Career Questions tagged Artist

Is collage the right place for an artist?

I'm still on the fence about going to collage or getting a job straight out of high school. I feel like i might already posses the skills necessary to get a job. #job #college #artist #art #creative...

#career

1

Denise Shearey’s Avatar
Active 3 hours ago

Posted by Kevin H.’s Avatar Kevin H.
Denise Shearey’s Avatar
Denise Shearey | Recruiter here to help There are many things to consider when making this decision, and ...

What are the requirements to become a Game Designer?

I am very into drawing and designing things for the school and for people that enjoy my skills of art. I just want to know what can I do to get my art into the gaming industries. #art #artist #video-game-design #game-design...

#video-games

1

Ed Magnin’s Avatar
Active Jan 13 at 06:51 PM

Posted by Charlene O.’s Avatar Charlene O.
Ed Magnin’s Avatar
Ed Magnin | Ed Magnin is a 35+ year game industry ... To me "game designer" is a position you work your way ...

How to get started in animation?

2

Gates Callanan’s Avatar Jason Daves’s Avatar
Active Dec 28 '18 at 08:08 PM

Posted by Stephanie F.’s Avatar Stephanie F.
Gates Callanan’s Avatar
Gates Callanan | Puppet Fabricator, Animator Hi!If you want to make animation, the good news is that ...

what is one of best things about being an animator?

I enjoy seeing people draw, so I would love to know what they love best about drawing animation #art #animation #artist...

#design

2

Rylee Barton’s Avatar Jamie Beck’s Avatar
Active Nov 28 '18 at 05:32 PM

Posted by Daniela H.’s Avatar Daniela H.
Rylee Barton’s Avatar
Rylee Barton | Motion Graphics Artist Hi Daniela,I am an animator and motion graphics artist and one ...

Animators Opinion

I'm curious if artists who are already working in the animation field felt going to college for a degree helped them to obtain a job in the field or are employers simply looking at talent? #art #college #artist #animation...

#job

3

Timothy Freeman’s Avatar Roger Hyde’s Avatar Kid Cardona’s Avatar
Active Nov 06 '18 at 12:02 AM

Posted by Carson S.’s Avatar Carson S.
Timothy Freeman’s Avatar
Timothy Freeman | 3D Creative Designer I find that my degree did little and continues to do ...

Do I have to live in a big city to do well in the field of Graphic Design?

4

Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar Rachel Marshall’s Avatar Alwyn Velásquez’s Avatar Mat Karlinsky’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 '18 at 05:55 PM

Posted by Lakin A.’s Avatar Lakin A.
Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar
Ellen Rosenthal | Retired Art Teacher Hi LakinGraphic designers work in may different scenarios---large businesses, design studios, ...

Where is the best place for an illustration/graphic art paid internship?

For a budding illustration and graphic artist, what would a good example of a paid internship that has reasonable entry? As a young multi talented artist, I have a strong passion about concept sketching and art and want to focus deeply on that aspect. I would like to be employed after college,...

#paidinternship #art #artist #internship #design #graphic-design

2

Rachel Marshall’s Avatar Alan Posch’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 '18 at 06:45 PM

Posted by Samuel G.’s Avatar Samuel G.
Rachel Marshall’s Avatar
Rachel Marshall | Design Lead at Airbnb In order to get an internship, you need a portfolio. In ...
Lashay Taylor’s Avatar
Lashay Taylor | --Career Counselor, Educator, and Motivator Hello Sarah Leah: Great question! I would recommend majoring in Special ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential You may be able to major in one area and minor ...

What is the usual day an artist like. (One that is an artist as a profession)

5

Roger Hyde’s Avatar Eric Vincent’s Avatar Vanessa Peace’s Avatar Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar +1
Active Sep 06 '18 at 03:19 PM

Posted by Joseph B.’s Avatar Joseph B.
Roger Hyde’s Avatar
Roger Hyde | In-house Creative Agency Ringmaster I have been a creative industry professional since 1985 and have ...

What kind of training and education is needed for a career in Animation or a as CGI Artist?

I'm very interested in a career revolving around the arts, especially with Animations. Would you have any recommendations for any courses, possible future internships, or even schools that have this type of training? Thank you #carreer...

#artist

1

Andy Wang’s Avatar
Active Dec 06 '18 at 03:04 AM

Posted by Margaret Ann B.’s Avatar Margaret Ann B.
Andy Wang’s Avatar
Andy Wang | Principal Artist at Zynga Hi Margaret Ann B.,I'm glad to see that you are interested ...

What are the best colleges for Fine Arts? Like Animation and Culinary Arts?

