Career Questions tagged Artist

someone’s Avatar
someone yesterday 25 views

what are the courses with a high salary?

completed my class 12th with humanities stream and am still confused about what course to take in uni. what are the courses for an average student with creative interests and a high salary?

Tatiana’s Avatar
Tatiana Aug 03 211 views

How do you become an animator and illustrator at the same time?

So, I read a Q&A from a professional Background (BG) Artist a few days ago. The BG said "a illustration skills don’t always translate to animation." So, it made me wonder more about the differences between the two fields. They're both art-based careers, yet there's some differences I...

Tatiana’s Avatar
Tatiana Aug 03 216 views

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project. The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is...

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Jul 20 153 views

Is it possible to be a pastry chef and a tattoo artist at the same time?

will it be too much?
is it a weird mix?

Israel’s Avatar
Israel Jul 01 114 views

I wanna become a successful independent artist and take my family and friends out the hood.

I love all type of music from Hip Hop to R&B Soul and Drill to Trap.

delano’s Avatar
delano Jun 29 86 views

i would be interested in becoming a painter.

What are some tools of the trade I should be familiar with?

What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter this field?

Do you expect hiring for this job in the region to increase, decrease, or stay the same over the next few years?

Nin’s Avatar
Nin Jun 28 97 views

Portfolio Help

How do I develop a collection of my own art to showcase in a portfolio? I am trying to get into the drawing/painting program at my school, but I'm not sure what type of work to put into my portfolio.

Lanie’s Avatar
Lanie Jun 19 127 views

What careers involve art?

I love art, and has always imagined my life in a field of art, but as I have grown older, I have learned there is no money in it and it is unsustainable. Does anyone know about careers in art that make a livable wage?

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 03 149 views

What do people look for in a graphic designer?

I want to know what kinds of skills/qualifications employers look for when hiring a graphic designer.

takiya’s Avatar
takiya May 13 167 views

if my strengths are braiding and doing nails and my hobbies are drawing and art ,what types of careers or industries might best fit me

I would love to start my own business

Kiere’s Avatar
Kiere May 10 172 views

Could you have more than one job in different fields?

This may be a silly question, but I wonder if you could take more than one job in different fields, such as being a translator and an artist. These examples are careers I'm interested in, though I do not know if they would overlap or make things difficult in my schedule.

Katarena’s Avatar
Katarena May 05 208 views

What are some good colleges for arts?

I like art and math a lot and I'm wondering what colleges might be good for those interests.

Khriz’s Avatar
Khriz Apr 28 218 views

question s of special effects artist

1. how do you exactly do special effects?
2. how much do you get payed a year?
3. what is the best collage for this career?
4. it this job independent or group?
5. what collage degree do you have to get for this career?

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 27 158 views

Who hires art directors?

I'm researching the art directors job

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 27 152 views

what was your first project as an art director?

I'm researching the art director job

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 27 181 views

How do art diectors come up with new ideas?

where do you get your inspiration from?

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 26 161 views

What do art directors start with in a project?

Do they start with the drawing, colors, or images?

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 26 205 views

Where do art directors find jobs?

where are art director jobs most popular, and which state has the most jobs disposable?

Aaron’s Avatar
Aaron Apr 11 133 views

i have a question for writers who have published work - what were some challenges that you faced during the process of becoming a writer and publishing your own work and what advice would you give to someone who wishes to become a writer? also have another question for artistic people who make art expressing their work through sculptures or paintings or drawings - what made you want to take this career path and how hard has it been? and do you feel like people don't appreciate art enough in our communities and also what advice do you have for someone who wants to become an artist?

i am really passionate about writing and all forms of art. i struggle a little bit because i feel like i want to do so many things but feeling like i won't be able to do all of those things if i just stick to one career path , so i just want some advice to better help me who's a junior in...

Colin’s Avatar
Colin Mar 25 165 views

In what ways can I use art to impact the world?

I have the skills and techniques for it, but I don't really have a purpose for them.

Callel’s Avatar
Callel Mar 21 197 views

How do I get better at drawing bodies for my works of art?

what would be the best way to go about designing bodies for my art, would i need to study anatomy or would i just need basic skills to draw body designs?

Edgar’s Avatar
Edgar Mar 03 120 views

Are there any local businesses looking for artistic individuals for hire?

#artist
# art
# fine-art

kat’s Avatar
kat Feb 24 205 views

I would like to go into the art field, is there any specific jobs you would reccomend

#art #artist

Clory’s Avatar
Clory Feb 17 177 views

Career Choice Advice

I'm almost 28 right now. About 4 years ago, I used to work as sales advisor for a famous fashion brand, but for personal reasons I had to quit the job. My actual personal situation doesn't allow me to stay away for long period from home. So, especially during the pandemic, I started thinking...

Daisy’s Avatar
Daisy Feb 02 315 views

How big does an art portfolio typically need to be?

I want to make an art portfolio, but I don't know how to start. #art #artist

Jesua’s Avatar
Jesua Feb 01 401 views

What kind of problems do animators face in their jobs?

It could be struggles with mental health, overwork, low pay or anything in general to give me a vague idea to things I need to keep an eye on before entering the industry. [some advice on what is expected of me while I work would also be helpful] #animation #artist #art

Colin’s Avatar
Colin Jan 28 212 views

What skills do I need in order to major in art?

I believe I have a sufficient understanding of art and I also have the skill to produce good art. Will an art major require a lot more techniques and will it be worth taking? #art #college #artist

Grace’s Avatar
Grace Jan 09 475 views

Can a foreigner become makeup artist in Korea?

#makeup #artist #cosmetology

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 11, 2021 296 views

Other than a portfolio, how can an artist advertise themselves to colleges?

What other ways are artists recognized as a student applying for college besides using their portfolio? #college #artist #art

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 11, 2021 280 views

What platforms do most digital arts classes use in college?

Through classes within high school, I've become familiarized with Adobe Photoshop and Illustration, along with websites like WIX and Canva. Are there other common platforms most colleges will have digital art students use? Are there any materials we need to pay for within the class? #college...