Career Questions tagged Media Production

Rebecca G.’s Avatar
Rebecca G. Apr 07 204 views

What is the difference between a marketing and ad agency?

I'm wondering how they are differentiated. Also, are there some that perform both marketing and ad wrap-around? What is most common? Thank you! marketing advertising ad-agency marketing-agency media media-production...

social-media

Mahri V.’s Avatar
Mahri V. Dec 08, 2020 201 views

Does a degree in media production mean that you only work for news channels?

I am a video producer at my school's Multimedia Team. Iḿ looking to go to school at Colorado University's College of Media Communications and Information. media-production media broadcast-media entertainment...

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 505 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

writer film editing arts film-editing director film-acting design film-production career media-production english filmdirector

Jazmine K.’s Avatar
Jazmine K. Jan 10, 2018 472 views

What are some tips and suggestions to becoming a professional Photographer or Videographer?

I am a junior in high school and ever since I was little I had been interested in Photography and Videography (Probably because I grew up in a family of Photographers). Though I had been trying to get more and more into these two subjects because I usually like being able to capture the...

photography videography digital-photography job-skills photojournalism video-production media-production video

Jack D.’s Avatar
Jack D. Nov 06, 2017 617 views

How can I be a funny YouTuber and is it worth it

the reason I'm asking is because I want to be a YouTuber and half of my fanbase will be on what type of commentary I will use like have a serious or funny approach and I want to be the best I can . youtuber social-media content-creation media-production...

online-media

Khwezi M.’s Avatar
Khwezi M. Jan 12, 2017 717 views

Hi . I am really concerned about my future at the moment. I have always wanted to do something in the Communication Science/Media field but I have learnt that it's contaminated right now. I'm confused. I am thinking of doing something in Law.

I'm asking because I don't know what to do . I need to know ASAP because I'm choosing subjects at school and I'm really confused. I'm bad at math but I'm sticking with pure math because I believe it opens more doors in University so I'll try it but I'm scared . I'm a very good speaker and a...

law marketing communications teaching media-production media real-estate law-enforcement

Katie L.’s Avatar
Katie L. Aug 15, 2016 751 views

What recommendations do you have for high school students to start preparing for a career in media production?

I would really like to be in media production (TV or internet!) when I grow up. How did you get to where you are? I'm always told that I should start preparing for my future now while in high school so any advice about that would help me a lot! media-production...

tv-production

Rob J.’s Avatar
Rob J. Aug 12, 2016 779 views

How did you stand out when applying to work in TV production?

I'm thinking about this career and wondering what it would take to get there. What did you do to stand out when you applied to work in TV production? Is it competitive? What exactly are they looking for? Ideally I want to work in sports but I understand that I may need to work wherever the job...

media-production sports broadcast-media television-production

Rob J.’s Avatar
Rob J. Aug 12, 2016 723 views

What does an average day in the life look like for a T.V. production person?

I play and watch pro football, and think it would be really cool to work in TV production for sports shows when I grow up. I'm only in high school though, so I have time. I'm wondering what your days look like in TV production. Is it stressful? How many hours do you work each day? What kind of...

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Aug 12, 2016 3023 views

What do you love most about your job in broadcast media?

I have always been interested in a career in broadcast media. I find the industry so exciting! I'm planning on going to school for broadcast media, but as of now i'm open to what exactly I do. I would like to know what you do in broadcast media and what like most about your job to help me get a...

sports broadcast-media entertainment media media-production

Emma-ly S.’s Avatar
Emma-ly S. Mar 24, 2015 4053 views

What is a typical day for a Media producer?

I want to go into film or television production and I would like to know of the challenges and satisfactorily within the day in the life of a film or television producer. film television media producer...

media-production

Abby  A.’s Avatar
Abby A. Apr 09, 2015 4385 views

What the difference between media production and graphic design?

I'm a 10th grader, and I love to draw and paint. I know I want to work in a type of design medium but I don't know what. I want to work at BET or Empire. I also love music, and create album covers. I was thinking about graphic design but I'm unsure if they are the same thing. I want to work...

graphic-design production media-production media graphic-designer