Career Questions tagged Audio Engineering

Bryan T.’s Avatar
Bryan T. Jan 16, 2018 376 views

Will joining the police force after college affect my job placement?

I'm in a music business program to hopefully work in a recording studio and run FOH audio for bands, and I'm curious if joining the police force right after school would affect my opportunities in these fields. #audio-engineering #production #music #law-enforcement #police...

#audio

Lily A.’s Avatar
Lily A. Jan 10, 2018 475 views

What is a good computer program to practice sound mixing?

I’m interested in trying out sound mixing but I don’t know if there is a cheap way to test it out. Are there any programs for students to use if they want to practice editing and mixing sound? #sound-mixing #audio-engineering #audio #audio-editing #audio-post-production #audio-production...

#digital-audio #computer-program

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 499 views

Anyone in the recording industry able to answer questions?

Hello, I am 17 years old and I am currently working on a final grade and also for some personal inquiry I am wondering about there being any recording studios or anyone that is able to able to acquire the time to be able to personally answer a few questions and also answer the few questions...

#audio #audio-production #technology #music #audio-engineering #audio-editing

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 395 views

What would you say would be the required amount of years in college for the music industry?

Hello, my name is Ramon; and I am currently a 17 year old high school senior and I am currently wondering if I may be able to receive a few answers to a few questions that I would like to receive answers to. Apologies for the intrusion of asking these questions if they may seem redundant. I...

#audio #music-production #music #digital-audio #audio-engineering #music-industry #college #school #music-recording

Gus H.’s Avatar
Gus H. Oct 12, 2017 557 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

#music-performance #music #college-majors #majors #audio-engineering #music-education #choosing-a-major #college-major #college-minor #majors-and-minors

Nathan H.’s Avatar
Nathan H. Sep 01, 2017 394 views

Advice for third-year electrical engineering student interested in pursuing audio/DSP careers?

I am a third-year EE student with good understanding of circuit analysis, time and frequency domain analysis of signals, and system analysis, and am educating myself on music production (mixing and mastering). I plant to obtain my master's degree within the next 2 or 3 years. Any words of...

#sound-mixing #sound-mastering #electrical-engineering #audio-engineering #dsp