Career Questions tagged Dental Hygiene

Danell L.’s Avatar
Danell L. Mar 17 251 views

What are some jobs in the dental field that do not require an extreme amount of schooling?

I was looking into dental hygiene, but i’m afraid my parents are going to be disappointed because they want me to look for a job that earns more money. dental-hygienist dental dentistry dental-hygiene...

dentist

Lydia S.’s Avatar
Lydia S. Oct 27, 2020 268 views

What is Something Unexpected in Being a Dental-Hygienist

I've read a lot about being a dental hygienist, and a lot of the same things pop up like cleaning teeth and educating patients how how to avoid oral diseases, but what is something about your job that doesn't get in the spotlight too much. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just something...

job workplace dental-hygiene

Ryen H.’s Avatar
Ryen H. Sep 08, 2020 641 views

do you have to major in dental hygiene to be a dental hygienist?

I know that you can major in dental hygiene but is there another major you can get a degree in before going into the dental hygiene program? dental dental-hygienist...

dental-hygiene

Trisha L.’s Avatar
Trisha L. Apr 21, 2018 451 views

Relocating Future Dental Hygienist... NC to MA or RI

I am currently in Dental Hygiene school in North Carolina. I am about to start my second year of the program, and will graduate in 2019. When I graduate, I plan to move to either Massachusetts or Rhode Island (somewhere close to the state lines). North Carolina is one of the stricter states,...

dentistry rdh dental-hygienist dental-hygiene relocation dental dental-practice

Robyn  J.’s Avatar
Robyn J. Aug 31, 2017 527 views

What is the typical day like in the career of being a dentist?

I want to become a dentist because i like being involved in things that require you to be hands on. I also know there are different types of dentists and i want to know how you came to the conclusion of which one you wanted to be. dentistry dental-hygiene dental-assistant...

cosmetic-dentistry

Julia K.’s Avatar
Julia K. Apr 07, 2017 2131 views

What majors should I go into to become a dental hygienist.?

I'm a junior in high school and I am interested in becoming a Dental Hygienist. I have a 3.2 GPA. I am not interested at all in going to community college because I want a bachelors degree. What colleges are there in the United States that would prepare me to go into this field and what majors...

school dentistry dental-hygienist dental-hygiene dentist

De'Asia  S.’s Avatar
De'Asia S. Feb 13, 2017 489 views

What is the highest paying job for a dental hygienist

How much money do they receive for their position dentistry dental-hygienist...

dental-hygiene

Makaila W.’s Avatar
Makaila W. Oct 27, 2016 555 views

Do I have to take Pre-dental course requirements before I take dental hygiene course requirements ?

Hi I am a freshman in college and currently signing up for my spring classes online and I was a little curious and confused by pre-dental and dental hygiene. dental-hygienist dental-hygiene...

dental-practice

Cheska H.’s Avatar
Cheska H. Oct 25, 2016 1916 views

Should I go for Physician Assistant or to be a Dental Hygienist

I am going for a bachelors degree but I am debating on which one to take. What do you think would be the best choice to a successful future? My heart is leaning more towards Dental Hygienist, however, in the state I currently live in, they do not have enough clinics for dental hygienist so the...

healthcare japan physicians-assistant physician psychology dentistry dental-hygienist dental-hygiene nursing

kacey L.’s Avatar
kacey L. Oct 23, 2016 2091 views

To become a Dentist, would a major in biochemistry be the best fit?

I'm an incoming college freshman in 2017 and was wondering what major would work best for my field of study. dentistry dentist dental-hygienist dental dental-hygiene dental-practice...

dental-assistant

Lili  Z.’s Avatar
Lili Z. Oct 01, 2016 711 views

How to become a dental hygienist?

I want to be a dental hygienist and I need to take certain courses before i start with the career, so can I just take those certain course only and finish them and then start with my career or do i have to take other classes? I have already graduated high school. I'm very confused. college...

dental-hygienist dental-hygiene

Dana B.’s Avatar
Dana B. Aug 22, 2016 899 views

Dental Hygiene?

I really want to be a dental hygienist. But I want to go to a 4 year college as I feel like that is the best option for me. Most schools in my state do not have Dental Hygiene as a B.S, only an A.S. Is there an equivalent major I can pursue (like BioChem) and then go for a year or 2 long...

dentistry dental-hygienist dental-hygiene dentist dental dental-practice

Ingrid S.’s Avatar
Ingrid S. May 25, 2016 845 views

How many years do I have to study in order to become a dentist hygienist?

My name is Ingrid and I am senior at Southwest Miami Senior High. I have always love science and writing since middle school years. The reason why I am asking this question is because I am planning to study to become a dentist hygienist and it is best to ask instead of not knowing anything so I...

dentistry dental-hygiene

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 23, 2016 5310 views

Do you reccommend attending a community college then tranfering to a university to get your specific dental training? or start off at that university?

My financial situation isn't the best, so anyway I can save money I will do. Also, if I'm getting the same education at a community college, then why can't I go there instead? dental family-dentistry...

dental-hygiene

Morgan S.’s Avatar
Morgan S. May 09, 2016 950 views

Would a degree in Dentay Hygiene give me a good foundation to continue on to Dental School?

I will be starting college in the fall of 2016. I decided on pursuing a major in dental hygiene with hopes to later go on to dental school. I know most of the dentists I have talked to said that they majored in biology or pre-dentistry before dental school. However, I did not want to major in...

dentistry dental dental-hygiene