Career Questions tagged Ivy League

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 16, 2018 165 views

How much more competitive is an Ivy League degree compared to a SUNY degree?

If two candidates are applying for the same job, will the one with the Ivy League School degree get it over the SUNY degree applicant? #degrees #college #ivy-league #suny #admissions...

#college-admissions

Anna L.’s Avatar
Anna L. Jul 09, 2018 153 views

How do I get accepted into Harvard?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into Harvard. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips to get in and information about...

#harvard #medicine #dedicated #ivy-league

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 215 views

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#premedical #student-debt #ivy-league #medicine #premed #expensive

Josephine C.’s Avatar
Josephine C. Jun 23, 2017 679 views

Best method to studying for SAT and ACT at the same time?

I am planning to take the ACT in September and SAT in October and I would like to know how I can study for both simultaneously and receive the best scores I possibly can. Any advice? Have any of you done the same before? #college #testing #ivy-league #sat...

#act

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. May 03, 2017 588 views

The Ivy Leagues based on small class sizes, interactive learning

Please rank the ivies on the quality of the academics, in this specific setting please consider: the size of class, interactive learning, case studies, Professor vs TA, teacher-student engagement, Professor accessibility etc... #college #professor #university #academic-advising #ivy-league...

#case-studies

Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Apr 15, 2017 497 views

Are Ivy Leagues REALLY worth it?

Although there is already debate regarding this around the country, I decided to bring the discussion here. Is going to an Ivy League and/or prestigious school REALLY beneficial to one's career? #college #undergraduate #ivy-league...

#entry-level

Somer A.’s Avatar
Somer A. Apr 12, 2017 475 views

What are my chances of getting into an ivy league school?

I'm a junior in high school. I have a pretty decent GPA and I have all A's. I've done a tone of program like internships abroad at hospitals and labs and I'm currently doing a leadership program with Princeton and a mentor-ship program with a pharmaceutical company called Novartis. I'm in 5...

#college-selection #college #ivy-league #college-admissions

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Apr 11, 2017 526 views

Which ivy league school is most accepting of high achieving transfers?

Ending my second year with very competitive near perfect college GPA, looking to transfer to more academically focus school. Either a small liberal arts college or ivy. Open to other choices also with suggestions #college #higher-education #college-applications #academic-advising #ivy-league...

#college-transfer #mba #liberal-arts

Jennifer T.’s Avatar
Jennifer T. Mar 18, 2017 469 views
Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Mar 07, 2017 1340 views

Which Ivy League school is most accepting of transfers student?

I am considering transferring universities. I have an excellent current university GPA, many service hours, and involvement in a few organizations on campus. My current university is not a good fit socially and I do not like the location and atmosphere. Looking for a place where others are...

#college-bound #ivy-league #university #transfer #college-admissions

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Jan 15, 2017 1014 views

What are the pros and cons of Ivy Leagues compared to other colleges?

In all aspects, including socially, academically, financially, career-wise,etc., how do Ivy Leagues compare to other colleges/universities? Does their prestige affect the overall outcome of one's future? #college #career #university #career-path #social #career-development #ivy-league...

#academic

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 12, 2017 572 views
Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. Oct 27, 2016 638 views

Does a college name really matter?

I am applying to colleges right now, and everyone around me is throwing around names like Princeton and Harvard. My question is this: how important is a college name when it comes to undergraduate studies? Is it really a big difference whether I go to an Ivy League or another college that also...

#job #ivy-league #specific-college #job-search #college

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Oct 18, 2016 396 views

What is Cornell like and did you like your experience there? How tough is it to get a good GPA there?

I am a junior in high school. I am looking to apply to colleges next summer and just wanted to get a heads up to see what I was aiming for. #college #university...

#ivy-league

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Oct 18, 2016 485 views

What is the environment at Ivy-leage and top unverities and collges like?

#ivy-league

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Oct 18, 2016 480 views

How many AP and challanging classes shoud one take during High School? Do all schools accept AP credits?

#ivy-league

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Oct 18, 2016 348 views

How does a degree from a top college/university help you in life?

I am a junior in high school. I am looking to apply to colleges next summer and just wanted to see the benefits of going to a good school. #college #university #ivy-league...

