Career Questions tagged Editing

Kiana’s Avatar
Kiana Jul 05 121 views

I'm an editor and I want to share my edits online but sometimes I don't have the motivation or time to do so. What should I do?

How to keep myself motivated?

Kiana’s Avatar
Kiana Jun 30 159 views

What ways can I promote my edits/videos on social media?

I sometimes post them on tiktok or Instagram but I get tired and loss motivation to continue. Any one can answer.

Jack’s Avatar
Jack May 06 183 views

I looking to be a film and video editor

I have 5 questions about this job

1. What is the best place to start practicing
2. What are some programs to have/avoid
3. Wat are good schools to go to
4. What is the best way to practice
5. What is your favorite part of the job

Computer’s Avatar
Computer May 03 179 views

How much time do you have to work while being a film and video editor.

Please answer.

Computer’s Avatar
Computer May 03 144 views

Are you able to make friends while being a film and video editor

This is a very important question and a answer would be greatly appreciated.

Computer’s Avatar
Computer May 03 158 views

Are you able to make lots of money by being a film and video editor.

Please elaborate on the question.

Computer’s Avatar
Computer May 03 160 views

What is your favorite project you have completed while being a film and video editor.

I am researching this career.

Computer’s Avatar
Computer May 03 152 views

What is your favorite part of being a film and video editor.

You can elaborate on the question.

jack’s Avatar
jack Apr 26 271 views

I want to begin learning how to edit film and videos, so whats the best way to start

I want to know:

- What's the best way to start
- How should I practice
- How important is learning sound editing
- What are good skills to have
-What tools are most beneficial

Andres’s Avatar
Andres Dec 01, 2021 254 views

What should you major in if you are interested in being a video editor ?

#college-major #major #video-editor #editing

XinYi’s Avatar
XinYi Nov 30, 2021 222 views

what careers is involved with business and editing?

#career #business #entrepreneur #editing

malcolm’s Avatar
malcolm Nov 22, 2021 180 views

What are good editing soft wares for streamer/content creators who have just started out, and what should they try to get later on?

I want to become a gaming content creator but i'm not really sure what are good editing soft wares since I just started out and I also want to know what I should get later on #technology #streaming #editing

bryce’s Avatar
bryce Nov 15, 2021 232 views

What's a good career for a editor

16 yr old editor #editing #editor #social-work

Andres’s Avatar
Andres Nov 08, 2021 264 views

What should you major in if you are interested in video editing and graphic design.

#graphic-designer #graphic-design #video-editing #editing

Maggie’s Avatar
Maggie Sep 28, 2021 188 views

As a student that’s interested in video editing, has any one done transition editing as their job? If so what do you make transitions on? Do you add it on songs or videos?

#editing #editor #videoeditor

Maggie’s Avatar
Maggie Sep 28, 2021 156 views

Hi I’m a student that’s a bit interested in video editing especially transition editing, is there any jobs that revolve around transition editing?

A student
#student #editing

Lauryn’s Avatar
Lauryn Sep 18, 2021 297 views

As an aspiring film editor, how do I build my portfolio so people actually know that I can edit?

#film #editing #cinema #portfolio #videos #projects #filmediting #television

Sy'rai’s Avatar
Sy'rai Jun 16, 2021 269 views

what are some possible career's that involve editing (with adobe after effects)

I've been editing for fun for over 3 years and I wanted to see if there are any side hustles that I can do in the future? #college #editing #adobe #ae #aftereffects

Elise’s Avatar
Elise Feb 25, 2021 273 views

What do I use to edit my videos?/How do I learn to edit better?

I am 11 so I am not the best at video editing and I have no idea what to use. Btw I will be on a laptop/monitor.
#software #programming #editing

Dalton’s Avatar
Dalton Feb 11, 2021 249 views

How do I pick a major for my future carrer

I'm a sophomore in high school and I enjoy editing and film making I'm not sure what to major in though #college-major #high-school #carrer #film #editing

Ray’s Avatar
Ray Oct 10, 2020 348 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

Zeporian’s Avatar
Zeporian Sep 04, 2020 636 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

Amanda’s Avatar
Amanda Jul 17, 2020 382 views

What professions combine an interest in English and Environmental Studies?

I'm slightly more passionate about English than Environmental Studies because I'm not into STEM-heavy subjects and would prefer to not take STEM classes, so on the ES side I'd prefer something related to Environmental Studies instead of Environmental Science. I enjoy the sustainability part of...

Arhe’s Avatar
Arhe Jun 29, 2020 1073 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

sumana’s Avatar
sumana May 30, 2020 446 views

I want to have a my career in filmmaking field. I'm 18 yo, uncertain about what to do in future. I want to start learning about dop, writing, editing and direction. Whats the best way for me to start?

I just turned 18 and I'm so so passionate about films. I don't have unrealistic expectations of being a star director or so. I just want to be a part of filmmaking process. #film #college #art #career #careeradvice #filmmaking #editing #direction #cinematography #dop #screenplay #creativewriting

Lyzzie’s Avatar
Lyzzie Apr 22, 2020 476 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing #YA

Roger’s Avatar
Roger Apr 13, 2020 509 views

I want to have a job using computers, but i don't know of any jobs out there that interest me.

I'm not good at coding and editing code definitely ain't happening, I wouldn't even know where to start. I do however love to make videos, even though what I know about editing videos is minimal at the moment I want to do more. I also love making powerpoints that look amazing. #computer #videos...

Ray’s Avatar
Ray Feb 09, 2020 694 views

What personality traits make successful editors and publishers?

I'm a brutally honest person. A lot of people don't like that but I have a feeling it will come in handy in a career in editing or publishing.
#editing #publishing

Ray’s Avatar
Ray Feb 09, 2020 879 views

How much do editors and publishers have to travel?

And do you ever get to work from home?
#editing #publishing

Ray’s Avatar
Ray Jan 03, 2020 482 views

What is your favorite type of writing to edit?

And why is it your favorite?
#editing #publishing #writing