Career Questions tagged Editing

Jack M.’s Avatar
Jack M. May 06 97 views

I looking to be a film and video editor

I have 5 questions about this job

1. What is the best place to start practicing
2. What are some programs to have/avoid
3. Wat are good schools to go to
4. What is the best way to practice
5. What is your favorite part of the job

Computer 2.’s Avatar
Computer 2. May 03 77 views
jack M.’s Avatar
jack M. Apr 26 114 views

I want to begin learning how to edit film and videos, so whats the best way to start

I want to know:

- What's the best way to start
- How should I practice
- How important is learning sound editing
- What are good skills to have
-What tools are most beneficial

malcolm S.’s Avatar
malcolm S. Nov 22, 2021 149 views

What are good editing soft wares for streamer/content creators who have just started out, and what should they try to get later on?

I want to become a gaming content creator but i'm not really sure what are good editing soft wares since I just started out and I also want to know what I should get later on #technology #streaming #editing

bryce H.’s Avatar
bryce H. Nov 15, 2021 187 views
Sy'rai C.’s Avatar
Sy'rai C. Jun 16, 2021 213 views

what are some possible career's that involve editing (with adobe after effects)

I've been editing for fun for over 3 years and I wanted to see if there are any side hustles that I can do in the future? #college #editing #adobe #ae #aftereffects

Elise J.’s Avatar
Elise J. Feb 25, 2021 248 views

What do I use to edit my videos?/How do I learn to edit better?

I am 11 so I am not the best at video editing and I have no idea what to use. Btw I will be on a laptop/monitor.
#software #programming #editing

Dalton J.’s Avatar
Dalton J. Feb 11, 2021 217 views

How do I pick a major for my future carrer

I'm a sophomore in high school and I enjoy editing and film making I'm not sure what to major in though #college-major #high-school #carrer #film #editing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10, 2020 300 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 584 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 17, 2020 337 views

What professions combine an interest in English and Environmental Studies?

I'm slightly more passionate about English than Environmental Studies because I'm not into STEM-heavy subjects and would prefer to not take STEM classes, so on the ES side I'd prefer something related to Environmental Studies instead of Environmental Science. I enjoy the sustainability part of...

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 937 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

sumana V.’s Avatar
sumana V. May 30, 2020 417 views

I want to have a my career in filmmaking field. I'm 18 yo, uncertain about what to do in future. I want to start learning about dop, writing, editing and direction. Whats the best way for me to start?

I just turned 18 and I'm so so passionate about films. I don't have unrealistic expectations of being a star director or so. I just want to be a part of filmmaking process. #film #college #art #career #careeradvice #filmmaking #editing #direction #cinematography #dop #screenplay #creativewriting

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22, 2020 417 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing #YA

Roger P.’s Avatar
Roger P. Apr 13, 2020 464 views

I want to have a job using computers, but i don't know of any jobs out there that interest me.

I'm not good at coding and editing code definitely ain't happening, I wouldn't even know where to start. I do however love to make videos, even though what I know about editing videos is minimal at the moment I want to do more. I also love making powerpoints that look amazing. #computer #videos...

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Feb 09, 2020 588 views

What personality traits make successful editors and publishers?

I'm a brutally honest person. A lot of people don't like that but I have a feeling it will come in handy in a career in editing or publishing.
#editing #publishing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Feb 09, 2020 710 views

How much do editors and publishers have to travel?

And do you ever get to work from home?
#editing #publishing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jan 03, 2020 428 views
Madelyn D.’s Avatar
Madelyn D. Nov 14, 2019 349 views

What career fits with my interests?

Hi, i’m in 11th grade. One of my main interests is computer editing. I enjoy video editing with adobe after effects and making 3D objects with Element 3D. I like using my mind to make up new transitions. I also enjoy math and I like technology overall. #technology #career #editing