Career Questions tagged Nutrition

Emoni N.’s Avatar
Emoni N. May 18 156 views

How can I break into the nutritional field?

I would like to be a nutritionist but I don't know where to start? any suggestion on schools? certifications I should earn? or even type of things I should research for?

Helen F.’s Avatar
Helen F. Apr 03 137 views

Do you recommend students to double-major?

I have a career goal and know what my passion is but I’d also like to study something that I like at college (eg. design). What should I do?

Helen F.’s Avatar
Helen F. Apr 03 147 views

What can I do with a bachelor’s degree in nutrition?

I am an incoming freshman at UC Berkeley and will be majoring in nutritional science.

Ruveyda A.’s Avatar
Ruveyda A. Oct 27, 2021 146 views

What is the best undergraduate program for Naturopathic medicine?

I am interested in nutrition, biology, psychology and chemistry. #medicine #doctor #naturopath #nutrition

Jeannette W.’s Avatar
Jeannette W. Oct 27, 2021 179 views

Any food advice for a female CDL with IBS?

#cdl #truckdriver #transportation I'm a 19 year old female hoping to become a truck driver. I'm going to get my CDL while in Jobcorps #nutrition

Helen F.’s Avatar
Helen F. Sep 16, 2021 209 views

How to know which career fits me?

I am interested in lots of career field. I want to do things that is related to art, food science, or medical. #career #arts #medicine #nutrition

Dahlia G.’s Avatar
Dahlia G. Sep 15, 2021 196 views

What's your favorite part of your job as a dietitian?

I am a senior at Grundy Center, I enjoy being active and working out. I have a big passion for these things and think a career in dietetics would be suiting. I plan on going to Iowa State and getting my masters in this field. #nutrition #dietitian

Dahlia G.’s Avatar
Dahlia G. Sep 10, 2021 186 views

Where all can you work with a masters in dietetics?

I am a senior at Grundy Center, I enjoy being active and working out. I have a big passion for these things and think a career in dietetics would be suiting. I plan on going to Iowa State and get my masters in this field. #nutrition #dietitian

Macy J.’s Avatar
Macy J. Sep 08, 2021 277 views

Is there a career that combines both political science and nutrition?

Hi! Im a college student that is interested in both nutrition science and politicla science. I don't want to work in a lab, and wanted to see if theres any career opportunities that combine both of these!
#science #political-science #nutrition

Mercedes K.’s Avatar
Mercedes K. Aug 24, 2021 278 views

Blogging?....

Hello. This post is connected to my previous questions that I've asked. How exactly do I start blogging? I gave a couple of things that I'm interested in such as travelling, writing, nutrition, I enjoy watching cartoons, etc . But what would be the step to step process for starting a...

R F.’s Avatar
R F. Jul 21, 2021 282 views

Hi I want to become a dietician. Would you let me know which all colleges in Trivandrum offers me a suitable course connected with food.

I plan to take a bsc course related to food/nutrition/dietetics in Trivandrum #food and #nutrition #dietician #bsc #under-graduate #science

Mercedes K.’s Avatar
Mercedes K. Jun 16, 2021 261 views

What are some suggested careers for someone who is interested in traveling, writing, and nutrition? (Not my only interests but just a few)

I am attending community college right now as a liberal arts major (I am currently in my second year but I have to obtain all of the required classes, credits, and I want to raise my GPA). #college #career #college-major #writer #writing #nutrition #travel #traveling

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. May 13, 2021 328 views

How can I combine my interests in psychology and nutrition?

What jobs are available to me?
I am majoring in psychology for my BS and my college does not offer nutrition but they do have biology, biochemistry, exercise science, and health science. What should I do? Do I need grad school?
#psychology #nutrition

Catarina L.’s Avatar
Catarina L. Nov 18, 2020 432 views

Pharmacist looking for career options in Nutrition

I did a masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences but always had particular interest in Nutrition research. I enrolled in my degree thinking it would make it possible for me to work in Nutrition, but most of the jobs available are only in community pharmacy. Is there any course or degree that I can do...

