Career Questions tagged Interests

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 237 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

#choosing-a-major #wildlife-biology #liberal-arts #psychology #interests #conservation #choosing-major #marketing #majors-and-minors #choosing-a-career #business #choosing-a-minor

Marie H.’s Avatar
Marie H. Mar 27, 2018 185 views

How can one find their interests?

Colleges always ask prospects for their top interests and expect them to know which field they would like to study in. Unfortunately, the majority of students have no idea what they are truly interested in or have a passion in. This being said, how can study better prepare themselves for the...

#interests #life #accepted #college #life-prep

Dayne V.’s Avatar
Dayne V. Feb 06, 2018 267 views

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

#food #psychology #environment #prospects #interests #travel #hospitality #career #business

Lisa  M.’s Avatar
Lisa M. Apr 09, 2015 2754 views

How many hours might a homicide detective work up to?

I am interested in studying criminal justice and want to become a homicide detective, and have watched tv shows that have intrigued me by what happens and how hard they work and it looks fun. #criminal-justice #criminology #detective #interests...

#homicide

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. May 12, 2014 2040 views

Should the idea of "do what you love" change in relevance to career searching change depending on your experience?

The notion of "do what you love" is a common idea behind a lot of answers, but I was wondering what should be the extent of this advice as relevant when you are first entering the job market verses when you are more experienced? #career-path #job-market...

#interests

Simran  K.’s Avatar
Simran K. Apr 29, 2014 1560 views

How do you maintain a balance between doing what you love and making sure you are making a good amount of money?

I am a high school senior and even though I do not know what career I wish to pursue, I want to make sure that I am doing something I love, while still being able to comfortably support myself. I guess I would just love to hear different perspectives on your career and how you keep the balance...

#income #money #interests #passions #balance #career

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 05, 2014 1373 views

Does taking a minor in college make you look better to future employers?

I am currently a junior in high school and have recently decided to major in Economics in college, I have heard a lot about minors, but I still want to learn more about them. For example, do you get degree for taking a minor? Do you have a lot more classes if you take a minor? But most...

#degree #college-minor #resume #college-major #learning #courses #interests #jobs