sure that my future job field has either a decent turnover rate or a large enough demand for jobs so that I can go straight to work after I get my degree. #career #money #career-path #salary #environmental #job-market #wildlife...

#financial-planning

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 847 views

When you're fresh out of college is it best to work for a while, travel, or go straight to Grad school?

I'm curious about the current state of the job market as it pertains to the hiring rate of students fresh out of college with their first Bachelor's degree. Do most employers favor new grads who've worked while in school? If so, how do students who have little work experience due to being...

#college-jobs #job-market #job-application #graduate-school #hiring #college-admissions #recruiting #job-search #employment

Chun L.’s Avatar
Chun L. Mar 20, 2017 803 views

How can I accumulate work experience?

Now many recruitments require work experience. I wander as a college student, how I can accumulate work experience? #job #job-search #college-jobs #first-job...

#job-market

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Feb 04, 2017 805 views

What is the difference between finance and accounting? Is one more favorable in the job market?

Stuck between Accounting and Finance, I cannot tell the difference between these two majors after visiting so many different websites. All the websites state that both would deal with budgeting and analysis. I am now wondering what are the main differences between an accounting and finance...

#choosing-a-major #job-market #college-major #finance #accounting

Kevin L.’s Avatar
Kevin L. Oct 30, 2016 504 views

What occupations and fields are stagnating or decreasing in growth?

As time progresses, some occupations become obsolete because of society and technology. The factory worker was beat out by the robot, the mail delivery man was beat out by the drone. As a student and future contributor to the workforce, it is imperative to know where the money is at and where...

#employment #job-market

Kevin L.’s Avatar
Kevin L. Oct 30, 2016 793 views

Will there be an over saturation of engineers?

I want to be an engineer and am curious about the field. Presently, engineering and other STEM occupations are quite popular. But as time passes, there will be many who major in it like me and due to that, won't the job market be more competitive? And if so, when? #engineering #employment...

#job-market

Ella M.’s Avatar
Ella M. Oct 30, 2016 581 views

Are jobs in science really decreasing, and if so, is it still a good idea to go into them if you're dedicated enough?

I've heard conflicting statements about this. Some people have told me that pure science fields (not engineering, just research etc) are getting harder to find jobs in. Is this true? #science #biology #jobs #research #chemistry...

#job-market

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. Sep 16, 2016 927 views
Krystal N.’s Avatar
Krystal N. Aug 19, 2016 532 views

Which career pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist will be high demand high pay in the future?

I'm thinking between pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist career options that will fit my lifestyle but I don't know which career will be in high demand . #nurse #job-search #pharmacists #job-market #choosing-a-major...

#demand-forecasting

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 22, 2016 678 views

How should I succeed in job hunting when I don't have any previous internships/working experience?

I am almost graduating this summer and I am starting to look for jobs in the market. Unfortunately, because of personal issue I did not get a chance to work at all during school years and that my department did not offer internships. I am afraid that I can't compete with others when finding a...

#resume #career #career-paths #job-market #job-search

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 22, 2016 677 views

How's the job outlook for teaching?

I state the question very broadly because I'm curious about the job outlook for teaching at all grade levels (elementary, junior and high school, and post-secondary). #teaching #teacher #education #jobs...

#job-market