Career Questions tagged Sociology

Jessica P.’s Avatar
Jessica P. Nov 02 46 views

What is sociology like?

I like to help people but I don't want to be a doctor or nurse nor do I trust myself enough. I could help in other ways, I'm not really sure. sociology majors...

social-worker

Ari’elle D.’s Avatar
Ari’elle D. Aug 05 122 views

How do I figure out which career to choose?

I really enjoy psychology, criminology, and sociology but I'm having a hard time choosing which one I should pursue. psychology sociology...

criminology

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jun 29 195 views

Is a sociology degree helpful for public relations?

Hi, My name is Alyssa. I am a 25-year-old student who is almost ready to transfer to a communication university to finish my bachelor's. I currently will hold 2 AAs in communication studies and sociology. My goal is to work with the public ultimately. I want to help with charitable campaigns,...

law public-relations sociology

Brody K.’s Avatar
Brody K. Jun 08 204 views

How Should I narrow down what major I would like to go into when I am not sure what to choose.

I am very interested in psychology and communications. I am good with people and do well in sciences classes so I considered being a nurse. I have always been interested in being a detective or analyst, I am just not sure what jobs I would be able to get if I went into Criminal Justice and...

psychology sociology career criminal-justice nursing

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02 239 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it. mathematics sociology astronomy astrophysics...

cosmology

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Nov 10, 2020 252 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

transferingmajors sociology college graduateschool counselor university highschoolcounselor school high-school education

Imane H.’s Avatar
Imane H. Apr 27, 2020 219 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

sociology college criminal-justice

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 18, 2020 307 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

political-science college-major career-path sociology

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Apr 14, 2020 271 views

I am extremely interested in Criminal Justice and Sociology, but I don't know if I should double major, or if I should get a master's in one area. What's the most logical and cost effective thing to do?

I have a real passion for sociology and criminal justice. I'm not too sure what I want to do career-wise , but I do know that I want to be involved in helping people (especially children) of racial minorities break free from systemic racism. I am extremely passionate about social change and...

sociology college criminal-justice college-major

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 14, 2020 278 views

How do I get more information about where to acquire political experience.

I’m a college freshmen sociology major that goes to a hbcu and I just recently became fond of political science and government. I would love to acquire more knowledge about the major and where I should start to gain experience in that field. college-major political-science sociology...

hbcu

Dejanira D.’s Avatar
Dejanira D. Apr 10, 2020 252 views

I am taking sociology in college, what are the different jobs that are available in that field?

I initially wanted to take integrated medicine but they will not transfer my credits from a previous college. So I am attending GCU of which transferred 44 credits. Sociology is the closest thing at that college that will enable me to help people in a better...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 280 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

grad-school sociology social-work college psychiatry graduate-school medicine research communications admissions psychology applications phd

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1512 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

civil stem biostatistics environmental business undeclared health administration major network data public-health sociology planning analyst science entrepreneurship public design financial engineering product policy

Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 726 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. sociology picking-classes college...

academic-advising

Sadrunisa K.’s Avatar
Sadrunisa K. Dec 13, 2017 418 views

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. What additional subjects I should take to pursue juvenile justice?

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. To be a juvenile justice officer, I do understand that you need a degree in criminology and would like to know what additional subjects I should take to pursue that. I love working with the youth and trying to make a change in society, hence my...

criminology sociology juvenile-justice juvenile-delinquency case-management

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 17, 2018 432 views

What specific jobs can a degree in sociology be used for?

My major is currently sociology and I absolutely love the subject. However, as I learn more about the major it does not seem to have a very specific job field....

sociology

Kima C.’s Avatar
Kima C. May 17, 2018 423 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in criminology & sociology & physiology & emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in...

Ivy P.’s Avatar
Ivy P. Jan 16, 2018 319 views

What is the average day like for a social researcher or sociologist?

I'm thinking of majoring in sociology in college, but I want to learn more about the field and what the average day in that type of career would be like. sociology research college...

college-major

Pocahontas V.’s Avatar
Pocahontas V. Jan 15, 2018 416 views

What is a Day in the Life like for a social worker?

I am interested in majoring in sociology in college? sociology...

social-work