Career Questions tagged Nutrition

Mei Man F.’s Avatar
Mei Man F. Sep 16 88 views

How to know which career fits me?

I am interested in lots of career field. I want to do things that is related to art, food science, or medical. career arts medicine...

nutrition

Dahlia G.’s Avatar
Dahlia G. Sep 15 41 views

What's your favorite part of your job as a dietitian?

I am a senior at Grundy Center, I enjoy being active and working out. I have a big passion for these things and think a career in dietetics would be suiting. I plan on going to Iowa State and getting my masters in this field. nutrition...

dietitian

Dahlia G.’s Avatar
Dahlia G. Sep 10 50 views

Where all can you work with a masters in dietetics?

I am a senior at Grundy Center, I enjoy being active and working out. I have a big passion for these things and think a career in dietetics would be suiting. I plan on going to Iowa State and get my masters in this field. nutrition...

dietitian

Macy J.’s Avatar
Macy J. Sep 08 127 views

Is there a career that combines both political science and nutrition?

Hi! Im a college student that is interested in both nutrition science and politicla science. I don't want to work in a lab, and wanted to see if theres any career opportunities that combine both of these! science political-science...

nutrition

Mercedes K.’s Avatar
Mercedes K. Aug 24 125 views

Blogging?....

Hello. This post is connected to my previous questions that I've asked. How exactly do I start blogging? I gave a couple of things that I'm interested in such as travelling, writing, nutrition, I enjoy watching cartoons, etc . But what would be the step to step process for starting a...

blogging cartoon writing media travel nutrition blog writer write cartoons blogs travelling career

Mercedes K.’s Avatar
Mercedes K. Jun 16 128 views

What are some suggested careers for someone who is interested in traveling, writing, and nutrition? (Not my only interests but just a few)

I am attending community college right now as a liberal arts major (I am currently in my second year but I have to obtain all of the required classes, credits, and I want to raise my GPA). college career college-major writer writing nutrition travel...

traveling

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. May 13 149 views

How can I combine my interests in psychology and nutrition?

What jobs are available to me? I am majoring in psychology for my BS and my college does not offer nutrition but they do have biology, biochemistry, exercise science, and health science. What should I do? Do I need grad school? psychology...

nutrition

Catarina L.’s Avatar
Catarina L. Nov 18, 2020 267 views

Pharmacist looking for career options in Nutrition

I did a masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences but always had particular interest in Nutrition research. I enrolled in my degree thinking it would make it possible for me to work in Nutrition, but most of the jobs available are only in community pharmacy. Is there any course or degree that I can do...

nutrition pharmacist research science

Linguere J.’s Avatar
Linguere J. Jun 25, 2020 390 views

Hi i al interested in three domains psychology (+++++) nutrition (+++) and management (++++)

clinical-psychology i was thinking about majoring in management and minor in psy or nutrition or majoring in nutrition and minoring in psy And i was thinking if you could pleuhelp me decide which on is more “doable” in terms of time..... money...... concentration.... management psychology...

nutrition college-major

Salma L.’s Avatar
Salma L. Mar 03, 2020 270 views

How can I determine the best major and career path for me that will be beneficial in my future and my family?

Hello! I'm not sure how much information you'd like, so I'll start with some basics. I go to a Christian school as a 10th grader and play travel and school softball as my sport. I love to learn about how to stay healthy and improve the health of mine and others. I am disciplined, independent,...

college nutrition college-major nutritonalscience career

Rimsha B.’s Avatar
Rimsha B. Oct 17, 2019 248 views

What should i choose between nutrition and psychology?

I feel like psychology is an easy subject but on the other hand i am intrested in nutrition as well. I want a complete guide that which majors should i choose. college-major psychology career...

nutrition

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Jul 19, 2018 351 views

What was a typical meal for a medical student during the four years of training?

Medical school is already stressful enough to maintain sanity. Add on top of that with the hassles of eating, how did you prepare meals that were healthy enough for you to maintain your health during those stressful years? Also, what did you eat during those years? health student social...

hospital-and-healthcare school nutrition medicine med-school healthcare doctor

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 435 views

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. medicine doctor hospital-and-health-care nutrition dietician food...

college

K O.’s Avatar
K O. Sep 11, 2018 733 views

Double Major in Psychology & Nutrition?