1

Jonathan Sutherland’s Avatar
Active Aug 17 '18 at 10:42 PM

Posted by Abigail H.’s Avatar Abigail H.
Jonathan Sutherland’s Avatar
Jonathan Sutherland | Director of Marketing at Feeding Children Everywhere While both creative pursuits, this are two very different career paths. ...

How hard will it be becoming a artist

I want to know how long will it be becoming a artist because I really want to become one of them and how long it be to get a college decree to becoming an artist or a great craft of making a lot of thing just using my head. :D #artist...

#creative

2

Benjamin Mayers’s Avatar Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Active Aug 21 '18 at 11:54 PM

Posted by Mary L.’s Avatar Mary L.
Benjamin Mayers’s Avatar
Benjamin Mayers | Solutions Manager I think that you should definitely chase your dream. If you ...

How hard will it be becoming a artist and how long will it be

I want to know how long will it be becoming a artist because I really want to become one of them and how long it be to get a college decree to becoming an artist or a great craft of making a lot of thing just using my head. thank you for reading my message hope you will replay bye. :D #artist...

#creative

1

Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Active Jul 17 '18 at 01:32 AM

Posted by Mary L.’s Avatar Mary L.
Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Precious Bracey | Grant Facilitator at Jazz for Peace™ Some people is born a artist they can dance, sing. Draw. ...

I want to be an artist what can i do to accomplish this?

Like what can I do to help complete it. What can help me be that person....

#artist

1

Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Active Jul 04 '18 at 03:24 AM

Posted by Zoe B.’s Avatar Zoe B.
Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Precious Bracey | Grant Facilitator at Jazz for Peace™ What kind of artist are we talking about? Do you sing ...

What should be a part of an artist statement?

I have been slowly improving on my artist statement that I started writing for high school but I keep getting different information about what an artist statement should consist of. Is there a general criteria for artist statements?...

#artist

1

Misty Miller’s Avatar
Active Jun 19 '18 at 04:52 PM

Posted by Tea F.’s Avatar Tea F.
Misty Miller’s Avatar
Misty Miller | CLG @ AT&T DirecTV Hi Tea, A good artists statement consists of a bit about ...

What are some internships involved with animation or illustration?

I'm studying to go into the animation field, along with concept art. Does anyone know of companies that have internships for those just starting out? #art #artist #animation #internship...

#illustration

2

Jonathan Sutherland’s Avatar Gates Callanan’s Avatar
Active Dec 26 '18 at 08:24 AM

Posted by Jillian R.’s Avatar Jillian R.
Jonathan Sutherland’s Avatar
Jonathan Sutherland | Director of Marketing at Feeding Children Everywhere I do not know of specific internship programs you can look ...
Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Precious Bracey | Grant Facilitator at Jazz for Peace™ I think as a artist who was once interested in drawing ...

What do companies look for in a portfolio when hiring a designer, artist, or photographer?

I want to design logos, album covers, and advertisements for record labels, musicians, or lifestyle companies. When creative professionals hire freelance artists or people to work for their company, what kind of things do they look for in their portfolio before hiring them? #graphic-design...

#hire #designer #lifestyle #artist #career #photography #design #advertisement

3

Cuong Nguyen’s Avatar Eric Vincent’s Avatar David Wuerth’s Avatar
Active Jun 06 '18 at 04:32 AM

Posted by Raney W.’s Avatar Raney W.
Cuong Nguyen’s Avatar
Cuong Nguyen | Web Designer/Motion Graphic Designer Hello Raney, The companies you apply to varies what kind of ...

As an artist, how do I make money while also doing what I'm passionate about?

I want to be a graphic designer after college, but I don't know where to begin with finding a stable job that also allows me creative freedom. I understand that I won't necessarily love every assignment I get, but I don't want to spend my career bored or uninspired. What is the key to finding...

#career #money #jobs #graphic-designer #artist

2

Fabiola Clayton’s Avatar Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Active Jul 17 '18 at 02:07 AM

Posted by Raney W.’s Avatar Raney W.
Fabiola Clayton’s Avatar
Fabiola Clayton | Education Program Manager Every artist has the same dilemma. I recommend you watch the ...

Do you think it is worth dropping a high paying job to become a full time artist?

I know people say do what makes you happy if it's your passion, but what if I have a job that will set my whole future into place. Do I drop it and become an artist who is thriving and struggling to become a big time​ artist? #artist...

#jobs

1

Austin L.’s Avatar
Active May 18 '18 at 02:31 PM

Posted by Joanne L.’s Avatar Joanne L.
Austin L.’s Avatar
Austin L. | PwC Experienced Associate, Advisory Hi Joanne, Interesting question. The whole "money vs. passion" question has ...

What is the hardest part about starting up a business dealing with the arts?

