Career Questions tagged Ivyleague

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? #medschool #topschool #ivyleague #medicine #medical #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #premed...

#medical-school

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018

Why are college acceptance rates so low?

Acceptance rates to “elite” colleges and universities are extremely low and continue to drop each year. So I am wondering if these colleges and universities are very hard to get into because they admission standards have changed and continue to change of if there are just more applicants each...

#gpa #ivyleague #acceptancerates #sat #collegeadmissions

Noah H.’s Avatar
Noah H. Aug 30, 2018

Will founding a club and programming your own game get you a good chance at getting into the Ivy League?

I am currently in the process of these 2 things and I'm not sure how to beef up my chances of getting into Brown/Harvard. Do I stand a good chance with these under my belt + president of another club + solid Ivy level academics? Also I'm going into computer science, if that helps (or...

#computerscience #ivyleague #college #brown

Brianna T.’s Avatar
Brianna T. May 17, 2018

What is considered a "good" SAT score to have in order to get into a ivy league?

I got an average score on the SAT but I am well rounded everywhere else. #college #admissions #college-admissions #ivyleague #sat...

#testing

Jordan D.’s Avatar
Jordan D. May 31, 2018

Will Ivy League colleges continue to function if their requirements keep getting tougher?

Many students get discouraged about applying to Ivy League colleges because of their steep requirements for applications... #requirements...

#ivyleague

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Apr 17, 2018

Are the loans worth it?

Is an Ivy League education for graduate school worth $100K in loans? At what point does the opportunity cost become negative? #ivyleague #loans #debt...

#worried

Jonathan M.’s Avatar
Jonathan M. Apr 17, 2018

Is it worth it to go Ivy League for undergrad?

I can get into Harvard level schools but I'm not sure the cost is worth it. Would a state school be good enough?...

#ivyleague

Jenna B.’s Avatar
Jenna B. Mar 24, 2018

Can I still get into an Ivy League school if I'm not valedictorian?

I get straight As, I do community work, and I am a very hard working student. I would love to go to an Ivy League especially since I want to go into the medical field. Is it realistic to plan on going to Yale or Harvard if I am only in the top 10 percent of a public high school? #medicine...

#valedictorian #ivyleague

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018

what is the SAT score range for getting into Ivy League schools?

SAT score range and the accomplishments people do in high schools. What makes those students stand out from the others? General comments about Ivy League schools. #ivyleague #act #college-major #college #sat #university #howard-university #brown-university...

#columbia-university

Mariya P.’s Avatar
Mariya P. Jan 17, 2018

Are you bound to a future of low income if your current financial situation limits your college options?

Growing up, I was the daughter of a single mother. Our financial situation could be classified as the grey area between poverty and lower middle class. Now, as I embark onto University life, my parents cannot financially support me. This leaves me choosing between community college and in state...

#financial #instate #financial-aid #ivyleague #communitycollege #education #lowincome #dreams #tuition #journalism #university