Career Questions tagged Director

Valentini Z.’s Avatar
Valentini Z. Sep 28 47 views

How difficult is getting into the film industry?

I'm in 9th grade and I am interested in the film industry. I like movies and photography. actors director student film...

acting

May L.’s Avatar
May L. Jun 25 73 views

How can I get recognized in the film industry?

I want to become a filmmaker, specifically a director, cinematographer, and writer. film director...

artist

Morgan B.’s Avatar
Morgan B. Jun 11 82 views

What can I expect in the film industry?

I'm super interested in going to college for film, an getting a job in the film industry. Not as actress, but as a producer, director, screenwriter, etc. I'm aware that this career path is notoriously hard to break into, and I'm not sure if it will be worth pursuing. What sort of challenges...

film

Christina A.’s Avatar
Christina A. Jun 01 111 views

what should I research in if I want to become a film director?

Hi! My names Christina and I'm 14 years old. I started thinking about what I want to do when I get older and I've created an interest in film. I think being a film director is really cool. director...

film

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Mar 10 209 views

I’m trying to decide on a college.

I want to be writer for a comic book/ animated series one day, and I want to go to college for a creative writing major, but I’m not sure what colleges have the best programs for that sort of thing. I’m going to a early college program so I’ll be starting university with a associate’s and going...

college director majors animation writing entertainment

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 10, 2020 452 views

What's it like to be an Art Director?

Hi all! I'm exploring career options and wondering if anyone is/was an Art Director and want to know the following 1.) a summary of what you do on the day-today 2.) Can you be an Art Director who has no technical art background but more of a business background, and 3.) What is the best career...

artist artdirector director art performing-arts arts

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Dec 07, 2020 351 views

My severe fear of being poor for the rest of my life, is prohibiting me for going after my dreams. What can I do?

I come from a very poor family. I'm the oldest of 10 kids, and both my parents work blue collar jobs. We were absolutely broke. We didn't have a working car until later in my life. They couldn't afford to pay bills. We got christmas gifts from our local church. We struggled. Growing up, I knew...

director career film screenwriter fear entertainment

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 189 views

I'm stuck between becoming an Author, Director or Actor

I'm a Junior in high school and right now I'm a bit stuck on which career I want to pursuit. I do love to write and come up with stories. Lately I've become more interested on how shows are made and what directors do to make a show happen. Then I'm interested in acting because I've been taking...

actor director writing

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 695 views

What does it take to be a film director?

I'm a Junior now in high school and I'm interested in becoming a Director (maybe). I'm really interested in how directors can take this idea of a show or movie and turn it into something that people love and enjoy. When I'm thinking about one I'll sometimes think of other ways the scene...

acting director filmmaking

Daniela M.’s Avatar
Daniela M. Nov 05, 2020 156 views

What are some possible alternative jobs I can go into if being a film director is not what I want later in life, but still want to be in the film industry?

I am a 12th grader and I love the behind the scenes of movies. My favorite kind of movies are sci-fi and action. I am currently taking a class about film and I am enjoying the class a lot. film...

director

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 479 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

film-acting film-editing filmdirector editing film-production media-production arts design director english writer film career

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 151 views

Is there any other courses which I can do with bsc nursing so I can get better opportunity to seek my goal?

I had done bsc nursing I just want to mushroom my education to get it more valuable director #community#health# july...

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08, 2020 365 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

movie law lawyer cinema college director film law-school producer

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19, 2019 279 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? college film director...

screenwriter

ahmed A.’s Avatar
ahmed A. Jun 28, 2018 429 views

film making or medicine or business??

my family wants me to got to medicine school because I am good at sciences all of my family are doctors but I am also good at theatre management and directed a school play before and wanted to go to a film making academy. I wasn't planning for the film making choice from a long time, intact I...

director business medicine film science

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jan 10, 2018 392 views

What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?

I am a ninth grader in Oakland, California. Right now I am attending an art school where my focus is writing. We have many great opportunities to publish and start building a portfolio. I would love to be a director and screen-writer. I was wondering if there were any programs/internships I...

directing screenwriting

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018 385 views

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

photography motion-pictures-and-film director female-director cinematography high-school-jobs film-school

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017 688 views