Where do you begin and what are the first steps? How do you deal with the financial aspects of the business, do you do it yourself or do you hire someone? How much time do you usually spend on your medium and how much of that time is used to publicize your work? How do you publicize/ get...

#work #artist

1

Sally Barnett (BA Hons)’s Avatar
Active May 19 '18 at 10:49 AM

Posted by Joanne L.’s Avatar Joanne L.
Sally Barnett (BA Hons)’s Avatar
Sally Barnett (BA Hons) | Keeping Busy!!! - Illustrator and Designer, also Web ... It is hard work, it requires many hours spent marketing yourself ...

What are good ways to make money as a professional artist?

I'm studying to be an art teacher and I know that it'd hard to make it in the art world on selling your art alone, but I definitely want to make money on my art along with my job as a teacher. What are other ways to make money as an artist after earning a BFA or MFA? #art #artist #painting...

#mfa #bfa #drawing-and-painting

3

Andy Wang’s Avatar Mary Coronado’s Avatar Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar
Active May 09 '18 at 11:18 AM

Posted by Rachel T.’s Avatar Rachel T.
Andy Wang’s Avatar
Andy Wang | Principal Artist at Zynga Hi Rachel,It's great to hear that you want to become a ...

How much money taken out for student loans is reasonable?

I'm going to school to be an art teacher, and I know I can get a job as a teacher after I graduate and start paying off my loans, but I don't know how much is too much to take out based on a teacher's salary. #teaching #art...

#artist

3

Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar Douglas Walker’s Avatar Lynn Hulkow’s Avatar
Active May 25 '18 at 03:33 PM

Posted by Rachel T.’s Avatar Rachel T.
Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar
Ellen Rosenthal | Retired Art Teacher Hi Rachel!Hooray! A future art teacher! You'll love your career as ...

What precautionary steps should I take to be an artist an also financially stable?

I'm an sophomore student and I wish to pursue a career in art and illustration, I know it's tough to do what a love and be able to support myself, any extra steps i can take to make sure I can support myself? #fine-artist #illustrator...

#artist

1

Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Active Apr 22 '18 at 10:58 PM

Posted by Cas C.’s Avatar Cas C.
Precious Bracey’s Avatar
Precious Bracey | Grant Facilitator at Jazz for Peace™ You need to intern in a company that’s in your field ...

What is the best high quality art school in the world that is not Julliard?

I am a sophomore in high school that is interested in an artistic career that involves makeup, special effects makeup and art in general like painting, drawing and design. I want to attend a top notch art school that will truly lead me to a successful career that makes my artwork noticed in...

#art #makeup-artist #artist #special-effects #fine-art #professional-makeup-artist

1

Eric Vincent’s Avatar
Active Apr 15 '18 at 01:08 PM

Posted by Kirstin O.’s Avatar Kirstin O.
Eric Vincent’s Avatar
Eric Vincent | Freelancer Visual Communication Specialist Hi Kirstin,That's really not the easiest question to answer because 'the ...

How to start a career in Art?

What is the best way to start a career in Art? Being able to make out is one thing but getting artwork out there and to be noticed and recognized for any possible career possibilities. I am trying to be a official recognized artist and I'm working on trying to have my own unique style. I focus...

#digital-art #art #drawing #artist

2

Andy Wang’s Avatar Marybeth Rizzo’s Avatar
Active Nov 10 '18 at 11:35 AM

Posted by O'shea J.’s Avatar O'shea J.
Andy Wang’s Avatar
Andy Wang | Principal Artist at Zynga Hi O'shea,That's a pretty difficult question that you asked. Unfortunately there ...

How do you apply to work with an animation company?

My dad and I have talked about it over and over again, but when it comes to actually applying to work with an animation company (which will be in about 4 years give or take), we’re not sure who to talk to. #artist...

#animator

1

Andy Wang’s Avatar
Active May 09 '18 at 01:00 AM

Posted by Amber C.’s Avatar Amber C.
Andy Wang’s Avatar
Andy Wang | Principal Artist at Zynga Hi Amber,It's great to see that you're thinking 4 years into ...

As a theatre major, what do you do post graduation?

I'm studying acting, and unfortunately the odds of success after graduation can be hit or miss. What the heck do I do after I graduate? Their are many questions on how to obtain a manager, agent, publicist, lawyer. And which one is the most important. It is so easy to be taken advantage of....

#career #performing-arts #art #theatre #artist

1

Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar
Active Apr 10 '18 at 01:13 AM

Posted by Stephanie H.’s Avatar Stephanie H.
Ellen Rosenthal’s Avatar
Ellen Rosenthal | Retired Art Teacher Hi Stephanie:Best wishes on your career in theatre, but it things ...

Over 59,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)