Career Questions tagged Audio Engineering

Hector’s Avatar
Hector Jan 10 77 views

What are the most vital steps someone should take to prepare to take the career of audio engineering technician?

I am curious what are the most important life steps I should take to prepare myself physically and mentally to be a good audio technical engineer.

Hector’s Avatar
Hector Jan 10 124 views

What certifications are required or can help you distinguish in the area of ​​audio technical engineering?

to fix a problem you first have to identify it, and this is mine, I would like to know what certificates I need to be able to study what I want, any suggestion is welcome thanks.

Hector’s Avatar
Hector Jan 10 108 views

What is the necessary knowledge to be a technical audio engineer?

Hello, my name is Hector and I am interested in becoming an audio engineer and I am interested in knowing more about what I need to make it happen, thanks for your answers and may the force be with you! :)

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Oct 28, 2021 253 views

For those in Sound Engineering, have you found that working in that career field has been fulfilling and enriching to your life in anyway?

#audio-engineer #audio-engineering #audio #sound-engineer

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Oct 28, 2021 253 views

In a career like Sound Engineering, what exactly do you do on a normal day to day basis

My name is Joshua Spurgeon and I am currently a Bamberg, SC Job Corps student. I have a very creative mind and I enjoy creating #audio-engineering #audio

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Jan 16, 2018 598 views

Will joining the police force after college affect my job placement?

I'm in a music business program to hopefully work in a recording studio and run FOH audio for bands, and I'm curious if joining the police force right after school would affect my opportunities in these fields.

#audio-engineering #production #music #law-enforcement #police #audio

Lily’s Avatar
Lily Jan 10, 2018 777 views

What is a good computer program to practice sound mixing?

I’m interested in trying out sound mixing but I don’t know if there is a cheap way to test it out. Are there any programs for students to use if they want to practice editing and mixing sound? #sound-mixing #audio-engineering #audio #audio-editing #audio-post-production #audio-production...

Gus’s Avatar
Gus Oct 12, 2017 804 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

Nathan’s Avatar
Nathan Sep 01, 2017 581 views

Advice for third-year electrical engineering student interested in pursuing audio/DSP careers?

I am a third-year EE student with good understanding of circuit analysis, time and frequency domain analysis of signals, and system analysis, and am educating myself on music production (mixing and mastering). I plant to obtain my master's degree within the next 2 or 3 years. Any words of...