Career Questions tagged Sociology

Imane H.’s Avatar
Imane H. Apr 27 96 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

#sociology #criminal-justice #college

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 18 130 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

#sociology #college-major #political-science #career-path

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Apr 14 115 views

I am extremely interested in Criminal Justice and Sociology, but I don't know if I should double major, or if I should get a master's in one area. What's the most logical and cost effective thing to do?

I have a real passion for sociology and criminal justice. I'm not too sure what I want to do career-wise , but I do know that I want to be involved in helping people (especially children) of racial minorities break free from systemic racism. I am extremely passionate about social change and...

#sociology #college-major #criminal-justice #college

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 14 141 views

How do I get more information about where to acquire political experience.

I’m a college freshmen sociology major that goes to a hbcu and I just recently became fond of political science and government. I would love to acquire more knowledge about the major and where I should start to gain experience in that field. #college-major #political-science #sociology...

#hbcu

Dejanira D.’s Avatar
Dejanira D. Apr 10 100 views

I am taking sociology in college, what are the different jobs that are available in that field?

I initially wanted to take integrated medicine but they will not transfer my credits from a previous college. So I am attending GCU of which transferred 44 credits. #sociology is the closest thing at that college that will enable me to help people in a better...

Kakwi K.’s Avatar
Kakwi K. Apr 07 400 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 143 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#psychiatry #psychology #phd #applications #admissions #communications #sociology #college #research #grad-school #social-work #medicine #graduate-school

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 859 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#major #sociology #environmental #design #stem #planning #financial #biostatistics #undeclared #product #public-health #science #data #policy #entrepreneurship #administration #analyst #business #engineering #civil #health #network #public

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Aug 20, 2019 109 views
Kate E.’s Avatar
Kate E. Aug 13, 2019 307 views
Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Mar 21, 2019 128 views
Monica A.’s Avatar
Monica A. Jan 16, 2018 402 views

What courses do I exactly need to complete my degree to become a sociologist?

I'm needing to know the answer because I need to plan for my future courses to complete my goal to become a sociologist. #sociology #picking-classes #college...

#academic-advising

Sadrunisa K.’s Avatar
Sadrunisa K. Dec 13, 2017 316 views

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. What additional subjects I should take to pursue juvenile justice?

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. To be a juvenile justice officer, I do understand that you need a degree in criminology and would like to know what additional subjects I should take to pursue that. I love working with the youth and trying to make a change in society, hence my...

#case-management #criminology #juvenile-delinquency #juvenile-justice #sociology

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 17, 2018 335 views

What specific jobs can a degree in sociology be used for?

My major is currently sociology and I absolutely love the subject. However, as I learn more about the major it does not seem to have a very specific job field....

#sociology

Kima C.’s Avatar
Kima C. May 17, 2018 328 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in #criminology & #sociology & #physiology & #emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in...

Greta M.’s Avatar
Greta M. Jan 16, 2018 250 views
Ivy P.’s Avatar
Ivy P. Jan 16, 2018 234 views

What is the average day like for a social researcher or sociologist?

I'm thinking of majoring in sociology in college, but I want to learn more about the field and what the average day in that type of career would be like. #sociology #research #college...

#college-major

Pocahontas V.’s Avatar
Pocahontas V. Jan 15, 2018 307 views

What is a Day in the Life like for a social worker?

I am interested in majoring in sociology in college? #sociology...

#social-work

Kimetha S.’s Avatar
Kimetha S. Jan 14, 2018 305 views

What did you do with your Bachelor's degree in social sciences?

I'm a social sciences major who will be graduating in 2019. I'm curious to know how previous graduates have used the knowledge and skills acquired in college. I'm also curious what they opportunities they enjoyed and which were not so satisfying. #social-science #psychology #sociology...

#bachelorsdegree #philosophy

Tamera P.’s Avatar
Tamera P. Mar 27, 2018 470 views

Complimentary major/minor for Sociology major?

I plan to chase after a career in international human rights law, working with NGO's like Amnesty International or the EU court of human rights. With that in mind, I've thought about minors/ double majors in subjects like Spanish or international studies, but am still undecided what subject...

#international-humanitarian-law #law-school #college-minor #human-rights #sociology #double-major

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. Mar 19, 2018 278 views

Is graduate school a necessity now?

I'm finishing up my third year of college, and I'm planning on graduating next year. I'm majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Sociology. I don't know if I should go to graduate school or not? Is it better to have that extra edge when employers are looking at candidates? #publicrelations...

#prsa #career #sociology #graduate-school

Riley L.’s Avatar
Riley L. Mar 05, 2018 333 views

How can I pursue a major and academic study that I'm passionate about and be successful?

I currently find myself to be especially interesting in areas of study such as sociology and anthropology, however I worry that majoring in either of those topics would not provide me with a successful future career. So often it seems that the only majors that lead to a successful future is...

#anthropology #sociology #major #college

Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Feb 09, 2018 298 views

Does knowing psychology or sociology help when teaching?

My goal is to be a teacher but I'm also interested in psychology and sociology and wonder if having a background in those would help me understand my students better. #teaching #psychology-education #sociology...

#psychology

Scenarious T.’s Avatar
Scenarious T. Jan 23, 2018 288 views

What is it like being active in the field of Sociology?

I am a sociology major and love the knowledge that I learn on a daily basis. However, sometimes it is hard to picture myself working in the field. What are some real world applications of this career path? #sociology #career-counseling #career-development #social-work...

#field-work