So, I’m a senior in college & I’m now questioning all of my life decisions. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE psychology. But I’m just now realizing throughout the years I’ve always had such a strong passion for nutrition & I don’t know what to do. My original plan was to go to grad school...

doublemajor confused nutritionist psychologynutrition nutrition college-major psychology career

Katya R.’s Avatar
Katya R. Aug 31, 2018 364 views

Which school has the best Dietetics program?

I am interested in dietetics and would like to know which school would help me the most. nutrition...

career-paths

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Aug 14, 2018 359 views

Feeling indecisive-how'd you decide on your major?

I'm basically torn between graphic design, culinary arts and nutrition. My college doesn't offer minors. Since I took graphic design at vocational school and liked it pretty well, I'm thinking about continuing and learning more. But realistically, I don't do as much drawing as I used to,...

college nutrition majors major school culinaryarts graphic-design

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Aug 05, 2018 396 views

What other jobs can you do with a medical doctorate degree?

I do plan on practicing medicine, but I want to know what other options are at my disposal in case that I do not want to do so anymore. medicine nutrition wellbeing opportunities...

family

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Jan 22, 2018 569 views

Wondering whether or not to get certified.

I'm currently getting a master's in counseling. During my time getting my master's, health has become more important to me and has allowed me to lose a good deal of weight. I still wish to participate in my master's program, but I would also like to get certified in nutrition. I want to be able...

counseling masters nutrition niche

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 337 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

dietitian nutrition wellness holistic

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 06, 2018 278 views

Majors as pre-med?

So I'm going to be a freshman in college this upcoming year, and I am majoring in dietetics. I am really interested in health and medicine especially when it is food related. I love the idea of being a dietitian, but I don't think that it will be challenging enough for me to be happy. I...

science nutrition medicine health doctor

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 465 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

foodscience pharmacy certificate lifestyle pharmacist management healthcare healthy registereddietician minor healthadvocate dietician earlyassurance healthylifestyle nutrition major creighton

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 785 views

Is there an area of pharmacy where you help people decrease or stop taking prescriptions by making lifestyle changes?

I am a HUGE advocate for individual healthy lifestyle management rather than fixing problems with a pill. My dream is to help people become their own health advocates. I want to teach people lifestyle modifications including nutrition, physical activity, and managing medications. I believe...

pharmacy publichealth lifestyle healthadvocate pharmacist management prescriptions health medicine rx society medications medication

William H.’s Avatar
William H. May 10, 2018 344 views

Any good jobs to do while doing a master's in nutrition?

Master's program are more expensive than undergraduate programs. And loan repayment can be annoying. What kind of job or internship would you recommend doing (if possible) while studying nutritional science for a master's degree? Also, how did you stay frugal during those times? nutrition...

clinical-nutrition finance student-debt

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. May 05, 2018 2459 views

Is there a possibility for a pharmacist to specialize in nutrition or become an Registered Dietitian?

My goal is to become a pharmacist that specializes in healthy lifestyle management , which would encompass managing a person's medications along with their lifestyle and nutritional needs. I believe that lifestyle changes can reduce and even prevent risk of diseases or health issues before...

dietician pharmacy nutrition medicine

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018 309 views

Which American universities focus on nutrition in relation to neurobiology?

I am a senior high school student with a several year experience in ecological theory and ecological agriculture. My work has lead me to study how food impacts brain health and development. I already have several mentors, including a neurobiologist, and am looking for more perspectives. I have...

college nutrition medicine ecology research biology neurobiology

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 403 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. fitness...

doctorate-degree nutrition kinesiology science

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Mar 15, 2018 382 views

What is the daily life for nutritionists (inside and outside hospital settings)?

I am interested in nutrition and want to do some work in this field that does not involve just hospital work. Positions can be like manufacturing, handling, dietitian, research, supplements, etc. nutrition clinical-nutrition medical-nutrition-therapy...

diet-and-exercise

kaneez F.’s Avatar
kaneez F. May 06, 2016 577 views

In the future, what is the value of Nutrition Studies?

After I complete school I'm choosing studies. nutrition career college career-counseling...

food

Rebecca V.’s Avatar
Rebecca V. May 06, 2016 620 views

Is a nutritional sciences major in college a strong academic program to be considered for admission into naturopathic medical school?

I plan to complete a nutritional sciences major in college to prepare for naturopathic medical school as I understand that clinical nutrition is one of the key therapies used by Naturopathic Doctors. medicine healthcare nutrition alternative-medicine nutrition science...

hospital-and-health-care