Career questions tagged animation

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Cristian314 views

What kind of education does an animator and cartoonist need?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
P298 views

How is the animation industry currently?

How hard is it to get a job in the animation industry?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Colin250 views

Where can I find free online classes for art & animation?

I am 13 years old and I am looking to do online art classes for a side project. Free would be preferred of course, but anything helps!

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adrianna423 views

What would be a good art school to go to for animation in the United States?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adrianna240 views

Does SVA Actually teach you how to animate?

Does SVA actually teach you how to do 2D animation or do you have to learn it on your own? And is SVA worth the amount of money? Or is their a better school. Also I'm autistic and special needs. #Animation

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Savion227 views

Best way to become a video gamer designer/game developer.?

How to model, animate, and code.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cadence571 views

hi! do animators go far in their carreers? do they get paid good? what is the average salary?

Money isn't everything to me, but it is of mild importance. I want to be happy in my job, and i absolutely love to draw. I can't go a week without holding a pen, otherwise I can't think right. strange.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Darrell302 views

Is pursuing an animation career still worth it?

I’ve been hearing a lot of bad stuff going on in the animation industry regarding the big studios and such (ex: CN, Nickelodeon, Disney, etc). and it’s making me have second thoughts on pursuing my career into animation as I want to make a difference in the industry but with things like this going on, I don’t know at this point. I want to do screenwriting but still wants to be in the animation industry even if I’m not an animator. Is it worth doing another career in the animation industry at this time?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Darrell231 views

Are there accommodations in the animation industry?

Hello, I am an autistic artist who’s interested in being in the animation industry as an animator and maybe an animation director. However, I want to ask if there are accommodations for those who are disabled in the industry and if there’s someone that I can ask about their experiences in the industry as well.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jayden273 views

I am in 9th grade and am interested in becoming an animator.

I am in 9th grade I am not the best at art but I am extremely interested in becoming an animator what can I do?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shyheim160 views

Where would I start if I wanted to start doing art commissions online?

I am an aspiring artist and once I feel like my art is good enough I want to start doing online commissions.Would you have any advice for where I would begin.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ash479 views

What advice would you have for someone who wants to get started in the animation field?

I want to make cartoons, and or concept designs for video game character

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
miles227 views

What's the hardest part about animating?

Curious about the hardest part of animating, or being an animator in general. Is it the longer hours? Deadlines?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
liana222 views

whats it like designing and animating for big studios like disney, pixar, dreamworks, sony, and nickelodeon ?

working for disney has been a dream job of mine since i was really young, what a day like working for them and what goes on,

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angela393 views

What kind of majors do animation (3D or 2D), or film jobs look for in their candidates, and what colleges or universities offer good programs for these jobs?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mimi261 views

How do I make my drawings look good?

How do I make my drawings look good without a lot of fancy supplies

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaiah282 views

How can I get more involved in film/the entertainment industry while still in high school?

I will be a sophomore in a couple months. I already selected electives such as video production(mainly works on my school’s tv show) and animation for this upcoming year and I took “intro to acting” last school year. I’m also in stage crew for our play and musical. I want to gain more experience and I know that these will help but I want to be involved outside of just classes. What’s the next step that I should be taking to get involved and gaining experience?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaiah257 views

Do I have to stick to just one thing?

I know that I want to go into the entertainment industry but I’m not sure if I want to animate, direct, or act. Is it possible to do all three and still be successful? Also if I can’t but I’m also not sure which I want to stick with, what should I do when selecting my major?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asterio807 views

If I would like to do professional animation for work, should I major in art or film?

So for context, I've always been stuck between going to school for art or going to school for film, because I love the both of them and animation requires knowledge of both skills. I'm always asked about college & I just don't know which one is best for my goals.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ethan235 views

what do i need to study to be an animation director?

i don't know what to study to be an animation director

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexis186 views

What advice do you have for young artists interested in animation that want to create a portfolio?

I'm currently interested in a variety of things and I'm a sophomore in college. I know I'd like to work in animation at some point in my life and so I want to make sure that I'm prepared to get into the working world.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sophie357 views

Storyboarding in feature animation ?

What would be recommended to do in order to get into feature storyboarding for animation?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jaslene236 views

Any advice/opinions?

Hello! Im Jas, im a sophomore, and i have a question. I want to study in the animation field once im in college, But i have multiple things i want to learn aswell other then animation, how do i go about that? i also need help managing my money and emotions, any advice?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dorian252 views

3D Animation is tough to get into, besides making my own on Source Film Maker and Blender, What would be a good program to learn?

I have been learning to animate in Source Film Maker and have done a little of Blender, the two best free programs I could get my hands on. I still want to learn more about programs that the bigger companies use such as Dreamworks, Disney, Microsoft, etc.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yili240 views

What is the daily life of a 2d animator be like?

Do they just draw the whole day and put the work together?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yili208 views

What are some difficulties for an animator?

Like workload, salary and when creating the artwork

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yili290 views

What skills are required for an animator?

How could I develop those skills?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yili215 views

What are some online resources for learning 2d - animation and drawing?

Like tutorial video/channels, website with references

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yili328 views

What do I need to become an animator?

I am currently a senior in high school, what courses will I need in college in order to be an animator?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ellie324 views

Is it worth it getting an associates in illustration?

I am a high school student who is working on getting my bachelors in communications integrated with media management through dual enrollment. Since I will be graduating college two years early, I am trying to think about more schooling options. I love art and I think illustration will pair well with my major. I was thinking I could get my associates in illustration online after I get my bachelors so I can get a more artistic and creative job. Would this be a good option or should I look at something else?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon