Career Questions tagged Artist

cuba N.’s Avatar
cuba N. Jan 10 20 views

so i wanna know what i can do in the production industry

so im a sporty person but like soccer i watch a lot of movies and series cause their so interesting i dont really like reading #boring i like being creative though...

#artist

Antonio D.’s Avatar
Antonio D. Dec 15, 2020 47 views

how do begin making my first cartoon?

As far as my skills go, i am able to draw characters and write out how my cartoon/story can go but i still don't know how to properly animate just quite yet....

#artist

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 10, 2020 80 views

What's it like to be an Art Director?

Hi all! I'm exploring career options and wondering if anyone is/was an Art Director and want to know the following 1.) a summary of what you do on the day-today 2.) Can you be an Art Director who has no technical art background but more of a business background, and 3.) What is the best career...

#performing-arts #artist #director #artdirector #art #arts

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Dec 03, 2020 70 views

Why Design?

Hi! I just want to ask all of you designers out there, "why did you choose design?". Why did you choose it as a career path? I have always loved design but when a person asks me why I chose it, I seem to have the answer but it's stuck at the back of my mind. I am hoping to have some insights so...

#artist #career-path #design #designers #user-experience #graphic-design

Rodolfo C.’s Avatar
Rodolfo C. Dec 01, 2020 85 views

Am I too late to start a career in Concept Art?

Hello, I was recently let go from my job in the aviation industry due to the Covid-19 crisis. I am now 31 years old and currently looking for a different career path. I always had a passion for drawing and concept art in general, and I used to practice as a hobby but I never made a career out...

#videogames #artist #career #art #digitalpainting #drawing #conceptart

Ardarius C.’s Avatar
Ardarius C. Nov 13, 2020 87 views

What community or website should I go to that has artist and photographers that could support me?

I'm a Freshman and i'm trying to find a place where I can get other artist and photographers opinions and words of wisdom I guess but I have no experience, #artist #photographer #business #career...

#2careers

Shantrell A.’s Avatar
Shantrell A. Nov 13, 2020 53 views

How can I start off sucessful by going to college?

Im a 10th grade student at Hillcrest Highschool and I want to see how can I take a big step forward to be successful. #student...

#artist

Zion S.’s Avatar
Zion S. Nov 10, 2020 71 views
Thomas R.’s Avatar
Thomas R. Nov 09, 2020 51 views

How Steps Are There?

I’m An Artist Of Some What, And I Want To Know What Will It Take To Achieve That Goal, And If There Is Any Possible Feedback From Others #artist #illustrator #drawing...

#details

Kamren D.’s Avatar
Kamren D. Nov 05, 2020 52 views

What do you have to do to become a comic book artist

Hello I am in 9th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future careers. A career I've always wanted to follow for a long time is to become a comic book artist. Ever since I was little I've always loved and appreciated super hero movies and tv shows with also the comic books that they...

#artists #artist #art #comics #dc #marvel

Lani L.’s Avatar
Lani L. Oct 29, 2020 71 views
Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 27, 2020 67 views

Should I go to art school?

I'm a senior trying to decide on a path in life, and art is something i'm interested in. I have heard very mixed feelings about how art is great and a totally viable path, but i've also heard that it's a crowded industry that's much too saturated. Which one is right? Help! #art #art #artist...

#college #art-education

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 27, 2020 55 views

What is the best program to learn how to draw digitally?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and I have little digital art skills. I want to use Procreate, since I've used it before and it's the most accessible for me. But I was wondering if programs like Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint are better. #art #artist #art-education #the-arts...

#painting #concept-artist #artists #illustrator #digital-art #arts

Angelina G.’s Avatar
Angelina G. Oct 26, 2020 47 views
Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23, 2020 70 views

What advice would you give to someone considering a job as a concept artist/illustrator? What about an art director?

One of the things I'm scared of is burnout and art block. I've struggled with those issues in the past (as has every artist) but I'm worried if it'll greatly affect my work. #art #artist #fine-art #arts #conceptartist...

#artdirector

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23, 2020 62 views

What are the advantages and opportunities for advancement with concept artists and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and have wanted to do art since I was little, and recently made the big decision to seriously pursue it. I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, but I also want to know more about being an art director. #art #arts...

#artist

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23, 2020 77 views

What are the work conditions, hours, and salary for concept artists/illustrators and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and recently made a big decision to change my career path back to art, which is what I've wanted to do since I was little. I want to be a concept artist and major in illustration. #art #artist #arts #animation #illustration...

#conceptartist

Aowynn A.’s Avatar
Aowynn A. Oct 19, 2020 47 views
Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17, 2020 80 views

Do you get your salary decreased if you make a mistake on a project/layout?

I am in high school and my future career is becoming a Graphic Designer. #high-school #career...

#artist

Shantrell A.’s Avatar
Shantrell A. Oct 02, 2020 84 views

What is my goal when i grow up?

My goal is that I want to be successful at life, at my achievement, and goals because that what it take to be successful. #artist #goals...

#achievements

James W.’s Avatar
James W. Sep 18, 2020 159 views

How to draw.

My name is James and I love to draw but every-time I present everyone asks what’s that. How do I improve my drawing skills? #artist #design...

#art

Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04, 2020 143 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#artist #animation #general #art #the-arts #career-choice #arts

Ash A.’s Avatar
Ash A. Aug 11, 2020 109 views
Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04, 2020 146 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Isabel D.’s Avatar
Isabel D. Jul 17, 2020 129 views

Is it possible to make a living as a traditional artist? #JULY 2020

I'm in art school to become a fine artist, but feel insecure about the prospects for artists in this day and age. Is it really possible to be a practicing artist without a side job? #artist #art school #fine-art...

#arts

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Jul 17, 2020 114 views

Finding painting jobs

My struggle is to find a well-paying job in art. I have a BA in studio art, however, I am lacking 2+ years in a studio that some jobs require. Does anyone have any resources where I can look? #arts #fine-art #artist #the-arts...

#art

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jul 11, 2020 173 views

What are some tips for starting a career in animation?

What skills, knowledge, and background must I have? #animation #art...

#artist

Nashaela W.’s Avatar
Nashaela W. Jul 09, 2020 149 views

What is the toughest part of your job?

I am a hard worker who likes to work at my own pace but I can work with challenges but since I have issues with getting my ideas across with other people. I'm great at adapting to new things and I love art, writing and any type of job that allows me to be able to express my thoughts in a...

#artist #communication