Career Questions tagged Therapy

Shi H.’s Avatar
Shi H. Nov 30 27 views

Are there any pre-requisites to becoming a masseur or opening a massage parlor?

I am currently interested in becoming a physical therapist, but the idea of becoming a masseur has peaked my interest. # physical-therapist...

therapy

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 26 42 views

How can I combine therapy and acting/film-making as a career?

I am unsure of how I can pursue a career in acting and becoming a therapist. Do you think pursuing a Masters degree in Drama Therapy can combine the two? The goal: I want to work as a LMFT while making movies about mental health. Any ideas or suggestions? therapist therapy acting # career...

dramatherapist psychology filmmaker

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 08 85 views

What does a physical therapist do?

Physical therapy is one of the career paths I'm interested in. But I want to learn more about what they do. What are their daily tasks, what types of patients do they see, and how is the workload? Do you find yourself happy with your job? I also want to learn how to become a physical...

physical-therapy kinesiology major physical-therapist therapy physical medical

Celeste M.’s Avatar
Celeste M. Oct 08 78 views

what do you in a day of an art therapist?

I am interested in this field or something similar.. art...

therapy

Destany Z.’s Avatar
Destany Z. Sep 30 120 views

What is it like to be an art therapist

I am a senior in High School interested in art therapy and would like to dig deeper in this career. art artist therapy...

psychology

Isaac B.’s Avatar
Isaac B. Aug 31 119 views

What is the job outlook for physical or occupational therapy assistants.

Are there a lot of jobs available in the united states and is the career expected to grow in the next 10 years. physical-therapy medicine therapy...

physical-therapist

Kaelyn W.’s Avatar
Kaelyn W. Aug 03 166 views

How long do I have to be in college to be a therapist?

I'm on my way to college in about 22 months, and I'm trying to get prepared as early as possible. I want to major in psychology and eventually become a therapist for children and adolescents. psychology therapy...

college

Mela B.’s Avatar
Mela B. Aug 02 145 views

How should I choose between two career options?

I want to be a therapist, but I am not sure if I want to go as far as being a psychologist or just being a counselor. psychology therapy...

career-path

Camryn F.’s Avatar
Camryn F. Jul 30 150 views

What is the difference in being a psychologist vs. a therapist?

I recently graduated from Renaissance High School in June of 2021. I will be attending Michigan State University in the fall and I am majoring in psychology. I plan to use my degree to become a therapist and eventually own my own private practice. psychology therapy...

career

Tamia B.’s Avatar
Tamia B. Jun 19 187 views

What steps should I take to become a marriage and family therapist?

I am a psychology major and I love poetry. Through poetry I was able to find love for this science. psychology counseling therapy...

career

Emma O.’s Avatar
Emma O. May 19 160 views

Day in the Life of a Clinical Psychologist

Hi! I am a junior in high school who is planning to major in psychology. I was wondering what a typical day looks like for a clinical psychologist. What is the work environment like? Can you have a private practice? Also, what are the typical responsibilities that they must uphold? therapy...

psychology clinicalpsychology

Winona C.’s Avatar
Winona C. Apr 16 180 views

How many years do you spend in school to be a therapist? Would I be right for this field?

I am a Junior in High school, and I am currently 16 years old. I also really like helping others and I always feel what others feel really deeply. therapist psychology...

therapy

Hjelle P.’s Avatar
Hjelle P. Jan 15 163 views

What kind of methods do music therapists use in music therapy?

I'm researching music therapy and am curious about how it is used and what sorts of methods music therapists use. musictherapy music therapy...

healthcare

Kyren J.’s Avatar
Kyren J. Nov 05, 2020 234 views

I would greatly appreciate if I can learn more about getting into business and investing

I'm the type of person who is too nice to others and will try to help out, sometimes they don't need it or i do too much but that's because I wanna do it out of my own free will. business career...

therapy

DeNasia S.’s Avatar
DeNasia S. Oct 30, 2020 200 views

Are there any internships for future Psycologist? If so what are they and how to apply?

Hey, I'm De'Nasia. I am a senior in high school and I want to become a Clinical Psychologist. I also took a college class for psychology 101 in my junior year of high school. high-school psychology...

therapy

Cole Pugh P.’s Avatar
Cole Pugh P. Oct 27, 2020 288 views

Is it stressful to be a therapist?

I always thought of being a therapist as a very good job to help people but I figured repeating stress was apart of the process. I don't know how true this is and just wondered how it was for a counselor or a therapist. therapist counselor therapy psychology...

stress

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 202 views

Is it difficult to help all kinds of people, whether they deserve it or not?

I am a senior in high school and I have been set on studying psychology and becoming a therapist my whole life. One thing I think about a lot as I pursue this career is "am I only going to be able to help the privileged?". I want to help more people than who has a surplus of money for mental...

children therapists mental-health therapy medicine help therapist health councelling helping-others

willa T.’s Avatar
willa T. Oct 23, 2020 169 views

Can you describe your everyday life as a therapist?

I would like to know the everyday steps you take to be a good therapist. therapist...

therapy

Makenna R.’s Avatar
Makenna R. Oct 23, 2020 183 views

What is the most difficult part in working in the physical or occupational therapy profession?

I am a sophomore in high school and the past few years I have been wanting to become and physical or occupational therapist but I'm not really sure how well I would do in either of them. I am a outgoing person who is very motivated and compassionate. therapy career...

business