Career Questions tagged Therapist

Bryanna G.’s Avatar
Bryanna G. Aug 27 31 views

What are some extra steps i can take to become a therapist ? whats needed to become one/

My name is Bryanna and im a junior in high school and i was looking at becoming a therapist in the future but i just need to know what i can do to help me get that done and what extra steps i need to take.Im a very friendly person and i love to help people out. #therapist #future #helping...

#therapy

tiesha A.’s Avatar
tiesha A. Apr 02 64 views
Chloe J.’s Avatar
Chloe J. Sep 21, 2018 131 views

What is the day in the life of a mental health therapist like?

Do they make your own hours? Do you work from home, a desk or an office? What time do you get up? How many patients do you see a day? What time do your days usually end? etc, things like that. #psychology #therapist...

#career

Ayjena C.’s Avatar
Ayjena C. Aug 18, 2018 108 views
Clifford Khent C.’s Avatar
Clifford Khent C. Mar 06, 2018 203 views

What exactly do Marriage and Family Therapists do?

I was looking into pursuing this field of study for grad school as well. But can anyone who's already in the program/or beginning their graduate studies in the program share their thoughts? #family-therapy #individual-and-family-services #counseling-psychology #therapist...

#psychology

Kaye H.’s Avatar
Kaye H. Jan 16, 2018 207 views

How will my major improve my career?

Will I be able to work as a counselor with a psychology degree? #psychology #therapist...

#counseling

Summer H.’s Avatar
Summer H. Jan 23, 2018 200 views
Corinne B.’s Avatar
Corinne B. Jan 09, 2018 241 views

How do I know what career is right for me?

I'm lost on finding what career I should go into, I know I'm interested in #psychology but I don't think I want to be a #therapist or...

#counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017 1323 views

What are the average working hours of a counselor? Does it depend on the type or individual? Is there a cut off time?

I want to say that it would be like a 9-5 job because a counselor has to have his/her own time for their life right? I also feel like sometimes clients are in placed in tough positions and see the counselor/ therapist as their only place of comfort. #counselor #therapist #family-therapy...

#family-counsleor #marriage-counselor #marriage-therapist

AnnaLyssia A.’s Avatar
AnnaLyssia A. Oct 22, 2016 481 views

What is the difference between a sports physical therapist and a regular PT, if there is one?

I am interested in becoming a physical therapist #medicine #sports #physical...

#therapist

AnnaLyssia A.’s Avatar
AnnaLyssia A. Oct 22, 2016 363 views

If you wanted to be a physical therapist, how many years of schooling past high school are required?

I am interested in becoming a physical therapist for athletes #medicine #sports #physical...

#therapist

Marisa F.’s Avatar
Marisa F. May 17, 2016 571 views

What is a good major to become a physical therapist?

When I went to the open house at Lynchburg College I was introduced to exercise physiology as a good major for becoming a PT since the major matches most of the prerequisites for Grad school. However, it is a very competitive major so I would like to explore more options. that would be a great...

#physical #therapist

sky S.’s Avatar
sky S. Apr 07, 2016 503 views

whats a careeer that makes easy but alot of money

I don't want to be that person stuck at home on the computer figuring out how im going to afford a bill and not being able to spend time with family. #dance #singer #therapist...

#money-makers

Christine M.’s Avatar
Christine M. Dec 10, 2015 6688 views

Speech Pathologist vs. Occupational Therapist

I think I am interested in these jobs, however I don't really understand what they do or how it is like to have these jobs. I would like to see which will best fit me. :) #psychology #occupational-therapy #speech-pathology...

#therapist

Shadae B.’s Avatar
Shadae B. Mar 21, 2015 807 views

What distinguishes a family therapist from a psychologist?

I am a senior in high school and I am considering majoring in psychology. I am unsure of what career I would like to do under this major. #psychology #psychologist...

#therapist

D'Andre G.’s Avatar
D'Andre G. Mar 19, 2015 744 views

How smooth was the transition from college to the physical therapist work field since so many people are interested in this occupation?

I am asking because I am interested in choosing a major that will get me a job in the physical therapist work field. However, I am not very confident about choosing a major that will receive me a job in this career because I don't know anyone who is a physical therapist who can talk to me from...

#preparation #transition #physical-therapist #physical #therapist

Deviana R.’s Avatar
Deviana R. Mar 17, 2015 688 views

How impactful can a family therapist be to a family? How difficult is it trying to fulfill the needs of all family members?

Hello, I am a high school senior, I'm partially interested in being a family therapist as it interest me, and I was just wondering more of the personal aspects of the career. #doctor #physical-therapist #therapy #therapists #therapist #marriage-therapist...

#patients

Mariah W.’s Avatar
Mariah W. Mar 02, 2015 904 views
Ajhanaé🎀 F.’s Avatar
Ajhanaé🎀 F. Feb 19, 2015 674 views

What degree would you need to have to be a teens behavioral therapist?

I am asking this question because everyone keeps telling me that i need a doctorate and others are telling me all i need is a master's degree #therapy #therapist #teenagers #behavior...

#behavioral-health

Josslyn C.’s Avatar
Josslyn C. Apr 02, 2014 806 views

What college courses did you take?

I am a 14 year old girl in the 9th grade living in NYC #psychology #nurse #veterinarian #pediatrician...

#therapist

Nicole V.’s Avatar
Nicole V. Apr 01, 2014 857 views

what are the positives and negatives of having a field as any type of social work?

Im not completely sure which field im most interested in, but i do know i want to pursue a career in social working. #social-work...

#therapist