Career Questions tagged Filmmaking

mv0023’s Avatar
mv0023 Jun 14 165 views

is major in business administration along with minor in some other sub same as Bachelors of business administration(bba)

i love filmmaking and i always wanted to start my own business.i havent chosen which one i want to choose as my career after highschool and i want to know if there is a chance i can learn both in college.if i take business as major and filmmaking as minor in a university will it have the same...

Jack’s Avatar
Jack May 06 187 views

I looking to be a film and video editor

I have 5 questions about this job

1. What is the best place to start practicing
2. What are some programs to have/avoid
3. Wat are good schools to go to
4. What is the best way to practice
5. What is your favorite part of the job

Bartholomew Davis IV’s Avatar
Bartholomew Davis IV May 05 182 views

What has been your biggest challenge, and how did you overcome it?

I am doing some research on the career of Producers/Directors.

jack’s Avatar
jack Apr 26 291 views

I want to begin learning how to edit film and videos, so whats the best way to start

I want to know:

- What's the best way to start
- How should I practice
- How important is learning sound editing
- What are good skills to have
-What tools are most beneficial

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 174 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? #film...

Lilah’s Avatar
Lilah Nov 05, 2020 1111 views

What does it take to be a film director?

I'm a Junior now in high school and I'm interested in becoming a Director (maybe). I'm really interested in how directors can take this idea of a show or movie and turn it into something that people love and enjoy. When I'm thinking about one I'll sometimes think of other ways the scene...

sumana’s Avatar
sumana May 30, 2020 452 views

I want to have a my career in filmmaking field. I'm 18 yo, uncertain about what to do in future. I want to start learning about dop, writing, editing and direction. Whats the best way for me to start?

I just turned 18 and I'm so so passionate about films. I don't have unrealistic expectations of being a star director or so. I just want to be a part of filmmaking process. #film #college #art #career #careeradvice #filmmaking #editing #direction #cinematography #dop #screenplay #creativewriting

Nick’s Avatar
Nick Feb 10, 2020 319 views

What advice would a seasoned filmmaker give a novice for choosing the best fit when deciding on a college?

#film
#Filmmaking
#college-advice
#help

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Jan 22, 2018 587 views

Is film school helpful for anything other than networking?

Right now I am not planning on going to film school and am very against it because I see it as a huge waste of time and money. The only thing people say it's useful for is networking what else does it have to offer?

#film #filmmaking #filmmaker #filmschool