Career Questions tagged Women In Tech

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 02, 2019 3448 views

UX/UI Designer V.S Web Developer

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I just started my journey in coding (HTML/CSS/Javascript) three months ago, I love it and I experience the so-called 'flow' state when I'm coding. (definitely a great sign!) I was wondering if you could share some...

information-technology coaching html webdeveloper mentorship css designer women-in-tech computer career webdev technology ui js ux computer-science

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 434 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine women-in-tech . tech startups technology...

Allison G.’s Avatar
Allison G. Aug 17, 2018 373 views

Is a masters necessary for the stem field

I don’t know if I want my masters or just bachelors degree...

women-in-tech

Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 465 views
Kristin C.’s Avatar
Kristin C. May 11, 2018 389 views

How did women in technology stay focused and motivated in college?

I'm asking because I will be starting my Freshman year majoring in Information Technology in Fall 2018. women-in-tech...

web-applications

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 550 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

software-engineering programmer women-in-stem women-in-tech computer-science

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 28, 2018 533 views

What does a computer engineer do?

What does a computer engineer do? What are the career options for a computer engineer? What does a day in the life of a computer engineer entail? engineering women-in-tech women-in-stem computer-engineering stem girls-in-stem girls-who-code computer-software computer-hardware...

computer-programming computer-science

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Jan 19, 2018 529 views

How to successfully fundraise for a school club?

I would like to help my club afford attending different conferences. We are a club centered around STEM majors. We don't know the ins and outs of being sponsored by companies/raising money for the organization. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you. college university...

student-clubs fundraising stem non-profit-organization-management organization money civic-and-social-organization women-in-tech sponsorship

bianca D.’s Avatar
bianca D. Jan 18, 2018 693 views
Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 633 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. statistics women-in-tech women-in-stem stem...

mathematics

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 3117 views

What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. college engineering science technology tech women-in-tech reading women-in-engineering...

books

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 559 views

How do I get more information about becoming a Private Investigator/Detective?

I am a Cyber Security Student with Corporate experience in Information Security. I was wondering if the CIA or NSA are the places to look into? criminal-justice information-security cyber-security citi...

women-in-tech

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 521 views

What other branches of studies should Information Security students look into?

I've interned with Citibank for the past few years and I had an opportunity to work with the cyber security team. With the majors I have been advised to pursue they all lead to computer science. As a college freshmen I don't have to make the final decision but I was wondering if anyone in the...

choosing-a-major robotics women-in-stem women-in-tech technology citi

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 1706 views

What does a biotechnologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. biology tech biotechnology...

women-in-tech

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 859 views
Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 766 views

As a woman in a STEM field or a woman going into a STEM field, have you ever felt that you were in any discriminated against due to your gender?

As an 18 year old female chem major (soon to be chemical engineering), I'm curious about others experiences in typically male dominated classes/majors/jobs. engineering science chemistry stem chemical-engineering women-in-stem women-in-tech...

women-in-engineering

Bronwyn G.’s Avatar
Bronwyn G. Oct 30, 2016 723 views

Where can I find organizations that support women in STEM-related careers?

As a woman hoping to get a STEM-related career after college, I recognize the fact that there are few of us. Are there any organizations or places where I may be able to find like-minded women?I believe it is important for women to support one another, especially in a male-dominated field of...

engineering women-in-stem women-in-tech organization mechanical-engineering

Ese B.’s Avatar
Ese B. Oct 29, 2016 873 views

What is it like being a women in the engineering field?

I am really interested in entering the engineering field and have been for awhile and I just wanted a little insight on the day in the life of a women in these types of fields. engineering...

women-in-tech

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 819 views

Are biodemical engineers highly needed in the STEM field?

I was looking at a few statistics online, and came across a few websites that listed stem careers in demand. Most of the are software developers , computer programmers and mechanical engineers. I'm a woman going into the biomedical engineering field and was concerned about all the hard work and...

engineering women-in-stem women-in-tech biomedical-engineering math science

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 655 views

Will a degree in biomedical engineering help me get a career in the STEM field?

I recently spoke to a friend that is in the program. She told me she can't find a lot of jobs with this degree since it covers a broad range of topics and not just a certain one like mechanical, civil engineering does. I've been doing research for osseointegrated prosthetic limbs, and wanted to...

science engineering biomedical-engineering stem math women-in-stem women-in-tech women-in-leadership

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 27, 2016 702 views

How do you think we can encourage more women to pursue a career in STEM fields?

As a young lady myself, I am saddened by the lack of interest in STEM that I see in my female peers. As children, an equal amount of men and women are interested in STEM fields, but as we grow up, girls seem to view STEM as a more masculine field and begin to distance themselves from it. I...

women-in-stem women women-in-tech stem young-adults

Lydia H.’s Avatar
Lydia H. Oct 23, 2016 808 views
Jiali C.’s Avatar
Jiali C. Oct 22, 2016 697 views

What type of Companies hire Someone with a Computer Science Degree?

I know companies like google or yahoo hires software engineers and the like. But what else would I be able to do with my comp science degree? computer-science computer-software...

women-in-tech