Career Questions tagged Field

How did you find your passion/major?

Many students, like myself, go to college and wonder "is this really the right major for me?". One terrible fact is (if you are already in college) the longer you take to find what you actually want to major in, the more it costs to change it. So I would like to know, how did you find what...

#majors #field #major #college #psychology

2

Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D.’s Avatar Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Sep 03 at 02:30 PM

Posted by Armando H.’s Avatar Armando H.
Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D. | Industrial-Organizational Psychology & HR Consulting I found my major through two avenues. First, was this curiosity ...

What can I start doing right now?

What kind of job could I start looking for, without having a bachelors degree but trying to get into the field of Occupation therapy. #jobs...

#field

1

Cassandra Buttgereit’s Avatar
Active Dec 03 at 05:30 PM

Posted by Vanissa L.’s Avatar Vanissa L.
Cassandra Buttgereit’s Avatar
Cassandra Buttgereit | New Employee Experience Support Coach Hi Vanissa,If you do not have a degree or any certifications ...

What’s the best major to pursue in order to become a neurosurgeon

I have little guidance from family members due to their lack of knowledge about college, therefore I’d like to have a better idea of what I’m getting into. I’ve narrowed down the choices to cellular and molecular biology and biomedical sciences. Are either of these two good choices or no? If...

#majors #doctor #field #neurosurgeon #medicine #neuroscience #surgery

1

Kevin Pan’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 at 06:31 PM

Posted by Destiny W.’s Avatar Destiny W.
Kevin Pan’s Avatar
Kevin Pan | Software Engineer at Airbnb Hi Destiny!I'm currently a software engineer, but I actually majored in ...

What Are Some Jobs In The Field of Marine Biology?

Marine Biology has always fascinated and captivated me. What are some jobs that are applicable to my interests? I would love to do field work most of all, but I know it is a competitive field. If there are any Marine Biologists out there I would love to hear what you have to say! #marinebio...

#career #field #oceanography #degree #ocean

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 07 at 07:36 PM

Posted by Owen P.’s Avatar Owen P.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential There are many options in the field of marine biology. The ...
Peter Sturtevant’s Avatar
Peter Sturtevant | Retired Civil Engineer Kendyll:Your question implies that you are interested in pursuing engineering as ...

What should I know for an internship?

I asked a similar question about what should I know for shadowing, and, well, this is very similar. Do I need to have extensive knowledge of the field that I internship for, or should I treat it as a learning experience where I go in with familiarity of the field, but still have many questions?...

#medicine #field #opnion #internships #doctor

0

Active Jul 03 at 05:35 PM

Posted by Jacqueline U.’s Avatar Jacqueline U.

What can I do now that I am in college to get ahead in the medical field?

I am thinking about studying medicine. I am really interested in being a physician or an orthodontist. I would like to know of any programs online or available in person to get more knowledge of the field. I want to be sure of what I want to study before I start college. #doctor #field...

#medicine #physician #medical-field #college #orthodontist

2

Laura Colombel’s Avatar Wendy Zenzen, MD’s Avatar
Active Aug 13 at 04:04 PM

Posted by Angela A.’s Avatar Angela A.
Laura Colombel’s Avatar
Laura Colombel | Healthcare Industry Strategist/Healthcare SMEs/Analytics & Research Hi, Angela. The best thing you can do to learn if ...

What is the most interesting field in early childhood education?

I want to major in early childhood education and I was wondering what the most interesting thing to do is in this field? #college #major #majors #field...

#education

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active May 22 at 05:02 PM

Posted by Ashley M.’s Avatar Ashley M.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential You are asking a question that only you can answer by ...

When searching for a job in this career field, what helped when you were searching for a job to fit what you've wanted to do after college?

I have been very interested in science since I was very little. The one thing I've always wanted to do was become a wildlife field biologist and have wanted to do this since I was 7. The only problem is, there are so many jobs out there but I don't know which one would be the type for me. Even...

#career #science #field

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active May 22 at 05:08 PM

Posted by Ashlie S.’s Avatar Ashlie S.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential During my education/career journey and my many years in Human Resources ...
Victoria German’s Avatar
Victoria German | Sr. Mgr. Ntwrk Security & HSO Member Hi Rocio,This is a great question. There are so many great ...

What is the best field of study in the medical field?

I am wanting to be in the medical field and I was wondering what is the best field of study to get into. What does the world need the most in the future and what can I do to improve the future of society? #society #medicine #field...

#future

0

Active Jan 21 at 08:50 PM

Posted by Thi D.’s Avatar Thi D.

What was your undergraduate major, and why did you choose it?

I ask this question because not everyone gets a job in their field of study. This question is for those who do not know what they want to study, and are looking for someone who was in a similar situation. A lot of people don't know what to study when they get to college, so did your major play...

#major #mba #field #job #college #minor

6

Ryan Paredez’s Avatar Rachel Chace’s Avatar Rachel Chace’s Avatar Lisa Woodis’s Avatar +2
Active Jun 04 at 08:52 PM

Posted by Kyle Y.’s Avatar Kyle Y.
Ryan Paredez’s Avatar
Ryan Paredez | Community Manager at Microsoft I decided to study international business. In all honesty, I picked ...

Did you have trouble picking a certain area to start studing as a major and if so what was the deciding factor for you?

