Career Questions tagged Movies

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

#production #cinematography

North mesquite S.’s Avatar
North mesquite S. May 31, 2018

Being a female of diverse ethics is it possible for me to become a film director.

The challenges Criticism Being able to publish my film #film...

#movies

Israel L.’s Avatar
Israel L. Jan 13, 2018

What skills do you learn in Film Studies that can help find a career in the television business?

I am 18 years old and I ask this question because I am interested in the movie and television business. My dream is working in FOX, ABC, or NBC. I thought I should take Theater , however I am more on screen shows and movies. #movies #film #communications...

#media

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018

What field to study to make movies?

I'd like to write and direct #movies but I don't think I'm going to go to film school, I think I can study it online and by books, but I do wanna study in college because I am interested in human psychology and culture, so I was wondering what major is best to get to know humans and how they...

#screenwriting

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017

How do you become a director?

August S.’s Avatar
August S. Oct 12, 2017

I like writing, filming, critiquing and writing reviews on movies, what job should I pursue?

I love writing stories and making videos. I love watching movies and reviewing them. I want to pursue something that allows me to work with movies but I've never taken an official film course in high school and will be starting college next year. What are some careers I can look at? I don't...

#film #film-making #motion-pictures-and-film #film-production #college #movie-production #movies #writing

Guillermo C.’s Avatar
Guillermo C. Oct 01, 2017

When did you know you wanted to become a screenwriter?

I have been thinking about becoming a screenwriter for some time. I love the idea of telling stories and educating the general public. #movies...

#screenwriting

Zach H.’s Avatar
Zach H. Sep 27, 2017

How do I start my own company with out going into debt and struggling financially?

I want to run my own coding/ movie company. I want to write, direct, and code for the rest of my life. Starting a company is scary considering all the competition and fear of banckrupcy. #technology #computer...

#movies

Alexander G.’s Avatar
Alexander G. Sep 02, 2017

What is recommended for a Cinema Arts major?

I am most likely going to college for Cinema Arts and I wanted to know if there is anything I need besides a resume of videos or scripts. I also wanted to know what jobs a Cinema Arts major might easily get....

#movies

Campanella W.’s Avatar
Campanella W. Sep 01, 2017

What is the first step you should take when just finishing a major in theater?

I am a theater major, and i am looking for guidance as far as what to do when i finish my degree. If there is anyone with an acting degree please, inform me. Thank-You. #acting #theater #film #movies...

#performing-arts

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Kayla N.’s Avatar
Kayla N. Jul 07, 2017

Best career for someone who loves the film industry but doesn't want to be involved in directly making the movies?

I absolutely love all things movies! I think the industry is very interesting but I also know its hard to get into to. Im not particularly interested in being a director,producer etc. I just want a career that will get me close to the work that goes on behind the scenes helping to put these...

#film #movies #career-details

Mohanned A.’s Avatar
Mohanned A. Jul 08, 2017

I graduated high-school and I am confused which major should i enter

My high school GPA is high and throughout the year, I planned to go into engineering because of my grades in math and physics. But after I graduated, I found my interest in #moviesproduction, #digitalanimation, #gameandinteractivemediadesign, and all the subjects regarding #movies, #media and...

#fame

prasanth R.’s Avatar
prasanth R. May 25, 2016

how can i become cinema director?

i am studying 12th arts & computer science i become a film direction #higher-education #film #movies...

#cinema

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016

Graduate School: Is it worthwhile when going into the Film making Industry?

For some industries, graduate school is more important that others. I may consider taking a graduate program over the years once I finish undergraduate school. However, after undergraduate school what's the best route? #film #entertainment #film-production #movies #cinematography...

#film-editing

Hussain G.’s Avatar
Hussain G. Jun 25, 2016

If I want to become a tele presenter, what courses should I opt for?

I want to become a Tele presenter. #acting #actor #television #movies #presentations...

#improv-acting

Michaela C.’s Avatar
Michaela C. Jun 11, 2016

How can someone get started in comedy and acting?

I want to know what a person needs to do to become a comedian or an actor. #movies #comedy...

#televison

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 28, 2016

How's the job outlook for an actor?

There's always a bunch of up and coming actors in Hollywood and Broadway, but realistically how does a job look for an actor? #acting #film-acting #actors...

#movies

Kamryn M.’s Avatar
Kamryn M. May 13, 2016

What types of class would you recommend taking to become a film director? Would you suggest traveling abroad for a semester?

I would like to know what classes to take to better my college experience and give me the best opportunities and skills to be a successful film director. #business #art #film #travel #classes...

#movies

Kamryn M.’s Avatar
Kamryn M. May 13, 2016

How easy is it to break into the film industry as one a female and two an Asian?

I am currently on the track of being a film student, and when I graduate I would like to get a job working for a film industry. However I would like to know hard much of a challenge it will be. #art #film #movies #cinematography #camera...

#business-art

Ziquilla G.’s Avatar
Ziquilla G. May 04, 2016

Is being a director as fun as being in the production.?

Is being a director fun? #photography...

#movies

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Nov 21, 2015

Can I pursue two careers at once?

Ever since I was little my life has been about two things Medicine and movies. They are my passions. Movies and medicine are all that I know. I want to learn how to become a surgeon. What do I do? Can I pursue two careers at once? I also want to direct movies. I can't decide between the two....

#film #doctor #movies #director #surgeon

Carlos  A.’s Avatar
Carlos A. Apr 07, 2014

how hard is it to find a job as a writer?

I am interested in creative writing but i would also like to have a stable job in this economy. #movies #comic-books...

#tv-series

Sienna R.’s Avatar
Sienna R. Mar 05, 2014

What do recommend I do first in order to become an actress?

I am a junior in highschool and being an actress has always been one of my dreams. I love to act and it has always been one of my passions that I am considering to pursue. #acting #actress...

#movies

Vanessa M.’s Avatar
Vanessa M. Feb 14, 2014

What jobs can I get into in the movie industry if I don't want to be an actress?

Hello! I love movies, and I want to be part of making movies, but I don't want to be an actress. What kind of jobs should I look into, and how can I get started? Thank you very much for your advice - it'll really help me figure out how to get started! #acting #movies...

#hollywood