Career Questions tagged Transfer

Heidy M.’s Avatar
Heidy M. Aug 11, 2018 115 views

Which UC's have the best pre-med programs?

UC: University of California I plan to transfer to a UC and I was wondering which UC's have the best program for pre-med students. #pre-medstudent #transfer #bestucforpre-med #whichucshoulditransferto #medicine #medical #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare...

#med-school

Megan P.’s Avatar
Megan P. Aug 31, 2018 156 views

What is the best way to adjust to a new environment?

I am a transfer student and I transferred last minute so I am wondering the best way to adjust to a new environment quickly so that I can get settled in and focus on classes as soon as possible...

#transfer

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Apr 25, 2018 170 views

Do transfer studnets adjust to their new college well?

I will being going to my local community college and then hopefully to an four year school out-of-state but I am worried about how I will able to adjust. If anyone has had experience with transferring some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! #college-transfer #transfer #twoyearcollege...

#college-advice #fouryearcollege

Jordan Michael W.’s Avatar
Jordan Michael W. Jan 16, 2018 189 views

Is it a good idea to change college for junior and senior year?

I have an opportunity to work in my field if I am willing to transfer to another school 5 hours away from where I am now. #political-science #college #college-transfer...

#transfer

Rupak K.’s Avatar
Rupak K. Sep 01, 2017 304 views

What do we exactly need to achieve in order to get into Harvard University?

I am currently studying in LaGuardia Community College and I plan to transfer to one of the ivy league colleges for the next fall. So, I want to make sure I meet all of the requirements that they need. Its not only my interest, its my necessity. #education #harvard #transfer...

#college-admissions

Armine M.’s Avatar
Armine M. Mar 19, 2018 214 views

Can you change your major after you transfer to a four-year institution?

I am transferring to a four-year institution this Fall 2018, and I would like to know if I can change my major from one science to another if needed or if I desire. #transfer #college-transfer #college-major #college-advice...

Melissa B.’s Avatar
Melissa B. Jan 25, 2018 235 views

Has anyone attended BYU, Utah State, or Hope University?

Because I'd like to transfer to one of these. #college #transfer...

#college-admissions

Brenda S.’s Avatar
Brenda S. Feb 03, 2018 302 views

Should I transfer schools? [College transfer]

Hello CareerVillage community! I'm currently a college student in my second year. I'm about to complete my fourth semester at my public school, where I'm pursuing a BFA in Studio Art, concentration in Graphic Design. I just declared my major as Graphic Design, but the program that I am in is...

#fine-art #art #graphic-design #art-school #transfer #college-transfer

Jeffy J.’s Avatar
Jeffy J. Jan 23, 2018 225 views

As a PSEO student, what is more beneficial.. graduating from my PSEO institution or transferring on to the college I want to go to?

This question came to my mind because I was having a conversation with a friend who was done with all her credits needed to earn her associate degree from a community college. She was also a PSEO student but she told me that she is not graduating from the community college, in fact, she is just...

#pseo #graduate #transfer

Nabeeha K.’s Avatar
Nabeeha K. Jan 17, 2018 236 views

How can I have an easy transition from a community college to a 4-year university?

I plan on transferring to an undecided four year University and am scared that the transition will be tough on me. Is there any way I can ensure that I will be able to thrive in and enjoy my new environment? #communitycollege #transfer #college-transfer #transition #social #mental-health...

#budgeting

Yekaterina Z.’s Avatar
Yekaterina Z. Jan 16, 2018 244 views

Do employers care whether I earned my degree from a four-year or a community college?

I'm trying to understand whether employers place a lot of emphasis on where a potential employee get their degree. I want to save money by transferring from a community college to a four-year, but I'm worried it may cheapen my profile when I start looking for a career. I have commonly heard the...

#publicvsprivate #save #transfer #employers #degree #help

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 442 views

What is the best way to transfer into a UC school?

Attending UCI next year, but was wondering how can I make it easy for myself if I wanted to transfer to a different UC school. #california #transfer #college...

#college-admissions

Ronain H.’s Avatar
Ronain H. Sep 01, 2017 335 views

If I want transfer out of the current college I go to and my credits don't transfer? Will I have to retake those courses?

I've heard many stories of credits not transferring over after leaving a college. It's a scary idea to think of because then those classes were basically pointless. #transfer #collegecredits #college...

#college-advice

Jonnie C.’s Avatar
Jonnie C. Sep 01, 2017 298 views

How do you find the best schools that have the best teaching programs and what resources are there available for me to use to help earn money for school?

Im asking because I'm not sure on what schools I should look into for transferring and I want to choose the best school with the best program i can find. I also wanna find resources I can use to help me pay for colleges, these resources include scholarships, grants, etc. #transfer #english...

#teacher #letsdothis

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Mar 07, 2017 1337 views

Which Ivy League school is most accepting of transfers student?

I am considering transferring universities. I have an excellent current university GPA, many service hours, and involvement in a few organizations on campus. My current university is not a good fit socially and I do not like the location and atmosphere. Looking for a place where others are...

#ivy-league #transfer #college-admissions #college-bound #university

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Mar 04, 2017 500 views

Does transferring school put you behind the rest of your peers?

I want to plan accordingly to decide if I want to stay or transfer to another school for next semester. However, since a lot of the core classes that I am taking now will not be transferred (I did a little research), I am worried that I will be behind the game if I do transfer. Thus, I hope you...

#academic-advising #college #college-advisement #transfer #college-selection

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 19, 2017 477 views

What should a student consider before transferring to a different college?

I am senior and am considering transferring to a different school as I feel unsatisfied with the college culture as well as the teaching methods of many of the professors in my program. #college #college-transfer...

#transfer

Bonnie R.’s Avatar
Bonnie R. Oct 25, 2016 411 views

How difficult is it to transfer to UC Davis?

I am currently a biology major in community college and I was wondering, from first hand experience, how difficult was it for a majority of you to transfer into UC Davis, and how much time did you devote to it? Was the teaching style different from college to university? #college #biology...

#university-teaching #college-transfer #transfer #college-admissions #university

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 385 views

What is the best way to transfer into Medical School in my first year of college?

Attending UCI, and majoring in bio medical engineering. #medical #school...

#transfer

Taylor E.’s Avatar
Taylor E. May 12, 2016 425 views

Will colleges allow me to transfer my full PSEO credits when it's time for me to go to college?

I am just finishing up my junior year of high school, so my journey for colleges and scholarships has truly begun. However, I have been part time PSEO at Itasca Community College this year and next year will be full time. I was wondering if colleges will transfer my full credits over when I...

#psychology #college #transfer

Zoe J.’s Avatar
Zoe J. Apr 09, 2016 673 views

I want to be in a certain career environment (entertainment/tourism), but also want to have the option of working with businesses. What type of communications degree should I choose?

I am a college freshman. I don't have a definitive answer for what I want to do for the rest of my life. A business degree has a lot of versatility and flexibility. I also want to major (or minor) in communications to compliment my business degree. By obtaining both degrees, I hope to be more...

#communications #freshman #undecided #career #college #major #transfer #business

Cindy H.’s Avatar
Cindy H. Jan 13, 2015 1542 views

Is it better to go to a 4-year college or transfer in from a community college?

I'm debating whether I should go straight to a 4 year or transfer in from a community college. #college...

#transfer