Career Questions tagged Dental

Andrea F.’s Avatar
Andrea F. Aug 29, 2018

What struggles does a dental assistant conquer daily?

Do they struggle with patients, coworkers, or equipment in their station? #dental Assisting #dental #dental-assistant #dentistry...

#dental-hygienist

Aastha P.’s Avatar
Aastha P. Aug 18, 2018

What college courses would be beneficial for me to take to be a dentist?

Hello my name is Aastha P. I am in 7th grade and go to Pikeville Jr.High School in Pikeville, KY. , I am currently attending a S.T.E.M Camp through Verizon Innovations in Learning. I would love to have some input as to the path I need to take to become a dentist. #dentistry #dentist #dental...

#college #classes

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Sep 18, 2018

Can I major in Business Management and go to Dental School or Optometry School?

I'm a freshman who just started college and I'm quite confused. At first I was a business major and then switched over to biological sciences because I've always wanted a career in the health field and thought that might be the best major. Now, I don't really think so. I either want to be a...

#optometry #college-major #dental #pre-optometry #business #college #business-management #pre-dental #entrepreneur #health

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Aug 30, 2018

Do I need to have a major in science to attend dental school?

Do I need to major in, for instance, Biology or any hard science to attend a dental or medical school? #science #dental...

#dentistry

Andrea F.’s Avatar
Andrea F. Aug 29, 2018

What's the difference between dental assistant and a dental hygiene?

I want to understand the major differences of both career options. #dental Assisting...

#dental-hygienist

Kimberly R.’s Avatar
Kimberly R. Aug 23, 2018

What are some ways that you can go above and beyond in a dental office?

I want to be a dental Hygienist and want to know as much about it as possible....

#dental

Richel P.’s Avatar
Richel P. Aug 03, 2018

How long will it take to pay for student loans with the salary of a dental hygienist?

Long story short, I am currently pursuing dental hygiene in a very expensive private university because the state I live in does not offer many options for me to pursue this degree. One school has a lot of pre-requisites that I did not take when I first went to college and the other has a...

#dental #studentloans #dental-hygienist

Richel P.’s Avatar
Richel P. Aug 03, 2018

What can I do with a Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene?

I am entering an associate program for dental hygiene. I know that working in a clinic eventually takes a physical toll on the body so I don't plan to do it for my entire professional career. Does it make sense to pursue a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene after working as a hygienist for a...

#dental #career #dental-hygienist

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Apr 24, 2018

Is it true that a Dental Hygienist can open their own practice?

I am attending a hygiene program and I've read many article stating that hygienists can open their own practice in Colorado. I was just wondering if that was entirely true? I #business-management #dental-practice #dental-hygienist #teeth #business #dental #dentist #dentistry...

Robyn  J.’s Avatar
Robyn J. Aug 31, 2017

What strengths are required in order to major in dentistry?

What are some of the daily challenges you face? #dentistry #dental-hygienist #dental...

#college-major

De'Asia  S.’s Avatar
De'Asia S. Feb 13, 2017

As a dental hygienist, how do you deal with people of all different ages?

What are some of their duties? What are some attributes of a great dentist? #dentistry #dental-hygienist #dental...

#dentist

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 12, 2018

What education is needed to become a dentist?

Things you can consider for this specific question... What is the highest degree needed to become a dentist? Are there multiple paths to becoming a dentist? What is the best undergraduate degree to earn before dental school? Is there any other experience/certification required to become a...

#dental #dentistry #dds #college #pre-dental #dentist

carissa V.’s Avatar
carissa V. Jul 02, 2018

What is it like in dental school?

What is a day in dental school like? what are some challenges or activities a student will encounter? #dentist #dental-school #dental...

#dental-hygienist

carissa V.’s Avatar
carissa V. Jul 02, 2018

what are the benefits of becoming a dentist rather than a dental assistant?

I want to be a dentist but I know it will be challenging to reach that goal so I was wondering if the extra school was worth it. #dentist #dental-hygienist...

#dental

Trisha L.’s Avatar
Trisha L. Apr 21, 2018

Relocating Future Dental Hygienist... NC to MA or RI

I am currently in Dental Hygiene school in North Carolina. I am about to start my second year of the program, and will graduate in 2019. When I graduate, I plan to move to either Massachusetts or Rhode Island (somewhere close to the state lines). North Carolina is one of the stricter states,...

#relocation #dental-practice #rdh #dental #dentistry #dental-hygienist #dental-hygiene

Carmen B.’s Avatar
Carmen B. Jan 16, 2018

Dental School acceptance and preparedness

Besides a Pre-dental major, what is the best major of study to go on to dental school that helps with acceptance and being prepared? #dentistry #dental #pre-dental...

#dental-school

Averion G.’s Avatar
Averion G. Aug 31, 2017

What are the steps to getting me to becoming a dentist?

I am asking this question because I want to start to prepare for my future. Also, because I want to hear how others went to and through to make their career possible. #dentistry...

#dental

Christopher S.’s Avatar
Christopher S. Oct 31, 2016

I'm debating between Biomedical Engineering and Dentistry. Would most of my core classes for either contribute to my decision for a major?

I've done well in all of my STEM classes. I'm leaning towards Engineering, but haven't quite decided. I've started considering Pre Dentistry to see where my interests take me. #engineering #biomedical #dentistry...

#dental

Ingrid S.’s Avatar
Ingrid S. May 25, 2016

What courses do I require to take for dentistry?

I am asking this question because I am interested in that major. #dentistry #dentist...

#dental

Mustafa A.’s Avatar
Mustafa A. Sep 01, 2017

What are the best study tools for the DAT?

I am going to take my DAT in a few months and there are so many different study tools which claim to be the best. #dentistry #dat...

#dental

Imani Q.’s Avatar
Imani Q. Sep 01, 2017

What are the things I have to do in order to become an orthodontist?

I want to be an orthodontist but I not completely sure what I do after I graduate with a bachelors degree in biology #dental #orthodontist #orthodontics #orthod...

#academic-advising

Thanh V.’s Avatar
Thanh V. Sep 01, 2017

What are the best languages to learn for a dentist?

I am working towards becoming a dentist and wonder which languages would help expand my busines? #dental...

#dentistry

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. Jun 27, 2016

How would I engage someone to start networking?

I want to build relationships within my future career field so that I can aid my career progression and skill set. I know that it is important for specific situations or programs to have that one person within your close network but how would you go about engaging them in conversation. LinkedIn...

#personal-development #networking #dental #medical #college #professional #job-application