#harvard

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 18, 2016 671 views

Is it safe to apply to to ivy league schools?

I have hope that I will get accepted to an ivy league school. However, I know that the chances of that happening are pretty low. I am also planning on apply to a few schools that I deem as safe to me since I am positive I will get into those. It's just that I want to throw my application out...

#advice #ivy-league #college

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 02, 2016 627 views

Does going to a top college actually affect the success of your future endeavors?

As a junior in high school, I am starting to prepare to apply to colleges. My school is quite small (a total of 175 students only in my grade). Although this is so, previous graduates of my high school have gone out to Columbia, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Yale, and other elite universities. I am...

#high-school #student #top-colleges #ivy-league #university #college

Shelly K.’s Avatar
Shelly K. May 19, 2016 694 views

How does an individual go about taking a gap year before an Ivy League law school?

How does an individual go about taking a gap year before an Ivy League law school? Do you wait until the end of senior year then apply? Or wait until the gap year has finished? #law #law-school #ivy-league...

#gap-year

alisha H.’s Avatar
alisha H. May 14, 2016 716 views

Does the college you go to really matter when you get a job in the future?

i don't know the relevance of wether you go to an ivy league vs. an institute of community college. #college #colleges #ivy-league #community...

#institute

Kristina Y.’s Avatar
Kristina Y. Jun 28, 2016 527 views

Is it more important to go to a prestigious college/uni or to go to another college/uni that is more unknown, but cheaper?

What are the pros and cons of going to a prestigious college/uni (ie Ivy League)? Is it worth it? Will I be able to have the same quality of education elsewhere? #college #education #university #colleges...

#ivy-league

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 462 views

What are important factors in accepted college applications to the Ivy League?

A dream would be to be accepted to an Ivy League university and I was wondering what would be important in an acceptance. #college #college-bound #ivy-league #application...

#college-essay

Karina A.’s Avatar
Karina A. May 24, 2016 425 views

Which one is better: an Undergrad Ivy League School or a Graduate Ivy League School?

As a student from a middle class family, I must worry about money for college and attempt to not get myself suffocated by loans. Therefore, I wanted to know if it is better to go to an expensive out-state college as an undergrad, or simply do a not so expensive college then pursuit a Master's...

#ivy-league #college

Rohit N.’s Avatar
Rohit N. May 24, 2016 1079 views

Will it be beneficial for me to pursue a double major in computer science and neuroscience given my interest in general AI and machine learning?

I've been interested in artificial intelligence and bridging the gap between computers and biology. I want to know more about the scope of this field in the near future. #computer-science #neuroscience #ivy-league...

#artificial-intelligence

Joshua Joseph A.’s Avatar
Joshua Joseph A. May 19, 2016 1165 views

Is it better to be "well rounded" or "specialized"?

All around, we are told to take classes in which we have no interest in, yet do so anyway due to wanting to be "well-rounded" Do colleges and universities want to see a "spike" in terms of academics and extracurriculars (meaning a specialty, such as if you have a passion for science, then a...

#student #college-student #ivy-league #university #professor #college #teacher

Michelle W.’s Avatar
Michelle W. May 18, 2016 563 views

Is it worth it to attend prestigious colleges?

I know how good it looks when you apply to grad school or for a job, but is it really worth going into student debt for? #colleges #ivy-league...

#financial

Stuart W.’s Avatar
Stuart W. May 13, 2016 528 views

Is it worth being a decent student in a well accredited university or a great student at a normally accredited university?

I'm a 3.9917 student in a weighted G.P.A. school. I've always done well in class and I'm very willing to try new things as well as participated in academic related events and charity events. Although my credentials are noteworthy I still feel it is better worth my time to enroll in a college...

#ivy-league #professor

Andrea L.’s Avatar
Andrea L. May 08, 2016 474 views

Are you able to wait a year before applying to an Ivy League if hoping to get accepted?

I was planning on taking a year or two at a local community college after my senior year to become a CNA or LPN. I was then planning on applying to Ivy League's to get my undergraduates degree in biology or neurology before going to medical school. Would my chances of being accepted into an Ivy...

#biology #neurology #college #ivy-league #university #medicine #pre-med #doctor