Career Questions tagged Musicals

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. May 26, 2016

How can I get noticed by a talent agency for musical theatre?

A ton of my friends are represented by Nani-Saperstein Talent Management and I just want to know the best way to go about getting any talent management attention. Should I be the pain until the squeaky wheel gets the oil or wait for recognition in a professional manner? #acting #musical-theatre...

#casting #live-theatre #musicals #talent-management #broadway

veronica G.’s Avatar
veronica G. May 13, 2016

What exactly is a creative director?

My idea of a creative director is someone who has the ability to produce many things from shows to concerts, and designs/creates all of the spectacle that's included within it. For example, maybe the stage set up for a concert and how the colors work into the ambience of the show, or even...

#musicals #broadway-musicals #creative-arts

veronica G.’s Avatar
veronica G. May 13, 2016

What should I do after I graduate college?

I have big dreams of becoming a professional dancer who books, tours, music videos, award shows, musicals, and any other kind of shows you can think of. I'm going to study interdisciplinary arts with specialization in arts leadership in Seattle University where I can learn about both the...

#dance #dance-education #hip-hop-dance #musicals #creative-arts

Sofia T.’s Avatar
Sofia T. Jun 08, 2015

How does the auditioning process go?

I'm curious as to how a person gets chosen for a role in a play/musical. I know the audition process,(go in, sing/perform/recite, answer some questions, then leave.) but how do casting directors choose which person they want as the character? Does every auditionee have to go through call backs?...

#acting #theatre #music #musical-theatre #theater #musicals