Career Questions tagged Editing

Jack L.’s Avatar
Jack L. Nov 26 16 views

Does anyone want to film for youtube?

hi, I'm jack and I started a youtube channel. I need some editors and actors for some comedy videos! Also, I'm from hong kong so if anyone is from hong kong and would like to make some videos with me. Very appreciated #acting #comedy...

#editing

Madelyn D.’s Avatar
Madelyn D. Nov 14 39 views

What career fits with my interests?

Hi, i’m in 11th grade. One of my main interests is computer editing. I enjoy video editing with adobe after effects and making 3D objects with Element 3D. I like using my mind to make up new transitions. I also enjoy math and I like technology overall. #technology #career...

#editing

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 113 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 198 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-path #career #writing-and-editing #job #student #creative-writing #help #career-planning #student-advice #work #college #technical-writing #career-advice #journalism #editing #advice #career-help #publishing #writing #following-your-passions #career-counseling #career-choice #work-life-balance

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 257 views

What are some worthwhile minors to pair with communications?

I would like to go into editing, and I am interested in something technical as a minor, potentially applied math or computer sciences. However, I simply have no idea as to whether either will be useful in my field of choice. #minors #communications #publishing #career #editor...

#editing

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 170 views

Which universities do major publishing houses recruit from?

Alternately, in what states/regions (besides New York) do publishing houses have a strong presence? In exploring my college options, I either want to set myself up to be at the 'right school' or in a prime location to seek employment as an editor. #publishing #college #recruitment #recruit...

#editor #editing

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Jan 16, 2018 217 views

Best Way to Become an Editor?

I want to be a novel editor, but my family thinks it's too wild of a career goal and I'll be a "starving artist" simply because I want an English degree. With a major in English and a minor in creative writing, is that a good choice to help me land a job in a publishing company? And does it...

#writing-and-editing #editor #editing

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Feb 13, 2018 302 views

How can I volunteer with writing?

Hey guys, So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write? #volunteering #professional-writing #writing #editing #nonprofits...

#nonprofit-marketing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 362 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#content-editing #editor #editing #novels #writing-and-editing #copy-editing #books #copy-editor #content-editor #publishing #book #writing #novel

Mary R.’s Avatar
Mary R. Jan 22, 2018 211 views

What is involved in becoming a freelance editor?

I love writing, and I enjoy helping others make their writing better as well, so when I heard a talk on freelance editing, I thought "This sounds like something I could do!" However, although I feel confident that I could do the actual editing part, I don't know much about how I would get...

#freelance #writing #writing-and-editing #editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 312 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

#editor #editing #novels #writing-and-editing #writers #author #books #writer #creative-writing #publishing #writing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 325 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#editor #internship #editing #novels #writing-and-editing #copy-editing #books #novel-writing #creative-writing #publishing #writing #interns #internships #publishing-company

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Sep 01, 2017 265 views

How much does a editor make?

I was just wondering how much a editor makes a year? #thank you #editor...

#editing

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 403 views

What is the best way to get into the publishing industry?

I would love to eventually be an editor, but I don't know how to get my foot in the door! #editing #writing-and-editing...

#publishing

Neimad W.’s Avatar
Neimad W. Sep 01, 2017 315 views

What type of equipment is best for film and audio editing?

I'm a high school senior looking into this career and want to pursue this career #film #editing...

#audio

Neimad W.’s Avatar
Neimad W. Sep 01, 2017 218 views

What type of schedule does a film and audio editor have?

I'm asking this question to help pursue a career in this field #film #audio...

#editing

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016 3155 views

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 10, 2017 499 views

How to manage money while in college?

I'm a college student and I find myself running out of money frequently. I try to stay on a budget, but sometimes I need to go over it. Do you have any tips in how to manage money in a small budget? #student-loans #editing #video-editing #post-production #motion-pictures...

#budgets

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 606 views

How to manage time?

I currently studying Motion Picture Arts and I barely get to sleep because of my homework, I also daily vlog (it's like a video diary) and I also do weekly videos on youtube, I'm very invested in everything I do, but I don't get much free time. My sister tells me to stop at least daily...

#vlog #editing #video-editing #video-production #time-management #post-production #youtube

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 669 views

What languages should I learn next?

I'm aware that knowing more than one language can get you unique opportunities, my mother language is Portuguese and I also speak English. I was wondering what language should I learn now. I thought about French since I'm living in Canada, but German is another language that people say it's...

#foreign-languages #film-production #editing #german #post-production #international #language

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 537 views

How many softwares should I get familiar with?

I'm still in university and I plan on working in Post Production, I'm currently familiar working with Avid and Premiere Pro are there any other software that I should learn while I'm still studying? #computer-software #software #film-production #editing #video-editing #post-production...

#short-films

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 485 views

Is it harder to get jobs being international?

I moved to Canada to study and I plan on working here, but I'm originally from Brazil. I know that Canada is very accepting, but I was wondering if there are any problems with getting a job being international. #international #film-production #editing #video-editing...

#audio-post-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 07, 2017 648 views

What is a good entry level job in Post-Production?

I'm a film student interested in editing and I wanted to get a summer job. Most people say that 1st Assistant Editor is an entry level job, but it actually requires a lot of skill to be the 1st assistant and still being on my first at university I don't think I'm ready for such responsibility....

#film-production #editing #film #video-editing #summer-jobs #post-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 06, 2017 620 views

What is the best way to follow up someone after an event?

I recently went to a networking event and I met a lot of people and I wanted to keep in contact with them. Should I e-mail all of them or just the ones that I had longer conversations with? And how should I approach them with the follow-up e-mail? #film #networking #film-production #editing...

#sound-mixing #post-production #sound-editing #video-editing

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 05, 2017 524 views

What is the key to "succeed" in networking event?

I have just registered for a networking event (more specifically a Vancouver Post Alliance Event) and although I had classes about how to behave in a networking event, I wanted to know how can you meet someone in such a short period of time people and actually create a connection with them....

#film-production #editing #video-editing #video-production #post-production #networking

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 04, 2017 512 views

What is the harderst part about getting a job after college?

Next year I'm graduating and I'm really scared about getting out there and actually finding a job. Although I feel like I had enough preparation to go out there I still feel scared. Do you have any tips about starting a career and what is the hardest part about getting out there in the 'real...

#iatse-891 #film-production #editing #short-films #post-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 03, 2017 566 views

How to get work expirience in my area of study while I'm still studying?

Hi, I'm a Motion Picture Arts student, I want to pursue a career in editing, I have no experience in this area beside from university and my own projects. My plan is to try to have a membership at IATSE 891, to do that I have to first become a Permittee. Last week I went to a career fair at my...

#iatse-891 #motion-pictures #editing #film-production #film-editing #video-editing #post-production

Myan N.’s Avatar
Myan N. Oct 20, 2016 622 views

What career would be right for me?

I am in college but is still indecisive since I'm currently doing pre-nursing but my interests are more about aesthetics in art, photography, and photo editing or something around that. As you see those things don't match up. What career would be good for me? P.S I don't want to be a graduate...

#photography #aesthetics #career #editing #art #digital-photography #college #graphic-design

Ayanna A.’s Avatar
Ayanna A. Aug 19, 2016 643 views

If you've ever doubted your ability to do great in your dream career, does that mean that you're not cut out for it or is that completely normal?

I had a bad experience with a terrible former employer who used to belittle me and downplay my work ethic. After that experience, I spent a month reflecting, wondering if I was indeed bad at my job. While I no longer believe the awful things she said to me, sometimes I look back and wonder if...

#journalism #editing #writing #communications #internships #public-relations