Career Questions tagged Guidance Counselor

Vonseer A.’s Avatar
Vonseer A. Aug 15, 2018 147 views

Was it difficult to find a job after college?

I’m a Sociology Major with a minor is Psychology. I want to work either in a school with children as a counselor or as a psychologist for young adults. #psychology...

#guidance-counselor

Melissa M.’s Avatar
Melissa M. Aug 02, 2018 156 views

What is the role of a guidance counselor in the future of education?

Trends in education are becoming more technology driven. The personal connection for educators and students could be at risk. What will the future role be for educators as technology becomes the driving force in education? #guidance-counselor...

#k-12education

Ariel D.’s Avatar
Ariel D. Jan 16, 2018 343 views

What does it mean to be a school counselor?

I am looking into possibly looking at this as a career. I want to know what this career is like and all that it entails. #community-psychology #school-counseling #college-counseling #teaching #education...

#guidance-counselor

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 13, 2016 418 views

What is the most used college class topic for going into a Physical Therapy Career?

Considering a professional career in Physical Therapy but not completely sold on college for 7 yrs. I am starting with Exercise Science as an undergrad degree. #doctor #teaching #teacher #guidance-counselor #career-counselor #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Olivia F.’s Avatar
Olivia F. May 06, 2016 440 views

What are some good scholarships that can help me pay for grad school?

Grad school is expensive and I need all the help i can get. #guidance-counselor #college #college-admissions #scholarships...

#career

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 526 views

What do you do, when you don't know what to do with the rest of your life?

How do you know when you are 18 and starting to think about your major what you really want to do with the rest of your life? What if you are unsure? Did they talk to you about careers in high school? Mine didn't. It was accelerated, average, and vocational, oh wait and farmers. Maybe I...

#undecided #interviews #career-guidance #recruiting #guidance-counselor

Jennifer P.’s Avatar
Jennifer P. Mar 21, 2017 466 views

I am studying for a post first degree law, which possible arears should i focus on

I am applying for post first degree law school this year. I like to learn new things, I believe I have good communication and debatable skills. but I am not sure if I know what to expect in the entrance exams or during the interview. I would really appreciate some guidance. #law...

#student-counseling #corporate-law #job-application #law-practice #personal-development #career-details #career-counseling #guidance-counselor #law-school

Zee K.’s Avatar
Zee K. May 14, 2016 737 views

What are the careers with high skills of art and math?

I'm thinking of going for Architecture because it is based on art and science along with an decent salary. What are the alternative careers that is based on design and math. #college #career #career-paths #architecture #architect #guidance-counselor #career-counselor...

#financial-planning

Samantha U.’s Avatar
Samantha U. Feb 19, 2017 545 views

Can I major in zoology and then minor in elementary teaching? Or the other way around?

I have always had an interest in becoming a zoologist, basically since 6th grade, but I have also wanted to become a teacher for maybe first or second graders. My top choice would be zoology, but I am afraid that there won't be many jobs in my area, so I would like a backup plan. #college...

#elementary-education #teaching #guidance-counselor #college-minor #biology #college-major #zoology

Alayna R.’s Avatar
Alayna R. Oct 29, 2016 402 views

What kind of careers are available in Food Sciences?

I plan to major in biochemistry and am trying to narrow down my area of study. I am an athlete and am considering a possible path in the food science area, possibly as a nutritionist or dietitian. #teacher #guidance-counselor...

#career-guidance

Alayna R.’s Avatar
Alayna R. Oct 29, 2016 440 views

What kind of careers can you pursue with a biochemistry degree?

I enjoy biology and chemistry and math and plan to pursue a biochemistry degree. I'm not sure I want to be a doctor, but maybe something in the medical field in a different sector. I'm an athlete and considered physical therapy, nutrition, or something in the medical research area. #teacher...

#career-guidance #guidance-counselor

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Oct 14, 2016 434 views

Should I go to a school that does not offer my major?

Since high school my dream colleges have been mainly schools like Tufts University and Brandeis University. I have visited both colleges and found their diversity, size, and culture to be desirable. The only hindrance is that all these liberal and research based colleges does not have my major,...

#school-counselor #guidance-counselor #education-counselor

Eric Z.’s Avatar
Eric Z. Aug 18, 2016 472 views

How useful/beneficial is a private college counselor?

I had never heard of anyone using a private counselor but upon moving to the northeast, it seems its a relatively common thing among my friends. #college #college-admissions...

#guidance-counselor

Daniel T.’s Avatar
Daniel T. Jun 29, 2016 723 views

Hi im currently a first time summer school teacher for a remedial math course, i find that a lot of my students lack the motivation to try in class or in anything at all. how do i help them

I've tried appealing to their own personal interests, and some of them can't seem to come up with any, i've offered them incentives like internship opportunities and given them talks about their future beyond high school, but everything i've tried has only had fleeting effects. can you please...

#coaching #career-advice #college #education #teaching #guidance-counselor #teacher

Mohammed I.’s Avatar
Mohammed I. Jun 22, 2016 548 views

Can I do optometry without studying biology in higher studies?

