Career Questions tagged High School Jobs

Valerie R.’s Avatar
Valerie R. Jun 30, 2018

What classes should I take to become a maternity nurse?

Are there specific minors that are needed or do you just get a BSN and apply for that job? #high-school-jobs #collegecourses #nursing #nurse #medicine...

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

#female-director #motion-pictures-and-film #director #photography #cinematography #high-school-jobs #film-school

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Mar 10, 2017

When interviewing for a job, what should you answer when asked about your weaknesses?

Are there answers that show you are thoughtful and honest without ruining the chance of getting the job? What are companies really looking for? #interviews #college-jobs #summer-jobs #interviewing-skills...

#high-school-jobs

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017

Is there a "season" or "cycle" when employers post summer jobs for high school students?

It's February and school ends in mid-June. Should I start applying for jobs now, or is it too early? Do employer's start looking for summer help in the spring, or do they wait until closer to June? #hiring #summer-jobs #high-school-students #employers #summer-internship #high-school-jobs...

#student-interns #hiring-practice

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017

How do I narrow my search focus for jobs?

I'm not sure what kind of job that I'm qualified to do since I have no work experience? Should I apply to any job that interests me? It seems like all the intern jobs are for college students and I am a high school student looking for a summer job. #student #job-search #first-job #summer-jobs...

#high-school-jobs #high-school-students #job-search-strategies

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016

How do you apply to a job when you don't have any job experience whatsoever?

I am looking for a job that is compatible with high school and its workload but accepts people with no job experience as a way to gain some. #jobs #high-school-students #entry-level...

#high-school-jobs

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016

What are some good jobs to start out with for the experience?

I want to find a job that is compatible with high school hours and homework but gives some job experience. The pay doesn't matter per say but above minimum wage would definitely be a plus. #jobs #high-school-students...

#high-school-jobs