Career Questions tagged Music

Music can be produced, written, performed, and taught. Music degrees are offered at most colleges. Careers include music teacher, game designer, therapist, and a lot more. For more information,...

Ava D.’s Avatar
Ava D. 2 days ago 15 views

What does a day in the life of a music industry professional look like?

I am a high school senior and I'm interested in pursuing a career in the music industry. Thanks! #music-industry #music #music-business...

#musiccareers

Ava D.’s Avatar
Ava D. 2 days ago 26 views

How do I go about making connections with industry professionals?

I am a high school senior and I'm interested in pursuing a career in the music industry. Thanks! #music #music-industry #musiccareers...

#music-business

Hjelle P.’s Avatar
Hjelle P. Jan 15 25 views

What kind of methods do music therapists use in music therapy?

I'm researching music therapy and am curious about how it is used and what sorts of methods music therapists use. #musictherapy #music #therapy...

#healthcare

Ava D.’s Avatar
Ava D. Jan 11 88 views

How did you get started in the industry? Like how did you find internships and connections?

I'm looking at pursuing a career in the business side of the music industry. #music #music-industry #music-management...

#marketing

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 61 views

What is it like to be a music minor?

I’m not sure how common this is, but I would like to minor in music. This is primarily for my own enjoyment and to take advantage of my time in college for structured growth in a hobby I love. What classes and assignments do you get? What is a typically day or week like? #givingiscaring #music...

#college #minor

jeffrey G.’s Avatar
jeffrey G. Nov 13, 2020 48 views
kameron W.’s Avatar
kameron W. Nov 13, 2020 51 views

What school do you think is good

I play sports and I can rap...

#music

Elias K.’s Avatar
Elias K. Nov 05, 2020 70 views

What's a good career choice

I'm a person who likes listening to music....

#music

Heather G.’s Avatar
Heather G. Oct 19, 2020 58 views

What’s the hardest part of being a psychologist

Do you get 2nd hand trauma? Do you get to pick what kind of issues you get to deal with?...

#music

jayla ..’s Avatar
jayla .. Oct 15, 2020 79 views

am i cut out for music?

I love music and i have always loved music since I was a little girl. So I joined the band in the 6th grade and enjoyed it until now. Now it's so technical which i'm not used too. For these past few years in concert band i have been naturally flowing with the music without sub-dividing rhythms...

#music-performance #music-industry #vocalist #music #musician

Riley T.’s Avatar
Riley T. Oct 01, 2020 101 views

What can I do as a middle schooler (almost high schooler) who wants to be a band director?

I am a middle schooler going into high school soon. I would greatly appreciate advice on band directing and teaching music. Also, a few fun facts : I play flute currently, and one day I would like to learn violin....

#music

Chase B.’s Avatar
Chase B. Sep 29, 2020 94 views

Best first job for somebody with no volunteering experience?

I am 16 years old, I am a junior in highschool, and I'm trying to find a first job. I love making music. Everything about it is just incredibly alluring to me, I love playing instruments, writing instruments, and learning songs as well as writing them. Are there any jobs I could go into for...

#music #first-job #musician #jobs

Michael W.’s Avatar
Michael W. Sep 18, 2020 67 views

What are the achievements I have to college?

I love making music. My dreams is to be a rapper....

#music

Lane O.’s Avatar
Lane O. Sep 16, 2020 107 views

What careers could I do that apply with music production and using technology to help me?

Hello my name is Lane I have always liked music and technology and I am wondering where I could get started in the work field for the topics of music and music production and using tech to help me do my job. #music #music-production...

#tech

Emily A.’s Avatar
Emily A. Sep 12, 2020 82 views

Looking for a guitar tech, band manager, etc, job opportunity near me that doesn't involve too much lifting or standing/walking. Help?

I'm physically disabled and can't lift or stand/walk too much. I also don't have a degree or much job experience other than an office. I'm an amateur songwriter though and literally looking for anything that will expose me to music. Paid or unpaid is fine as long as there's an opportunity to...

#music #jobs

Ka'Mari R.’s Avatar
Ka'Mari R. Sep 04, 2020 145 views
Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 16, 2020 169 views

Should I double major in music and microbiology?

I'm a rising senior and I am thinking about becoming a physician assistant. I have been playing french horn since 6th grade and also have a big interest in medicine. The problem is that I am not sure if I should double major in music and mcb or just microbiology. I want to have enough time...

#july20 #physician #music #physicianassistant #healthcare #college-major #medicine #doublemajor

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. Jul 26, 2020 245 views

I wanted to start a music career but not sure if I should continue right now

#career-counseling #career-development #career-path #music #asian I’m from Hong Kong and I want to study undergraduate program in US. Preparing for Toefl and DSE right now. I like music and wanted to make it as my career, but other than that I also want to study one extra subject in college....

#music-industry

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20, 2020 264 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#help #graphicdesign #profitable #arts #career-choice #starvingartist #music #architecture #stuck #decisions #psychology #career #confused #money

Huraima R.’s Avatar
Huraima R. Jul 09, 2020 163 views

Is it okay to be a doctor and also a singer or to do sound engineering and singing?

I am from that part of a world where girls are not allowed to join outdoor activity and I am also a muslim I didn't t like my society that much and their perspective I have like another perspective from my whole family and society . They say that you should do doctoring but I want to do singing...

#music #high-school #student

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jun 05, 2020 191 views

I am planning to be an Acoustic Engineer in the future, so I can use both of my music, math, and science skills. What is/are the best major(s) for this field?

I am a rising junior and as of now, I am planning to major in Physics in college. I am wondering if this would be good for the career. #career #science #engineering #music...

#math

Ishmeal D.’s Avatar
Ishmeal D. Jun 02, 2020 188 views

How can I be a musician?

I also love music and sometimes i just wished that i'd put all my real life experiences into a song which the world can listen to and i believe that many people can relate and be courageous.I love #photography and...

#music

Jennifer P.’s Avatar
Jennifer P. May 30, 2020 147 views

1) If you do something you love for a living, like writing or playing you r instrument, do you ever get sick of what you love? Does it become a chore rather than a hobby? 2) As an English teacher, what are some hardships you had to face in your career?

I am a future English teacher for secondary education! I have a unique case, I am also majoring in Music at the same. I am an avid piano player and an English book nerd....

#music

Marie H.’s Avatar
Marie H. May 29, 2020 320 views

Could I make my passion my career?

Ok so I am currently 16 and I have always loved music and had a secret dream become a singer but only to preform, not to become famous or anything. Anyways over the years my thoughts about music have been taken over by school but when I was 14 I discovered Broadway, and my passion is stronger...

#music #career #art #future

Andrew B.’s Avatar
Andrew B. May 13, 2020 219 views

How to find vacancies in Teacher Training assistance?

Musician and Performer, professional of over 30 years. #music #teacher #teaching...

#education

Andrameda C.’s Avatar
Andrameda C. Apr 12, 2020 123 views

How can I make it to the Billboard top 100 with a album that has been discussed already via social media?

I am a musician that loves to make Jazz music. I am also a fashionista and an array of artist abilities that I focus in. I love exercising and being in my own place with my man. #music #music-industry #sports #singing...

#singer

Kyra C.’s Avatar
Kyra C. Apr 04, 2019 312 views
Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Mar 17, 2020 165 views

What is the process in writing a song that people enjoy? Both music and words.

I am starting a Christian band....

#music

Kristian B.’s Avatar
Kristian B. Mar 07, 2020 165 views

What is like working as a music producer

Hallo my name is Kristian and I want to be a music producer #music-production #music-industry #music-education...

#music