Career Questions tagged Director

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19 32 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? #college #film #director...

#screenwriter

ahmed A.’s Avatar
ahmed A. Jun 28, 2018 248 views

film making or medicine or business??

my family wants me to got to medicine school because I am good at sciences all of my family are doctors but I am also good at theatre management and directed a school play before and wanted to go to a film making academy. I wasn't planning for the film making choice from a long time, intact I...

#director #business #science #film #medicine

Andrew H.’s Avatar
Andrew H. May 24, 2018 244 views
Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jan 10, 2018 206 views

What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?

I am a ninth grader in Oakland, California. Right now I am attending an art school where my focus is writing. We have many great opportunities to publish and start building a portfolio. I would love to be a #director and #screen-writer. I was wondering if there were any programs/#internships I...

#directing #screenwriting

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018 217 views

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

#director #motion-pictures-and-film #cinematography #film-school #photography #high-school-jobs #female-director

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017 412 views
Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Nov 07, 2017 351 views

How do I become director

sorry the one I give you was a mistake, so same like my past and dream. #director #motion-pictures-and-film #film...

#film-production

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Oct 20, 2017 404 views

How do you become a director?

I always dream of becoming director and I can share my crazy imagination to show the children and adults what I have. My mission is to go every studio that I got the idea of my next movie, but first I'm off the Universal Studio. #film-making #director #film #film-production #films...

#motion-pictures-and-film

Antonio W.’s Avatar
Antonio W. Feb 10, 2017 461 views

What experience do I need to go to theatre school?

To see how many more classes i need to take #manager #director #actors #stage #understudy #theatre...

#theater

Maggi E.’s Avatar
Maggi E. May 10, 2016 396 views

Best College Courses for Publication Design

What are the best courses to take in college if I want to work in publication design and eventually become a creative director? #college #design #director #creative #graphics #magazines...

#publication-design

Jaclyn F.’s Avatar
Jaclyn F. May 24, 2016 455 views
Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 24, 2016 484 views

How do you create a investment portfolio?

I want to ensure any organization, before we collaborate on an assignment my financial track record. For example 3-5 prior to me taking over the organization. An introduction of behaviors and habits for initially, what will consider as a ground breaking process, Next, individuals will be...

#director #investors #athlete #actors #professional #business #estate #japan

Khalah R.’s Avatar
Khalah R. Aug 22, 2016 465 views

How i do become sucessful in the entertainement industry?

I'm a senior, i got to school in Hollywood i love broad casting and social media and i would love to work in the entertainment industry. How do i become successful and what do i major in? #acting #theatre #director #broadcast-media...

#film-production

Mariya Q.’s Avatar
Mariya Q. Jun 28, 2016 535 views

What should be our attitude while taking an interview? Should we speak more or let them speak?

Hi I am a graduate fresher. Looking for a job, a bit scare about the questions interviewer may ask. Help me with your precious advice. #interviews #manager #director...

#interviewing-skills

Lissy S.’s Avatar
Lissy S. May 27, 2016 700 views

In a career path as competitive as film, how do you stay unintimidated and focused?

I've had a dream to be a filmmaker for as long as I can remember, and make my own films whenever possible. It's no secret that getting into the business is extremely hard, and often times if you do not have the right networking or connections your dreams can quickly seem unreachable. For this...

#director #cinema #producer #networking #video #film #focused

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. May 23, 2016 444 views

what do employers look for when it comes to hiring a director/producer?

I want to be an NFL director/producer and I feel that I should probably have a background that impresses a employer. #television #director #producer #employer-relations #tv-production...

#television-producer

Laurel P.’s Avatar
Laurel P. May 23, 2016 717 views

With seemingly a decreasing number of women in the IT Field, besides a related degree, do you recommend a specific minor and/or specialized certifications/qualifications to ensure that I will stand out among other graduates entering the work force?

I will be a female college freshman in the fall. I am majoring in computer information systems and love the ability to organize by creating and using software applications/databases. I also hope to have a lucrative career with flexible hours so that I will have an opportunity to be a great...

#director #databases #women #business #portfolio-management #software #pmo

Jocelyn C.’s Avatar
Jocelyn C. May 19, 2016 567 views

Any advice for someone who is planning to major in film?

I have recently decided to major in film production but I continuously receive comments about the competitiveness within the film industry especially for women, at times this makes me second guess my major. Is there any advice or information I should know before I take this on? #film...

#director #producer #cinematography #television

Amber C.’s Avatar
Amber C. May 13, 2016 545 views

Which is the best way to cope with feeling "stuck" in the career/job that you are in?

I am asking this question because I have the constant thought of possibly being contained with a low-paying job and clinging to the finances of my parents for the rest of my life, which I desperately want to avoid, as does every soon-to-be adult. Some family members say that they are not happy...

#director #manager #therapy #life-coach #counselor #statistics #interviews #professor

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. May 10, 2016 719 views

Is it necessary to have a masters degree in todays times to really get a job?

I am going to school for Theater Performance and due to the field of study and alumni connections it is smarter at this point to go to the " more prestigious institution". The majority of my big student loans will be from these 4 years. How necessary will be be to continue with my masters...

#director #actor #theatre #musical-theatre #stage-management

Justis S.’s Avatar
Justis S. Mar 01, 2016 517 views

How can a young actor start getting roles without much experience, or a full resume ?

I'm asking this question because I am an actor. I do short films, and featured films. I read a lot of book and try to gain more knowledge. Now I want to know how to get further in the craft and do more things that will lead to my success. #director #film-acting #actors...

#producer

Andres Z.’s Avatar
Andres Z. Mar 01, 2016 653 views

How can i get started as a filmmaker in my community

I don't plan on going to film school so I want to gain on the job experience and start now as a 16 year old. #film #director #video #movie...

#audio

Peyton F.’s Avatar
Peyton F. Dec 09, 2015 734 views

What are the best colleges for acting and directing movies?

Hi my name is Peyton and I really want to be a director I love to tell stories!!! #acting #director...

#movie

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Nov 21, 2015 1715 views

Can I pursue two careers at once?

Ever since I was little my life has been about two things Medicine and movies. They are my passions. Movies and medicine are all that I know. I want to learn how to become a surgeon. What do I do? Can I pursue two careers at once? I also want to direct movies. I can't decide between the two....

#director #movies #doctor #film #surgeon

Peyton F.’s Avatar
Peyton F. Oct 29, 2015 620 views

do young people need to practice acting for when the get older?

Hi my name is Peyton i am on 6th grade and I want to be a Movie Director #career #actor...

#director

Laiza G.’s Avatar
Laiza G. Sep 01, 2015 788 views

Can you please help me explore these careers (I am undecided): assistant vet., business person, psychology, movie director, writer (for movies), or lawyer.

I am asking this question because I don't know much about these careers. I want to decide what I want to be when I grow up. #business #psychology #lawyer #veterinarian #director...

#writer