Career Questions tagged High School Jobs

Eshan S.’s Avatar
Eshan S. Mar 28, 2021 349 views

How does a high school junior with no work experience get a job?

I'm a high school junior trying to find a summer job to enrich my experience . jobsearch...

high-school-jobs

Kolian D.’s Avatar
Kolian D. Nov 05, 2020 265 views

What kind of job can you get in trades right after you graduate high school?

I want to get a job in anything in trades because school really isn't my thing. Any trade jobs you can get into after you graduate high school. job-search high-school-jobs physical...

trades

Xavier M.’s Avatar
Xavier M. Sep 01, 2020 289 views

What steps should I take to become a Head Chef?

I am a student in a culinary arts program at Job Corps. job-market high-school-jobs...

culinary

Valerie R.’s Avatar
Valerie R. Jun 30, 2018 472 views

What classes should I take to become a maternity nurse?

Are there specific minors that are needed or do you just get a BSN and apply for that job? high-school-jobs collegecourses nursing nurse medicine...

college

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018 418 views

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

film-school motion-pictures-and-film high-school-jobs photography female-director cinematography director

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Mar 10, 2017 851 views

When interviewing for a job, what should you answer when asked about your weaknesses?

Are there answers that show you are thoughtful and honest without ruining the chance of getting the job? What are companies really looking for? interviews college-jobs summer-jobs interviewing-skills...

high-school-jobs

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017 665 views

Is there a "season" or "cycle" when employers post summer jobs for high school students?

It's February and school ends in mid-June. Should I start applying for jobs now, or is it too early? Do employer's start looking for summer help in the spring, or do they wait until closer to June? hiring summer-jobs high-school-students employers summer-internship high-school-jobs...

hiring-practice student-interns

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017 677 views

How do I narrow my search focus for jobs?

I'm not sure what kind of job that I'm qualified to do since I have no work experience? Should I apply to any job that interests me? It seems like all the intern jobs are for college students and I am a high school student looking for a summer job. student job-search first-job summer-jobs...

job-search-strategies high-school-students high-school-jobs

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 729 views

How do you apply to a job when you don't have any job experience whatsoever?

I am looking for a job that is compatible with high school and its workload but accepts people with no job experience as a way to gain some. jobs high-school-students entry-level...

high-school-jobs

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 570 views

What are some good jobs to start out with for the experience?

I want to find a job that is compatible with high school hours and homework but gives some job experience. The pay doesn't matter per say but above minimum wage would definitely be a plus. jobs high-school-students...

high-school-jobs