How many universities should I apply to as a transfer student?

2

Daisy’s Answer

Hello,

I recently worked at a community college in their transfer center and when students would ask this question I always recommend that they apply to at least more than 1 school, and make sure it is a school that is of interest to you. Many schools have impacted majors which makes it more difficult to get into them which is why you want to apply to more than 1. I would suggest applying to at least 4 CSUs and 4 UCs if you get the fee waiver. As a transfer student you may be able to get an associate degree for transfer and get a guarantee admission into a CSU. I would also look into the TAG program for the UCs and see if that list has a college of interest on there because if you follow their matrix you might be able to get guaranteed admission to one of the UCs.

I suggest visiting your college's transfer center to look at your options and meeting with a counselor so that they can make sure that you have the courses to transfer completed.

Daisy recommends the following next steps:

Look into a ADT-Associate Degree to Transfer
Look into TAG for UCs
Go on Assist.org to check what classes you need to take to transfer to specific schools
Visit your school's transfer center for more information

4