Career Questions tagged Academic Advising

Saba S.’s Avatar
Saba S. Apr 18 26 views
Kamryn H.’s Avatar
Kamryn H. Oct 19, 2020 85 views
ISIS V.’s Avatar
ISIS V. Oct 15, 2020 124 views

What is a Career choice?

I am a student who is currently doing research on sociology which has to do with my career interest. #academic-advising #students #career-goals...

#careers

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 27, 2017 499 views

UGC NET Mock Test

From where I can find #ugc net mock test papers? #exams #studying #exam-prep...

#academic-advising

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 16, 2017 338 views

JEE Advanced preparation tips?

Want to know about last minute #preparation tips for JEE Advanced? #exams #studying...

#academic-advising

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 306 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. #finance #debt...

#academic-advising

Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 555 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. #sociology #picking-classes #college...

#academic-advising

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 19, 2018 353 views
Morgan H.’s Avatar
Morgan H. Apr 19, 2018 252 views

If I take dual credit classes in high school, am I getting my basics done ahead of time?

I have always been told that if I take dual credit classes I’ll have enough hours to be a junior by my second semester. I was wondering if this was true or not. #ctc #career-and-technical-school #gen-eds #college #dual-credit #dual-enrollment #course-selection...

#academic-advising

Daniel S.’s Avatar
Daniel S. Apr 19, 2018 380 views

should I do a major and minor?

Specifically, next year I'm applying to NTID, Gallaudet, and Hunter College. I'm thinking about doing a major and minor. So is it possible for me to do both? #college #majors #minors #choosing-a-major #college-major...

#academic-advising

Andria R.’s Avatar
Andria R. Apr 24, 2018 278 views

Is it better to have two majors or multiple minors/immersions in college?

First of all, I would just like to say that I thought getting accepted into college would be my biggest hurdle during my college transfer process. However, now that acceptance letters have begun to roll in I'm finding that choosing the perfect school that best fits my needs is even harder!...

#minors #choosing-a-major #majors #college-major #college #academic-advising

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 323 views
Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 345 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Bryce Danniel A.’s Avatar
Bryce Danniel A. Jun 28, 2018 280 views

How do i become better at managing time?

I currently do part-time at work, while at the same time I go to school full time. I do about 20 hours of working and whatever time I have left is dedicated to school but I feel really stressed out cause its feels like work overload and this doesn't feel great. #college #school #work...

#time-management #academic-advising

Anna L.’s Avatar
Anna L. Jul 09, 2018 451 views

How will I be able to get into Johns Hopkins University?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into John Hopkins. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips, and information about John...

#johns-hopkins #college-applications #jhu #medicine #college #applying-to-college #academic-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 1594 views

Best colleges for undecided majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #undecided...

#college-major #choosing-a-major #college #unsure #academic-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 330 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#courses #classes #social-work #social-worker #academic-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 408 views

What college courses are needed to become a teacher?

#classes #teacher #education #academic-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 291 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

#college #choosing-a-major #major #academic-advising

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 379 views

I start college in the fall, but am undecided about a major. How do I decide?

I really have no idea what I want to do in the future. I will be a college freshman in the fall. Is that a big problem? #undecided #freshmen #college #college-major...

#academic-advising

Hazel C.’s Avatar
Hazel C. Jan 17, 2018 353 views

What tips do you recommend for someone who has trouble finding a study method that works for them

I have trouble #studying and I need some new #study-habits that will help me get through my semester...

#academic-advising

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 486 views

How often do people change their majors?

I think that I know what I want to study in college, but I'm worried that I'm going to change my mind once I actually start college, and that I won't be able to change. Is it hard for people to change their majors, and how many people actually do it? #college-major #choosing-a-major...

#college #changing-majors #academic-advising

Lyric L.’s Avatar
Lyric L. Jan 17, 2018 419 views

What are acceptable undergraduate majors to become a doctor?

I have hopes of studying biology in college but do not know if it there is a better major to select seeing as how I want to become a doctor. #majors #medicine #biology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #medical-school...

#academic-advising

Lyric L.’s Avatar
Lyric L. Jan 17, 2018 370 views

What is the difference between a B.S. & B.A. in Biology?

I have hopes of studying biology in college but do not know if it matters which Biology I select as my major. #majors #medicine #biology #academic-advising #college...

#college-major