Career questions tagged actor

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Joshua144 views

How do I find a talent agent and can I have one at my age 14?

I want to know how to find a talent agent and if I’m old enough to have one.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua664 views

I want to be a Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, and Author. Is it possible to do them all?

I’ve seen many people that have done it. Like Kim K. She does so much and so well. I want to know if I can do all the things I love to do and keep a personal life and keep myself from going insane from all the work.

Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luke416 views

How can teenagers realistically portray adults when acting? #Sping2024

I am a 16 year old interested in making my career in film acting, directing, writing, and producing. I am creating a TV sitcom set in 1950s New York. All of my actors will be high schoolers, who will be portraying adults. How can I sell the idea to distributors such as Tubi, even though adult characters are being played by teens.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fisher388 views

Hello! I’m a Highschool theater student and I was wondering how or even if I could go into the big time acting industry in highschool! I think I’m ok at acting so maybe it’s possible!?

I would really appreciate tips

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jason556 views

How do I start acting? M/18 Years/ 6’5

How could I start my career as a actor at 18 with no prior experience? I really want to give acting a shot but I don’t really know what to do!

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ilma372 views

What do I have to do to become an actress? ?

Can I become an actress at the age of 14?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hayden514 views

How do I become a voice actor for cartoon shows?

How can I become a voice actor for cartoon shows, and where do I go to start this career? I have been inspired by shows like Invincible and many other cartoon shows, and I find it very fun to do voiceovers. If you could list some ways to start this career and where to go, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
elizabeth232 views

How is being funny in tie with acting? Can having a negative outlook impact my acting?

I'm trying to be a better actor for high school next year.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dashaun1172 views

How Do I Start As A Teen Actor At 14?

Con Anyone Answer This Question I've Been Wondering How To Start Out But I Dont Know

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Wyatt559 views

How do I get a movie in theaters?

How do I get a movie in theaters?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asa951 views

How did you continue to pursue such a difficult career with everyone telling you to “have a realistic plan”?

I’m still a freshman in high school but acting is my passion and I’ve never been more sure of wanting to do something for the rest of my life so I just want to know. It might be worth noting that I’m also good at script writing which is the career my parents are trying to nudge me more towards whether they’re doing it on purpose or not. While I do enjoy writing and plan on maybe starting that way and then looking for an opportunity to pursue a more onstage/on screen job, it’s not my main focus, it’s more of a starting point. I am in a magnet school for drama so i am very involved in theatre and acting and am learning new techniques and will be doing a lot of shows and competitions for my high school years.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia364 views

How should I improve acting/vocals for school musicals/plays?

I'm a middle/high school student who's interested in participating in plays and musicals for my school. I've only been in two in the past and have gotten side/background characters and a narrator. I don't have much experience in acting and I am a self-taught singer. What are some good ways to improve my acting/vocals and to possibly have a better chance in getting a lead role?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Unity376 views

What should be my first steps towards pursuing my acting career?

I'm already doing high-school theatre, but a lot of people after my last show have told me that they think I'm ready for the next step. What should I do to be able to take that next step? Also, my parent's wont help, so when is a good time for me to begin trying?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Afua369 views

How to get into acting as a teenager?

I think if you want to be an actor it has a start as a kid to be more successful. Most successful actors now usually start as a kid because their parents might sign them up for kid shows as a kid and that usually grows into it and starts doing it more until their older.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jasleen488 views

How do you start out as a actor?

I have always wanted to be one since a little girl. But I never really found a way to become one. I have tried acting classes but it didn't really work out for me.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mario679 views

When it comes to booking jobs in the performing arts community, is it better to have a degree in Theatre Performance/Acting or Musical Theatre and why?

For some context, I'm currently a student at my college of choice, and am pursuing a degree in Theatre Performance currently. I truly love every aspect of performing, from live theatre and plays and musicals, to voice over work, and film and television. However, recently I've been debating whether or not to switch to the Musical Theatre program because I do also love musical theatre. I just want future agenices/managers/casting directors to see my versatility and be able to audition for all these types of jobs from all the areas I listed above.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alina405 views

Is it Difficult to Become an Actress?

Hello, my name is Alina,I’m from Arizona and I’m interested in becoming an actress. Is it different to become an Actress if you know nothing about it? Is there a possibility for beginners who know nothing about acting to get the job?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aureale362 views

How do I find acting auditions near me?

My Name is Aureale. I'm a 16 year old African American in the 11th grade. I love acting and singing. They're both my passions. I want to one day be an actor. But I don't know how to find auditions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabina575 views

Why did you choose to have a career in filmmaking/acting/screenwriting ?

How do you keep confident in your art and your work when you don’t feel original?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivy359 views

How can I become an actor/actress? What can I do to get there? Where do I find auditions?

I would like to know how can I excel in an acting career. Should I start by voice acting on social media platforms? Or should I search for audition opportunities? I had chances but missed them because I had no money, so where exactly can I find auditions that aren't high-priced.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alina419 views

What keeps you motivated for the next project?

What was the determining factor that directed you toward a life pursuing the arts? And how do you continue to do so between projects?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
zion1764 views

where do i start if i want to be an actress?

I want to be an actress/model, How would you recommend getting into the entertainment with zero experience or very little? Where do i start and what connections should i make??

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leah356 views

What is the hardest part of becoming a professional actor or techie?

Most people talk about how they enjoy their life as an actor now, but never share the struggle of becoming one. I would like to know the real process of going into acting. I know it’s not all smooth sailing so I would like to know what struggle I could face if I go down this route.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Romir364 views

What is the best way to kickstart an acting career post high school graduation?

Asking more about resources, steps to take, classes to enroll in and other tips and tricks that helped you guys.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
tia510 views

Drama Major

Is majoring in drama a bad decision if I want to become an actress?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samantha416 views

What should I do if I want to Become an actor in musicals?

I love to do musicals but I don’t Know how could even achieve this dream of mine it feels too out of reach. But I am in musical theater and voicemail techniques at my high school.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lexy475 views

How reliable is being an actor/actress financially ?

I've done theater for a while and have thought about pursuing it as a career but I'm worried about reliability. I really want to pursue it but I don't know all the specifics.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dusty360 views

Whats the best way to start off your acting career?

What is the best way to start your acting career? I've been trying to get into acting for a while, but I have no clue how to start getting paid for it.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours314 views

Which stream should I take in 11th to become an actress in India ?

Note: this question was asked anonymously by a student

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabriella447 views

could i become an actress if i dont have talent or if i am shy?

i don't know if this is a stupid question but I am very curious if someone with stage fright but also a perfectionist could become an actress. thank you for answering!

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon