Career Questions tagged Broadway

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 171 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#broadway #theatre #performing-arts #theater #actor #acting #drama #performance #techie

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 348 views

How does a typical day run for Broadway performers?

How long are practices? How frequent are they? #theater #theatre #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Taylor A.’s Avatar
Taylor A. Aug 29, 2017 2149 views

What are the odds of me making in in musical theater?

Hey there! Currently a high school senior about to make the biggest decision of my life. Since I was a little girl, I have been in love with performing (seriously, I loved to sing linkin park all the time when I was two.) When I got into middle school and got my first supporting role, I knew...

#acting #broadway-musicals #dance #broadway #singing #theater

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 681 views

Are there internships or non-competitive jobs that will help an actor make connections, build up a resume, and find opportunities?

I am an aspiring musical theatre actor, and I want to know how I can use my skills and time before I graduate high school and college to get ahead. #internships #acting #theatre #musical-theatre #broadway #stage-management #audition #theater-tech #personal-development...

#job-application

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 395 views

What are the best times to look for auditions?

On Broadway or for a movie in general #acting #dance #broadway...

#movie

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 230 views

What type of dancing would I need to focus on if I want to be an ensemble member?

On Broadway, should I focus on all types of dance or just on one, such as jazz? #dance...

#broadway

Gill V.’s Avatar
Gill V. May 27, 2016 702 views

Is a BFA in Musical theatre actually gonna help me land jobs? Or is it just useful for the taining?

I'm going into a school for my BFA in MT but I don't know if it's actually necessary. #acting #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. May 26, 2016 462 views

How can I get noticed by a talent agency for musical theatre?

A ton of my friends are represented by Nani-Saperstein Talent Management and I just want to know the best way to go about getting any talent management attention. Should I be the pain until the squeaky wheel gets the oil or wait for recognition in a professional manner? #acting #musical-theatre...

#broadway #live-theatre #musicals #casting #talent-management

Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 349 views

Is there any particularly good way to intern or get experience in stage management?

I want to be a stage manager, but I don't know too much about how to prepare for the career. #musical-theatre #broadway...

#stage-management

Ashton M.’s Avatar
Ashton M. May 21, 2016 1725 views

Going into college, how do I balance pursuing a career as a famous actor and a pediatrician?

I am a senior about to graduate high-school. I want to be a famous actor and am set on being a pediatrician too. I've been told doing both is impossible, but that won't stop me from doing what I love. There is so much to learn in each field and I love helping people. Both careers give me that...

#broadway #film-acting #theatre #pediatrician #actor #musical-theatre #film #pre-med

Sofia T.’s Avatar
Sofia T. Jun 03, 2015 1146 views

What are some good audition tips?

I have auditioned for lots of plays, but they're all for children's theatre. I'm scared that when I audition for actual theatre, I'll freeze up and make myself look like an idiot. Do any actors/actresses have any good tips to help with preparation, nerves, and presentation? #acting #theatre...

#musical-theatre #broadway

Joel O.’s Avatar
Joel O. Jan 30, 2015 4756 views

what is the annual salary for a broadway performer

how much is given, is it a lot for expensive luxury #professor #singer #director #actors #broadway...

#dancers

Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Nov 14, 2014 2303 views

what is it like being on broadway? any advice?

do you guys have any advice on becoming a Broadway performer? or can you tell me what its like? i'm 14 and have a passion for acting i have been acting sense i was little and i dream of someday being on Broadway. i'm trying to get straight A's so i can get a scholarship to Julliard the...

#broadway-musicals #acting #actors #broadway #performers #actress