Career Questions tagged Academic Advising

ISIS V.’s Avatar
ISIS V. Oct 15, 2020 170 views

What is a Career choice?

I am a student who is currently doing research on sociology which has to do with my career interest. academic-advising students career-goals...

careers

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 27, 2017 560 views

UGC NET Mock Test

From where I can find ugc net mock test papers? exams studying exam-prep...

academic-advising

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Dec 16, 2017 385 views

JEE Advanced preparation tips?

Want to know about last minute preparation tips for JEE Advanced? exams studying...

academic-advising

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 363 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. finance debt...

academic-advising

Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 683 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. sociology picking-classes college...

academic-advising

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 19, 2018 398 views

How can I create a minor for myself, while taking aspects from other majors and minors?

I wish to shape my own future, which is why I want to create a minor that is unique to myself and aspirations. minors college college-major college-minor design-a-major custom-major custom-minor academic-advising...

course-selection

Morgan H.’s Avatar
Morgan H. Apr 19, 2018 298 views

If I take dual credit classes in high school, am I getting my basics done ahead of time?

I have always been told that if I take dual credit classes I’ll have enough hours to be a junior by my second semester. I was wondering if this was true or not. ctc career-and-technical-school gen-eds college dual-credit dual-enrollment course-selection...

academic-advising

Daniel S.’s Avatar
Daniel S. Apr 19, 2018 426 views

should I do a major and minor?

Specifically, next year I'm applying to NTID, Gallaudet, and Hunter College. I'm thinking about doing a major and minor. So is it possible for me to do both? college majors minors choosing-a-major college-major...

academic-advising

Andria R.’s Avatar
Andria R. Apr 24, 2018 312 views

Is it better to have two majors or multiple minors/immersions in college?

First of all, I would just like to say that I thought getting accepted into college would be my biggest hurdle during my college transfer process. However, now that acceptance letters have begun to roll in I'm finding that choosing the perfect school that best fits my needs is even harder!...

choosing-a-major college academic-advising minors majors college-major

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 362 views
Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 407 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? pre-med science study-abroad academic-advising...

course-selection

Bryce Danniel A.’s Avatar
Bryce Danniel A. Jun 28, 2018 345 views

How do i become better at managing time?

I currently do part-time at work, while at the same time I go to school full time. I do about 20 hours of working and whatever time I have left is dedicated to school but I feel really stressed out cause its feels like work overload and this doesn't feel great. college school work...

academic-advising time-management

Anna L.’s Avatar
Anna L. Jul 09, 2018 497 views

How will I be able to get into Johns Hopkins University?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into John Hopkins. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips, and information about John...

college academic-advising medicine jhu college-applications johns-hopkins applying-to-college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 1761 views

Best colleges for undecided majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! undecided...

academic-advising unsure college choosing-a-major college-major

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 372 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

academic-advising social-worker social-work classes courses

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 540 views

What college courses are needed to become a teacher?

classes academic-advising education teacher

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 356 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! public-health...

choosing-a-major college academic-advising major

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 466 views

I start college in the fall, but am undecided about a major. How do I decide?

I really have no idea what I want to do in the future. I will be a college freshman in the fall. Is that a big problem? undecided freshmen college college-major...

academic-advising

Hazel C.’s Avatar
Hazel C. Jan 17, 2018 389 views

What tips do you recommend for someone who has trouble finding a study method that works for them

I have trouble studying and I need some new study-habits that will help me get through my semester...

academic-advising

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 540 views

How often do people change their majors?

I think that I know what I want to study in college, but I'm worried that I'm going to change my mind once I actually start college, and that I won't be able to change. Is it hard for people to change their majors, and how many people actually do it? college-major choosing-a-major...

college academic-advising changing-majors