I am a class IX student, wants to become an optometrist without studying Biology. Can I do so? #doctor #career-counseling #doctorate-degree #guidance-counselor...

#career-counselor

Mary D.’s Avatar
Mary D. May 30, 2016 525 views

How much counseling does a school guidance counselor actually do?

My teacher told me that most of the time, counselors does more of administrative work. They barely have time to actually counsel students anymore. #psychology #guidance-counselor...

#student-counseling

Troy P.’s Avatar
Troy P. May 27, 2016 1099 views

Should I drop a difficult class I enjoy but find challenging and might negatively affect my G.P.A?

So, when I was younger I always thought I'd like physics and took a class this semester in college. I would love to learn the material, but had to drop it after it became apparent the class would negatively affect my G.P.A. Now I'm caught in a dilemma, do I take the class again next semester...

#physics #guidance-counselor #professor

Troy P.’s Avatar
Troy P. May 27, 2016 528 views

How do I gain experience for my dream job when my rigorous major keeps taking up all my time?

My name is Troy and I am currently a freshman in College. As of now I am studying engineering because I do love it and feel working as an engineer for a few years might be a good ideal until I can get my feet of the ground with my true passion - film making. However, if possible, I would love...

#engineers #guidance-counselor #film

Jada R.’s Avatar
Jada R. May 22, 2016 512 views

In deciding what to major in for college, how do you process majors and minors in the course selecting process?

I am a recently graduated high school student, and I am majoring in Neuroscience at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I want to minor in Spanish and vocal performance. I am asking because I am unsure of how to minor in those particular fields of study while having a filled schedule for...

#stem #guidance-counselor #counselor

Danielle H.’s Avatar
Danielle H. May 21, 2016 422 views

What are some great scholarship websites and is it too late to apply to any?

I will be attending Western Illinois University in the fall and I need about $4,000 to be able to attend. #scholarships...

#guidance-counselor

Krishia  A.’s Avatar
Krishia A. May 20, 2016 671 views

Do school counselors' role vary depending on the grade of school they are working in?

I want to know if a school counselor's role differ in an elementary school, middle school, high school, and college due to students' age and their behaviors. I can see a school counselor in a middle school would likely to deal with behavioral issues where as high school can be different....

#school #education #school-counselor #school-counseling #guidance-counselor

renee L.’s Avatar
renee L. May 19, 2016 474 views

WHAT IS THE CAREER CHOICE FOR COLLEGE IN REGARDS TECHNOLOGY

I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND TECHNOLOGY IS GROWING SO FAST WITH SO MANY STREETS AND AVENUES WHERE DO I FOCUS ON WHAT WILL BE IN MOST DEMAND IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS #technology #tech #job-market #guidance-counselor...

#enter

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. May 17, 2016 451 views

I'm concerned that because college will be more challenging academically than high school that I might have some trouble keeping my grades at a top level. How can I make the adjustment to college learning without stressing myself out?

I have always done well in school and pride myself on my working knowledge. I am concerned that my grades might suffer due to all the changes I will have to deal with being on my own for the first time. I'm sure many students have experienced this, and want to avoid it, if at all possible....

#advice #academic-advising #college #guidance-counselor #academic-advisor

Rebekah F.’s Avatar
Rebekah F. May 15, 2016 427 views

Is having a very specific career goal putting to many limitations on my future?

Becoming a video game developer is all I've ever wanted to be. I'm concerned that being so specific will limit my options down the road. Should that not pan out, I worry about what other careers will I be qualified for. I want to have something to fall back on. #career-path #guidance-counselor...

#career-counselor

Rebekah F.’s Avatar
Rebekah F. May 15, 2016 440 views

Is attending an ouit of state college financially responsible?

I have received a scholarship to attend a local university. However, the career I've always dreamed of having as a video game developer isn't offered at the local university. I have been accepted at a major university out of state. Though I have been offered a honors at entrance partial...

#guidance-counselor #financial-advisor #career-counselor

Sydnie J.’s Avatar
Sydnie J. May 13, 2016 408 views

How are college courses to become a social worker?

I've been thinking a long time about majoring in social work and minoring in Spanish but I'm a little worried about the class load with my job also. I'm also a little scared if they will judge me for having depression and if that is a hindrance in this field... #social #sociology...

#social-worker #guidance-counselor

Naeema M.’s Avatar
Naeema M. May 12, 2016 402 views

Since nursing will be my major, what type of classes should I have more in

I am dedicated and always ready to do what my heart has longed for. I also care about what I'm doing even if it doesn't turn and seem to be accurate. I know by choosing the right classes that will give me a bright idea of my future goals. #doctor #nursing #physician #social-work...

#principal #guidance-counselor #healthcare-it #pyschology

Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. May 05, 2016 1083 views

Is getting a Doctorate in Psychology the best way to make more money and be able to get more jobs in that field?

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and I plan on majoring in Psychology but I want to plan a little more of my future out to have a goal on what I need to do to have the highest achievement. I know I am going for a Master's but is a Doctorate worth it? #college #psychology...

#clinical-psychology #masters #child-psychology #doctorate-degree #counselling #guidance-counselor