Career Questions tagged Artist

Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. Dec 12, 2019 76 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#art #animation #job #career #artist #college

Chelsea P.’s Avatar
Chelsea P. Dec 12, 2019 41 views

What steps do I have to take to become an animator?

I like art and I doodle all the time, and I’ve always been told I should become an animator. What are some steps I can take to become one? #art #artist...

#animation

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 53 views

What resources should I be reaching out to/finding for people to notice my art?

How do you get people to recognize your art? Do you share it? Post it? Go to a museum? How is it possible for people to recognize your works and get a basic following to possibly live off of? #art #artist #college #fine-art...

#career

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 80 views

How long did it take to get your career in the art field started?

#art #artist #fashion #career #artistic #digitalart I would just like to know how long it took for some people to jump start their career in art. I know that for many it can take ages, but for some others it doesn't take too long with the right amount of...

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 51 views

How hard is it to live off of just your art?

#art #artist #psychology #fine-art #college I'm a hobbiest when it comes to art. I consider it a hobby, but would really like if I could go somewhere professionally with it. I've drawn and created my whole life, but have always been way too scared to admit that I wanted to become an artist,...

Evan K.’s Avatar
Evan K. Dec 10, 2019 54 views

Does money really matter in the arts?

I really don’t care about getting rich off of going into the arts, but I still want to earn a liveable wage without working myself to death. Is this even possible? #art #artist...

#fine-art

Evan K.’s Avatar
Evan K. Dec 10, 2019 46 views

How easy is it to get jobs as a traditional artist?

I enjoy doing traditional art rather than graphic design and digital art. Is it easy to get jobs doing these? #art #graphic-design #design #fine-art...

#artist

brianna O.’s Avatar
brianna O. Dec 08, 2019 87 views

How do you change into a career you have no professional experience or education in?

I want to pursue a career in Visual Arts, but my professional experience and previous education more geared towards warehouse and IT fields. I don't even have a good art portfolio. How do I get my foot on the right path? #art #artist #career...

#career-choice

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 45 views

How many years of animation should i have before going into a colleague

Hi im 14 years old and im wondering how many years should i have in animation before i enter a animation colleague. I ask this because im worried that because indont animate that well yet i might not get accepted :( #animation #art #animation #job #design...

#artist

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 38 views

How can I get better at making a concept art for games portfolio?

So I want to strengthen the amount of concept art in my portfolio. What is the best way to do this? #video-game-design #creative #artist #art...

#conceptart

Ahna F.’s Avatar
Ahna F. Nov 14, 2019 49 views
Ahna F.’s Avatar
Ahna F. Nov 14, 2019 38 views

What are careers involving art?

I love learning, talking, and making art. #artist #art #creative...

#fine-art

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 39 views

What traits and attitude should an animator have?

What kinds of traits/attitudes are looked for in an animator? How do overall personality traits affect one person when they are being looked at from a business point of view? #animation #art...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 42 views

How should you get started as an upcoming animator?

Are there certain things new animators should be looking out for when they begin to transfer themselves into a bigger world of art? How would one know where to begin on their journey? #animation #art #design #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 39 views

How do you get started in the animation industry?

Is there anyway you can describe how or what it is like in general when making your debut in the animation industry? Is there any specific process? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 47 views

What is it like in the animation industry?

For those who are in the animation industry, what is it like for a day in your life? For example, how do you go about your day usually? What are the tasks you have at hand when assigned a small/big project? Is it easy being in this industry? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

M G.’s Avatar
M G. Oct 18, 2019 69 views

Where can I work as an artist who is still in college but no portfolio yet?

Is it possible to still offer some service to a company without my portfolio and at least get some experience working in or around a game dev. studio? I am stuck between needing to pay the bills and finding a fulfilling career. #video-games #art #video-game-development...

#artist

Celena C.’s Avatar
Celena C. Oct 03, 2019 31 views

For Animators: How long does it take to finish a movie scene/project?

I am a Job Corps student that is working so hard to become an animator! I have several questions I would love to ask that I would love to hear from animators that could give me some time of their day to give me advice. It would mean so much to me, and maybe someday I would love to work with any...

#artist #animation #career #design

Alan V.’s Avatar
Alan V. Sep 18, 2019 27 views
Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 16, 2019 42 views
Ave G.’s Avatar
Ave G. Sep 16, 2019 42 views

how hard is it to be a designer and a cool makeup artist

i love making scary make up it is cool and is seems fun to m ake people look so freaky and scary #nightmares #cosmetology #art #artist #fashion...

#design

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 13, 2019 72 views

I am 14 and i want to help the local cat cafe get more attention because they are amazing and I want to work there when I am 16. What should I do?

I don't know if I should make like a website or give them a poster but I want to show them I am grateful they take care of the kitties! #college #art #career #cats #animals #artist...

#career-choice

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 12, 2019 69 views
Aaron M.’s Avatar
Aaron M. Sep 06, 2019 34 views

What is the long-term potential for an animator?

Interested in animation, but how long do people stay with companies/corporations? #animation...

#artist

Rose M.’s Avatar
Rose M. Aug 26, 2019 32 views
kevin C.’s Avatar
kevin C. Aug 23, 2019 41 views
Casandra A.’s Avatar
Casandra A. Aug 19, 2019 32 views

What is your mission to accomplish?

Art is a form of meditation to me, so being able to find a job where the focus is art and guiding others through art feels like the best job fit that I could possibly find....

#artist