Career Questions tagged Drama

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#broadway #performance #drama #techie #actor #theater #acting #theatre #performing-arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#performance #production #theater-production #drama #theater #college #art #college-selection #theatre #majoring-in-theatre #stage-design #design #college-major #performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#stagemanage #drama #theater #promptbook #stagemanager #tech #theatre #theatretech #arts

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#stagemanaging #drama #theater #management #theatre #tips #tricks #arts

K N.’s Avatar
K N. Feb 28, 2017

How can i become an actress at 24 when i have a degree in engineering?

I've always wanted to become an actress but since I was academically strong, I chose engineering. However my passion hasn't died down but I don't have much experience either. I'm also an Indian female from South Africa and I haven't had the financial means to pursue acting even as a hobby. I...

#psychology #acting #performing-arts #drama

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Nov 01, 2016

Is taking Drama at my school a worthwhile club when perusing film making?

I think that by taking Drama I may gain some insights film making (acting, blocking, lights, etc). However, what role can Drama play in helping me become a better potential film maker #film-production #film-acting #video-production #drama #stage-management...

#studio-lighting

Halimah O.’s Avatar
Halimah O. May 22, 2016

Is the acting field the hardest?

I'm a high school senior and I will be attending The Indiana University of Pennsylvania in the fall. I've always wanted to be an actress since I was 6 and I always wanted to be the Meryl Streep of my generation. I just want to follow my dreams no matter the obstacles in my way and I just want...

#theater #actor #drama

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016

What is the best university to go to if you want to major in Drama/Acting?

I personally am interested in majoring in Acting and I would love to hear an answer to this question. #actor #performing-arts...

#drama

Ashley F.’s Avatar
Ashley F. May 11, 2016

Is college necessary for acting?

I'm curious to know if I need to attend an arts school in order to get more gigs. #acting #theatre...

#drama

Ashley F.’s Avatar
Ashley F. May 11, 2016

Is acting an ideal career choice?

I have dreams of making it big, but everyone frowns upon the idea. They tell me I'll starve until I get a gig or I won't become famous. #acting #theatre #film-acting...

#drama