Career Questions tagged Job Search Strategies

Gunjan K.’s Avatar
Gunjan K. Feb 27 255 views

Regarding job Search

Hi All, I have a question for a Job search. I am searching for a job from last 9 months but I didn't get any success. 1. I have updated my profile in Linkdin,Indeed and other job search website. 2. Later I am refreshing the details every one week so profile will be in updated status. 3. I have...

job-search-strategies career customer business sonogram job-search

Linh Thuy M.’s Avatar
Linh Thuy M. Jul 29, 2020 356 views

What is the chance of getting a job after graduation during Covid-19?

In this sensitive time, many people had lost their jobs. So people are seeking new ways to provide for themselves. Getting a job is not easy when you are a fresh graduate. So what is the chance of getting a job during Covid-19 after graduation? Job jobs job-search-strategies job...

job-search covid19

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 872 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

travel advertising marketing-and-advertising business job-search-strategies sales business-development job-search relocation

Kat B.’s Avatar
Kat B. Jan 17, 2018 656 views

How do I know what sort of job suits me?

I'm not sure if I'd fit best into a sit down job or one with lots of hustle, I do well in school sitting down all day but I also excel in work that has me up and moving job-search-strategies career-advice career-counseling...

career-development

Samantha B.’s Avatar
Samantha B. Jan 17, 2018 467 views

How easy is it to find a job in your field?

A lot of people say that it can be hard to find a job in your chosen field and that sometimes you can get a degree and then end up in a completely different area How true is this and what can I do to find a job in my major? job-search-strategies job-search career-counseling...

college-degree

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jan 21, 2018 425 views

What is the best way to deal with people misunderstanding your field?

I'm studying Linguistics, and I've seen many businesses post openings for a "linguist" when what they actually want is a translator. Since people often misunderstand the relevance of the work that linguists do, what is a good way to counteract that and find jobs relevant to what I'm actually...

linguistics job-search-strategies

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 18, 2018 630 views

What makes a good job candidate?

As someone going into the work field and a little brother who's going to as well I want to know the basic requirements for a good job candidate so that I might be able to help him and myself. job-search-strategies career-counseling career job-search resume-writing...

interviews

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 612 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? business resume resume-building evaluating-resumes job-search-strategies job-market...

job-skills employment

Jordyn V.’s Avatar
Jordyn V. Sep 01, 2017 588 views
Gonzalo Rizzo’s Avatar
Gonzalo R. Apr 19, 2017 1290 views

How important is a degree nowadays?

I wanted to know about how important a degree is since I have seen that every day experience is more important at the time of finding a job and I think that a degree may be falling in a second place job-search degree first-job...

job-search-strategies

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 07, 2017 976 views

What are some good tips for finding a job without experience?

I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering and I will be graduating very soon. It has been hard for me to find a job by searching and applying for jobs online. I find that my application gets turned down often because I lack engineering work experience. Your tips on this matter will be...

human-resources electrical-engineering mechanical-engineering job-search-strategies engineer engineering career job-search

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 21, 2017 558 views

When you are on an interview, are there any red flags to look out for from a potential employer?

Should I watch out for certain questions that they ask? Is there anything you have learned in hindsight from an interview that should have paid more attention to? job-search interviews...

job-search-strategies

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 16, 2017 1011 views

What should I put on LinkedIn when I am an unemployed student looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services?

Should I list that I am a student who is looking for job opportunities and looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services in my headline? Should I mention the career which I aspire to have? In the experience section should I list my...

linkedin job-search-strategies career-change linkedin-recruiter job-search career-counseling career-path

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017 653 views

How do I narrow my search focus for jobs?

I'm not sure what kind of job that I'm qualified to do since I have no work experience? Should I apply to any job that interests me? It seems like all the intern jobs are for college students and I am a high school student looking for a summer job. student job-search first-job summer-jobs...

high-school-students high-school-jobs job-search-strategies

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 770 views

Are co-op programs helpful in getting a job after graduation?

Does completing a co-op program during undergrad really improve your resume? Is it likely that the company you do your co-op with will hire you after graduation? Is it worth it to take an extra year to complete your bachelor's degree? job-search college-jobs job-search-strategies...

co-op

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 02, 2017 575 views

What time of year do most graduate job applications close?

Obviously I am aware it varies but is there a certain time slot throughout the year where most graduate job applications are open? When do they typically start to close? job graduate job-search first-job graduate-recruitment...

job-search-strategies

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 960 views

Are there any online resources that can aid me in deciding a career, or field or job?

I was wondering if there is any online help in deciding what to do in the future after studying, or to help decide what further studies I want to go into? career career-counseling career-choice career-path job-search career-paths job-search-strategies...

job-searching

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 26, 2016 809 views

When choosing what you want to do, is a stable income more important than chasing after what you actually want to do?

All my life, I was constantly encouraged to follow the path of becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon. I never felt queasy at the sight of blood, I find the heart to be the most interesting organ in the body, and I even would watch surgery videos on YouTube from Mayo Clinic. Although this may have...

travel medicine career-path career-choice career-change job-search-strategies career career-counseling

Lera K.’s Avatar
Lera K. May 08, 2016 1027 views

Pratical tips for job interviews?

What can I do in order to demonstrate that I am a good choice for a position that I am interested in? job-search-strategies...

job-interview