Career Questions tagged Job Search Strategies

Linh Thuy M.’s Avatar
Linh Thuy M. Jul 29 121 views

What is the chance of getting a job after graduation during Covid-19?

In this sensitive time, many people had lost their jobs. So people are seeking new ways to provide for themselves. Getting a job is not easy when you are a fresh graduate. So what is the chance of getting a job during Covid-19 after graduation? #job #jobs #job-search-strategies #job...

#covid19 #job-search

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 590 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

#job-search-strategies #marketing-and-advertising #advertising #job-search #sales #travel #relocation #business-development #business

Kat B.’s Avatar
Kat B. Jan 17, 2018 476 views

How do I know what sort of job suits me?

I'm not sure if I'd fit best into a sit down job or one with lots of hustle, I do well in school sitting down all day but I also excel in work that has me up and moving #job-search-strategies #career-advice #career-counseling...

#career-development

Samantha B.’s Avatar
Samantha B. Jan 17, 2018 337 views

How easy is it to find a job in your field?

A lot of people say that it can be hard to find a job in your chosen field and that sometimes you can get a degree and then end up in a completely different area How true is this and what can I do to find a job in my major? #job-search-strategies #job-search #career-counseling...

#college-degree

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jan 21, 2018 317 views

What is the best way to deal with people misunderstanding your field?

I'm studying Linguistics, and I've seen many businesses post openings for a "linguist" when what they actually want is a translator. Since people often misunderstand the relevance of the work that linguists do, what is a good way to counteract that and find jobs relevant to what I'm actually...

#job-search-strategies #linguistics

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 18, 2018 461 views

What makes a good job candidate?

As someone going into the work field and a little brother who's going to as well I want to know the basic requirements for a good job candidate so that I might be able to help him and myself. #job-search-strategies #career-counseling #career #job-search #resume-writing...

#interviews

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 351 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#employment #job-skills

Jordyn V.’s Avatar
Jordyn V. Sep 01, 2017 450 views
Gonzalo Rizzo’s Avatar
Gonzalo R. Apr 19, 2017 906 views

How important is a degree nowadays?

I wanted to know about how important a degree is since I have seen that every day experience is more important at the time of finding a job and I think that a degree may be falling in a second place #job-search #degree #first-job...

#job-search-strategies

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 07, 2017 769 views

What are some good tips for finding a job without experience?

I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering and I will be graduating very soon. It has been hard for me to find a job by searching and applying for jobs online. I find that my application gets turned down often because I lack engineering work experience. Your tips on this matter will be...

#job-search-strategies #electrical-engineering #job-search #mechanical-engineering #engineering #engineer #human-resources #career

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 21, 2017 432 views

When you are on an interview, are there any red flags to look out for from a potential employer?

Should I watch out for certain questions that they ask? Is there anything you have learned in hindsight from an interview that should have paid more attention to? #job-search #interviews...

#job-search-strategies

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 16, 2017 852 views

What should I put on LinkedIn when I am an unemployed student looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services?

Should I list that I am a student who is looking for job opportunities and looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services in my headline? Should I mention the career which I aspire to have? In the experience section should I list my...

#career-change #job-search-strategies #career-counseling #career-path #job-search #linkedin #linkedin-recruiter

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017 489 views

How do I narrow my search focus for jobs?

I'm not sure what kind of job that I'm qualified to do since I have no work experience? Should I apply to any job that interests me? It seems like all the intern jobs are for college students and I am a high school student looking for a summer job. #student #job-search #first-job #summer-jobs...

#job-search-strategies #high-school-students #high-school-jobs

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 601 views

Are co-op programs helpful in getting a job after graduation?

Does completing a co-op program during undergrad really improve your resume? Is it likely that the company you do your co-op with will hire you after graduation? Is it worth it to take an extra year to complete your bachelor's degree? #job-search #college-jobs #job-search-strategies...

#co-op

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 02, 2017 437 views

What time of year do most graduate job applications close?

Obviously I am aware it varies but is there a certain time slot throughout the year where most graduate job applications are open? When do they typically start to close? #job #graduate #job-search #first-job #graduate-recruitment...

#job-search-strategies

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 756 views

Are there any online resources that can aid me in deciding a career, or field or job?

I was wondering if there is any online help in deciding what to do in the future after studying, or to help decide what further studies I want to go into? #career #career-counseling #career-choice #career-path #job-search #career-paths #job-search-strategies...

#job-searching

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 26, 2016 684 views

When choosing what you want to do, is a stable income more important than chasing after what you actually want to do?

All my life, I was constantly encouraged to follow the path of becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon. I never felt queasy at the sight of blood, I find the heart to be the most interesting organ in the body, and I even would watch surgery videos on YouTube from Mayo Clinic. Although this may have...

#career-change #job-search-strategies #career-counseling #career-choice #career-path #medicine #travel #career

Lera K.’s Avatar
Lera K. May 08, 2016 803 views

Pratical tips for job interviews?

What can I do in order to demonstrate that I am a good choice for a position that I am interested in? #job-search-strategies...

#job-interview