Career Questions tagged Women In Tech

Melanie R.’s Avatar
Melanie R. Apr 11 287 views

As a woman have you ever felt discouraged going into a male dominated field?

As a woman wanting to go into a male dominated field I often find it scary thinking there won't be much women around me. Have you ever been discouraged from it? How did you deal with it?

Ana V.’s Avatar
Ana V. Sep 23, 2020 421 views

What are some resources I can use to educate myself about sustainability and possibly enter the field? What are your favorites?

#field #sustainability #research #climatechange
#women-in-tech

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Sep 16, 2020 593 views

What are some of the most meaningful non-healthcare STEM careers?

#stem #women-in-stem #women-in-tech #careers #mathematics #stemcareers #science #engineering #technology #impact

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Sep 09, 2020 811 views

What is it like to be a woman in engineering?

#engineers #biomedical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #career-counseling #women #stem #technology #college #engineering #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #stemcareers #women-in-tech

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 02, 2019 3621 views

UX/UI Designer V.S Web Developer

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I just started my journey in coding (HTML/CSS/Javascript) three months ago, I love it and I experience the so-called 'flow' state when I'm coding. (definitely a great sign!) I was wondering if you could share some...

adriana O.’s Avatar
adriana O. May 17, 2019 294 views

what are the tools we use by being a welder ?

#women-in-tech

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 537 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine #women-in-tech . #tech #startups #technology #medicine#helping

Allison G.’s Avatar
Allison G. Aug 17, 2018 459 views

Is a masters necessary for the stem field

I don’t know if I want my masters or just bachelors degree #women-in-tech

Reva J.’s Avatar
Reva J. Jul 25, 2018 614 views

Is it hard being in a completely male dominated environment?

#women-in-tech #computerscience

Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 602 views

Has it become easier for women to get jobs in technology?

Seems like it was a struggle for women to break into the industry for a while. #women-in-tech #web-applications

Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 499 views

How did women in technology stay focused and motivated in college?

I'm asking because I will be starting my Freshman year majoring in Information Technology in Fall 2018. #women-in-tech #web-applications

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 678 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 28, 2018 660 views

What does a computer engineer do?

What does a computer engineer do? What are the career options for a computer engineer? What does a day in the life of a computer engineer entail? #engineering #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #computer-engineering #stem #girls-in-stem #girls-who-code #computer-software #computer-hardware...

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Jan 19, 2018 631 views

How to successfully fundraise for a school club?

I would like to help my club afford attending different conferences. We are a club centered around STEM majors. We don't know the ins and outs of being sponsored by companies/raising money for the organization. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you. #college #university...

bianca D.’s Avatar
bianca D. Jan 18, 2018 885 views

I wonder how I can combine my passion for writing and technology into a career that I will absolutely love.

I know it is important for me to live my best life. This starts by finding my 'dream' career. I want to be successful in a career that I am passionate about. #career-counseling #career-choice #career #career-path #plan #future #question #creative-writing #women-in-tech #internships...

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 736 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem #mathematics

Kayla L.’s Avatar
Kayla L. Jan 17, 2018 717 views

What are some good ways to study Computer Science?

#women-in-tech #technology #computer-science #computer-engineering

Kayla L.’s Avatar
Kayla L. Jan 17, 2018 512 views

What are some great ways to find internships among the field of Computer Science?

I want to get hands on experience in this field #women-in-tech #computer-science #computer-engineering

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 685 views

How do I get more information about becoming a Private Investigator/Detective?

I am a Cyber Security Student with Corporate experience in Information Security. I was wondering if the CIA or NSA are the places to look into? #criminal-justice #information-security #cyber-security #citi #women-in-tech

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 662 views

What other branches of studies should Information Security students look into?

I've interned with Citibank for the past few years and I had an opportunity to work with the cyber security team. With the majors I have been advised to pursue they all lead to computer science. As a college freshmen I don't have to make the final decision but I was wondering if anyone in the...

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 2123 views

What does a biotechnologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #biology #tech #biotechnology #women-in-tech

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 3687 views

What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #women-in-tech #reading #women-in-engineering #books

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 967 views

What made you decide that a career in STEM was a good fit for you? What (or who) in particular influenced this?

I am asking this due to my curiosity about what causes individuals to pick their career paths. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #stem #women-in-stem #women-in-tech

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 851 views

As a woman in a STEM field or a woman going into a STEM field, have you ever felt that you were in any discriminated against due to your gender?

As an 18 year old female chem major (soon to be chemical engineering), I'm curious about others experiences in typically male dominated classes/majors/jobs. #engineering #science #chemistry #stem #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #women-in-tech #women-in-engineering

Bronwyn G.’s Avatar
Bronwyn G. Oct 30, 2016 813 views

Where can I find organizations that support women in STEM-related careers?

As a woman hoping to get a STEM-related career after college, I recognize the fact that there are few of us. Are there any organizations or places where I may be able to find like-minded women?I believe it is important for women to support one another, especially in a male-dominated field of...

Ese B.’s Avatar
Ese B. Oct 29, 2016 1010 views

What is it like being a women in the engineering field?

I am really interested in entering the engineering field and have been for awhile and I just wanted a little insight on the day in the life of a women in these types of fields. #engineering #women-in-tech

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 897 views

Are biodemical engineers highly needed in the STEM field?

I was looking at a few statistics online, and came across a few websites that listed stem careers in demand. Most of the are software developers , computer programmers and mechanical engineers. I'm a woman going into the biomedical engineering field and was concerned about all the hard work and...

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 732 views

Will a degree in biomedical engineering help me get a career in the STEM field?

I recently spoke to a friend that is in the program. She told me she can't find a lot of jobs with this degree since it covers a broad range of topics and not just a certain one like mechanical, civil engineering does. I've been doing research for osseointegrated prosthetic limbs, and wanted to...

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 27, 2016 813 views

How do you think we can encourage more women to pursue a career in STEM fields?

As a young lady myself, I am saddened by the lack of interest in STEM that I see in my female peers. As children, an equal amount of men and women are interested in STEM fields, but as we grow up, girls seem to view STEM as a more masculine field and begin to distance themselves from it. I...

Lydia H.’s Avatar
Lydia H. Oct 23, 2016 889 views

How can I get job experience related to STEM in high school?

I want to be more secure in what field to pursue. #engineering #science #technology #mathematics #environmental-science #women-in-tech