Career Questions tagged Filmmaking

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29 28 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? film...

filmschool television actors movieproducer moviedirector filmmaking film-acting movie shortfilm

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 742 views

What does it take to be a film director?

I'm a Junior now in high school and I'm interested in becoming a Director (maybe). I'm really interested in how directors can take this idea of a show or movie and turn it into something that people love and enjoy. When I'm thinking about one I'll sometimes think of other ways the scene...

acting filmmaking director

Ryan D.’s Avatar
Ryan D. Jan 22, 2018 456 views

Is film school helpful for anything other than networking?

Right now I am not planning on going to film school and am very against it because I see it as a huge waste of time and money. The only thing people say it's useful for is networking what else does it have to offer? film filmmaking filmmaker...

filmschool