Career Questions tagged Women In Tech

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Jul 02 100 views

UX/UI Designer V.S Web Developer

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I just started my journey in coding (HTML/CSS/Javascript) three months ago, I love it and I experience the so-called 'flow' state when I'm coding. (definitely a great sign!) I was wondering if you could share some...

#webdeveloper #career #webdev #coaching #ui #html #designer #mentorship #computer-science #computer #ux #css #women-in-tech #js #technology #information-technology

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 216 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine #women-in-tech . #tech #startups #technology...

Allison G.’s Avatar
Allison G. Aug 17, 2018 190 views

Is a masters necessary for the stem field

I don’t know if I want my masters or just bachelors degree...

#women-in-tech

Reva J.’s Avatar
Reva J. Jul 25, 2018 272 views
Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 253 views

Has it become easier for women to get jobs in technology?

Seems like it was a struggle for women to break into the industry for a while. #women-in-tech...

#web-applications

Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 237 views

How did women in technology stay focused and motivated in college?

I'm asking because I will be starting my Freshman year majoring in Information Technology in Fall 2018. #women-in-tech...

#web-applications

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 307 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

#women-in-stem #software-engineering #programmer #computer-science #women-in-tech

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 28, 2018 301 views

What does a computer engineer do?

What does a computer engineer do? What are the career options for a computer engineer? What does a day in the life of a computer engineer entail? #engineering #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #computer-engineering #stem #girls-in-stem #girls-who-code #computer-software #computer-hardware...

#computer-programming #computer-science

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Jan 19, 2018 343 views

How to successfully fundraise for a school club?

I would like to help my club afford attending different conferences. We are a club centered around STEM majors. We don't know the ins and outs of being sponsored by companies/raising money for the organization. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you. #college #university...

#stem #organization #sponsorship #women-in-tech #money #fundraising #student-clubs #non-profit-organization-management #civic-and-social-organization

bianca D.’s Avatar
bianca D. Jan 18, 2018 356 views
Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 362 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem...

#mathematics

Kayla L.’s Avatar
Kayla L. Jan 17, 2018 285 views
Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 679 views

What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #women-in-tech #reading #women-in-engineering...

#books

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 370 views

How do I get more information about becoming a Private Investigator/Detective?

I am a Cyber Security Student with Corporate experience in Information Security. I was wondering if the CIA or NSA are the places to look into? #criminal-justice #information-security #cyber-security #citi...

#women-in-tech

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 336 views

What other branches of studies should Information Security students look into?

I've interned with Citibank for the past few years and I had an opportunity to work with the cyber security team. With the majors I have been advised to pursue they all lead to computer science. As a college freshmen I don't have to make the final decision but I was wondering if anyone in the...

#choosing-a-major #women-in-stem #citi #robotics #technology #women-in-tech

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 725 views

What does a biotechnologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #biology #tech #biotechnology...

#women-in-tech

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 606 views

What made you decide that a career in STEM was a good fit for you? What (or who) in particular influenced this?

I am asking this due to my curiosity about what causes individuals to pick their career paths. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #stem #women-in-stem...

#women-in-tech

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 557 views

As a woman in a STEM field or a woman going into a STEM field, have you ever felt that you were in any discriminated against due to your gender?

As an 18 year old female chem major (soon to be chemical engineering), I'm curious about others experiences in typically male dominated classes/majors/jobs. #engineering #science #chemistry #stem #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #women-in-tech...

#women-in-engineering

Bronwyn G.’s Avatar
Bronwyn G. Oct 30, 2016 559 views

Where can I find organizations that support women in STEM-related careers?

As a woman hoping to get a STEM-related career after college, I recognize the fact that there are few of us. Are there any organizations or places where I may be able to find like-minded women?I believe it is important for women to support one another, especially in a male-dominated field of...

#women-in-stem #mechanical-engineering #organization #engineering #women-in-tech

Ese B.’s Avatar
Ese B. Oct 29, 2016 638 views

What is it like being a women in the engineering field?

I am really interested in entering the engineering field and have been for awhile and I just wanted a little insight on the day in the life of a women in these types of fields. #engineering...

#women-in-tech

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 628 views

Are biodemical engineers highly needed in the STEM field?

I was looking at a few statistics online, and came across a few websites that listed stem careers in demand. Most of the are software developers , computer programmers and mechanical engineers. I'm a woman going into the biomedical engineering field and was concerned about all the hard work and...

#women-in-stem #engineering #biomedical-engineering #women-in-tech #science #math

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 513 views

Will a degree in biomedical engineering help me get a career in the STEM field?

I recently spoke to a friend that is in the program. She told me she can't find a lot of jobs with this degree since it covers a broad range of topics and not just a certain one like mechanical, civil engineering does. I've been doing research for osseointegrated prosthetic limbs, and wanted to...

#stem #engineering #women-in-tech #women-in-leadership #science #women-in-stem #biomedical-engineering #math

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 27, 2016 496 views

How do you think we can encourage more women to pursue a career in STEM fields?

As a young lady myself, I am saddened by the lack of interest in STEM that I see in my female peers. As children, an equal amount of men and women are interested in STEM fields, but as we grow up, girls seem to view STEM as a more masculine field and begin to distance themselves from it. I...

#stem #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #young-adults #women

Lydia H.’s Avatar
Lydia H. Oct 23, 2016 614 views
Jiali C.’s Avatar
Jiali C. Oct 22, 2016 504 views

What type of Companies hire Someone with a Computer Science Degree?

I know companies like google or yahoo hires software engineers and the like. But what else would I be able to do with my comp science degree? #computer-science #computer-software...

#women-in-tech

Anna W.’s Avatar
Anna W. Oct 22, 2016 434 views

I'm planning on getting an engineering degree and then going into the medical field to become a doctor. Is biomedical engineering the best course of action for me, or is there another engineering field that would both interest and be beneficial for me?

I've been involved with the Math, Engineering, and Science Academy at my high school for the past four years and absolutely loved it. I love physics and I love the engineering classes offered at my school; however I've always been entranced with the prospect of being a doctor. I'd like to go to...

#doctor #computer-software #engineering #women-in-tech #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #biomedical-engineering #civil-engineering

Anna W.’s Avatar
Anna W. Oct 22, 2016 661 views

Due to the under-representation of women in engineering fields (and STEM fields in general), are there any double standards or certain "standards" that are expected and directed towards women?

Despite many women being encouraged to go into STEM fields, it is still a heavily male-dominated field which is a little intimidating. Since there isn't complete equal pay between the genders as well as double standards for both, I'm a little worried that my work as an engineer will be judged...

#engineering #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #women-in-engineering

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Oct 12, 2016 789 views

For female professionals: Have you even encountered any obstacles obtaining leadership positions because of your gender, and if so, how did you handle those challenges?

I've always had slight concerns about being a woman pursuing a historically male-dominated field (in my case, psychology research/professorship), and I was curious what have been the experiences of women in leadership positions. Was it difficult getting where you are because of your gender? Are...

#women-in-higher-ed #women-in-tech #women-in-leadership #women #women-in-engineering #leadership #women-in-stem #sexism