Career Questions tagged Sociology

Mike S.’s Avatar
Mike S. Jun 01, 2017 1457 views

How should I figure out my major?

I've never known what I wanted to do or pursue career wise. I took psychology and sociology in my first year and a half at college, and I liked them, but I don't know what exactly I want to major in. I wouldn't mind studying more into sociology but I also want a career with a pretty decent...

#psychology #undecided #career-counseling #communications #sociology #philosophy #writing #english #history #college

Lydia A.’s Avatar
Lydia A. Jun 22, 2017 11252 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

#psychology #sociology #career-details #social-services #gender-studies #human-resources #human-trafficking #non-profit #human-rights

PRISCILLA Y.’s Avatar
PRISCILLA Y. Jun 17, 2017 5985 views

I am currently in my second year of college, and I still am undecided on my major.

I am currently in my second year of college, and I still am undecided on what to get my degree in. I have taken personality tests, spoke to counselors, spoke to friends but I still feel as if I am lost and my heart doesn't know what it wants. I need help. #psychology #career-counseling...

#sociology

sandhyarani L.’s Avatar
sandhyarani L. May 10, 2016 636 views

Sociology Teacher

I Have completed 10th, so i want to became a sociology teacher, so please help me which subject suitable for this career. #college #career #teaching #higher-education #sociology...

#university-teaching

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Apr 13, 2017 1032 views

Does servant leadership work in organizations?

Servant leadership is the idea of serving others out of love instead of ego and expecting nothing in return. Is this an effective leadership style? I'd like to think so. Does this work in management? #business #psychology #management #marketing...

#sociology

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 06, 2017 578 views

What are some possible occupations that involve cultural preservation?

I recently graduated with a degree in Sociology/Anthropology (that's one major) and currently live in Japan. Living in Japan has given me many opportunities to visit sites of cultural and historical importance. I've always been fascinated by the history of each place and have thought of...

#world #sociology #culture #anthropology #history

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 21, 2017 728 views

What is a highschool level Anthropology course about?

I am thinking about taking anthropology, psychology, and sociology courses. #sociology #anthropology...

#course-selection

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Feb 17, 2017 1764 views

If I'm MISERABLE at college then what should I do?

“The world is in perpetual motion, and we must invent the things of tomorrow... Act with audacity.” – Madame Clicquot. I'm starting to become less risk averse and I may drop out or take a leave of absence from college because I hate it. I know it's easier to get a job with a degree but it is...

#psychology #entrepreneurship #dropout #sociology #marketing #start-ups #higher-education #business

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 452 views
Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 532 views

What are some other careers I could get by receiving my Sociology degree in Women's studies?

I've always been interested in Sociology and when I took my 101 class there was a brief discussion of gender and feminism and ever since then I have wanted to take the class specific to Gender and Women's studies. I find it interesting because of how different views can be. If I pursue a degree...

#gender-discrimination #gender-studies #sociology #gender #gender-equality

Keila S.’s Avatar
Keila S. Oct 30, 2016 448 views

When was the first time that you realized you'd like to study sociology and what work field did you eventually get into?

I'm interested in the study of sociology and physiology and would like to know the different types of jobs that nurture these two studies. It's also interesting to hear stories on why people like to study the behaviors of society. #sociology #human #physiology...

#behavior

Nyjah  R.’s Avatar
Nyjah R. Oct 24, 2016 537 views

Should I partake in mental health internships or criminal justice internships?

I'm asking to know if I should sign up for regular internships during college or ones that relate to my career? #psychology #criminal-justice #sociology...

#criminology

Nyjah  R.’s Avatar
Nyjah R. Oct 24, 2016 1763 views

What does it take to become a Forensic Sociologist?

I'm asking this question to understand the steps and what I need to do to become a forensic sociologist. I have a passion for both, criminal justice and sociology/psychology, so if I were to achieve this goal, I'd be ecstatic. #psychology #criminal-justice...

#sociology

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Oct 10, 2016 664 views

Why do we like linear trajectories? Aren't the best careers NON-LINEAR?

https://byrslf.co/your-career-is-not-a-path-2a7a02956078#.c2eo8tv9v This is probably one of the best pieces of advice about careers that I've seen. We set our lives up for linear trajectories... (college, grad school, job, marriage, kids, etc) but what if you step OFF the track? After all,...

#psychology #critical-thinking #education #sociology #marketing #business #college-bound

keerthana R.’s Avatar
keerthana R. Jun 21, 2016 6152 views
Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 07, 2016 687 views

How does the concept of the dialogical self impact our daily conversations?

