Career Questions tagged University Applications

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 01, 2017 543 views

Is it wise to apply to more than one college?

I intend to study in Singapore, so I would prefer an answer relevant to the Singapore context, but I'm open to answers related to university applications for other countries. university university-applications...

university-teaching

Benjamin C.’s Avatar
Benjamin C. May 05, 2018 378 views

Are there any resume items which would make my college application really stand out?

I am active in community service, extracurricular and leadership activities, as well as clubs, sports, and band. Are there any other things I could do to improve my visibility when applying for college? college-admissions university-applications...

resume-building

Kayleen F.’s Avatar
Kayleen F. Jan 16, 2018 570 views

What if the Application deadline has passed?

I have decided to apply to a college, but I am afraid that the application deadline has passed. Should I apply anyways? college-applications university-applications college...

college-admissions

Bryce S.’s Avatar
Bryce S. Mar 24, 2018 608 views

For college application essays, is content or structure and formatting more important?

Many applications give you options on essays. Some choices seem ideal with my writing style that I could write them with good formatting, but other topics I feel as if the content I put into it would help me stand out, but may not be quite as structured. #essays writing writing-and-editing...

university-applications college-applications

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 01, 2016 670 views

What is the first step I can take if I have decided that I will take my chances and apply to Stanford the following year?

I am a rising junior in my high school and I know that it is a really long shot that I could ever end up going there. However, I like to have a little faith that I can apply and hope that the college admissions office over there accepts me. I do not even know what to do now though. I take the...

college-selection college university-applications college-admissions stanford engineering

Kayla M.’s Avatar
Kayla M. Mar 31, 2018 486 views

What are ways to stand out to colleges on applications, and also for financial aid?

Pretty soon I will start applying to college and I would love to get into my top 2, and I would appreciate some tips to look good on my application. college-applications university-applications college...

scholarships

Ashley N.’s Avatar
Ashley N. Mar 27, 2018 278 views

Should I apply to colleges that seem out of reach?

In considering which schools to apply to, I've realized that some schools are definitely reach schools. Is it worth it to apply? university-applications college...

reach

Ethan I.’s Avatar
Ethan I. Mar 15, 2018 1010 views

What’s the best route for college education?

College is expensive yet rewarding. Should I rack up the debt and experience the college life or should I hold back and take the cheapest route to achieve my future career? undecided university-applications...

college

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 482 views

what should I study in college if I want to become an orthodontist?

I want to know the process of becoming an orthodontist. The studying would take a long time, but I want to know what major should I be in to get into that path. What college would best prepare me for this profession? dentist dentistry pediatric-dentistry college-major college...

university testing university-applications college-advice family-dentistry

Reem A.’s Avatar
Reem A. Sep 01, 2017 370 views

Does anyone know anything about University of Michigan- Ann Arbor admissions?

This is my goal school and I would really like any advice anyone has! Michigan AnnArbor university-applications...

college

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Apr 11, 2017 1304 views

What are some Liberal Arts Colleges that would accept transfer credits/ courses from state school?

Very interest in transferring to a small, liberal arts college for individualized and though probing courses. Currently finishing my 2nd year of college a medium sized public state university. My current major is finance. Please comment if you would like more info the the courses that I have...

corporate-finance college-transfer liberal-arts university-applications university higher-education finance

Rahma W.’s Avatar
Rahma W. Feb 06, 2017 606 views

Can somone recommend some universities offering computer engineering in any country that is affordable?

I am close to graduate high school and am searching for an affordable university that offers bachelor's of computer engineering. computer-software computer-engineering scholarships software-engineering study-abroad university-applications...

student-development

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Jan 02, 2017 1048 views

Which is better small liberal arts university or prestigious?

In my area there are plenty of both and when it comes time to apply I want to know which is better to study at. I want to know things like pros and cons and cost wise and all that both entail. college university higher-education university-applications liberal-arts...

prestigious-university

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 30, 2016 627 views

When applying to universities, the people at admissions always enjoy reading unconventional essays. How does one know that what they are writing fits this criteria?

I've been watching many interviews and videos about how the people at the admissions department enjoy unique essays as well as students who believe their essays are what really helped them get into the university. How can you make sure that one is writing something on the flamboyant side?...

college-bound college-essay college university college-admissions university-applications college-recruiting university-recruiting

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 26, 2016 735 views

Should high school students be focused on doing extracurricular activities based off of what they would want to major in college?

I have a friend who really wants to become a doctor, and almost all her extracurricular activities are tied around medicine. She did a medical program in Harvard, volunteers at a hospital, etc. Would she have a better chance of getting in somewhere because she knows what she wants and is doing...

volunteering university career-path university-applications career-choice career career-counseling extracurriculars

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 665 views

What are some steps to take as a freshman towards preparing for university?

I am a highly ambitious person and am aiming high in my choices of universities and I know to be accepted there are a lot of people that start preparing from now. The problem is I don't know what steps I can take to prepare for university or to make my application look really good when the time...

university high-school-students freshmen university-applications

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 19, 2016 513 views

What are some good extracurriculars to commit to?

I know that I need to start on something from now to spice up my university applications but there are a few problems. First of all, my parents are on a very limited budget so I need to be able to do something that isn't too expensive. Second, sports aren't my thing so the obvious answer is...

high-school university-applications extracurriculars

Paul V.’s Avatar
Paul V. Dec 17, 2016 5109 views

Can someone proofread my college transfer essay?

Essay prompt: Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source. (250-650 words) I have always challenged myself academically, I have taken advanced...

college-essay college-admissions university-applications college-recruiting writing

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 10, 2016 785 views

How do you make your university application stand out?

I am a freshman now and I want to know what sort of things I should be doing so that when it comes time to send out applications I will stand out among other applicants. college-admissions...

university-applications

Darlene K.’s Avatar
Darlene K. Aug 12, 2016 1375 views
Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. Aug 07, 2016 651 views

CalTech-Dream School

My dream school is CalTech i want to become a robotics or electrical engineer. Im an incoming Junior what are some tips to begin preparing or some things that i should look out for? university electrical-engineering university-applications robotics-engineer...

school-counseling