Career Questions tagged Drama

HX J.’s Avatar
HX J. May 14 115 views

I want to become an actress and a barrister, but don't quite know how to pursue both careers at the same time and what to do to succeed in both fields.

I live in the UK and am aspiring to be an actress, which has been a dream of mine since i was younger all while becoming a barrister (which has been my parents' dream that i want to fulfil for them) Im currently 15, turning 16 and really don't know what to do. I've taken up many school...

#acting #drama #college #barrister #actor #theatre #law

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08 294 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#college #art #writing #law #lawyer #civilrightslawyer #acting #dancing #passion #drama #author #advice #stories

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 282 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#techie #theater #acting #drama #actor #theatre #performing-arts #performance #broadway

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 289 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#college #college-selection #art #college-major #majoring-in-theatre #design #production #theater #drama #theatre #stage-design #performing-arts #theater-production #performance

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 284 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 313 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#stagemanager #theatretech #theater #drama #promptbook #tech #stagemanage #theatre #arts

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 316 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#management #tricks #stagemanaging #tips #theater #drama #theatre #arts

K N.’s Avatar
K N. Feb 28, 2017 1342 views

How can i become an actress at 24 when i have a degree in engineering?

I've always wanted to become an actress but since I was academically strong, I chose engineering. However my passion hasn't died down but I don't have much experience either. I'm also an Indian female from South Africa and I haven't had the financial means to pursue acting even as a hobby. I...

#acting #drama #psychology #performing-arts

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Nov 01, 2016 565 views

Is taking Drama at my school a worthwhile club when perusing film making?

I think that by taking Drama I may gain some insights film making (acting, blocking, lights, etc). However, what role can Drama play in helping me become a better potential film maker #film-production #film-acting #video-production #drama #stage-management...

#studio-lighting

Halimah O.’s Avatar
Halimah O. May 22, 2016 532 views

Is the acting field the hardest?

I'm a high school senior and I will be attending The Indiana University of Pennsylvania in the fall. I've always wanted to be an actress since I was 6 and I always wanted to be the Meryl Streep of my generation. I just want to follow my dreams no matter the obstacles in my way and I just want...

#actor #drama #theater

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 664 views

What is the best university to go to if you want to major in Drama/Acting?

I personally am interested in majoring in Acting and I would love to hear an answer to this question. #actor #performing-arts...

#drama

Ashley F.’s Avatar
Ashley F. May 11, 2016 655 views

Is college necessary for acting?

I'm curious to know if I need to attend an arts school in order to get more gigs. #acting #theatre...

#drama

Ashley F.’s Avatar
Ashley F. May 11, 2016 762 views

Is acting an ideal career choice?

I have dreams of making it big, but everyone frowns upon the idea. They tell me I'll starve until I get a gig or I won't become famous. #acting #theatre #film-acting...

#drama