Career Questions tagged Occupational Therapy

Logan S.’s Avatar
Logan S. Oct 03 9 views

How many years should I expect to be in school for to become an occupational therapist?

Looking into occupational therapy...

#occupational-therapy

Kristen S.’s Avatar
Kristen S. Oct 03 8 views

What are some other healthcare careers that get over looked?

I would like to be an occupational therapist but I want to be sure that is what I want to do #ot...

#occupational-therapy

Lauren B.’s Avatar
Lauren B. Aug 01, 2018 126 views

Are there any schools that have a merge program from occupational therapy to prosthetic?

Are there any schools that have a merge program from occupational therapy to prosthetic or undergraduate to a master program in prosthetic. #programs #schools #therapy #occupational-therapy...

#prosthetics

Maryah J.’s Avatar
Maryah J. Oct 17, 2018 138 views
Emilia G.’s Avatar
Emilia G. Sep 29, 2018 135 views

What is it like to be in the Occupational Therapist program, is it hard?

How do Occupational Therapist program look like, what do you do in the program?...

#occupational-therapy

Rebekah W.’s Avatar
Rebekah W. Apr 21, 2018 182 views

How can I best #pursue #specializing in an area of #occupational therapy?

My aim for a career is #occupational #therapy. I also am intrigued by #specializing in it. I would like to know if there is an #efficient, direct #process by which I can follow as a #guideline in order to achieve this....

#occupational-therapy

Elias O.’s Avatar
Elias O. Apr 29, 2018 219 views

What is the difference between physical and occupational therapy?

I'm pursuing a BS in Athletic Training with a concentration in Exercise Science. #physical-therapy...

#occupational-therapy

Elias O.’s Avatar
Elias O. May 05, 2018 241 views
Ngoc H.’s Avatar
Ngoc H. Apr 25, 2018 208 views

How many years of schooling do you need to become an occupational therapist?

I do not mind spending a lot of time in college for a career of my choice but I do want to know how much schooling is necessary to become an occupational therapist? What sort of test would also be encountered through this endeavor? #medical-school #years #classes #occupational-therapy...

#occupational-medicine

Ngoc H.’s Avatar
Ngoc H. Apr 25, 2018 187 views

What college classes do you need to take to become an occupational therapist?

I want to study medicine in college but I am still indecisive. I was thinking of becoming an occupational therapist because it is a field of work that I am interested in. I am unsure of the type of classes I need in take in order to achieve becoming an occupational therapist. #medicine...

#occupational-therapy #college-major #what-classes-to-take

Faith B.’s Avatar
Faith B. Mar 20, 2018 279 views

What does an Occupational Therapist's average day look like?

I would like to confirm that every day is not going to be the same because I do not want to have career where every day is the exact same. I want each day to have it is own experiences. #ot...

#occupational-therapy

Kimberly S.’s Avatar
Kimberly S. Jan 17, 2018 199 views

Should I minor in something business related if I am considering trying to start my own occupational therapy practice?

I am currently an undergraduate student majoring in psychology and am on the path to becoming an occupational therapist. I would like to apply for OT masters programs after I obtain my bachelors degree. However, because I am possibly considering the idea of trying to start my own OT practice, I...

#occupational-therapy

Rebecca C.’s Avatar
Rebecca C. Jan 16, 2018 193 views

Is grad school worth it?

What are the pros and cons of grad school? I'm thinking about majoring in occupational therapy- with that major, how seriously should I be thinking about grad school? #graduate-school...

#occupational-therapy

Rebecca C.’s Avatar
Rebecca C. Jan 16, 2018 198 views

Will therapy be a good fit for me?

I've had a hard time deciding on a major, and I think I want to be an occupational therapist, but I don't know for sure if that's what's best for me. What qualities should most therapists have? #therapy #college-major...

#occupational-therapy

Rachael  O.’s Avatar
Rachael O. May 21, 2016 407 views

As an occupational therapist in California, are there options for incorporating the outdoors and nature into OT?

I am currently a COTA. I moved from NY to RI to go back to school for my masters in OT. After I finish my masters degree, I plan on relocating to the west coast, hopefully California. I love the outdoors but in the north east the time to be outside is limited by extreme cold or extreme...

#occupational-therapy #hospital-and-health-care #california #medicine #physical-therapy #therapy

Nicole T.’s Avatar
Nicole T. Sep 01, 2017 357 views

What are the best study techniques for online classes?

I am attending online classes and this is my first time in college and I'm more of a hands on learner. #occupational-therapy #e-learning #college...

#online-learning

Katie D.’s Avatar
Katie D. Sep 28, 2017 656 views
Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 04, 2017 399 views

Would it be better to obtain an undergraduate and graduate degree separately or together in a single program?

I am a high school student going into my senior year and can't decide which program route I should go into. Over the summer, I have discovered my passion for the occupational therapy field and the good that comes out of it. Knowing very well that I want to major in that study, I started looking...

#occupational-therapy #college-major #college-degree #college #bachelor #masters-degree #masters #graduate-school #university #undergraduate

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 02, 2017 375 views

How do you find a college that is best fit for you?

I am going into my senior year of high school and need to start preparing for college applications. There are several universities that I have been drawn to, but after doing a ton of research, I could not seem to find a university that offers the whole package. I plan to go into the field of...

#gpa #college-selection #occupational-therapy #university #college-prep #east-coast #college

Sharon G.’s Avatar
Sharon G. Sep 02, 2017 414 views

If you are interested in studying occupational thearpy as a major, but it is not listed in the majors offered at the school can you study it under another major at the school?

There aren't many schools that I have looked into that offer occupational therapy as its own major and I am starting to question if it is its own major. In addition I was wondering if it could fall into other majors/fields of study in college. #occupational-therapy #college-majors #career...

#what-schools-to-attend #what-the-university-offers

Klaryssa S.’s Avatar
Klaryssa S. Sep 01, 2017 296 views

How can I pay for classes without financial aid, and without taking out a student loan?

I was denied financial aid, and I do not want to take out a student loan until I am accepted into a program. I am aspiring to become an occupational therapy assistant. I need money to finish my last prerequisite classes until I apply. I cannot afford to pay for the classes with all of my bills....

#occupational-therapy #discouraged

Elizabeth  M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. Sep 01, 2017 269 views

Do I need to go for my Bachelors or Masters for Occupational Therapy?

I am starting my freshman year of college and I was not given much guidance or really told the difference and how it can help in applying for jobs!...

#occupational-therapy