Career Questions tagged Animation

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Nov 11, 2020 249 views

What kind of education do I need in order to become a Cartoonist?

I’ve always liked to draw, and watch cartoons since I was in Preschool. It feels like Cartooning is the perfect career for me. In fact, there was someone who inspired me to become a Cartoonist in the first place, Craig McCracken!! He is a cartoonist, and not only was I inspired by him, but...

#cartoonist #career #design #animation #cartoon

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 28 views

Will I end up drawing all my animations before I'm able to animate them for Disney?

Hi! I'm Ms. Lambert at the International Community School. My 4th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! #artist #animation...

#film

Angela N.’s Avatar
Angela N. Dec 14, 2020 92 views

What are some free programs you can use for editing digital illustrations and animation?

I currently use Autodesk Sketchbook, but I am unsure of what free programs I can use to edit my videos of illustrations.. #art #animation #digital #illustration...

#programs

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 10, 2020 104 views

What kind of business career opportunities are there animation studios?

Hi all! I'm a graduating college next spring with a degree in business-marketing. I'm looking into a career that marries my business degree with industries that I am passionate about like animation (think DreamWorks, Pixar, Disney, Japanese animation). I don't have the artistic technical skills...

#disney #animation #art #drawing #anime #studios

Eloy D.’s Avatar
Eloy D. Sep 29, 2020 521 views
Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04, 2020 167 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Benjamin S.’s Avatar
Benjamin S. May 02, 2020 240 views

Is developing a friend network really essential in order to become more successful?

Practicing artist as well as an aspiring animator and game developer. #artist #game-design...

#animation

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 05, 2020 186 views
taylor D.’s Avatar
taylor D. Jan 24, 2020 155 views

what does professional software development experience mean?

i wanna work at valve but they need someone with 4+ years professional software development experience and i don't know what that mean i wanna be a Game Development Software Engineer #video-games #animation #programming...

#engineer

zaid A.’s Avatar
zaid A. Dec 19, 2019 210 views
Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. Dec 12, 2019 255 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#career #art #artist #animation #college #job

Chelsea P.’s Avatar
Chelsea P. Dec 12, 2019 156 views

What steps do I have to take to become an animator?

I like art and I doodle all the time, and I’ve always been told I should become an animator. What are some steps I can take to become one? #art #artist...

#animation

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 126 views

What is the averge amount of decent animation i should have before colleague

Hi ive been animateing for 2 years and its decent but everyone else is so much better so im wondering to calm my nerves if i animate from 13 to when i get to colleague do i have a good chance of getting in? #animation #art...

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Nov 16, 2019 140 views

How many years of animation should i have before going into a colleague

Hi im 14 years old and im wondering how many years should i have in animation before i enter a animation colleague. I ask this because im worried that because indont animate that well yet i might not get accepted :( #animation #art #animation #job #design...

#artist

Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 229 views
Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 146 views

How much money does a computer animator make?

I want to know what the average salary of a computer animator #computer-science # #salary...

#animation

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 129 views

What are some tips to give to new animators?

What are some tips or advise in general that will benefit new animators in the long run for this career? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#personal-development

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 177 views

What traits and attitude should an animator have?

What kinds of traits/attitudes are looked for in an animator? How do overall personality traits affect one person when they are being looked at from a business point of view? #animation #art...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 150 views

How should you get started as an upcoming animator?

Are there certain things new animators should be looking out for when they begin to transfer themselves into a bigger world of art? How would one know where to begin on their journey? #animation #art #design #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 141 views

How do you get started in the animation industry?

Is there anyway you can describe how or what it is like in general when making your debut in the animation industry? Is there any specific process? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 165 views

What is it like in the animation industry?

For those who are in the animation industry, what is it like for a day in your life? For example, how do you go about your day usually? What are the tasks you have at hand when assigned a small/big project? Is it easy being in this industry? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#artist

Celena C.’s Avatar
Celena C. Oct 03, 2019 146 views

For Animators: How long does it take to finish a movie scene/project?

I am a Job Corps student that is working so hard to become an animator! I have several questions I would love to ask that I would love to hear from animators that could give me some time of their day to give me advice. It would mean so much to me, and maybe someday I would love to work with any...

#animation #career #artist #design

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 12, 2019 168 views
Frank R.’s Avatar
Frank R. Sep 10, 2019 172 views

What animation software, terms, and techniques should i have knowledge of?

I only know a few animation terms and i wish to learn what i must know before applying to become an animator. #animation #video-games...

#art