Career Questions tagged Dental Hygiene

Lydia S.’s Avatar
Lydia S. Oct 27, 2020 109 views

What is Something Unexpected in Being a Dental-Hygienist

I've read a lot about being a dental hygienist, and a lot of the same things pop up like cleaning teeth and educating patients how how to avoid oral diseases, but what is something about your job that doesn't get in the spotlight too much. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just something...

#workplace #dental-hygiene #job

Ryen H.’s Avatar
Ryen H. Sep 08, 2020 192 views

do you have to major in dental hygiene to be a dental hygienist?

I know that you can major in dental hygiene but is there another major you can get a degree in before going into the dental hygiene program? #dental #dental-hygienist...

#dental-hygiene

Trisha L.’s Avatar
Trisha L. Apr 21, 2018 334 views

Relocating Future Dental Hygienist... NC to MA or RI

I am currently in Dental Hygiene school in North Carolina. I am about to start my second year of the program, and will graduate in 2019. When I graduate, I plan to move to either Massachusetts or Rhode Island (somewhere close to the state lines). North Carolina is one of the stricter states,...

#dentistry #rdh #dental-practice #relocation #dental-hygiene #dental #dental-hygienist

Robyn  J.’s Avatar
Robyn J. Aug 31, 2017 444 views

What is the typical day like in the career of being a dentist?

I want to become a dentist because i like being involved in things that require you to be hands on. I also know there are different types of dentists and i want to know how you came to the conclusion of which one you wanted to be. #dentistry #dental-hygiene #dental-assistant...

#cosmetic-dentistry

Julia K.’s Avatar
Julia K. Apr 07, 2017 1537 views

What majors should I go into to become a dental hygienist.?

I'm a junior in high school and I am interested in becoming a Dental Hygienist. I have a 3.2 GPA. I am not interested at all in going to community college because I want a bachelors degree. What colleges are there in the United States that would prepare me to go into this field and what majors...

#dentistry #dentist #school #dental-hygiene #dental-hygienist

De'Asia  S.’s Avatar
De'Asia S. Feb 13, 2017 427 views

What is the highest paying job for a dental hygienist

How much money do they receive for their position #dentistry #dental-hygienist...

#dental-hygiene

Makaila W.’s Avatar
Makaila W. Oct 27, 2016 478 views

Do I have to take Pre-dental course requirements before I take dental hygiene course requirements ?

Hi I am a freshman in college and currently signing up for my spring classes online and I was a little curious and confused by pre-dental and dental hygiene. #dental-hygienist #dental-hygiene...

#dental-practice

Cheska H.’s Avatar
Cheska H. Oct 25, 2016 1612 views

Should I go for Physician Assistant or to be a Dental Hygienist

I am going for a bachelors degree but I am debating on which one to take. What do you think would be the best choice to a successful future? My heart is leaning more towards Dental Hygienist, however, in the state I currently live in, they do not have enough clinics for dental hygienist so the...

#nursing #healthcare #physician #dental-hygiene #psychology #dental-hygienist #dentistry #physicians-assistant #japan

kacey L.’s Avatar
kacey L. Oct 23, 2016 1830 views

To become a Dentist, would a major in biochemistry be the best fit?

I'm an incoming college freshman in 2017 and was wondering what major would work best for my field of study. #dentistry #dentist #dental-hygienist #dental #dental-hygiene #dental-practice...

#dental-assistant

Lili  Z.’s Avatar
Lili Z. Oct 01, 2016 604 views

How to become a dental hygienist?

I want to be a dental hygienist and I need to take certain courses before i start with the career, so can I just take those certain course only and finish them and then start with my career or do i have to take other classes? I have already graduated high school. I'm very confused. #college...

#dental-hygiene #dental-hygienist

Dana B.’s Avatar
Dana B. Aug 22, 2016 802 views

Dental Hygiene?

I really want to be a dental hygienist. But I want to go to a 4 year college as I feel like that is the best option for me. Most schools in my state do not have Dental Hygiene as a B.S, only an A.S. Is there an equivalent major I can pursue (like BioChem) and then go for a year or 2 long...

#dentistry #dental-practice #dentist #dental-hygiene #dental #dental-hygienist

Ingrid S.’s Avatar
Ingrid S. May 25, 2016 772 views

How many years do I have to study in order to become a dentist hygienist?

My name is Ingrid and I am senior at Southwest Miami Senior High. I have always love science and writing since middle school years. The reason why I am asking this question is because I am planning to study to become a dentist hygienist and it is best to ask instead of not knowing anything so I...

#dentistry #dental-hygiene

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 23, 2016 4452 views

Do you reccommend attending a community college then tranfering to a university to get your specific dental training? or start off at that university?

My financial situation isn't the best, so anyway I can save money I will do. Also, if I'm getting the same education at a community college, then why can't I go there instead? #dental #family-dentistry...

#dental-hygiene

Morgan S.’s Avatar
Morgan S. May 09, 2016 868 views

Would a degree in Dentay Hygiene give me a good foundation to continue on to Dental School?

I will be starting college in the fall of 2016. I decided on pursuing a major in dental hygiene with hopes to later go on to dental school. I know most of the dentists I have talked to said that they majored in biology or pre-dentistry before dental school. However, I did not want to major in...

#dentistry #dental-hygiene #dental