Career Questions tagged Cinema

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08 160 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#director #cinema #college #law-school #law #producer #movie #film #lawyer

prasanth R.’s Avatar
prasanth R. May 25, 2016 454 views

how can i become cinema director?

i am studying 12th arts & computer science i become a film direction #higher-education #film #movies...

#cinema

Lissy S.’s Avatar
Lissy S. May 27, 2016 759 views

In a career path as competitive as film, how do you stay unintimidated and focused?

I've had a dream to be a filmmaker for as long as I can remember, and make my own films whenever possible. It's no secret that getting into the business is extremely hard, and often times if you do not have the right networking or connections your dreams can quickly seem unreachable. For this...

#director #cinema #video #focused #producer #film #networking

Chance M.’s Avatar
Chance M. May 21, 2016 837 views

Is a bachelor's degree from an art institute respected as much in the industry as one from a traditional four-year university?

I am interested in studying cinematography and think I will be better prepared if I attend a major specific institute where all classes are related to what I want to learn. It's not my desire to study unrelated subjects to my major just to fill the curriculum for degree requirements. #teaching...

#arts #colleges #cinema #acting #degree #majors #film

Gabriela C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. May 17, 2016 719 views

What is the best way to involve yourself in the world of cinematography?

The field of film is one with many hardships and competition, which is why I would like to know what is the real way aside from having your own talent and creativity to actually immerse yourself inside this hard and complex world. #film #entertainment #television #cinematography #cinema...

#competition

Gabriela C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. May 17, 2016 735 views

When can I start to apply for internships inside the Film Studies field?

This question is because there are many internships for film majors but some of them ask for certain experience or will be admitted once the applicant had completed at least half of its bachelor. Is this the case for every internship or most of them? #film #internship #studies #cinematography...

#cinema #films #film-studies