Career Questions tagged Academic Advising

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 27, 2017 255 views

UGC NET Mock Test

From where I can find #ugc net mock test papers? #exams #studying #exam-prep...

#academic-advising

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 16, 2017 175 views

JEE Advanced preparation tips?

Want to know about last minute #preparation tips for JEE Advanced? #exams #studying...

#academic-advising

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 05, 2017 225 views
Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 142 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. #finance #debt...

#academic-advising

Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 274 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. #sociology #picking-classes #college...

#academic-advising

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 19, 2018 212 views

How can I create a minor for myself, while taking aspects from other majors and minors?

I wish to shape my own future, which is why I want to create a minor that is unique to myself and aspirations. #minors #college #college-major #college-minor #design-a-major #custom-major #custom-minor #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Morgan H.’s Avatar
Morgan H. Apr 19, 2018 145 views

If I take dual credit classes in high school, am I getting my basics done ahead of time?

I have always been told that if I take dual credit classes I’ll have enough hours to be a junior by my second semester. I was wondering if this was true or not. #ctc #career-and-technical-school #gen-eds #college #dual-credit #dual-enrollment #course-selection...

#academic-advising

Daniel S.’s Avatar
Daniel S. Apr 19, 2018 210 views

should I do a major and minor?

Specifically, next year I'm applying to NTID, Gallaudet, and Hunter College. I'm thinking about doing a major and minor. So is it possible for me to do both? #college #majors #minors #choosing-a-major #college-major...

#academic-advising

Andria R.’s Avatar
Andria R. Apr 24, 2018 164 views

Is it better to have two majors or multiple minors/immersions in college?

First of all, I would just like to say that I thought getting accepted into college would be my biggest hurdle during my college transfer process. However, now that acceptance letters have begun to roll in I'm finding that choosing the perfect school that best fits my needs is even harder!...

#academic-advising #majors #minors #college-major #choosing-a-major #college

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 168 views

What course are a must-have for a psychiatry pre-med?

I just wanted to know which courses I could get a head start on. #medicine #psychiatry #pre-med #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #academic-advising #classes...

#courses

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 200 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Bryce Danniel A.’s Avatar
Bryce Danniel A. Jun 28, 2018 158 views

How do i become better at managing time?

I currently do part-time at work, while at the same time I go to school full time. I do about 20 hours of working and whatever time I have left is dedicated to school but I feel really stressed out cause its feels like work overload and this doesn't feel great. #college #school #work...

#academic-advising #time-management

Nyria B.’s Avatar
Nyria B. Jun 29, 2018 194 views
Anna L.’s Avatar
Anna L. Jul 09, 2018 296 views

How will I be able to get into Johns Hopkins University?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into John Hopkins. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips, and information about John...

#academic-advising #college-applications #jhu #johns-hopkins #medicine #college #applying-to-college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 739 views

Best colleges for undecided majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #undecided...

#academic-advising #college-major #choosing-a-major #unsure #college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 198 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#academic-advising #social-work #social-worker #courses #classes

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 219 views

What college courses are needed to become a teacher?

#academic-advising #classes #teacher #education

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 168 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

#academic-advising #major #college #choosing-a-major

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 215 views

I start college in the fall, but am undecided about a major. How do I decide?

I really have no idea what I want to do in the future. I will be a college freshman in the fall. Is that a big problem? #undecided #freshmen #college #college-major...

#academic-advising

Hazel C.’s Avatar
Hazel C. Jan 17, 2018 227 views

What tips do you recommend for someone who has trouble finding a study method that works for them

I have trouble #studying and I need some new #study-habits that will help me get through my semester...

#academic-advising

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 299 views

How often do people change their majors?

I think that I know what I want to study in college, but I'm worried that I'm going to change my mind once I actually start college, and that I won't be able to change. Is it hard for people to change their majors, and how many people actually do it? #college-major #choosing-a-major...

#changing-majors #academic-advising #college

Lyric L.’s Avatar
Lyric L. Jan 17, 2018 211 views

What are acceptable undergraduate majors to become a doctor?

I have hopes of studying biology in college but do not know if it there is a better major to select seeing as how I want to become a doctor. #majors #medicine #biology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #medical-school...

#academic-advising

Lyric L.’s Avatar
Lyric L. Jan 17, 2018 236 views

What is the difference between a B.S. & B.A. in Biology?

I have hopes of studying biology in college but do not know if it matters which Biology I select as my major. #majors #medicine #biology #academic-advising #college...

#college-major

Jai B.’s Avatar
Jai B. Jan 17, 2018 229 views

I wonder if I made the right choice on my major

I always wanted to be a forensic scientist, so i wanted to major in Criminal Psychology. But once i started looking into the kind of job I wanted, I changed to Business with a minor in Criminal Psychology. It is the biggest decision I have made in my life. #college #college-major...

#academic-advising #criminology #psychology #criminal-psychology #business

Neisha P.’s Avatar
Neisha P. Jan 17, 2018 283 views

Can graduate students take a test to receive their Bachelor' or Masters Degree? If so, what kind of proceess does it take?

I am a non traditional student who is almost 40. I am working 4 different jobs so I can obtain my Bachelor's degree in Construction Management. I already have 17 years experience in the petrochemical industry in a variety of mechanical careers. The faster I can get through school the better...

#graduate-school #academic-advising #construction-management #construction

Alanna O.’s Avatar
Alanna O. Jan 17, 2018 241 views

Is there great value in pursuing a doule major or major/minor combination? Or is it better to naroow your focus early on andpursue only one major?

I have contemplated doing a combination of both business and medicine to pursue a positon hospital administration, and possibly a minor in music as that has been a major element of my life thus far. I am wondering if that is maybe taking on more work than it wll ultimately be worth. #college...

#double-major #academic-advising #college-major #business #medicine

Sabrina M.’s Avatar
Sabrina M. Jan 17, 2018 248 views

If I want to become a doctor, what is the best major for me?

A lot of the colleges I'm considering don't have a "pre med" major, so I'm looking into majors such as biochemistry, biology, and chemistry. Do medical schools have a preference? #medicine #major #college #college-major #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #biology #chemistry...

#academic-advising

April C.’s Avatar
April C. Jan 17, 2018 404 views

What major is most effective if I want to go to grad school for physical therapy?

Universities offer a few majors/routes for undergrads that could work for PT grad school... which one puts me ahead? #physical-therapy #undergraduate #major #college-major #college...

#academic-advising