Career Questions tagged Pre Med

Pre-Med is a term used for undergraduate college students who are on track to go to medical school. Popular medical doctor careers include a pediatrician, surgeon, and anesthesiologist. Please read...

Makayla H.’s Avatar
Makayla H. May 14 81 views

What are different types of neuroscience careers you can get with an MD?

I am in my last year of undergraduate for a neuroscience major and just started thinking I want to do pre-med. But, I am struggling with what speciality I would wanna do with an in MD related to neuroscience . I am very interested in forensics so like forensic neuropathology (but scared I might...

#medical #md #medical-school #forensicneuropsychology #neuropsychology #doctor #neuroscience #pre-med #neuropathology #forensicneuropathology #forensic

On Ni L.’s Avatar
On Ni L. May 14 106 views

Where can I look for shadowing opportunities from a GP/ a specialist?

I am Annie, a year 3 student studying business administration and law at the University of Hong Kong, but it has always been my passion to enter a medical school and serve as a surgeon in the future. I am looking into applying for MD at Duke-NUS upon graduation of my current degree. And I would...

#medical #healthcare #pre-med #mcat #doctor #medicine

Nishk S.’s Avatar
Nishk S. Feb 19 132 views

My guidance counselor suggested that I take at-least 3 years of my foreign language. I am trying to go to a good pre-med college, and she told me that many want to see at-least 3 years. What is the best option for me?

I am going into 11th grade and have had trouble deciding my foreign language. I am doubling science courses and am not that good at language. I also want to continue my passion for Computer Science. #college #higher-education #guidancecounsler #pre-med...

#language

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. Aug 12, 2018 272 views

How can I obtain shadowing opportunities for the medical field?

I want to be a doctor and need shadowing opportunities of various fields. #pre-med #doctor #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare...

#med-school

Serban I.’s Avatar
Serban I. Aug 31, 2018 216 views

Where can I find opportunities for research and/or premed work that will help my med-school application?

I'm looking for research and work opportunities that will help boost my profile when I apply to med schools. #research #biology #science #pre-med...

#career-path

Serban I.’s Avatar
Serban I. Aug 31, 2018 210 views

How can I be sure about what career path to pursue?

I'm studying Molecular Cell Biology as a premed major and want to pursue medicine. How can I be sure that's the right path? #career # #pre-med...

#college-major

Brianna M.’s Avatar
Brianna M. Aug 31, 2018 210 views

Can I get come advice for pre med?

I’m nervous about pre med programs, because I’ve heard they’re very rigorous and I have a track record of having a bad memory. I can work hard but I’d just like to be more prepared for pre med in college. #pre-med...

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 211 views

Pre-med course selection?

What does the average pre-med students course selection look like? #pre-med...

#courseselection

Naomi A.’s Avatar
Naomi A. Aug 21, 2018 228 views
Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. Aug 15, 2018 235 views
Robre'ana H.’s Avatar
Robre'ana H. Aug 09, 2018 239 views

How can I stop procrastinating and become proactive?

I’m always extremely motivated to get the work done but when it comes down to beginning, I lose all motivation (ie beginning college application essays or studying for a test). I am currently in a practical nursing program at school and would love to gain everything I can now instead of having...

#education #college #pre-med #high-school-classes

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 198 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

Shugufa M.’s Avatar
Shugufa M. Apr 28, 2018 277 views

What things can I do during pursuing my bachelor's degree to improve my chances of getting accepted into medical school?

I am asking this question because I would appreciate all the advice that I can get on this question. I don't have anyone that can really guide me in this whole process, and some advice on the route that I should take would really help. #medicine #doctor #med-school #medical-school #pre-med...

#healthcare #admissions

Julia H.’s Avatar
Julia H. May 04, 2018 268 views

What are the best free resources for MCAT prep?

I know about Khan academy and I would prefer multi-media study resources if possible. Any tips? #help ##studying #trying-to-ace-it #free-studying #resources #studying #testing #test-prep #mcat -school #med-school #pre-med #medicine...

#doctor

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 248 views
Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 270 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Sophia P.’s Avatar
Sophia P. May 23, 2018 243 views

What kind of back up plans are available for pre-med students?

There are more applicants than matriculants and it will only get more difficult to enter medical school. What are some back up plans that a student majoring in science can have aside in order to prepare for the worst outcome: rejection? #college #medicine #doctor #medical-school #med-school...

#graduate-school #pre-med #science

Saul G.’s Avatar
Saul G. Oct 29, 2016 400 views

What is one advice that you would give Pre-Medical students as they are pursuing to go to medical school?

I am asking because the odds of adding medical school is a small ratio to students that actually take the pre-med prerequisites. With odds like this, many people refuse to take pre-med if they will not have a shot. I am curious to see what professionals think. #college #medicine #medical-school...

#healthcare #pre-med #hospital-and-health-care

Bianca L.’s Avatar
Bianca L. Jul 10, 2018 214 views

I don't know what to minor in, what can I minor in?

I'm planning to major in biology, although I don't know what to minor in. I love medicine, especially like helping people, I want to become a doctor of some sort but I don't know what kind of doctor. #pre-med #biology...

#doctor

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 341 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#doctorate-degree #medical-school #physician-assistant #pre-med #nurse-practitioner

Iris M.’s Avatar
Iris M. Jul 09, 2018 385 views

How can I decide on what category of biology I want to major in?

I'm Iris and I have always loved all things science and biology. Since my early childhood days, I have wanted to be a doctor or surgeon. However, as I've grown my ideas of what I want to be have changed and now I no longer have as clear of an idea of what I would like to do. I was hoping I...

#healthcare #biology #doctor #science #majors #pre-med #surgeon #university

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. May 30, 2018 236 views
Erykah W.’s Avatar
Erykah W. Apr 25, 2018 330 views

What college extracurriculars should I focus on?

I'm starting college in the fall and am wondering what type of extracurriculars I should do. I'm aware of the many types that my school offers but I want to know how my time would be best spent as a pre-med student. I will of course do what I find enjoyable but I also want to know of any...

#college-advice #pre-med #time-management #extracurriculars

Stephane karel T.’s Avatar
Stephane karel T. Jan 16, 2018 395 views

What are some advices a college student can give to a high school student planning to attend college?

I am asking this question because i am in high school and i would love to know how college work and also know what are the positive thing that would help you succeed while you’re in college . I would love to be a #pediatrician #college #medicine #pre-med...

#healthcare

Kennedy S.’s Avatar
Kennedy S. Jan 16, 2018 288 views

Is it better to major in non science majors as a premed student

Would like to apply to medical school . Was told medical schools look for diverse students who stand out not just science majors #medicine #college-major #medical-school #college-admissions #graduate-school...

#pre-med

kennedy R.’s Avatar
kennedy R. Sep 01, 2017 246 views

What kind of scholarships should I apply for if I want to major in Pre-Medicine?

#pre-med I'm not sure what scholarships are right for me to apply for. I want to be a Gynecologist and I need to know all the right scholarships to apply for. #medicine #healthcare #scholarships...

#financial-aid