Career Questions tagged Academic Advising

Kayana’s Avatar
Kayana Jun 21 127 views

I have this dream to study aboard after completing high school and pursue something in business and finance. What are your views about that?

I have talked to people, and they all seem to think that this is a great and passionate idea. I want some guidance on the best universities which are not too expensive and if it is, scholarships are provided.

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha Feb 11 220 views

What are the best AP classes are the best to take even if your are undecided in college major?

I am still young and have a lot to decide but will be in high school soon and need to figure everything out! #academic-advising

Skyleen’s Avatar
Skyleen Jun 29, 2021 244 views

What college classes/degrees do I need to be/earn in order to become a Youth Therapist?

I’m in 11th grade and want to start planning ahead for college. #student #college #psychology #academic-advising

Keerthi’s Avatar
Keerthi May 14, 2021 210 views

What is the procedure for a Indian student to get into a vet school abroad right after 12th?What are the requirements & exams required?

#academic-advising #college-student #extracurriculars #school-counseling #student-affairs #veterinary# abroad studying

Saba’s Avatar
Saba Apr 18, 2021 191 views

Which degree is required to become SDO in WAPDA

#academic-advising

Laniya’s Avatar
Laniya Nov 18, 2020 780 views

Is an economics minor useful? For those who have that minor or have employees that minor in economics, has it impacted your career and how?

I am a freshman International Business major. #college-minor #majors-and-minors #academic-advising #majors #GivingisCaring

Kamryn’s Avatar
Kamryn Oct 19, 2020 234 views

are NiCU nurses respected ?

#engineering #academic-advising

ISIS’s Avatar
ISIS Oct 15, 2020 269 views

What is a Career choice?

I am a student who is currently doing research on sociology which has to do with my career interest.
#academic-advising #students
#career-goals #careers

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Apr 28, 2020 310 views

Are there any Environmental Engineers out there interested in having a 20 minute zoom call with a college student?

I am an academic counselor looking to help a student make a connection. #engineer #environmental-engineering #academic-advising

Autumn’s Avatar
Autumn Aug 18, 2018 490 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. #finance #debt #academic-advising

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Jul 09, 2018 611 views

How will I be able to get into Johns Hopkins University?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into John Hopkins. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips, and information about John...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jul 04, 2018 1991 views

Best colleges for undecided majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #undecided...

Nyria’s Avatar
Nyria Jun 29, 2018 463 views

What are good study habits/study advise I should use for my senior year and for my freshman year of college?

Textbooks? Websites? Time management? #college #psychology #academic-advising #studying #study-tips

Bryce Danniel’s Avatar
Bryce Danniel Jun 28, 2018 489 views

How do i become better at managing time?

I currently do part-time at work, while at the same time I go to school full time. I do about 20 hours of working and whatever time I have left is dedicated to school but I feel really stressed out cause its feels like work overload and this doesn't feel great. #college #school #work...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 20, 2018 469 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 18, 2018 1188 views

What college courses are needed to become a teacher?

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 15, 2018 525 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha May 24, 2018 402 views

What classes would you recommend for a new college freshman wanting to pursue medicine?

#biology
#Medicine #doctor #science #college #course-selection #academic-advising

Gabe’s Avatar
Gabe May 23, 2018 461 views

What's the best way to deal with anxiety that comes with the financial side of the college experience?

#student-counseling #academic-advising #scholarships #financial-planning #financial-accounting

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin May 21, 2018 517 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising #course-selection

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin May 21, 2018 454 views

What course are a must-have for a psychiatry pre-med?

I just wanted to know which courses I could get a head start on. #medicine #psychiatry #pre-med #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #academic-advising #classes #courses

Andria’s Avatar
Andria Apr 24, 2018 395 views

Is it better to have two majors or multiple minors/immersions in college?

First of all, I would just like to say that I thought getting accepted into college would be my biggest hurdle during my college transfer process. However, now that acceptance letters have begun to roll in I'm finding that choosing the perfect school that best fits my needs is even harder!...

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Apr 19, 2018 533 views

should I do a major and minor?

Specifically, next year I'm applying to NTID, Gallaudet, and Hunter College.
I'm thinking about doing a major and minor. So is it possible for me to do both?
#college #majors #minors #choosing-a-major #college-major #academic-advising

Morgan’s Avatar
Morgan Apr 19, 2018 412 views

If I take dual credit classes in high school, am I getting my basics done ahead of time?

I have always been told that if I take dual credit classes I’ll have enough hours to be a junior by my second semester. I was wondering if this was true or not.
#ctc #career-and-technical-school #gen-eds #college #dual-credit #dual-enrollment #course-selection #academic-advising

Savannah’s Avatar
Savannah Apr 19, 2018 517 views

How can I create a minor for myself, while taking aspects from other majors and minors?

I wish to shape my own future, which is why I want to create a minor that is unique to myself and aspirations. #minors #college #college-major #college-minor #design-a-major #custom-major #custom-minor #academic-advising #course-selection

Sylvie’s Avatar
Sylvie Mar 27, 2018 422 views

What are some good study tips for a high school junior?

I've never been too good at studying, and I have tried many different ways to study, but I can't find one thats good for me. I especially need help with this since I'll be going to college soon. Thanks! #studying-tips #studying #academic-advising #high-school-students

Manuel’s Avatar
Manuel Feb 13, 2018 684 views

What are effective ways in entering the education field?

I am interested in working in a school setting as a carer counselor or academic advisor and would love to know how to achieve this goal. #academic-advising #higher-education #education

Mireia’s Avatar
Mireia Jan 26, 2018 687 views

What are some tips for improving your chances at winning scholarships?

#scholarships #scholarship #college #college-advice #college-bound ##college #college-admissions #university #academic-advising #academic #financial-aid #grants #undergraduate #freshmen #college-recruiting #college-jobs #higher-education #experience #professional #college-selection #admissions

Jenise’s Avatar
Jenise Jan 18, 2018 663 views

Better relationship with Advisor?

I want to interact with my advisor better. I know going more to their office is a way to do that but I'm not sure what to ask them about. What are some general topics that would spark communication? #academic-advising #college-advising

Victoria’s Avatar
Victoria Jan 17, 2018 604 views

I start college in the fall, but am undecided about a major. How do I decide?

I really have no idea what I want to do in the future. I will be a college freshman in the fall. Is that a big problem? #undecided #freshmen #college #college-major #academic-advising