Career Questions tagged Animation

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Aug 03 35 views

How do you become an animator and illustrator at the same time?

So, I read a Q&A from a professional Background (BG) Artist a few days ago. The BG said "a illustration skills don’t always translate to animation." So, it made me wonder more about the differences between the two fields. They're both art-based careers, yet there's some differences I...

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Aug 03 76 views

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project. The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is...

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Jul 31 64 views

How to choose which animation specialization to study?

Hello! I'm interested in having a career in animation. When I started looking at animation more closely, I thought "animator", "producer", and "director" were the only job titles you could have. Turns out there's many different jobs to choose from. However, I have no idea which area to...

Aaliyah H.’s Avatar
Aaliyah H. Jul 22 114 views

Animation industry

I stepped away from an art college because it was extremely overwhelming, it was super competitive and the workload left me in tons of panic attacks. I also couldn't afford the tuition. Its been awhile (cause of covid) and now im thinking of going back to community for two years to start my...

Brandon T.’s Avatar
Brandon T. May 17 107 views

What do I need to do to become a videogame animator

I am a Freshman and have a good understanding on videogame designing, however; I want to know what to do on how to make cut scenes, movement and attacking animations, ect. I know how to code it into the game just don't know if I should take animation, 3d-animation or something else

dylan B.’s Avatar
dylan B. May 13 180 views

I like to use computers and i would like to learn how to animate digitally how schools might be good for me

I would like to better learn how to animate or 2d or 3d digitally what might be some good schools

Khriz S.’s Avatar
Khriz S. May 11 117 views

How exactly do you do special effects?

1. how do you exactly do special effects?

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. May 09 113 views

what exactly is modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, set design, special effects?

I know it used in movies and social media sometimes to create human looking objects feel alive but what do you have to do for each like, what is rendering and why is it important what is the importance of texturing? that's what I wanna know what is the point of each of the things listed and...

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. May 06 100 views

what is the hardest task of being an animator?

I'm researching special, effects artist and animator. They create special effects or animations using film, video, computers, or other electronics animation to make a character feel real and alive in a way.

Jesua S.’s Avatar
Jesua S. Apr 04 88 views

How often do animation studios look for new employees?

the frequency that studios usually hire new workers, in this case animators or artists

Jesua S.’s Avatar
Jesua S. Apr 04 86 views

Are degrees a major requirement in animation?

I have heard you don't really need a degree in animation to work as an animator, but some jobs do require them. I'm curious to know whether you really need one or not.

Voc E.’s Avatar
Voc E. Mar 02 115 views

How can you make special effects of kids turning into animated versions of themselves?

I like stories where live action kid actors become cartoons of themselves #actor #actor

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Feb 07 180 views

Which College has Animation classes?

So, the reason I’m asking this is because since I want to become a Cartoonist, I’m just wondering what kind of college has Animation/ Cartooning classes. #animation #college #art #cartoonist

Jesua S.’s Avatar
Jesua S. Feb 01 322 views

What kind of problems do animators face in their jobs?

It could be struggles with mental health, overwork, low pay or anything in general to give me a vague idea to things I need to keep an eye on before entering the industry. [some advice on what is expected of me while I work would also be helpful] #animation #artist #art

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Nov 10, 2021 173 views

How can you turn a live action person into animation?

I notice this topic on movies, tv shows, and commercials.# #animation

Isa R.’s Avatar
Isa R. Oct 26, 2021 158 views

What is a good starting point for someone who wants to be an animator?

I am a high school senior who is interested in animation. #animation

Gianna M.’s Avatar
Gianna M. Oct 15, 2021 246 views

What does the average day look like for a 3D computer animator and/or advertiser?

I am currently an art student in high school, and I've always wanted to go into an artistic career. I was thinking about graphic designing, but I want to take it a step further and pursue a career where I animate, specifically advertisement commercials or even in movies or television shows....

Sharon Y.’s Avatar
Sharon Y. Sep 29, 2021 386 views

How many hours do Fine Artists work on an average?

I like #drawing #design #artist #art #animation

Hana M.’s Avatar
Hana M. Sep 23, 2021 208 views

What is it like being able to create constantly.

#art #acting #technology #directing #movies #animation #news #camera

Xanth O.’s Avatar
Xanth O. Sep 22, 2021 192 views

Can animators work from home?

My parents have worked from home my entire life, my dad doing caregiver work and my mom being a sales representative. I was wondering if that same privilege is given to animators? #animation #career

Zion O.’s Avatar
Zion O. Sep 21, 2021 292 views

I wanna be a successful animator,author ,comic artist, and actor so I have what it takes?

My favorite color is red n black.
My favorite food is pizza
N Im tryna be a animator someday #communication #art #animator #animation #design

Aaron U.’s Avatar
Aaron U. Sep 16, 2021 238 views

What role in an animation takes does the most work?

I like animation and anime. #animation #design #artist #art #digital-design

Aaron U.’s Avatar
Aaron U. Sep 16, 2021 168 views

What are the different roles in an animation team?

I like animation and anime. #animation

David S.’s Avatar
David S. Sep 10, 2021 244 views

What should I do to improve my art skills on digital and paper?

#animation #art #fine-art I wanna be an animator and I am just 15 trying to accomplish my goals.

Eryx L.’s Avatar
Eryx L. Sep 09, 2021 195 views

How can I effectively use timing in animation?

I am not sure when a character or object should move in some situations. #animation

Sona A.’s Avatar
Sona A. Sep 09, 2021 218 views

Is it a good idea to start small and post animations on YouTube?

I see a lot of animators start off small on YouTube or other social medias, but those situations are quick to follow with some drama of someone stealing their art or people being harshly critiqued over their work. Does social media discourage young artists, or is it a good opportunity to start...

Sona A.’s Avatar
Sona A. Sep 09, 2021 231 views

My question was regarding the internships for high schoolers that might be good to start with

As a high schooler who is the middle of developing my skill, I was wondering if there were some internship positions out there that would help with getting better at what I do, which is traditional 2D animation. Things that will help me develop.
#animation #internship #highschool

Eryx L.’s Avatar
Eryx L. Sep 09, 2021 248 views

What are some ways to practice posture and movements in animation?

I am having trouble and need help #animation

Aren T.’s Avatar
Aren T. Sep 09, 2021 247 views

how long does it usually take to get experienced in 3d animation

iv'e been doing modeling in blender since 2018 and iv'e started to learn 3d animation and would like to know more and what it takes to be experienced too, #3d-animation #animation #3D #design #artist #graphic-design #art #video-games

Xanth O.’s Avatar
Xanth O. Sep 09, 2021 292 views

What's the best company or college to apply to as an animator?

I know all the big names like Disney hire a small army of animators, but how well do they treat them? Same with Pixar, Dreamworks, or anyone else. Also colleges are a big concern of mine since I want to go to a college that has a good animation program, so my time and effort won't be wasted....