Im very indecisive and would like to hear others opinions. #health...

#field

1

Jenn Hatfield’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:44 PM

Posted by Sydney H.’s Avatar Sydney H.
Jenn Hatfield’s Avatar
Jenn Hatfield | Education Research Assistant Yes, I had some trouble because I'm interested in a lot ...

How can I get internships?

Let's say I have been in college for a few years and I want to obtain an internship around my field. What is a grat way to get an internship? It seems as if internships are really hard to get and that they are really selective. #internships...

#field

1

Mikio Bohler’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:42 PM

Posted by Tiffanie L.’s Avatar Tiffanie L.
Mikio Bohler’s Avatar
Mikio Bohler | CEO at Mikios Natural Body Scrub LLC You have several options: go to www.usajobs.gov and search for internships. ...

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but...

#sports-marketing #field #sports-journalism #sports #sports-agent #sports-medicine #athletics #sport #sports-media

1

Monty Clegg’s Avatar
Active Oct 16 '17 at 02:43 AM

Posted by James D.’s Avatar James D.
Monty Clegg’s Avatar
Monty Clegg | Assoc. Manager of Events at ESPN Events The direction in the sports field is only limited by your ...

Was it hard getting exposed into the entrepreneur world and making your own label for yourself?

Entrepreneurship is a big step and you need a lot of connections to achieve it! My cousin actually got into that field by connections because it isn't easy. #entrepreneurship #social #networking #entertainment #entrepreneur #field #career-goals...

#achieve

3

Tamara Smith, M.S., CPLC’s Avatar Kim Schiavone’s Avatar Playwright & Author Leslie Green’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:40 PM

Posted by Britney M.’s Avatar Britney M.
Tamara Smith, M.S., CPLC’s Avatar
Tamara Smith, M.S., CPLC | Founder and Life Coach at You Fit Well, ... Becoming an entrepreneur is a major task and a great responsibility ...

Are there stereotypes towards different majors/jobs? If yes, What are those stereotypes?

It seems like in college there are bias that fields lie science, accounting.. and so and much harder than other fields. #majors #field...

#stereotypes

1

Christopher Petoskey’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:39 PM

Christopher Petoskey’s Avatar
Christopher Petoskey | Registered Vascular Technologist at UHS Hospitals It all depends on each individual student. Many science and math ...

What kind of jobs are in the communications field?

I'm a communications major and business minor, since these interests are very general, what are the types of jobs you can find in these fields? #college #career #major...

#field

1

Baker Todd’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:38 PM

Baker Todd’s Avatar
Baker Todd | Supply Chain Tiffanie, I suggest you do some research on your question. A ...

How challenging is it to reach your full potential in the medical field? Is it difficult to get tons of experience before you receive your degree?

I'm interested in becoming an anesthesiologist after college and these are some questions of my concern. #doctor #medical #field #medicine #science #hospital-and-health-care...

#career

2

Robert Steed’s Avatar Deb Pahl’s Avatar
Active Nov 08 '17 at 05:58 AM

Posted by Chyna G.’s Avatar Chyna G.
Robert Steed’s Avatar
Robert Steed | Endocrinologist The typical time to become an anesthesiologist after college is: Medical ...

How common is it to find a job as an anesthesiologist?

I would love to hear someone perspective on this field because I would love to one day become an anesthesiologist! #doctor #medical #anesthesiologist #field #hospital-and-health-care #science #medical...

#medicine

2

Angela Coffman’s Avatar Vernon Turner’s Avatar
Active Dec 07 '17 at 11:39 AM

Posted by Chyna G.’s Avatar Chyna G.
Angela Coffman’s Avatar
Angela Coffman | Nurse at PDI Surgery Center I work with many and they seems to work to much! ...

Would a BS degree in Environmental Engineering help me with my career goal to be a Director of a Water Treatment Plant?

I am currently enrolled in the Water Technology Program at my high school and hope to graduate high school with my General AA from the community college as well as my class C water operator's license. I am trying to decide on my university and major for after I grudate. #in #field #water...

#career #science #environment #engineering #college #career-counseling

3

DAVID WEBER’s Avatar Vernon Turner’s Avatar Anne Harvey’s Avatar
Active Jan 24 at 07:21 PM

Posted by Allyson F.’s Avatar Allyson F.
DAVID WEBER’s Avatar
DAVID WEBER | ATKINS yes...you could also go into consulting engineering or be Director of ...

how much do clinical psychologist get paid per year?

Because i am very interested in having this job in the future. #in...

#field

1

Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:11 PM

Posted by Sofia  P.’s Avatar Sofia P.
Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Daniela Silva | Educational Writer- New Heights Educational Group Hi Sofia According to the 2014-15 Occupational Outlook Handbook from the ...

What are some other jobs/careers that relate with aerospace engineering?

I am currently interested with aerospace engineering, and I would like to gain more knowledge within the field. I would like other careers that relate within the field so I can have other possible career options. #engineering #career #aerospace #future #knowledge...

#field

1

Shuvom Ghose’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:01 PM

Posted by Forrest R.’s Avatar Forrest R.
Shuvom Ghose’s Avatar
Shuvom Ghose | Project Manager at CAPINC Engineers are always problem solvers, no matter the field. Any career ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)