Career Questions tagged Animation

Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04 75 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#animation #career-choice #general #art #the-arts #artist #arts

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 74 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 57 views

Are demo reels neciasry for all good animation colleagues

I want to confirm this question since I'm pretty sure but I want to double check #college #animation...

#animator

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 59 views

How do I transition from short animations to long ones

So I do alot of animation memes (these if you dont know are short animations often going to a song of some kind sometimes depicting a short story) and I am nervous because for a demo reel I need to have more detalied/perfosional work but I cant really see myself getting out of doing short ones...

#animator #student #animation

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jul 11 120 views

What are some tips for starting a career in animation?

What skills, knowledge, and background must I have? #animation #art...

#artist

Benjamin S.’s Avatar
Benjamin S. May 02 170 views

Is developing a friend network really essential in order to become more successful?

Practicing artist as well as an aspiring animator and game developer. #artist #game-design...

#animation

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 05 145 views
taylor D.’s Avatar
taylor D. Jan 24 124 views

what does professional software development experience mean?

i wanna work at valve but they need someone with 4+ years professional software development experience and i don't know what that mean i wanna be a Game Development Software Engineer #video-games #animation #programming...

#engineer

zaid A.’s Avatar
zaid A. Dec 19, 2019 116 views
Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. Dec 12, 2019 193 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#job #animation #art #college #artist #career

Chelsea P.’s Avatar
Chelsea P. Dec 12, 2019 124 views

What steps do I have to take to become an animator?

I like art and I doodle all the time, and I’ve always been told I should become an animator. What are some steps I can take to become one? #art #artist...

#animation

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 89 views

What is the averge amount of decent animation i should have before colleague

Hi ive been animateing for 2 years and its decent but everyone else is so much better so im wondering to calm my nerves if i animate from 13 to when i get to colleague do i have a good chance of getting in? #animation #art...

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 109 views

How many years of animation should i have before going into a colleague

Hi im 14 years old and im wondering how many years should i have in animation before i enter a animation colleague. I ask this because im worried that because indont animate that well yet i might not get accepted :( #animation #art #animation #job #design...

#artist

Penelope G.’s Avatar
Penelope G. Nov 14, 2019 107 views
Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 167 views

Where is the highest job rate for a computer animator?

Where is the computer animator job highest #computer-science #computer #animation...

#job-application

Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 118 views

How much money does a computer animator make?

I want to know what the average salary of a computer animator #computer-science # #salary...

#animation

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 106 views

What are some tips to give to new animators?

What are some tips or advise in general that will benefit new animators in the long run for this career? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#personal-development

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 100 views

What traits and attitude should an animator have?

What kinds of traits/attitudes are looked for in an animator? How do overall personality traits affect one person when they are being looked at from a business point of view? #animation #art...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 108 views

How should you get started as an upcoming animator?

Are there certain things new animators should be looking out for when they begin to transfer themselves into a bigger world of art? How would one know where to begin on their journey? #animation #art #design #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 109 views

How do you get started in the animation industry?

Is there anyway you can describe how or what it is like in general when making your debut in the animation industry? Is there any specific process? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 128 views

What is it like in the animation industry?

For those who are in the animation industry, what is it like for a day in your life? For example, how do you go about your day usually? What are the tasks you have at hand when assigned a small/big project? Is it easy being in this industry? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

Celena C.’s Avatar
Celena C. Oct 03, 2019 83 views

For Animators: How long does it take to finish a movie scene/project?

I am a Job Corps student that is working so hard to become an animator! I have several questions I would love to ask that I would love to hear from animators that could give me some time of their day to give me advice. It would mean so much to me, and maybe someday I would love to work with any...

#animation #artist #design #career

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 12, 2019 132 views
Frank R.’s Avatar
Frank R. Sep 10, 2019 135 views

What animation software, terms, and techniques should i have knowledge of?

I only know a few animation terms and i wish to learn what i must know before applying to become an animator. #animation #video-games...

#art

Frank R.’s Avatar
Frank R. Sep 10, 2019 84 views

What are some "red lights" animators should be aware about before getting hired?

If i were to enter the animation field, what signs should i look out for a work space or environment before accepting the job? #animation #art...

#business