Career Questions tagged Pre Med

Pre-Med is a term used for undergraduate college students who are on track to go to medical school. Popular medical doctor careers include a pediatrician, surgeon, and anesthesiologist. Please read...

Alex O.’s Avatar
Alex O. Apr 01 121 views

Smith or Bates?

Hi! I need to take a decision and choose the college I want to go to for the next 4 years. I got admitted to both Smith and Bates and will be playing soccer at whichever one I choose. I also plan to do Pre-Med with a Biology major. I visited both schools and absolutely loved them. If anyone...

#biology #smithcollege #college #collegedecision #pre-med #batescollege

Ane S.’s Avatar
Ane S. Mar 23 105 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose. I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice? #doctor #medicine #canada #medical-school #pre-med...

#premed

Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Feb 24 171 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

#medicine #biology #chemistry #doctor #health #pre-med

ben O.’s Avatar
ben O. Jan 13 104 views
Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 182 views

What should a pre-med student living in the pandemic do right now?

With the pandemic going on, all of my plans to build my pre-medical portfoli have been put on hold. What can I do to ensure I am still maximizing my time as an undergrad on the pre-med track (volunteer, job, internship, etc)? #givingiscaring #student #college...

#pre-med

Tatiana A.’s Avatar
Tatiana A. Oct 29, 2020 94 views
Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. Aug 12, 2018 354 views
Serban I.’s Avatar
Serban I. Aug 31, 2018 294 views

Where can I find opportunities for research and/or premed work that will help my med-school application?

I'm looking for research and work opportunities that will help boost my profile when I apply to med schools. #research #biology #science #pre-med...

#career-path

Serban I.’s Avatar
Serban I. Aug 31, 2018 287 views

How can I be sure about what career path to pursue?

I'm studying Molecular Cell Biology as a premed major and want to pursue medicine. How can I be sure that's the right path? #career # #pre-med...

#college-major

Brianna M.’s Avatar
Brianna M. Aug 31, 2018 325 views

Can I get come advice for pre med?

I’m nervous about pre med programs, because I’ve heard they’re very rigorous and I have a track record of having a bad memory. I can work hard but I’d just like to be more prepared for pre med in college. #pre-med...

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 277 views

Pre-med course selection?

What does the average pre-med students course selection look like? #pre-med...

#courseselection

Naomi A.’s Avatar
Naomi A. Aug 21, 2018 294 views
Robre'ana H.’s Avatar
Robre'ana H. Aug 09, 2018 322 views

How can I stop procrastinating and become proactive?

I’m always extremely motivated to get the work done but when it comes down to beginning, I lose all motivation (ie beginning college application essays or studying for a test). I am currently in a practical nursing program at school and would love to gain everything I can now instead of having...

#education #college #pre-med #high-school-classes

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 267 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

Shugufa M.’s Avatar
Shugufa M. Apr 28, 2018 365 views

What things can I do during pursuing my bachelor's degree to improve my chances of getting accepted into medical school?

I am asking this question because I would appreciate all the advice that I can get on this question. I don't have anyone that can really guide me in this whole process, and some advice on the route that I should take would really help. #medicine #doctor #med-school #medical-school #pre-med...

#admissions #healthcare

Julia H.’s Avatar
Julia H. May 04, 2018 340 views

What are the best free resources for MCAT prep?

I know about Khan academy and I would prefer multi-media study resources if possible. Any tips? #help ##studying #trying-to-ace-it #free-studying #resources #studying #testing #test-prep #mcat -school #med-school #pre-med #medicine...

#doctor

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 324 views
Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 345 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Sophia P.’s Avatar
Sophia P. May 23, 2018 298 views

What kind of back up plans are available for pre-med students?

There are more applicants than matriculants and it will only get more difficult to enter medical school. What are some back up plans that a student majoring in science can have aside in order to prepare for the worst outcome: rejection? #college #medicine #doctor #medical-school #med-school...

#science #pre-med #graduate-school

Saul G.’s Avatar
Saul G. Oct 29, 2016 461 views

What is one advice that you would give Pre-Medical students as they are pursuing to go to medical school?

I am asking because the odds of adding medical school is a small ratio to students that actually take the pre-med prerequisites. With odds like this, many people refuse to take pre-med if they will not have a shot. I am curious to see what professionals think. #college #medicine #medical-school...

#hospital-and-health-care #pre-med #healthcare

Bianca L.’s Avatar
Bianca L. Jul 10, 2018 283 views

I don't know what to minor in, what can I minor in?

I'm planning to major in biology, although I don't know what to minor in. I love medicine, especially like helping people, I want to become a doctor of some sort but I don't know what kind of doctor. #pre-med #biology...

#doctor

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 436 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#doctorate-degree #physician-assistant #nurse-practitioner #medical-school #pre-med

Iris M.’s Avatar
Iris M. Jul 09, 2018 453 views

How can I decide on what category of biology I want to major in?

I'm Iris and I have always loved all things science and biology. Since my early childhood days, I have wanted to be a doctor or surgeon. However, as I've grown my ideas of what I want to be have changed and now I no longer have as clear of an idea of what I would like to do. I was hoping I...

#biology #doctor #university #healthcare #majors #science #surgeon #pre-med