Career Questions tagged Environmental Engineering

David C.’s Avatar
David C. May 03 41 views
Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. May 25, 2018 241 views
Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 272 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#career-path #career-paths #career-planning #mastersdegree #environmental-science #masters-degree #career-plan #environmental #environment #phd

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018 190 views

Would a degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering provide more job prospects out of college?

I am currently interested in studying Environmental Engineering.. I want to focus on Soil and want to make sure that I will have job prospects coming out of college. #environmental-engineering...

#environmental-science

Allison D.’s Avatar
Allison D. Mar 16, 2018 195 views
Allison D.’s Avatar
Allison D. Mar 16, 2018 229 views
Lisette L.’s Avatar
Lisette L. Mar 13, 2018 255 views

What classes should I try and attend to in high school if I am intrested in Chemical Engineering?

I'm about to be a freshman in high school, and I have been thinking about what classes and electives I should take if I eventually want to be a Chemical Engineer or Environmental Engineer. Or what colleges I should eventually try and apply to if I want too pursue that career. Do you have and...

#chemical-engineering #environmental-engineering

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Jan 24, 2018 237 views

Which engineering career is best for someone with a bachelors in civil engineering that would make the most impact on improving environmental conditions?

I am asking because I have been passionate about solving the environmental problems around the world since I was in elementary school, and I am currently majoring in civil engineering because environmental engineering is under the civil engineering branch. Although I can just major in...

#engineering #environmental-engineering #civil-engineering #bachelors-degree

Jada Rogue S.’s Avatar
Jada Rogue S. Jan 22, 2018 260 views

Should I strive to be competitive at the expense of my own happiness?

I'm a high school junior that has straight A's and I'm involved in many extracurricular activities. I have a goal to become a rocket engineer because I excel in math, however, I sometimes think that I'd be much happier being a gardener or a janitor. #engineering #environmental-engineering...

#gardening #rocket-science #astrophysics #math

Meilin S.’s Avatar
Meilin S. Sep 29, 2017 362 views

As someone with an interest in Environmental Engineering, what kind of steps can I take in high school to further my exposure?

My future occupation is to become an Environmental Engineer. I want to help create new solutions that will make a lasting impact on our environment, and I am willing to take the necessary steps to get there. #environmental-engineering...

#lasting-impact

Allison T.’s Avatar
Allison T. Aug 31, 2017 256 views

What types of jobs can an environmental engineering major get right out of college?

I'm really interested in the field, but I have not been able to find what jobs they specifically do....

#environmental-engineering

Natalie D.’s Avatar
Natalie D. May 19, 2016 436 views

What environmental engineering fields incorporate foreign languages?

I am wanting to study German and Environmental Engineering at university this fall. I am pretty quick to pick up languages and I can speak Mandarin, French and German. I was wondering how useful languages can be in different engineering fields. #college #engineering #engineer #language...

#foreign-languages #environmental-engineering

Natalie D.’s Avatar
Natalie D. May 19, 2016 345 views

What classes are extremely beneficial to Environmental Engineering majors?

I want to select classes that really help me to become more knowledgeable in my major. #engineering #engineer...

#environmental-engineering

Rafael M.’s Avatar
Rafael M. May 06, 2016 435 views

What major is perfect to become an energy engineer?

I am about to enter to college, and would need to know which major is great for to become an energy engineer, or someone that is within the renewable energy sector. Some people say mechanical engineering, and others say environmental engineering, or electrical engineering, and I would need to...

#mechanical-engineering #engineering #engineer #environmental-engineering #department-of-energy #renewable-energy

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Nov 14, 2016 967 views

Are there engineering majors out there directly related to animals?

Animals have always been a huge passion of mine. I would love to know if there are any engineering majors that I can study that can lead me to an engineering job that involves working with animals. #engineering #civil-engineering #biomedical-engineering #animals #women-in-stem...

#environmental-engineering #women-in-engineering #animal-welfare

Israt A.’s Avatar
Israt A. Oct 30, 2016 587 views

As an environmental engineer, do you feel as useful as you thought you would before you chose the career?

The reason I'd like to pursue a career in environmental science is because I am genuinely passionate about being educated about the ways in which I can improve our environment. I'm curious as to whether or not most environmental engineers fulfill this passion during their careers....

#environmental-science #environment #environmental-engineering

Israt A.’s Avatar
Israt A. Oct 30, 2016 571 views

What's the typical day of an environmental engineer like?

I'm interested in becoming one, but I hope it's not centered around anything boring, like paperwork. #engineering #environmental-science...

#environmental-engineering

Allison E.’s Avatar
Allison E. Oct 30, 2016 419 views

What are some cool places you get to go as an environmental engineer?

I am in engineering classes right now and the field I am most interested in is environmental engineering. I interviewed an environmental engineer earlier this year, and his answers to the questions I asked were very interesting. I would like to know if the majority of environmental engineers...

#environmental-engineering

Adriana C.’s Avatar
Adriana C. Oct 27, 2016 1107 views

What is a day in the life of an Environmental scientist like?

I am curious if all Environmental Scientists have the opportunity to explore the outdoors to obtain samples and gain knowledge out in the field for their researches. #environmental-science #environmental-engineering #sustainability...

#forestry

Adriana C.’s Avatar
Adriana C. Oct 27, 2016 1745 views

What is the main difference between an Environment Engineer and an Environmental Scientist?

I am genuinely interested in the well being of the environment. I want to major in one of these two, but still have not decided between the two. #college-major #environmental-science #environmental-engineering...

#sustainability

Alyssa C.’s Avatar
Alyssa C. Oct 25, 2016 556 views

How do you think the increasing environmental issues of the planet will impact the field of environmental science and studies?

I have been interested in studying the environment since my freshman year in high school when I took my first environmental biology class and wonder how the ever increasing issues that the environment today is facing will end up changing various parts of the study. For example, job...

#environmental #environmental-science #environmental-services #environmental-engineering

Brody B.’s Avatar
Brody B. Oct 24, 2016 549 views

Whats the best college to go to if you want to major in gelogical or environmental engineering?

I want to be one of these types of engineers, but I can't decide between them. #engineering...

#environmental-engineering

Jose G.’s Avatar
Jose G. Oct 23, 2016 252 views

What steps did you take to get where you are now? Being an environmental engineer.

Millennial concerned about global warming and wants to pursue a career in environmental engineering....

#environmental-engineering

Jose G.’s Avatar
Jose G. Oct 23, 2016 435 views

What is it like being an environmental engineer and what kind of impact do you have for the future?

Millennial concerned with global warming and everyone's future....

#environmental-engineering

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Oct 22, 2016 677 views

Do Environmental engineers work outside at all?

I love hands on work as well as problem-solving so I was interested in the work life of an environmental engineer....

#environmental-engineering

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Oct 20, 2016 402 views

What kinds of jobs do environmental engineers get?

I'm interested in majoring in environmental engineering so I was wondering about the kind of career i would pursuing after college....

#environmental-engineering

Myranda K.’s Avatar
Myranda K. Oct 18, 2016 436 views

What career choices are offered?

When studying for a degree in environmental engineering, what sorts of career choices open up? #career-choice #environment...

#environmental-engineering