Career Questions tagged Movie

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Jan 01 88 views

I plan on writing my first screeplay in 2022. However, I'm not sure whether to write a tv or movie script for my first screenplay?

I have many ideas that could be either a tv script or a movie script. However, just curious, what does the entertainment/film industry value more? TV or Movie Screenplays? I am struggling on my decision. I plan to use the script to submit to writing competitions and apply to grad film school....

writing tvscript moviescript college acting writer movie tv film entertainment filmindustry screenplay teleplay script

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 64 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? film...

television actors film-acting movie filmschool moviedirector movieproducer filmmaking shortfilm

kyle B.’s Avatar
kyle B. Aug 05, 2021 206 views
Grayson F.’s Avatar
Grayson F. Oct 28, 2020 136 views
Grayson F.’s Avatar
Grayson F. Oct 28, 2020 128 views
Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08, 2020 410 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

law-school lawyer director college law movie film producer cinema

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Dec 04, 2019 260 views

What is a regular day like for a television company employee

I want to go to VCUarts and do the cinema program to hopefully work for a television or movie company. career television...

movie

Bella T.’s Avatar
Bella T. Jan 18, 2018 475 views

Is it possible to be behind the camera and in front as well?

I love acting, but I also have a big interest in filmmaking. What I'm wondering is if I pursue filmmaking, will that ever put me in a position to act? Or is it just one or the other? I know both are a hard place to get into, and I wouldn't mind some advice for that as well. acting...

motion-pictures-and-film performing-arts film-acting movie voice-acting film film-making

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 593 views

What are the best times to look for auditions?

On Broadway or for a movie in general acting dance broadway...

movie

Andres Z.’s Avatar
Andres Z. Mar 01, 2016 903 views

How can i get started as a filmmaker in my community

I don't plan on going to film school so I want to gain on the job experience and start now as a 16 year old. film director video movie...

audio

Peyton F.’s Avatar
Peyton F. Dec 09, 2015 965 views

What are the best colleges for acting and directing movies?

Hi my name is Peyton and I really want to be a director I love to tell stories!!! acting director...

movie

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Apr 01, 2015 935 views

How long do you have to be in school to be a film maker?

Hi my name is Jeremy. I would be interested in becoming a movie director. I think that directing movies would be very interesting and I like movies. theater film-acting actors films directing...

movie