Career Questions tagged Cartoons

Kimberly S.’s Avatar
Kimberly S. Jan 10, 2018

What can I do to become a cartoon creator?

I'm asking this question because I'm kind of interested in cartoons and I would maybe like to make my own cartoon show one day. #animation #cartoons #cartooning...

#art

Aurora O.’s Avatar
Aurora O. Mar 24, 2018

Is a degree important for being a cartoonist?

Is a degree in illustration or graphic design or sequential arts necessary for a career in comics? Or could I just have a decent portfolio to prove my talents? #cartoons #comic-books...

#cartooning

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jan 22, 2018

How do you break in into the cartoon industry?

One of my dreams is to write a cartoon, and I wanted to know how one would go about doing that. To clarify, I have little to no drawing skills, and I was wondering if there were any jobs that were strictly writing. #cartoons...

#dreamjob

AJ C.’s Avatar
AJ C. Jan 22, 2018

How long would it take to hone your drawing skills?

Hi! I'm a female 16-year-old 11th grader, and I have a big interest in character/concept designing for cartoons/videogames. How long does it usually take to master and be confident in drawing human figures and landscapes? And how difficult is it to create a new and creative concept? What...

#video-games #art #cartoons #character-design #concept-design #drawing

Kia W.’s Avatar
Kia W. May 18, 2016

What is the hardest part in being an animator and multimedia artist?

I want to major in animation and visual effects and become an animator and multimedia artist but I have my preconceived notions about the career path. I want to get some insight from people who have decided on this career. #career-counseling #film #animation...

#cartoons

Ryan  E.’s Avatar
Ryan E. Mar 08, 2017

What are some colleges that revolve more around arts and getting students started with animation?

I'm considering becoming a storyboard artist for kids cartoons and new animated films, but I'm not sure where I should go to learn the skills that I would need. My main objective is to get a bachelors degree in arts, but I want to know which colleges are better for becoming a cartoonist....

#2d-animation #animation #bachelors-degree #fine-art #cartoons #artist

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Sep 11, 2015

What jobs can I get as an art major??

I am thinking of majoring in art I like drawing and illustrating but what what can I do from there? #creative #love #cartoons...

#draw

Leigh L.’s Avatar
Leigh L. Mar 24, 2015

What types of jobs are available at Adult Swim?

I was thinking about working on the production team of The Boondocks, and I just wanted to know what a person could do if they wanted to work there? #art...

#cartoons

Leigh L.’s Avatar
Leigh L. Mar 24, 2015

What types of majors should a person take if they would like to work at Cartoon Network, ABC, or MTV?

I'm very interested working in the entertainment industry, especially in terms of animation and producing, and I would like to know which path I should take in terms of majors. #producer #cartoons...

#television-production