Career questions tagged music

Music can be produced, written, performed, and taught. Music degrees are offered at most colleges. Careers include music teacher, game designer, therapist, and a lot more. For more information, please read below. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Jackson294 views

How much does it cost to become a music major?

I want to become a music major. But, i don't know how difficult/ expensive.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Janavi764 views

Does band and arts give you an advantage for college, even if music isn't your major or minor?

Next year, I'm in the 9th grade and I would like to major in either Pre-Med or Biology. I also take band and I'm in the marching band and planning to take it for the next 4 years. I'm wondering if that factor will give me an edge on my college application and if it will benefit me later. Thanks!

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sarah532 views

What’s the best career choice to make as a teenager??

Teenage,psychology…?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melin526 views

How do I start little in my career of k-pop ?

Ive taken Michelle Marrota s advice.So how do i start little in kpop .I have a few ideas,first of all me and my friends have a k-pop group called high up and it consist of 5 of my friends who like k-pop i have 53 friends in total but only 5 of them like k-pop.I just wrote a song called LOL party (laugh out loud)and yeah. i also joined a drama/acro club at middle shool (im 10) so yeah thats it.do you know any k-pop high schools in winnipeg manitoba so in the next 3 years i can go there .

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melin356 views

Is there a possibility I can become a k-pop idol (according to these facts)?

So my name is Merryn and i was born in Nigeria and ive traveled to many places when i was 3 and 4.I take k-pop seriously and ive been living in Canada for almost 7 years now. Im 10 years old and in k-pop im good at dancing,rapping,visuals,and singing a little,ive been dancing since i was 8 and when im 15-18 im gonna audition for J.Y.P entertainment.I make friends very easily and im extroverted and my representive color is white,but my fav color is blue.Hope you have an anwser.By the way me and my friends practice k-pop a lot but im the main dancer.A lot of people call me a beautiful and agood dancer.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cypress537 views

How do you record and publish music cost effectively with good sound quality?

Tips on recording and places to do so

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jack308 views

If you could give any advice to a musician trying to break into the industry, what would it be?

Any advice helps! Thanks! :)

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ella213 views

How do I become a catholic singer?

i want to become a very very good singer. I also want to write my own songs. I already write my own songs. I would also like to help people with my music.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ella173 views

?how do i become a singer

i want to be a singer. I also want to be a songwriter. I already write songs. I also take voice lessons. I would like to be very famous. I want to help people with my music.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samir239 views

What is the best online studio for producing music?

I have an interest in music production and would like to know what is recommended for starters.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Evan347 views

When it comes to releasing music, what is the best way to gain an audience ?

I have recently released my first album through DistroKid after two years of learning and making music. Though I believe I had done my best in sharing it around on social media, I had only gained 3 listeners on the first track of the album. My goal of going into music as a career path is to have something I enjoy doing and also share my ideas with others, but I just feel that I'm not doing something right here.

answer icon11 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Anya320 views

As a high schooler, how do I advertise and find students to teach piano?

I am a 16 year old junior in high school, and I am hoping to gain experience teaching private piano lessons. I have been playing piano since I was 4 years old, and feel that I am at a high enough level that I can teach students to a proficient level. I am going to major in music performance in college, so getting into teaching music would be useful for my future.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kynleigh263 views

What is the best way to establish yourself in the music industry as an artist?

what are some events that you recommend attending? Things you recommend doing?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Javier245 views

How do I apply marketing knowledge to promote my music?

How to take advantage of having marketing knowledge to promote my music on social networks and other options

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Javier162 views

How difficult is it to produce a song ?

how difficult is it, and how do u learn and improve about how to make music

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
olivia217 views

how to improve my playing?

I want to improve my playing in diffrent styles of music

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Stella219 views

How do I really know my life long vocation ?

I don't know if I want to be a musician or be in the science fields.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
kimberly327 views

how can music & video games impact one's mental health?

as a 16 year old highschool student, music & video games is a big part of my life. adults always say it’s a distraction or not a big deal/thing but it reality, it really means a lot & i just wish my mom understood.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Orion240 views

How do I find a local singer for my band?

I've put together a band recently that is going to be very 80s rock music, the only issue is that we can't find a singer, we have everything else we need. We just can't seem to find that guy or girl if you get what I'm trying to say. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I should go about my search to find the frontman or woman.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sav306 views

Why do universities cram so many courses into four years for music majors?

I’m applying to university to major in music education, and I’m looking through course pathways. I’ve heard from many people that the music program is like a five year course stuck into four years.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
tyler174 views

How to I succeed in music?

I want to know about Logic Pro and audio mixing

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Edd349 views

Should I give up my passion?

I have two passions only. Making Art and making Music. I am a graphic design student who is doing pretty well in college and juggling my Art and Music passions. I am pretty good at both of my passions. Lately someone told me that I should focus only on one passion. There are some youtube videos and articles that supports my situation and says that it's great thing two have two passions or even more and there are some youtube videos and articles that says that you should have only one passion and put all your focus on it. There is a kinda famous artist/musician called Jack Stauber who i stumbled upon lately who is juggling the same two passions of mine in addition to animation, sculpture, stop motion, many different musical instruments, singing, songwriting, and many more. he majored in Marketing . And there is also Caroline konstnar who is ballet dancer, artist, singer, comedian, actor, content creator. My question is should I give up on one of my passions and focus only on one, which is something that I don't wanna do. Or be like these two musician/artist examples and embrace my two passions through content creation by making music and making art for my music or making music and making animation for my music just like they do. Thank You

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sara156 views

I want to be a rapper

I'm 19 and autistic and I want to be a rapper but it's hard for me to because I'm autistic. Is there anything you can do to help me.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace304 views

What are the steps in releasing a song?

Who can help me with releasing a song? such as releasing one on spotify

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace151 views

How much money do recording artists make and what are their hours?

I am interested in being a recording artist and I want to know more information about it

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Callie201 views

Do I have a chance at this?

How do I know which career is right for me? I absolutely live for music and want to make it my life, is it possible? Is there a career for music that isn’t just being a musician?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jacob230 views

How can someone start their career in music composition as a novice composer?

I am a student in high school taking AP theory and other music classes. I really want to have a career in composing music, whether it be game OSTs, movie scores, or even just those silly songs in the background of advertisements. The problem is, I have no idea how to get into the industry. Like do I just find a place and apply like a normal job? Or do people have to contact me? (and how do I get them to?) If you have any answers or resources, it'd be highly appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace202 views

What's the first step for starting a music career?

I am looking into a career in music and I would like to know what the steps are, how long it takes to get into it, and how much money will I make.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alex Toa172 views

How do I get world famous by being a rapper?

Hello, I am a freshman at Waimea High School. I'm a rapper and I want to get world famous. I have some questions regarding it. I've been making music for almost 4 months now and I am popular at my school. I would like to know how I can get world famous and be even more popular . Thank you.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maddox209 views

To professional music artists, solo or band members, how did you begin your career?

I'm looking to break into the music industry, preferably as a solo artist, and I'm having difficulty deciding what path to choose: should I just buy a music software, look up tutorials and teach myself, or go to college and learn it there?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon