Career Questions tagged Pre Med

Pre-Med is a term used for undergraduate college students who are on track to go to medical school. Popular medical doctor careers include a pediatrician, surgeon, and anesthesiologist. Please read...

Michala G.’s Avatar
Michala G. Apr 17 124 views

How can I make myself more interesting to health are orgs?

I would like to become a medical examiner, post secondary education, and in order to get there I want to get some research internships and volunteer opportunities. How can I make myself look more interesting to research orgs and other orgs i can work on? pre-med research health...

healthcare

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. Apr 12 188 views

What are some extracurricular activities I can do if I want to be a doctor and I live in the Philippines?

I'm a high school student. I want to be a doctor and I want extracurricular activities related to that. Currently, my extracurricular activities are all related to writing. I want to change that. Where I live, there aren't many opportunities. I'm open to volunteering online, joining research...

doctor medicine healthcare pre-med

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 03 243 views

What is social life like during premed and medical school?

What are your experiences going into medicine? I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately, and everyone that I've watched so far spends practically the whole day studying. Is medical school actually non stop studying? I do understand that medical school is hard, but there has to be some...

college medicine doctor medical-school pre-med

Alex O.’s Avatar
Alex O. Apr 01 209 views

Smith or Bates?

Hi! I need to take a decision and choose the college I want to go to for the next 4 years. I got admitted to both Smith and Bates and will be playing soccer at whichever one I choose. I also plan to do Pre-Med with a Biology major. I visited both schools and absolutely loved them. If anyone...

smithcollege college batescollege collegedecision biology pre-med

Donovan K.’s Avatar
Donovan K. Mar 24 105 views

#medicine is med school worth it?

I am interested in going to the medical field...

pre-med

Ane S.’s Avatar
Ane S. Mar 23 229 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose. I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice? doctor medicine canada medical-school pre-med...

premed

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 03 177 views

Can I get hospital volunteer hours virtually?

I want to be an ophthalmologist in the future, and I am currently a high school sophomore (10th grade). I know in pre-med/medical school admissions they ask a lot about what experience you have in the health care field, but I'm not sure how I can do that in the current times (the pandemic). I...

experience college high-school admissions ophthalmologist pre-med

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 02 223 views

What can I do to save years in college to become a doctor?

I am a high school student interested in pursuing a career in ophthalmology. I would like to complete my Pre-Med in 2 years, and I want to explore if there are any opportunities to do Med School in 3 years (condense the first 2 years and then rotations). I'm a high school sophomore, so what...

college student medicine doctor pre-med

Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Feb 24 377 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

health medicine chemistry doctor biology pre-med

Brooke M.’s Avatar
Brooke M. Feb 12 304 views

What kind of volunteer work should I do for anesthesiology?

I have worked with the Florida Department of Health in research, I have made blankets for the homeless and have helped develop a social media platform for pancreatic cancer awareness. I am going to school for my BS in pre med and ecology. I don't know if it is frowned upon to not get any...

hospital-and-health-care doctor anesthesia biology internship pre-med college hospital medicine volunteer anesthesiologist

Kananelo M.’s Avatar
Kananelo M. Jan 18 152 views
Kae E.’s Avatar
Kae E. Jan 15 221 views

Can I become an NP and then become an Paediatrician? And how would I do that

I want to become a Paediatric Nurse Practitioner but I’ve been thinking for the idea of becoming an Paediatrician can I become a nurse get my degree and license then go to med school? How long would it take me? How would I go about doing that? nurse pre-med...

medical-school

ben O.’s Avatar
ben O. Jan 13 134 views
Alan S.’s Avatar
Alan S. Jan 04 155 views

Does publishing research on healthcare systems and reforms to the American healthcare system look good for potential pre-med students?

I am a sophomore in high school, but I will be writing a research article on the economics of the American healthcare system and I would also provide some reforms we could make. This piece will likely be published on Google Scholar and other political/STEM research journals. I want to major in...

science research pre-med

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 299 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

medical-examiner forensic-science college-advice college-advisors double-major college-majors forensics pre-med college forensic-anthropology university anthro-major anthropology forensic

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Dec 01, 2020 337 views

Fastest way to become a NP(Psych)

I want to become a Psych NP. I know there are many different programs and degrees to get that position. There's ADN,BSN,MSN,DNP. I want to get my DNP. What is the fastest way. everyone medical medical-school...

pre-med

Alins A.’s Avatar
Alins A. Nov 29, 2020 240 views

How can I become a Physician Assitant?

I am a senior in high school and I am doing undergraduate in nursing pre-med physician . How can I take classes that will benefit...

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 23, 2020 145 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job. pre-med graduate savings...

advisor

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 171 views

Is anxiety during medical processes normal?

Doctors often have to do invasive procedures such as surgery, which can be bloody and unsettling. how do pre-medical students/residents get used to the feeling of doing these types of invasive procedures? givingiscaring medicine college...

pre-med

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 297 views

What should a pre-med student living in the pandemic do right now?

With the pandemic going on, all of my plans to build my pre-medical portfoli have been put on hold. What can I do to ensure I am still maximizing my time as an undergrad on the pre-med track (volunteer, job, internship, etc)? givingiscaring student college...

pre-med

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 269 views

Is the new COVID college grading policy beneficial or harmful?

As a pre med student, I was wondering if the new grading policy (pass/fail versus A,B,C) would be beneficial for me or harmful? pre-med college-admissions undergraduate...

givingiscaring

Jox I.’s Avatar
Jox I. Nov 02, 2020 123 views

A Question for Optometrists

What type of minor surgeries do optometrist do in some states. medical health healthcare...

pre-med

grace M.’s Avatar
grace M. Oct 30, 2020 101 views

what classes do i need to take in order to do my futrue career

i am outgoing and kind, i also love to help people whenever i can, i also always w wanted to be in the medical field pre-med...

medicine