Career Questions tagged Florida

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 192 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#writing #writer #author #florida #polkcounty #journalism #creative-writing

Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Aug 16, 2018 192 views

Is it enough nowadays having a bachelors degree?

I’m considering getting a masters in the future because the way I see it the competition is getting way harder and a bachelors isn’t as impressive as it was before. So I’m thinking if it’s worth getting a masters. #bachelors...

#florida

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Apr 23, 2018 503 views

Is it worth it to participate in the Disney College Program?

I love Disney and I am interested in the Disney College Program but I am not sure if it will help me in the future. If anyone has ever been a part of or knows someone who has been a part of the Disney College Program I would love to just know information about it. #disneycollegeprogram #dcp...

#florida #disney #unsure

Carina P.’s Avatar
Carina P. Apr 18, 2018 347 views

What is the competition for Biomedical Engineering jobs in the state of Florida?

I want to go into biomedical engineering, but I’m not sure how easy it would be to find a job in Florida. #florida #engineering #bioengineering #job #biomedicalengineering...

#question

haylie H.’s Avatar
haylie H. Mar 19, 2018 272 views

What college in Florida is best for pursuing Interior Design?

I want to stay in Florida for my years of college before deciding whether I want to move away or not. I'm not sure if I want to go to a University or if a Community College would be better. Is there a specific college that I should go to that has the best Interior Design department?...

#florida #interior-design

Chantelle T.’s Avatar
Chantelle T. Jan 15, 2018 222 views

Which school is best for nursing in Florida?

There are many excellent schools in Florida for nursing and medicine. However, they all have some downsides. For example, UF is very expensive university but has an amazing medical program. I would like a better perspective and unbiased opinion. #medicine #florida...

#nursing

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Aug 12, 2016 1168 views

Cyber Cafe- How lucrative is starting an internet cafe?

I'm interested in starting an internet cafe and am curious to know how potentially lucrative this type of business could be. #new #florida #cafe...

#york

isaiah K.’s Avatar
isaiah K. May 27, 2016 430 views

My dad's a single, disabled veteran and we live on 836 a month. what would be the best way to apply for scholarships and grants?

I'm trying to get the money together so i can start college in FL, it's 54,000 for the whole course and im just trying to figure out the best way to approach this situation. I'm the oldest of my siblings and relatively new to this. I want to set the example and be able to help my younger...

#grants #veterans #florida #scholarships #single-parent #disability

Brynna S.’s Avatar
Brynna S. May 18, 2016 475 views

How difficult is it to transfer from a university in one state to a university in another?

After receiving my Bachelor's in Journalism in Florida, I want to start my career while working towards my Master's in New York and plan on transferring to Columbia. I am worried that if I'm not recruited, the transfer process will be very expensive and extensive. Even though it would kick...

#columbia-university #new-york #masters #florida #journalism #bachelors #debt #college-transfer

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016 573 views

Which college in Florida has the best Zoo/Vet program?

Thinking about where would be most fufillling to attend college. #veterinarian #veterinary #colleges #zookeeper...

#florida