Linguere J.’s Avatar
Linguere J. Jun 25, 2020 492 views

Hi i al interested in three domains psychology (+++++) nutrition (+++) and management (++++)

#clinical-psychology i was thinking about majoring in management and minor in psy or nutrition or majoring in nutrition and minoring in psy And i was thinking if you could pleuhelp me decide which on is more “doable” in terms of time..... money...... concentration.... #management #psychology...

Salma L.’s Avatar
Salma L. Mar 03, 2020 380 views

How can I determine the best major and career path for me that will be beneficial in my future and my family?

Hello! I'm not sure how much information you'd like, so I'll start with some basics. I go to a Christian school as a 10th grader and play travel and school softball as my sport. I love to learn about how to stay healthy and improve the health of mine and others. I am disciplined, independent,...

Rimsha B.’s Avatar
Rimsha B. Oct 17, 2019 373 views

What should i choose between nutrition and psychology?

I feel like psychology is an easy subject but on the other hand i am intrested in nutrition as well. I want a complete guide that which majors should i choose.
#college-major #psychology #career #nutrition

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 647 views

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. #medicine #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #nutrition #dietician #food #college

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Sep 27, 2018 483 views

What can I get involved in to help my application to a dietetics program look better?

#college #science #college-selection #internship #dietetics #nutrition

K O.’s Avatar
K O. Sep 11, 2018 988 views

Double Major in Psychology & Nutrition?

So, I’m a senior in college & I’m now questioning all of my life decisions. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE psychology. But I’m just now realizing throughout the years I’ve always had such a strong passion for nutrition & I don’t know what to do. My original plan was to go to grad school...

Katya R.’s Avatar
Katya R. Aug 31, 2018 464 views

Which school has the best Dietetics program?

I am interested in dietetics and would like to know which school would help me the most.
#nutrition #career-paths

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Aug 14, 2018 485 views

Feeling indecisive-how'd you decide on your major?

I'm basically torn between graphic design, culinary arts and nutrition. My college doesn't offer minors. Since I took graphic design at vocational school and liked it pretty well, I'm thinking about continuing and learning more. But realistically, I don't do as much drawing as I used to,...

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Aug 05, 2018 528 views

What other jobs can you do with a medical doctorate degree?

I do plan on practicing medicine, but I want to know what other options are at my disposal in case that I do not want to do so anymore. #medicine #nutrition #wellbeing #opportunities #family

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 535 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Jul 19, 2018 417 views

What was a typical meal for a medical student during the four years of training?

Medical school is already stressful enough to maintain sanity. Add on top of that with the hassles of eating, how did you prepare meals that were healthy enough for you to maintain your health during those stressful years? Also, what did you eat during those years? #health #student #social...

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 06, 2018 361 views

Majors as pre-med?

So I'm going to be a freshman in college this upcoming year, and I am majoring in dietetics. I am really interested in health and medicine especially when it is food related. I love the idea of being a dietitian, but I don't think that it will be challenging enough for me to be happy. I...

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 591 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 934 views

Is there an area of pharmacy where you help people decrease or stop taking prescriptions by making lifestyle changes?

I am a HUGE advocate for individual healthy lifestyle management rather than fixing problems with a #pill. My #dream is to help people become their own health advocates. I want to teach people lifestyle modifications including #nutrition, #physical activity, and managing medications. I believe...

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. May 05, 2018 3333 views

Is there a possibility for a pharmacist to specialize in nutrition or become an Registered Dietitian?

My goal is to become a #pharmacist that specializes in #healthy #lifestyle management , which would encompass managing a person's #medications along with their lifestyle and #nutritional needs. I believe that lifestyle changes can reduce and even prevent risk of diseases or health issues before...

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 628 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...