Career Questions tagged Nutrition

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Jul 19, 2018

What was a typical meal for a medical student during the four years of training?

Medical school is already stressful enough to maintain sanity. Add on top of that with the hassles of eating, how did you prepare meals that were healthy enough for you to maintain your health during those stressful years? Also, what did you eat during those years? #health #student #social...

#hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #medicine #healthcare #nutrition #medical #medical-school #med-school #school

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. #medicine #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #nutrition #dietician #food...

K O.’s Avatar
K O. Sep 11, 2018

Double Major in Psychology & Nutrition?

So, I’m a senior in college & I’m now questioning all of my life decisions. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE psychology. But I’m just now realizing throughout the years I’ve always had such a strong passion for nutrition & I don’t know what to do. My original plan was to go to grad school...

#nutrition #doublemajor #psychology #nutritionist #confused #college-major #career #psychologynutrition

Katya R.’s Avatar
Katya R. Aug 31, 2018

Which school has the best Dietetics program?

I am interested in dietetics and would like to know which school would help me the most. #nutrition...

#career-paths

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Aug 14, 2018

Feeling indecisive-how'd you decide on your major?

I'm basically torn between graphic design, culinary arts and nutrition. My college doesn't offer minors. Since I took graphic design at vocational school and liked it pretty well, I'm thinking about continuing and learning more. But realistically, I don't do as much drawing as I used to,...

#school #graphic-design #majors #college #culinaryarts #nutrition #major

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Aug 05, 2018

What other jobs can you do with a medical doctorate degree?

I do plan on practicing medicine, but I want to know what other options are at my disposal in case that I do not want to do so anymore. #medicine #nutrition #wellbeing #opportunities...

#family

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Jan 22, 2018

Wondering whether or not to get certified.

I'm currently getting a master's in counseling. During my time getting my master's, health has become more important to me and has allowed me to lose a good deal of weight. I still wish to participate in my master's program, but I would also like to get certified in nutrition. I want to be able...

#niche #counseling #nutrition #masters

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

#holistic #nutrition #wellness #dietitian

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 06, 2018

Majors as pre-med?

So I'm going to be a freshman in college this upcoming year, and I am majoring in dietetics. I am really interested in health and medicine especially when it is food related. I love the idea of being a dietitian, but I don't think that it will be challenging enough for me to be happy. I...

#science #health #doctor #medicine #nutrition

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

#lifestyle #certificate #registereddietician #major #earlyassurance #dietician #healthylifestyle #healthadvocate #pharmacy #healthy #healthcare #nutrition #minor #foodscience #creighton #management #pharmacist

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018

Is there an area of pharmacy where you help people decrease or stop taking prescriptions by making lifestyle changes?

I am a HUGE advocate for individual healthy lifestyle management rather than fixing problems with a #pill. My #dream is to help people become their own health advocates. I want to teach people lifestyle modifications including #nutrition, #physical activity, and managing medications. I believe...

#rx #publichealth #lifestyle #medicine #medications #society #health #medication #management #healthadvocate #pharmacy #pharmacist #prescriptions

William H.’s Avatar
William H. May 10, 2018

Any good jobs to do while doing a master's in nutrition?

Master's program are more expensive than undergraduate programs. And loan repayment can be annoying. What kind of job or internship would you recommend doing (if possible) while studying nutritional science for a master's degree? Also, how did you stay frugal during those times? #nutrition...

#clinical-nutrition #finance #student-debt

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. May 05, 2018

Is there a possibility for a pharmacist to specialize in nutrition or become an Registered Dietitian?

My goal is to become a #pharmacist that specializes in #healthy #lifestyle management , which would encompass managing a person's #medications along with their lifestyle and #nutritional needs. I believe that lifestyle changes can reduce and even prevent risk of diseases or health issues before...

#medicine #nutrition #pharmacy #dietician

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018

Which American universities focus on nutrition in relation to neurobiology?

I am a senior high school student with a several year experience in ecological theory and ecological agriculture. My work has lead me to study how food impacts brain health and development. I already have several mentors, including a neurobiologist, and am looking for more perspectives. I have...

#research #neurobiology #college #ecology #medicine #nutrition #biology

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...

#science #kinesiology #nutrition #doctorate-degree

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Mar 15, 2018

What is the daily life for nutritionists (inside and outside hospital settings)?

I am interested in nutrition and want to do some work in this field that does not involve just hospital work. Positions can be like manufacturing, handling, dietitian, research, supplements, etc. #nutrition #clinical-nutrition #medical-nutrition-therapy...

#diet-and-exercise

kaneez F.’s Avatar
kaneez F. May 06, 2016

In the future, what is the value of Nutrition Studies?

