Career Questions tagged 3D Animation

emanuel V.’s Avatar
emanuel V. Apr 24, 2018 297 views

will college be enough to prepare me for an animation career?

I heard that most college schools teach the fundamentals of animation which is not enough for the animation industry as I've heard its extremely competitive. Employers will look at my portfolio more than my degree #computer-animation #2d-animation...

#3d-animation

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. Jan 15, 2018 330 views

Do you need a Master Degree in Animation

Is it really necessary to get a Master Degree in Animation to get your dream job? #animation #college #3d-animation #character-animation...

#higher-education

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. Jan 15, 2018 290 views

True Placement Rating for Animation

All colleges give placement ratings. Has anyone completed a degree in Animation? And how quickly did you get a job thru that school #animation #college #3d-animation...

#character-animation

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. Jan 15, 2018 299 views

Pixar hiring from SCAD

Has anyone graduated from SCAD and gotten a job with Pixar? How difficult was it to get hired. #character-animation #2d-animation #animation...

#3d-animation

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. Jan 15, 2018 314 views

Positive or Negative about SCAD

Looking for positive or negative responses about SCAD - especially in the Animation Department #character-animation #2d-animation #animation...

#3d-animation

Chris C.’s Avatar
Chris C. Jan 10, 2018 293 views

How can I, as a junior in high school, gain experience animating to make me qualified applying to schools for animation?

Growing up surrounded by Disney and Pixar, I have always admired animation and the art and hard work that is put into these movies. This being a dream job, I want to be able to work in this field in the future, however, I don't know how to find opportunities within this field to make me more...

#computer-animation #character-animation #3d-animation #animation

Iselle K.’s Avatar
Iselle K. Jan 10, 2018 274 views

How to become an Animation Intern?

I'm currently in my freshman year, and go to an art based highschool. I've been researching 3-D animation, and was wondering how people become interns at big companies like Disney, Pixar, etc. How much experience in animation do they look for? Are they looking for actual animators, or...

#animation #art #3d-animation #internships

sean W.’s Avatar
sean W. Sep 01, 2017 438 views

What programs do you use to make villain minions?

I have a lot of mythical creatures in store for my army in a movie. #3d-animation #animation #character-animation...

#computer-animation

sean W.’s Avatar
sean W. Sep 01, 2017 408 views

How do you transform villains into huge monsters in the movies?

I know people love a good monster battle. No one can resist fight like those. Take Godzilla for example everyone loves his fights. So why not get a new beast in the house. #3d-animation #animation #animals...

#animal-behavior

sean W.’s Avatar
sean W. Sep 01, 2017 414 views

Is it easy to transform animals into cartoons?

When you put animals in cartoon you make their animations look so easy. I don't think it seems that hard to do. #animation...

#3d-animation

Lien A.’s Avatar
Lien A. Sep 01, 2017 496 views

What is the best field to pursue in the entertainment industry?

I may or may not be going to college next year, which means I need to choose a major. I don't have any interests in any other field besides the entertainment industry. I want to know which field is both satisfying and having a decent pay. Ex: animation, film, etc. However, I also want to know...

#college-majors #animation #entertainment-industry #3d-animation #iscollegeworthit

Rita O.’s Avatar
Rita O. May 19, 2016 621 views

What is the best advice that you have for an animation student?

I come from a very strong fine arts background, but I'm about to transfer into a school for an animation/illustration major! I don't have much experience except for a lot of drawing experience and one 3D modeling class. #animation #drawing #3d-animation #computer-animation #illustration...

#character-animation

Maddy W.’s Avatar
Maddy W. May 03, 2017 785 views

How to learn how to make a full anime episodes?

Hello I really need help. I'm in an art class with a group of art students and we draw anime characters and others kind of art work. We just had an idea to make or learn how to make a full anime episode and need suggestions! It's dream and to my friends! #japan #animation #3d-animation...

#computer-animation #character-animation #anime

Yamil C.’s Avatar
Yamil C. Apr 16, 2017 637 views

How to be an animator with a Bachelor's of digital media and animation?

Hi, my name is Yamil, I'm currently a high school senior soon going to college. I got accepted to college and the major I chose for that college is Digital Media and Animation. I'm just wondering what can I expect if I get a Bachelor's of Digital Media and Animation degree? I just want to be...

#computer-animation #art #character-animation #animation #3d-animation

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 29, 2016 3388 views

What would I need to major in if I'm interested in both math and art?

As a currently graduating senior in high school, I will be going to a community college to complete my prerequisites and the transfer to a four year university. Although I'm a little shaky on choosing a major, One of my long time interests is art; I've been drawing and experimenting since I was...

#computer-animation #art #computer-programming #animation #3d-animation

Rita O.’s Avatar
Rita O. May 19, 2016 541 views

Applying for internships in animation?

What advice do you have for animation students applying to intern? What do companies look for specifically in applicants and what can I do to make my application stronger? #animation #3d-animation #illustrator #computer-animation #illustration...

#character-animation

Sydney B.’s Avatar
Sydney B. May 16, 2016 804 views

What colleges on the east coast offer an animation major or an animation concentration?

I live in Virginia and I want to study animation. I do not want to leave the east coast to attend college; I am currently interested in the Savannah College of Art and Design. #art #animation #3d-animation #illustration...

#character-design

Sofia S.’s Avatar
Sofia S. May 14, 2016 645 views

What is the number one business for Animation (like companies?)?

I'm really interested in becoming a concept artist. #animation...

#3d-animation

Sofia S.’s Avatar
Sofia S. May 14, 2016 532 views

Whats the average income of a concept artist?

This has been my dream job for years. #computer...

#3d-animation

Prince  M.’s Avatar
Prince M. Apr 16, 2016 627 views
Furqan M.’s Avatar
Furqan M. Jun 08, 2015 1088 views

How to go about becoming a computer animator?

Hello my name is Furqan I'm 16 and I'm in the 10th grade and I live in the New York area. I would like to know of some good sources to help me become a computer animator to make 3D or 2D IOS video games. Or any jobs that will help me get some help in the field. #video-games #3d-animation #ios...

#animator #mobile

Yamil C.’s Avatar
Yamil C. Jun 03, 2015 1089 views

Where do I go to get a job as an animator?

My name is Yamil and I go to Hudson High School of Learning Technologies. I'm interested in animating and I want to learn how to do it and where to go #video-game-design #3d-animation #animators...

#animator

Cynthia L.’s Avatar
Cynthia L. Jan 06, 2015 980 views
Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Dec 03, 2014 672 views

How do I become an animator?

I am a junior in high school and I am interested in animation. Mainly the genres of 2d, 3d, anime, and western. #3d-animation #anime #character-animation...

#animator

Cynthia L.’s Avatar
Cynthia L. Nov 19, 2014 945 views

What do you need to do to become an animator?

I really want to know so I could do this in the future. #professional #3d-animation...

#animators