The dialogical self is the mind's ability to imagine the different positions of participants in an internal dialogue in close connections with external dialogue. This theory weaves together two conecpts: self and dialogue to understand interconnections of self and society. How does this theory...

#psychology #communications #sociology #marketing #business-intelligence #public-relations #personality #research

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 07, 2016 613 views

Does living and growing up in a cosmopolitan area affect an individual's creativity?

People are who are intelligent aren't necessarily intellectual. I read a piece by a professor at Swarthmore College about how intellectual people see links between ideas and theories. Also, the majority of people in my town are part of the "Creative Class." Does the rise of the creative class...

#psychology #public-speaking #communications #sociology #economics #public-relations #business #research

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 2162 views

How can idealism and realism be combined to create a true visionary in entrepreneurship?

Visionaries are visionaries because they're crazy enough to believe that one day their idea will come true. Idealism and realism both play a role in becoming a visionary. Empathy and creativity also influence a visionary's actions. There are finders and makers. Finders are the idea people and...

#psychology #social-media #communications #sociology #communication #marketing-and-advertising #business

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 614 views

How can the idea of agency help me when making career decisions?

Agency is the ability to make choices in the world. People are called into different subject positions and once an individual is called into a subject position they lose agency. #psychology #english...

#sociology

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 688 views

How can systems thinking be used in sociology, business, and psychology?

I attended a lecture on systems thinking and I think in terms of networking. Things are always linked together somehow and the entire human race belongs to many different systems. #business #psychology #marketing #networking #sociology...

#social-networking

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. Jul 15, 2016 768 views

How do you write a resume?

I believe that there should be classes one could take to make themselves more appealing in their resumes when trying to get a job. I personally am about to graduate college and have no idea where to even start with a resume. #networking #sociology #resume-writing #social-networking...

#evaluating-resumes #social-media-marketing

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 30, 2016 689 views

What type of internships can I look into while working towards my degree in Sociology and Anthropology?

I am looking for an internship for my senior year in my undergraduate studies. I'm looking because it seems to me that most students receive jobs faster when they have done an internship at some point throughout their college career. It seems to be a great way to get my foot in the door, build...

#gerontology #intern #sociology #undergraduate #anthropology #resume-writing #internships

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 30, 2016 1367 views

What jobs can I find with a minor in Gerontology?

I am currently studying Sociology and Anthropology with a concentration in Conflict Resolution. I also chose to minor in Gerontology. #jobs #career-path #sociology #anthropology #conflict-resolution...

#gerontology

Hans R.’s Avatar
Hans R. May 28, 2016 690 views

If I study a major in political science, what can I do to get enrolled in the political progress while I am still being a student?

When I grow up I want to become a politician and currently I want to study political science with a major in american politics, so I wonder how can I do it to start getting enrolled with politics at a young age. #science #law #sociology #political-science...

#political

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 26, 2016 757 views

What kind of careers can a degree in sociology lead to?

I like the topic of sociology and am interested in the well being of the community at large, but am unsure of how I might apply this degree. #sociology #political-science...

#nonprofits

Forrest B.’s Avatar
Forrest B. May 22, 2016 699 views

why do many highschools, and now some colleges, stress standardized testing?

I come from the deep south and in the school environment i've seen there is more stress put on passing a test than retaining information. I have even received cheat sheets, along with the rest of the class, from teachers for tests. now in college I see that almost nothing was retained and have...

#psychology #philosophy #sociology #educator #education #philanthropy #politics #art

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 22, 2016 545 views

What types of careers can a student with an anthropology degree look into?

Looking for a job or career path to venture into with a bachelors degree in anthropology #jobs #sociology #anthropology #part-time...

#full-time

Kyana J.’s Avatar
Kyana J. May 21, 2016 779 views

How to succeed in being a criminal defense attorney?

I wish to become a criminal defense attorney. I want to become one of the top ranking attorneys, but how can I? Do I start my own business as soon as I graduate from law school or do I join a law firm? #law #criminal-justice #communications #sociology #communication...

#bussiness

Kahley S.’s Avatar
Kahley S. May 20, 2016 883 views

What can you do with a sociology degree?

I took a sociology class last quarter, and it's been my most favorite out of every class I've taken. I want to study it in college, but what are my career options if I major in sociology? I am currently in high school and am going to a private four-year college this fall. #career #career-path...

#careers #sociology #career-plan

Belen B.’s Avatar
Belen B. May 18, 2016 2301 views

With a sociology degree, can you become a social worker?

The college I applied to did not have social work for bachelor's degree and so I decided to take sociology. However, many people are saying it does not connect to social work. Is that true? #career #science #degree #social-work #work...

#sociology