Career Questions tagged Animation

Seraphine J.’s Avatar
Seraphine J. Nov 05 32 views

What's it like to be an animator?

I always like to do art and tell stories. So I thought why not become an animator. #film #art...

#animation

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Nov 11 54 views

What kind of education do I need in order to become a Cartoonist?

I’ve always liked to draw, and watch cartoons. Plus, there was someone who inspired me to become a Cartoonist, Craig McCracken!! He is a cartoonist, and as I watched one of his shows, I fell in love with his animation and design, and it looked really colorful that I couldn’t help but beg to...

#cartoonist #design #animation #cartoon #career

Nathaniel D.’s Avatar
Nathaniel D. Nov 05 32 views

What careers are available in voice acting or Animation?

I am a student who has watched animation and shows almost all my life and have been fascinated by people who voice act. I want to try it and see if I'm any good. I also would like to know animation as well. #acting #professional #voiceacting...

#animation

Lani L.’s Avatar
Lani L. Oct 29 47 views
Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 42 views

What are the work conditions, hours, and salary for concept artists/illustrators and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and recently made a big decision to change my career path back to art, which is what I've wanted to do since I was little. I want to be a concept artist and major in illustration. #art #artist #arts #animation #illustration...

#conceptartist

Eloy D.’s Avatar
Eloy D. Sep 29 150 views
Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04 125 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#arts #career-choice #artist #general #animation #the-arts #art

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 130 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 91 views

Are demo reels neciasry for all good animation colleagues

I want to confirm this question since I'm pretty sure but I want to double check #college #animation...

#animator

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 77 views

How do I transition from short animations to long ones

So I do alot of animation memes (these if you dont know are short animations often going to a song of some kind sometimes depicting a short story) and I am nervous because for a demo reel I need to have more detalied/perfosional work but I cant really see myself getting out of doing short ones...

#student #animation #animator

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jul 11 162 views

What are some tips for starting a career in animation?

What skills, knowledge, and background must I have? #animation #art...

#artist

Benjamin S.’s Avatar
Benjamin S. May 02 200 views

Is developing a friend network really essential in order to become more successful?

Practicing artist as well as an aspiring animator and game developer. #artist #game-design...

#animation

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 05 164 views
taylor D.’s Avatar
taylor D. Jan 24 134 views

what does professional software development experience mean?

i wanna work at valve but they need someone with 4+ years professional software development experience and i don't know what that mean i wanna be a Game Development Software Engineer #video-games #animation #programming...

#engineer

zaid A.’s Avatar
zaid A. Dec 19, 2019 157 views
Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. Dec 12, 2019 217 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#artist #college #animation #job #art #career

Chelsea P.’s Avatar
Chelsea P. Dec 12, 2019 134 views

What steps do I have to take to become an animator?

I like art and I doodle all the time, and I’ve always been told I should become an animator. What are some steps I can take to become one? #art #artist...

#animation

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 96 views

What is the averge amount of decent animation i should have before colleague

Hi ive been animateing for 2 years and its decent but everyone else is so much better so im wondering to calm my nerves if i animate from 13 to when i get to colleague do i have a good chance of getting in? #animation #art...

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 115 views

How many years of animation should i have before going into a colleague

Hi im 14 years old and im wondering how many years should i have in animation before i enter a animation colleague. I ask this because im worried that because indont animate that well yet i might not get accepted :( #animation #art #animation #job #design...

#artist

Penelope G.’s Avatar
Penelope G. Nov 14, 2019 123 views
Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 194 views

Where is the highest job rate for a computer animator?

Where is the computer animator job highest #computer-science #computer #animation...

#job-application

Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 131 views

How much money does a computer animator make?

I want to know what the average salary of a computer animator #computer-science # #salary...

#animation

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 116 views

What are some tips to give to new animators?

What are some tips or advise in general that will benefit new animators in the long run for this career? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#personal-development

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 113 views

What traits and attitude should an animator have?

What kinds of traits/attitudes are looked for in an animator? How do overall personality traits affect one person when they are being looked at from a business point of view? #animation #art...

#artist