Career Questions tagged Audio Engineering

Joshua S.’s Avatar
Joshua S. Oct 28, 2021 85 views

In a career like Sound Engineering, what exactly do you do on a normal day to day basis

My name is Joshua Spurgeon and I am currently a Bamberg, SC Job Corps student. I have a very creative mind and I enjoy creating audio-engineering...

audio

Bryan T.’s Avatar
Bryan T. Jan 16, 2018 462 views

Will joining the police force after college affect my job placement?

I'm in a music business program to hopefully work in a recording studio and run FOH audio for bands, and I'm curious if joining the police force right after school would affect my opportunities in these fields. audio-engineering production music law-enforcement police...

audio

Lily A.’s Avatar
Lily A. Jan 10, 2018 614 views

What is a good computer program to practice sound mixing?

I’m interested in trying out sound mixing but I don’t know if there is a cheap way to test it out. Are there any programs for students to use if they want to practice editing and mixing sound? sound-mixing audio-engineering audio audio-editing audio-post-production audio-production...

computer-program digital-audio

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 588 views

Anyone in the recording industry able to answer questions?

Hello, I am 17 years old and I am currently working on a final grade and also for some personal inquiry I am wondering about there being any recording studios or anyone that is able to able to acquire the time to be able to personally answer a few questions and also answer the few questions...

audio-production audio-engineering technology audio music audio-editing

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 488 views

What would you say would be the required amount of years in college for the music industry?

Hello, my name is Ramon; and I am currently a 17 year old high school senior and I am currently wondering if I may be able to receive a few answers to a few questions that I would like to receive answers to. Apologies for the intrusion of asking these questions if they may seem redundant. I...

school audio-engineering digital-audio music-industry college music-recording music-production music audio

Gus H.’s Avatar
Gus H. Oct 12, 2017 670 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

music-performance college-majors majors college-major audio-engineering music-education college-minor majors-and-minors choosing-a-major music

Nathan H.’s Avatar
Nathan H. Sep 01, 2017 467 views

Advice for third-year electrical engineering student interested in pursuing audio/DSP careers?

I am a third-year EE student with good understanding of circuit analysis, time and frequency domain analysis of signals, and system analysis, and am educating myself on music production (mixing and mastering). I plant to obtain my master's degree within the next 2 or 3 years. Any words of...

audio-engineering sound-mastering electrical-engineering sound-mixing dsp