Career Questions tagged Family Dentistry

Gabriel M.’s Avatar
Gabriel M. Dec 13, 2017 391 views

What steps are necessary to become an anesthesiologist?

I don’t come from a family of money or a family in the medical career. Honestly I don’t want to become an anesthesiologist for the interest but I have learned that anything I focus towards I grow to love that subject and a job like anesthesiology is something not many people will do, but I will...

#anesthesiology #healthcare #medical-practice #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #family-dentistry

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 347 views

what should I study in college if I want to become an orthodontist?

I want to know the process of becoming an orthodontist. The studying would take a long time, but I want to know what major should I be in to get into that path. What college would best prepare me for this profession? #dentist #dentistry #pediatric-dentistry #college-major #college...

#university #testing #family-dentistry #university-applications #college-advice

Averion G.’s Avatar
Averion G. Aug 31, 2017 365 views

Are you more hands on while trying to become a dentist ?

I am asking this question because I am more of a hands on learner and I wanted to learn more about this field. #dentistry #family-dentistry...

#dentist

Cierra D.’s Avatar
Cierra D. Mar 10, 2017 929 views

To be a dental hygienist or a dentist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I am trying to decide what classes to take. I'm trying to take as many classes as I can if I decide I want to go to a four year school instead of just a two. I'm from Iowa and my biggest decision maker is how much I would make? I've read all over and there are...

#dentistry #pediatric-dentistry #dental-hygienist #family-dentistry

jayaprasad yadav K.’s Avatar
jayaprasad yadav K. May 07, 2016 1201 views
Nancy H.’s Avatar
Nancy H. Oct 05, 2016 745 views

Curious about Dental Hygiene and Dentistry.

I am a senior in high school and I'm close to applying to schools. But I want to become a dentist in the long run. but as of now that isn't until i finish my pre reqs to get into a dental school. So what I'm hoping for is that, wouldn't it be better if i went in for a dental hygiene major/...

#family-dentistry #cosmetic-dentistry #dental-practice #dentistry #dental-hygienist #dentist #medicine #dental

Julie S.’s Avatar
Julie S. Mar 19, 2014 1218 views

I'm interested in a dentistry career, what tips do you have?

What tips would you provide to a student pursuing a career as a dental hygienist? #dentist #dental-hygienist #family-dentistry...

#pediatric-dentistry

Wilnide D.’s Avatar
Wilnide D. May 24, 2016 684 views
Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 23, 2016 4071 views

Do you reccommend attending a community college then tranfering to a university to get your specific dental training? or start off at that university?

My financial situation isn't the best, so anyway I can save money I will do. Also, if I'm getting the same education at a community college, then why can't I go there instead? #dental #family-dentistry...

#dental-hygiene

Jennifer A.’s Avatar
Jennifer A. May 18, 2016 1549 views

Another question for dentists: would you say that it is an absolute MUST for one to be an extrovert in order to be a dentist?

Hello! My name is Jennifer, and I am a pre-dental student at Virginia Commonwealth University. I was wondering if any dentists out there would say that it is an absolute MUST for one to be an extrovert in order to be a dentist. A little bit about myself... For the majority of my life, I have...

#cosmetic-dentistry #dental-practice #dentistry #dentist #dental #family-dentistry

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 04, 2016 638 views

How much school is required if I want to become a pediatric dentist?

I might want to become a pediatric dentist, but I'm unsure if it would take too many years of school and if it would be very flexible. #dentistry #children #family-dentistry...

#pediatric-dentistry

Ann G.’s Avatar
Ann G. Apr 08, 2014 881 views

What are the steps in becoming a pediatric dentist?

I am a junior in high school and I want to know what are the steps for becoming a pediatric dentist. #dentistry #dental #family-dentistry #pediatric-dentistry...

#steps

Ann G.’s Avatar
Ann G. Apr 08, 2014 924 views

How does a day look like for a dentist?

I am a junior in high school and I want to be a dentist, so I want to know how my day will look like if I really do become a dentist. #dentistry #dentist #dental-hygienist #family-dentistry...

#pediatric-dentistry

Ann G.’s Avatar
Ann G. Apr 07, 2014 1303 views

How much does someone in Dental school make right out of college?

I am a junior in high school and I am interested in pursuing a career as a Pediatric dentist. #dentistry #dental-hygienist #family-dentistry #compensation...

#pediatric-dentistry

Julie S.’s Avatar
Julie S. Mar 19, 2014 863 views

dental hygienist

What's it like to be a dental hygienist? #dentistry #dental...

#family-dentistry