Career Questions tagged Passions

David H.’s Avatar
David H. Jan 23, 2018 431 views

Is it best to chase after your dream or financial stability?

Everyone has that one thing they love to do, but know they probably won't make a lot of money from it though. Is it best to put stability over fun and passion? #philosophy #social-science-phd #social-science #social-sciences #career-counseling #career-choice #finance #business-finance...

#purpose #passions #career-goals

Anders L.’s Avatar
Anders L. May 19, 2016 917 views

What are the best things to help me discover my passion and career path?

I struggled quite a bit throughout high school and college to find my passion. Not until my senior year in college did I realize that I didn't want to pursue the major I was in any longer. #college #college-major #career-paths #academic-advising...

#passions

Arshad A.’s Avatar
Arshad A. May 16, 2016 745 views

Is it a good idea to always follow your passion?

Famous author Cal Newport says it is not a good idea to follow your passion. However i feel that going with your passion is the best thing to do. Even my friends and teachers say that. This question is not meant for debate but to know your opinion given today's competitive job market. #career...

#job-market #passions

Cornelius M.’s Avatar
Cornelius M. Aug 18, 2015 1103 views

How do i discover my passion?

I usually hear many people complaining of the kind of work they do, even saying they are only working just for a living and given an option, they will not even think twice, they will grab the new opportunity with both hands. Where did they go wrong? or that is the nature of professional life?...

#dual-career #career-counseling #passions #guidance-counselor #advice #career-path #career

Simran  K.’s Avatar
Simran K. Apr 29, 2014 1676 views

How do you maintain a balance between doing what you love and making sure you are making a good amount of money?

I am a high school senior and even though I do not know what career I wish to pursue, I want to make sure that I am doing something I love, while still being able to comfortably support myself. I guess I would just love to hear different perspectives on your career and how you keep the balance...

#money #interests #passions #balance #income #career