Career Questions tagged Editing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10 54 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

#childrensbooks #books #writing #editing #selfpublish #publishing

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 193 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#filmdirector #arts #film-editing #editing #film-acting #film #director #writer #film-production #media-production #career #english #design

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 17 80 views

What professions combine an interest in English and Environmental Studies?

I'm slightly more passionate about English than Environmental Studies because I'm not into STEM-heavy subjects and would prefer to not take STEM classes, so on the ES side I'd prefer something related to Environmental Studies instead of Environmental Science. I enjoy the sustainability part of...

#environmentalstudies #english-grammar #editor #environmentalscience #sustainability #editing #english

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 155 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#author #college #writing #editing #copywriting #journalism #creative-writing #writer

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22 167 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing...

#ya

Roger P.’s Avatar
Roger P. Apr 13 178 views

I want to have a job using computers, but i don't know of any jobs out there that interest me.

I'm not good at coding and editing code definitely ain't happening, I wouldn't even know where to start. I do however love to make videos, even though what I know about editing videos is minimal at the moment I want to do more. I also love making powerpoints that look amazing. #computer #videos...

#editing #powerpoint #obs

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Feb 09 154 views

What personality traits make successful editors and publishers?

I'm a brutally honest person. A lot of people don't like that but I have a feeling it will come in handy in a career in editing or publishing. #editing...

#publishing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Feb 09 134 views

How much do editors and publishers have to travel?

And do you ever get to work from home? #editing...

#publishing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jan 03 208 views

What is your favorite type of writing to edit?

And why is it your favorite? #editing #publishing...

#writing

Madelyn D.’s Avatar
Madelyn D. Nov 14, 2019 143 views

What career fits with my interests?

Hi, i’m in 11th grade. One of my main interests is computer editing. I enjoy video editing with adobe after effects and making 3D objects with Element 3D. I like using my mind to make up new transitions. I also enjoy math and I like technology overall. #technology #career...

#editing

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 191 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 343 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-path #college #writing #career-choice #career-counseling #advice #following-your-passions #creative-writing #student-advice #career-planning #work-life-balance #publishing #writing-and-editing #career-help #job #work #editing #student #journalism #help #technical-writing #career-advice #career

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 403 views

What are some worthwhile minors to pair with communications?

I would like to go into editing, and I am interested in something technical as a minor, potentially applied math or computer sciences. However, I simply have no idea as to whether either will be useful in my field of choice. #minors #communications #publishing #career #editor...

#editing

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 248 views

Which universities do major publishing houses recruit from?

Alternately, in what states/regions (besides New York) do publishing houses have a strong presence? In exploring my college options, I either want to set myself up to be at the 'right school' or in a prime location to seek employment as an editor. #publishing #college #recruitment #recruit...

#editing #editor

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Jan 16, 2018 294 views

Best Way to Become an Editor?

I want to be a novel editor, but my family thinks it's too wild of a career goal and I'll be a "starving artist" simply because I want an English degree. With a major in English and a minor in creative writing, is that a good choice to help me land a job in a publishing company? And does it...

#writing-and-editing #editing #editor

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Feb 13, 2018 398 views

How can I volunteer with writing?

Hey guys, So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write? #volunteering #professional-writing #writing #editing #nonprofits...

#nonprofit-marketing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 454 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#writing-and-editing #novels #copy-editing #content-editing #books #content-editor #writing #editing #book #novel #copy-editor #editor #publishing

Mary R.’s Avatar
Mary R. Jan 22, 2018 288 views

What is involved in becoming a freelance editor?

I love writing, and I enjoy helping others make their writing better as well, so when I heard a talk on freelance editing, I thought "This sounds like something I could do!" However, although I feel confident that I could do the actual editing part, I don't know much about how I would get...

#writing-and-editing #writing #editing #freelance

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 432 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

#writing-and-editing #novels #books #author #writing #editing #creative-writing #editor #writer #writers #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 435 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#writing-and-editing #novels #publishing-company #copy-editing #novel-writing #books #writing #editing #internships #interns #creative-writing #internship #editor #publishing

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Sep 01, 2017 312 views

How much does a editor make?

I was just wondering how much a editor makes a year? #thank you #editor...

#editing

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 539 views

What is the best way to get into the publishing industry?

I would love to eventually be an editor, but I don't know how to get my foot in the door! #editing #writing-and-editing...

#publishing

Neimad W.’s Avatar
Neimad W. Sep 01, 2017 378 views

What type of equipment is best for film and audio editing?

I'm a high school senior looking into this career and want to pursue this career #film #editing...

#audio

Neimad W.’s Avatar
Neimad W. Sep 01, 2017 277 views

What type of schedule does a film and audio editor have?

I'm asking this question to help pursue a career in this field #film #audio...

#editing

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016 4470 views

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 10, 2017 570 views

How to manage money while in college?

I'm a college student and I find myself running out of money frequently. I try to stay on a budget, but sometimes I need to go over it. Do you have any tips in how to manage money in a small budget? #student-loans #editing #video-editing #post-production #motion-pictures...

#budgets

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 702 views

How to manage time?

I currently studying Motion Picture Arts and I barely get to sleep because of my homework, I also daily vlog (it's like a video diary) and I also do weekly videos on youtube, I'm very invested in everything I do, but I don't get much free time. My sister tells me to stop at least daily...

#vlog #video-editing #post-production #youtube #editing #time-management #video-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 779 views

What languages should I learn next?

I'm aware that knowing more than one language can get you unique opportunities, my mother language is Portuguese and I also speak English. I was wondering what language should I learn now. I thought about French since I'm living in Canada, but German is another language that people say it's...

#language #post-production #film-production #international #german #foreign-languages #editing