Career Questions tagged Sociology

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Nov 02, 2021 252 views

What is sociology like?

I like to help people but I don't want to be a doctor or nurse nor do I trust myself enough. I could help in other ways, I'm not really sure. #sociology #majors #social-worker

Ari’elle’s Avatar
Ari’elle Aug 05, 2021 247 views

How do I figure out which career to choose?

I really enjoy psychology, criminology, and sociology but I'm having a hard time choosing which one I should pursue. #psychology #sociology #criminology

Alyssa’s Avatar
Alyssa Jun 29, 2021 676 views

Is a sociology degree helpful for public relations?

Hi, My name is Alyssa. I am a 25-year-old student who is almost ready to transfer to a #communication university to finish my bachelor's. I currently will hold 2 AAs in communication studies and sociology. My goal is to work with the public ultimately. I want to help with charitable campaigns,...

Brody’s Avatar
Brody Jun 08, 2021 326 views

How Should I narrow down what major I would like to go into when I am not sure what to choose.

I am very interested in psychology and communications. I am good with people and do well in sciences classes so I considered being a nurse. I have always been interested in being a detective or analyst, I am just not sure what jobs I would be able to get if I went into Criminal Justice and...

Emel’s Avatar
Emel Mar 02, 2021 427 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it.
#mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics #cosmology

Mariela’s Avatar
Mariela Nov 10, 2020 383 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

Karoline’s Avatar
Karoline Aug 26, 2020 309 views

How much time do students spend studying per week in college?

#psychology #sociology

Sylvia’s Avatar
Sylvia Jul 30, 2020 474 views

What career paths could a major in sociology lead to, and what training do those jobs require?

#JULY20 #sociology #career #college-major #career-choice #careers

Imane’s Avatar
Imane Apr 27, 2020 306 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

Amaya’s Avatar
Amaya Apr 18, 2020 610 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Apr 14, 2020 382 views

I am extremely interested in Criminal Justice and Sociology, but I don't know if I should double major, or if I should get a master's in one area. What's the most logical and cost effective thing to do?

I have a real passion for sociology and criminal justice. I'm not too sure what I want to do career-wise , but I do know that I want to be involved in helping people (especially children) of racial minorities break free from systemic racism. I am extremely passionate about social change and...

Amaya’s Avatar
Amaya Apr 14, 2020 400 views

How do I get more information about where to acquire political experience.

I’m a college freshmen sociology major that goes to a hbcu and I just recently became fond of political science and government. I would love to acquire more knowledge about the major and where I should start to gain experience in that field. #college-major #political-science #sociology #hbcu

Dejanira’s Avatar
Dejanira Apr 10, 2020 423 views

I am taking sociology in college, what are the different jobs that are available in that field?

I initially wanted to take integrated medicine but they will not transfer my credits from a previous college. So I am attending GCU of which transferred 44 credits. #Sociology is the closest thing at that college that will enable me to help people in a better way.

Kakwi’s Avatar
Kakwi Apr 07, 2020 976 views

What is the highest paid job ?

A forward thinker who is open to learn and acquire new idea.

#business #any #human-resources #economics #entrepreneur #business-development #business-management #anthropology #sociology #socialthinker #job-search #marketing #money

Keyla’s Avatar
Keyla Feb 14, 2020 368 views

What are the most effective strategies for seeking a position in this field of construction?

#construction #career #sociology

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Sep 16, 2019 482 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

K’s Avatar
K Aug 20, 2019 314 views

What steps should I take if I want to be a criminal intelligence analyst?

I am currently a sophomore in university pursuing a sociology major.
#sociology #criminal-intelligence-analyst #career

Kate’s Avatar
Kate Aug 13, 2019 1014 views

Similarities between sociology and psychology

#psychology #sociology

Angel’s Avatar
Angel May 02, 2019 503 views

Do sociology and classics majors get good jobs with high salaries?

#sociology #vlassic #classics #greek #rome #college #careers #advice #college-major #college #internationalstudent #majors #minors

Angel’s Avatar
Angel May 01, 2019 463 views

Is double majoring in sociology and classics a good idea or will the work load be tough? And will I have a boost when it comes to job? Will the Latin and Greek in classics be hard? And will a double major be expensive for an international student? What are my job options?

#college #college-major #college-minir #advice #sociology #classics #liberalarts #job #collegemajor #internationalstudents

Claudia’s Avatar
Claudia Mar 21, 2019 350 views

What are job opportunities for Sociology?

#sociology #socialwork

Mary’s Avatar
Mary Oct 30, 2018 417 views

Would it be better to have a sociology major with a minor in human services or to have a double major both with them both?

I am planning on becoming a social worker in the future!
#college-major #sociology #socialwork

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Jul 12, 2018 1862 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

Cheyenne’s Avatar
Cheyenne May 17, 2018 497 views

What specific jobs can a degree in sociology be used for?

My major is currently sociology and I absolutely love the subject. However, as I learn more about the major it does not seem to have a very specific job field. #sociology

Kima’s Avatar
Kima May 17, 2018 519 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in #criminology & #sociology & #physiology & #emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in college

Tamera’s Avatar
Tamera Mar 27, 2018 675 views

Complimentary major/minor for Sociology major?

I plan to chase after a career in international human rights law, working with NGO's like Amnesty International or the EU court of human rights. With that in mind, I've thought about minors/ double majors in subjects like Spanish or international studies, but am still undecided what subject...

Kathryn’s Avatar
Kathryn Mar 19, 2018 473 views

Is graduate school a necessity now?

I'm finishing up my third year of college, and I'm planning on graduating next year. I'm majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Sociology. I don't know if I should go to graduate school or not? Is it better to have that extra edge when employers are looking at candidates? #publicrelations...

Riley’s Avatar
Riley Mar 05, 2018 538 views

How can I pursue a major and academic study that I'm passionate about and be successful?

I currently find myself to be especially interesting in areas of study such as sociology and anthropology, however I worry that majoring in either of those topics would not provide me with a successful future career. So often it seems that the only majors that lead to a successful future is...

Sabrina’s Avatar
Sabrina Feb 09, 2018 501 views

Does knowing psychology or sociology help when teaching?

My goal is to be a teacher but I'm also interested in psychology and sociology and wonder if having a background in those would help me understand my students better. #teaching #psychology-education #sociology #psychology

Arianna’s Avatar
Arianna Jan 19, 2018 397 views

Can I actually find the job of my dreams?

I'm really interested in any and all behavioral sciences, like #sociology, particularly #criminal-psychology or #forensic-psychology. I want to study people, how we work, why we do what we do, and everything associated with us. But I don't know if that dream is reachable. It seems so far...