Career Questions tagged Cartoons

Mercedes K.’s Avatar
Mercedes K. Aug 24, 2021 191 views

Blogging?....

Hello. This post is connected to my previous questions that I've asked. How exactly do I start blogging? I gave a couple of things that I'm interested in such as travelling, writing, nutrition, I enjoy watching cartoons, etc . But what would be the step to step process for starting a...

career blogging writing travel blog media blogs nutrition writer travelling cartoon write cartoons

Kimberly S.’s Avatar
Kimberly S. Jan 10, 2018 1245 views

What can I do to become a cartoon creator?

I'm asking this question because I'm kind of interested in cartoons and I would maybe like to make my own cartoon show one day. Animation cartoons cartooning...

art

Aurora O.’s Avatar
Aurora O. Mar 24, 2018 358 views

Is a degree important for being a cartoonist?

Is a degree in illustration or graphic design or sequential arts necessary for a career in comics? Or could I just have a decent portfolio to prove my talents? cartoons comic-books...

cartooning

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jan 22, 2018 280 views

How do you break in into the cartoon industry?

One of my dreams is to write a cartoon, and I wanted to know how one would go about doing that. To clarify, I have little to no drawing skills, and I was wondering if there were any jobs that were strictly writing. cartoons...

dreamjob

AJ C.’s Avatar
AJ C. Jan 22, 2018 394 views

How long would it take to hone your drawing skills?

Hi! I'm a female 16-year-old 11th grader, and I have a big interest in character/concept designing for cartoons/videogames. How long does it usually take to master and be confident in drawing human figures and landscapes? And how difficult is it to create a new and creative concept? What...

character-design video-games drawing concept-design art cartoons

Kia W.’s Avatar
Kia W. May 18, 2016 1611 views

What is the hardest part in being an animator and multimedia artist?

I want to major in animation and visual effects and become an animator and multimedia artist but I have my preconceived notions about the career path. I want to get some insight from people who have decided on this career. career-counseling film animation...

cartoons

Ryan  E.’s Avatar
Ryan E. Mar 08, 2017 724 views

What are some colleges that revolve more around arts and getting students started with animation?

I'm considering becoming a storyboard artist for kids cartoons and new animated films, but I'm not sure where I should go to learn the skills that I would need. My main objective is to get a bachelors degree in arts, but I want to know which colleges are better for becoming a cartoonist....

2d-animation artist bachelors-degree animation fine-art cartoons

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Sep 11, 2015 1323 views

What jobs can I get as an art major??

I am thinking of majoring in art I like drawing and illustrating but what what can I do from there? creative love cartoons...

draw

Leigh L.’s Avatar
Leigh L. Mar 24, 2015 995 views

What types of jobs are available at Adult Swim?

I was thinking about working on the production team of The Boondocks, and I just wanted to know what a person could do if they wanted to work there? art...

cartoons

Leigh L.’s Avatar
Leigh L. Mar 24, 2015 816 views

What types of majors should a person take if they would like to work at Cartoon Network, ABC, or MTV?

I'm very interested working in the entertainment industry, especially in terms of animation and producing, and I would like to know which path I should take in terms of majors. producer cartoons...

television-production