Career Questions tagged Sociology

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Alyssa D. Jun 29 72 views

Is a sociology degree helpful for public relations?

Hi, My name is Alyssa. I am a 25-year-old student who is almost ready to transfer to a #communication university to finish my bachelor's. I currently will hold 2 AAs in communication studies and sociology. My goal is to work with the public ultimately. I want to help with charitable campaigns,...

#sociology #law #public-relations

Brody K.’s Avatar
Brody K. Brody K. Jun 08 137 views

How Should I narrow down what major I would like to go into when I am not sure what to choose.

I am very interested in psychology and communications. I am good with people and do well in sciences classes so I considered being a nurse. I have always been interested in being a detective or analyst, I am just not sure what jobs I would be able to get if I went into Criminal Justice and...

#criminal-justice #nursing #career #psychology #sociology

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Emel C. Mar 02 167 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it. #mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics...

#cosmology

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Mariela G. Nov 10, 2020 193 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

#graduateschool #school #sociology #university #counselor #transferingmajors #high-school #college #highschoolcounselor #education

Imane H.’s Avatar
Imane H. Imane H. Apr 27, 2020 177 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

#sociology #college #criminal-justice

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Amaya C. Apr 18, 2020 233 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

#career-path #sociology #college-major #political-science

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Mia B. Apr 14, 2020 210 views

I am extremely interested in Criminal Justice and Sociology, but I don't know if I should double major, or if I should get a master's in one area. What's the most logical and cost effective thing to do?

I have a real passion for sociology and criminal justice. I'm not too sure what I want to do career-wise , but I do know that I want to be involved in helping people (especially children) of racial minorities break free from systemic racism. I am extremely passionate about social change and...

#college #criminal-justice #sociology #college-major

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Amaya C. Apr 14, 2020 232 views

How do I get more information about where to acquire political experience.

I’m a college freshmen sociology major that goes to a hbcu and I just recently became fond of political science and government. I would love to acquire more knowledge about the major and where I should start to gain experience in that field. #college-major #political-science #sociology...

#hbcu

Dejanira D.’s Avatar
Dejanira D. Dejanira D. Apr 10, 2020 211 views

I am taking sociology in college, what are the different jobs that are available in that field?

I initially wanted to take integrated medicine but they will not transfer my credits from a previous college. So I am attending GCU of which transferred 44 credits. #sociology is the closest thing at that college that will enable me to help people in a better...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 229 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#sociology #psychology #psychiatry #social-work #admissions #applications #phd #graduate-school #medicine #research #college #grad-school #communications

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1371 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#network #environmental #design #data #biostatistics #entrepreneurship #public-health #major #sociology #policy #engineering #health #financial #stem #product #planning #analyst #administration #science #undeclared #business #public #civil

Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 626 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. #sociology #picking-classes #college...

#academic-advising

Sadrunisa K.’s Avatar
Sadrunisa K. Sadrunisa K. Dec 13, 2017 391 views

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. What additional subjects I should take to pursue juvenile justice?

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. To be a juvenile justice officer, I do understand that you need a degree in criminology and would like to know what additional subjects I should take to pursue that. I love working with the youth and trying to make a change in society, hence my...

#criminology #case-management #juvenile-delinquency #sociology #juvenile-justice

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. Cheyenne P. May 17, 2018 408 views

What specific jobs can a degree in sociology be used for?

My major is currently sociology and I absolutely love the subject. However, as I learn more about the major it does not seem to have a very specific job field....

#sociology

Kima C.’s Avatar
Kima C. Kima C. May 17, 2018 393 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in #criminology & #sociology & #physiology & #emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in...

Greta M.’s Avatar
Greta M. Greta M. Jan 16, 2018 348 views
Ivy P.’s Avatar
Ivy P. Ivy P. Jan 16, 2018 294 views

What is the average day like for a social researcher or sociologist?

I'm thinking of majoring in sociology in college, but I want to learn more about the field and what the average day in that type of career would be like. #sociology #research #college...

#college-major

Pocahontas V.’s Avatar
Pocahontas V. Pocahontas V. Jan 15, 2018 386 views

What is a Day in the Life like for a social worker?

I am interested in majoring in sociology in college? #sociology...

#social-work

Kimetha S.’s Avatar
Kimetha S. Kimetha S. Jan 14, 2018 376 views

What did you do with your Bachelor's degree in social sciences?

I'm a social sciences major who will be graduating in 2019. I'm curious to know how previous graduates have used the knowledge and skills acquired in college. I'm also curious what they opportunities they enjoyed and which were not so satisfying. #social-science #psychology #sociology...

#philosophy #bachelorsdegree

Tamera P.’s Avatar
Tamera P. Tamera P. Mar 27, 2018 560 views

Complimentary major/minor for Sociology major?

I plan to chase after a career in international human rights law, working with NGO's like Amnesty International or the EU court of human rights. With that in mind, I've thought about minors/ double majors in subjects like Spanish or international studies, but am still undecided what subject...

#international-humanitarian-law #human-rights #sociology #college-minor #law-school #double-major