After I complete school I'm choosing studies. #nutrition #career #college #career-counseling...

#food

Rebecca V.’s Avatar
Rebecca V. May 06, 2016

Is a nutritional sciences major in college a strong academic program to be considered for admission into naturopathic medical school?

I plan to complete a nutritional sciences major in college to prepare for naturopathic medical school as I understand that clinical nutrition is one of the key therapies used by Naturopathic Doctors. #medicine #medical #healthcare #nutrition #alternative-medicine #nutrition #science...

#hospital-and-health-care

Alexis M.’s Avatar
Alexis M. Oct 24, 2016

I have worked with horses for 10 years now and I really want to pursue a career involving horses. What would be the best job (best salary, best job outlook, etc) in the horse field?

Like I said, I have been working with horse for about ten years now. I have always taken a special interest in all animals, but horses hold a special place in my heart. I am in high school currently and I am looking at my future career options. I want to do the best of the best jobs with...

#horses #veterinary #career-details #nutrition #financial-planning #genetics #equine

Meghan  M.’s Avatar
Meghan M. May 12, 2016

How much is a nutritionist salary?

I am interested in healthy living and nutrition and I was wondering how much nutritionist make because I might consider it as a career choice #nutrition...

#financial-planning

Jonathan F.’s Avatar
Jonathan F. Nov 10, 2016

Matching Nutrition and Psychology

I grew up in a little village called Alhuemilla, Chile. Growing up we almost never went to the store to buy food because we grew our own. Fruits and vegetables was always part of our diet. Because of this life style we never got sick from anything.I never went to a hospital. Coming to America I...

#medical-nutrition-therapy #psychotherapy #nutrition #neuroscience

Dominique O.’s Avatar
Dominique O. Oct 30, 2016

Could I switch between two professions/jobs?

I was thinking of double majoring in nutrition and music, because I love both subjects so much and want to have both in my life. Would it be possible to switch between the two if one career path does not work out? I want to audition for a music company and be a trainee, but that would require a...

#music #career-choice #music-industry #career-change #nutrition #career-path #double-major #career

Dominique O.’s Avatar
Dominique O. Oct 30, 2016

What would be the daily life of a vegan registered dietitian?

I want to become a registered dietitian when I finish college but my diet is different from the majority of the population: I am a vegan. Would I have to conform to give advice and counseling to clients who follow the standard american diet? Or could I give them advice based on studies that...

#job-search #food #science #jobs #nutrition #career #career-development

Jesse R.’s Avatar
Jesse R. Aug 31, 2016

Pursuing a degree in Epidemiology - Is this possible?

Hello! I am currently a fourth year student studying Nutritional Sciences. After interning this past summer in a dietitians office, I am having second thoughts on my field of study and would appreciate some guidance or any help you may have to offer. A little bit of background info about me.....

#epidemiology #nutrition #nutritional-epidemiology #masters-degree

Aafia J.’s Avatar
Aafia J. Jun 28, 2016

My sister is studying in class 12. After this she want to get a degree in Bachelor in Nutrition. What are the career opportunities?

Hi I am a class 9 student. Here I have a question on behalf of my sister, who just completed her +12 with Bi.P.C. She wants to pursue her Degree in B.Sc. Nutrition. What is the scope of Nutrition? #nutrition #clinical-nutrition...

#medical-nutrition-therapy

Harsh W.’s Avatar
Harsh W. Jun 23, 2016

I want to pursue my career in Culinary arts, but my mom says that men should do something sustaining like Engineering, Medicine etc. How can i convince her.

I am from India and mothers here have a very traditional approach to life. I am not sure if she will ever allow me to pursue my dreams. Please give me a solid explanation to convince her. Thank you. #chef #masters #cooking #nutrition #cooking-and-baking #cooking-healthy-meals...

#gourmet-cooking

Alejandra Q.’s Avatar
Alejandra Q. May 20, 2016

Can the particles of energy in food and water hold consciousness?

According to cell biology, you are what you eat. Does the vibration of energy in particles of food and water have an affect on the way my cells are composed? #doctor #nutrition #cell-biology #energy #atoms...

#consciousness

Alejandra Q.’s Avatar
Alejandra Q. May 20, 2016

What is the best way to engage with a philanthropist?

I am interested in starting a project which integrates sustainable buisness practices, nutrition, and community involvement. #nutrition #ecology #community...

#sustainability

Caitlin  M.’s Avatar
Caitlin M. May 16, 2016

How to get a head start in becoming a dietitian?

Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am going to be a sophomore in college. I just went and enrolled at Kansas state University and when I talked to my advisor she told me that this is a very competitive field. I have gone and job shadowed and I know this is exactly what I want to do. I just need...

#dietetics #diet #nutritionist #nutrition #dietitian