Career Questions tagged Director

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Mar 10 96 views

I’m trying to decide on a college.

I want to be writer for a comic book/ animated series one day, and I want to go to college for a creative writing major, but I’m not sure what colleges have the best programs for that sort of thing. I’m going to a early college program so I’ll be starting university with a associate’s and going...

#college #entertainment #writing #majors #animation #director

Michelle R.’s Avatar
Michelle R. Jan 21 53 views
Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 10, 2020 222 views

What's it like to be an Art Director?

Hi all! I'm exploring career options and wondering if anyone is/was an Art Director and want to know the following 1.) a summary of what you do on the day-today 2.) Can you be an Art Director who has no technical art background but more of a business background, and 3.) What is the best career...

#artist #arts #artdirector #art #performing-arts #director

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Dec 07, 2020 266 views

My severe fear of being poor for the rest of my life, is prohibiting me for going after my dreams. What can I do?

I come from a very poor family. I'm the oldest of 10 kids, and both my parents work blue collar jobs. We were absolutely broke. We didn't have a working car until later in my life. They couldn't afford to pay bills. We got christmas gifts from our local church. We struggled. Growing up, I knew...

#entertainment #career #fear #film #director #screenwriter

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 121 views

I'm stuck between becoming an Author, Director or Actor

I'm a Junior in high school and right now I'm a bit stuck on which career I want to pursuit. I do love to write and come up with stories. Lately I've become more interested on how shows are made and what directors do to make a show happen. Then I'm interested in acting because I've been taking...

#actor #director #writing

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 409 views

What does it take to be a film director?

I'm a Junior now in high school and I'm interested in becoming a Director (maybe). I'm really interested in how directors can take this idea of a show or movie and turn it into something that people love and enjoy. When I'm thinking about one I'll sometimes think of other ways the scene...

#acting #filmmaking #director

Daniela M.’s Avatar
Daniela M. Nov 05, 2020 109 views

What are some possible alternative jobs I can go into if being a film director is not what I want later in life, but still want to be in the film industry?

I am a 12th grader and I love the behind the scenes of movies. My favorite kind of movies are sci-fi and action. I am currently taking a class about film and I am enjoying the class a lot. #film...

#director

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 378 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#english #film-acting #filmdirector #film #director #writer #career #arts #film-production #design #film-editing #editing #media-production

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 102 views

Is there any other courses which I can do with bsc nursing so I can get better opportunity to seek my goal?

I had done bsc nursing I just want to mushroom my education to get it more valuable #director #community#health# july...

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08, 2020 281 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#lawyer #movie #law-school #film #law #director #cinema #producer #college

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19, 2019 214 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? #college #film #director...

#screenwriter

ahmed A.’s Avatar
ahmed A. Jun 28, 2018 381 views

film making or medicine or business??

my family wants me to got to medicine school because I am good at sciences all of my family are doctors but I am also good at theatre management and directed a school play before and wanted to go to a film making academy. I wasn't planning for the film making choice from a long time, intact I...

#science #medicine #business #film #director

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jan 10, 2018 334 views

What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?

I am a ninth grader in Oakland, California. Right now I am attending an art school where my focus is writing. We have many great opportunities to publish and start building a portfolio. I would love to be a #director and #screen-writer. I was wondering if there were any programs/#internships I...

#screenwriting #directing

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018 336 views

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

#motion-pictures-and-film #high-school-jobs #cinematography #photography #director #film-school #female-director

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017 592 views
Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Nov 07, 2017 489 views

How do I become director

sorry the one I give you was a mistake, so same like my past and dream. #director #motion-pictures-and-film #film...

#film-production

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Oct 20, 2017 580 views

How do you become a director?

I always dream of becoming director and I can share my crazy imagination to show the children and adults what I have. My mission is to go every studio that I got the idea of my next movie, but first I'm off the Universal Studio. #film-making #director #film #film-production #films...

#motion-pictures-and-film

Antonio W.’s Avatar
Antonio W. Feb 10, 2017 581 views

What experience do I need to go to theatre school?

To see how many more classes i need to take #manager #director #actors #stage #understudy #theatre...

#theater

Maggi E.’s Avatar
Maggi E. May 10, 2016 505 views

Best College Courses for Publication Design

What are the best courses to take in college if I want to work in publication design and eventually become a creative director? #college #design #director #creative #graphics #magazines...

#publication-design

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 24, 2016 634 views

How do you create a investment portfolio?

I want to ensure any organization, before we collaborate on an assignment my financial track record. For example 3-5 prior to me taking over the organization. An introduction of behaviors and habits for initially, what will consider as a ground breaking process, Next, individuals will be...

#investors #japan #director #athlete #business #actors #estate #professional

Khalah R.’s Avatar
Khalah R. Aug 22, 2016 578 views

How i do become sucessful in the entertainement industry?

I'm a senior, i got to school in Hollywood i love broad casting and social media and i would love to work in the entertainment industry. How do i become successful and what do i major in? #acting #theatre #director #broadcast-media...

#film-production