Career Questions tagged Pre Med

Pre-Med is a term used for undergraduate college students who are on track to go to medical school. Popular medical doctor careers include a pediatrician, surgeon, and anesthesiologist. Please read...

Aniya’s Avatar
Aniya Sep 16 65 views

How long does it really take to become a Psychiatrist?

I really wish to know.

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 28 215 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?

emma’s Avatar
emma May 05 227 views

What can I do with a pre-med degree if I dont go to med school?

I am interested in going pre-med, however I know getting into medical school after can be very challenging. My worry is going through the pre-med program, and not being able to get into med school, if that were to happen, what careers could i take on?

Anita’s Avatar
Anita Apr 06 197 views

After graduating med school? How/where does one look for a job? How do they apply?

Just a curious high school sophomore :)

Helen’s Avatar
Helen Feb 03 253 views

What should pre-med students do over the summer?

#highschool #pre-med #medical #medicine #medschool #premed #healthcare #summerjob

Jam’s Avatar
Jam Jul 09, 2021 269 views

What is a major with higher gpa average? What is considered an easy major?

Currently deciding college majors. Need help.

#college #college-major #major #college-admissions #anthropology #pre-med #education

Michala’s Avatar
Michala Apr 17, 2021 296 views

How can I make myself more interesting to health are orgs?

I would like to become a medical examiner, post secondary education, and in order to get there I want to get some research internships and volunteer opportunities. How can I make myself look more interesting to research orgs and other orgs i can work on? #pre-med #research #health #healthcare

Josh’s Avatar
Josh Apr 14, 2021 174 views

My mind tends to get distracted very easily so my question is what are some good tips for staying focused and determined during pre-med, especially during late nights with little sleep?

#medicine
#pre-med

Raeshell’s Avatar
Raeshell Apr 13, 2021 324 views

What are the steps to going into school and medical school.

#Cardiothoracic Surgeon #medical-school #pre-med

Sherlock’s Avatar
Sherlock Apr 13, 2021 210 views

How can I learn psychology?

#pre-med #learning

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Apr 12, 2021 385 views

What are some extracurricular activities I can do if I want to be a doctor and I live in the Philippines?

I'm a high school student. I want to be a doctor and I want extracurricular activities related to that. Currently, my extracurricular activities are all related to writing. I want to change that. Where I live, there aren't many opportunities. I'm open to volunteering online, joining research...

Athena’s Avatar
Athena Apr 03, 2021 574 views

What is social life like during premed and medical school?

What are your experiences going into medicine? I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately, and everyone that I've watched so far spends practically the whole day studying. Is medical school actually non stop studying? I do understand that medical school is hard, but there has to be some...

Alex’s Avatar
Alex Apr 01, 2021 542 views

Smith or Bates?

Hi! I need to take a decision and choose the college I want to go to for the next 4 years. I got admitted to both Smith and Bates and will be playing soccer at whichever one I choose. I also plan to do Pre-Med with a Biology major. I visited both schools and absolutely loved them. If anyone...

Donovan’s Avatar
Donovan Mar 24, 2021 236 views

#medicine is med school worth it?

I am interested in going to the medical field #pre-med

Ane’s Avatar
Ane Mar 23, 2021 429 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose.
I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice?
#doctor #medicine #canada
#medical-school #pre-med #premed

Lucy’s Avatar
Lucy Mar 15, 2021 282 views

Is the stress and pressure of being a surgeon worth the opportunity to be able to save lives?

#surgeons #cardiothoracic #pre-med

Samruddhi’s Avatar
Samruddhi Mar 03, 2021 304 views

Can I get hospital volunteer hours virtually?

I want to be an ophthalmologist in the future, and I am currently a high school sophomore (10th grade). I know in pre-med/medical school admissions they ask a lot about what experience you have in the health care field, but I'm not sure how I can do that in the current times (the pandemic). I...

Samruddhi’s Avatar
Samruddhi Mar 02, 2021 341 views

What can I do to save years in college to become a doctor?

I am a high school student interested in pursuing a career in ophthalmology. I would like to complete my Pre-Med in 2 years, and I want to explore if there are any opportunities to do Med School in 3 years (condense the first 2 years and then rotations). I'm a high school sophomore, so what...

Maya’s Avatar
Maya Feb 24, 2021 719 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

Brooke’s Avatar
Brooke Feb 12, 2021 620 views

What kind of volunteer work should I do for anesthesiology?

I have worked with the Florida Department of Health in research, I have made blankets for the homeless and have helped develop a social media platform for pancreatic cancer awareness. I am going to school for my BS in pre med and ecology. I don't know if it is frowned upon to not get any...

Kananelo’s Avatar
Kananelo Jan 18, 2021 273 views

How can I have are job

#jobs #pre-med #pharmacist #pharmacists #job

Kae’s Avatar
Kae Jan 15, 2021 335 views

Can I become an NP and then become an Paediatrician? And how would I do that

I want to become a Paediatric Nurse Practitioner but I’ve been thinking for the idea of becoming an Paediatrician can I become a nurse get my degree and license then go to med school? How long would it take me? How would I go about doing that? #nurse #pre-med #medical-school

ben’s Avatar
ben Jan 13, 2021 258 views

how can i eand

#pre-med #career

Alan’s Avatar
Alan Jan 04, 2021 272 views

Does publishing research on healthcare systems and reforms to the American healthcare system look good for potential pre-med students?

I am a sophomore in high school, but I will be writing a research article on the economics of the American healthcare system and I would also provide some reforms we could make. This piece will likely be published on Google Scholar and other political/STEM research journals. I want to major in...

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Dec 10, 2020 491 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Dec 01, 2020 604 views

Fastest way to become a NP(Psych)

I want to become a Psych NP. I know there are many different programs and degrees to get that position. There's ADN,BSN,MSN,DNP. I want to get my DNP. What is the fastest way. #everyone
#medical #medical-school #pre-med

Alins’s Avatar
Alins Nov 29, 2020 370 views

How can I become a Physician Assitant?

I am a senior in high school and I am doing undergraduate in nursing #pre-med #physician . How can I take classes that will benefit me?

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Nov 23, 2020 268 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job.
#pre-med #graduate #savings #advisor

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Nov 19, 2020 354 views

Is anxiety during medical processes normal?

Doctors often have to do invasive procedures such as surgery, which can be bloody and unsettling. how do pre-medical students/residents get used to the feeling of doing these types of invasive procedures?

#GivingisCaring #medicine #college #pre-med

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Nov 19, 2020 481 views

What should a pre-med student living in the pandemic do right now?

With the pandemic going on, all of my plans to build my pre-medical portfoli have been put on hold. What can I do to ensure I am still maximizing my time as an undergrad on the pre-med track (volunteer, job, internship, etc)?
#GivingisCaring #student #college #pre-med