Career Questions tagged Actor

HX J.’s Avatar
HX J. May 14 98 views

I want to become an actress and a barrister, but don't quite know how to pursue both careers at the same time and what to do to succeed in both fields.

I live in the UK and am aspiring to be an actress, which has been a dream of mine since i was younger all while becoming a barrister (which has been my parents' dream that i want to fulfil for them) Im currently 15, turning 16 and really don't know what to do. I've taken up many school...

#law #actor #barrister #college #acting #drama #theatre

Lucia C.’s Avatar
Lucia C. Apr 28 78 views

What are good musical theatre schools in New York?

I want to be an actor on broadway, I love to sing and act #actor #theatre #acting...

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 22 95 views

How do I go about becoming an actor

I like to act and be surrounded by people. I just like the way it feels to be on stage and becoming someone else. I've always liked the arts. I draw, and paint while listening to songs from musicals. #actor #acting #theatre...

#arts

Mitchell F.’s Avatar
Mitchell F. Dec 12, 2019 103 views
Elaine M.’s Avatar
Elaine M. Oct 21, 2019 82 views
Abbie E.’s Avatar
Abbie E. Sep 18, 2019 111 views

Is being an actor a reliable job?

I love to act, sing and dance. Yet I'm also a very goal oriented person and always plan to be successful, I'm just scared I won't have the lifestyle I want if I decide to become an actor. Ive been told time and time again that being an actor isn't a realistic occupation, is this true? #acting...

#dance #actor #college #art

George A.’s Avatar
George A. Aug 21, 2019 106 views

Can I act now?

Very very interested in acting modeling opportunities etc 💯 look like stranger things Napoleon dynamite once upon a time in Hollywood type movies #acting #art...

#actor

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 123 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

Ashim C.’s Avatar
Ashim C. Apr 23, 2019 103 views

I live in nepal and am a citizen here but i want to act in english movie,etc ,is there a way for me to do so and do american agencies hire foreign actors through online auditions and all?

I am in high school now and in nepal there is no scope for acting in english but i want to do so and have had some experience acting and am really interested in it. It would be great to know if agencies heir foreign actors through online auditions and what can i do to do the best with what i...

#acting #actor #film-acting

Helen E.’s Avatar
Helen E. Feb 24, 2019 131 views

Famous Actor its possible to be?

Can someone to tell me , to be Famous Actor ... When i will go college for #actors i want to know if i will be famous but someone have to call me or to say me to do a movie but i think its 50% possible what can i do to call me for movie :/ #actor #film-acting...

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 257 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#actor #performance #broadway #acting #performing-arts #drama #theater #theatre #techie

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 330 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 261 views
Kyle K.’s Avatar
Kyle K. May 11, 2018 228 views

Taking inspiration from Childish Gambino, how can I have a more open rounded and creative career like him?

Childish Gambino is a one of a kind person and truly feels like getting to a spot to where he is is very difficult to get to. I want to be able to have the same creative freedom as him. I want to be able to make songs and music and direct shows the way he does. What steps can I take to become...

#actor #producer #graphicdesign #musicproducer #singer

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 744 views

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Laniah L.’s Avatar
Laniah L. Mar 21, 2018 225 views

What other strengths or experiences might i need to be a successful actress?

Because becoming an actress is something I'd like to pursue when I get older #actress #actor...

#celebrity

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 15, 2018 387 views

How important is college in my situation?

I'm going to try to keep this post short.... movies are my life. I've wanted to make films ever since I was a little kid. I can't see myself doing anything else. I'm currently a freshman at a community college. I'm currently building up my credit and saving up to pay for school. My parents...

#actor #college-bound #film-school #college-advice #cinematography #college-major #independent-films #associates-degree #movie-production #film

Pilar B.’s Avatar
Pilar B. Jan 11, 2018 212 views

What items are important to recruiters, other than academics, in gaining a student access into a university and or a particular college program/major? Additionally what things can give a student an advantage or "boost" on a college application?

I am a freshman at OSA in the musical theatre program. I'm very interested in knowing how I can best position myself to be accepted to the university of my choice or second choice, and welcome any and all suggestions and assistance, so I can begin this process immediately. #actor...

#college #musicaltheatre

Angel L.’s Avatar
Angel L. Nov 15, 2017 357 views

What career paths should I take to become an actor or a singer?

I want to become an actor in the future, but I don't know what career paths I should take to get there. #actor #theater...

#performing-arts

saritha V.’s Avatar
saritha V. May 05, 2016 859 views

How do I become an actor?

Hi! I am Saritha from ghs j b nagar bengaluru in India. What classes should I take in school to become an actor? #actor #theater #actors #career #career-counseling #education...

Jolee C.’s Avatar
Jolee C. Aug 14, 2017 777 views

How do I choose between my two passions?

The two things I'm most passionate about are acting and law. I was going to major in English and minor in theatre, the best of both worlds. But, how am I supposed to juggle law school and acting! I don't want to give either, but they don't really go hand and hand. Now I don't even know what to...

#actor #help #college #law-school #acting #college-major #law #lawyer

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Sep 04, 2016 809 views

How do I become an actor?

Where are the best schools for acting, can anyone help me with this? #film #theatre #actor #film-production #film-acting #actors...

#actoruniversity

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Aug 12, 2016 397 views

How much does your physical appearance matter in the entertainment industry?

It seems most advertising/media features people with bodies that don't represent the general public. I know every person is different, but one body type seems to be the dominant factor. For women and girls, the media believes they should be thin and pretty. For men and boys, they need to be...

#acting #actor #body-image

No luck I.’s Avatar
No luck I. Jun 22, 2016 428 views
Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Jun 21, 2016 712 views

What kinds of internships would be good for someone seeking a career in theatre?

My dream is to be an actor, but I know you can't really intern as an actor :) So what kinds of internship possibilities are there for people who are interested in the performing arts? #internships #acting #internship #theatre...

#actor