Career Questions tagged Zookeeper

Miryam R.’s Avatar
Miryam R. May 26 252 views

For being a Zookeeper, which degree has the most hands-on (example: associate, bachelors...)?

I love learning by using my hands, it is a lot more fun and easier to learn. wildlife degrees...

zookeeper

Elyse J.’s Avatar
Elyse J. Jan 22 113 views

What is a good personality to be a Zookeeper? What attributes?

I love animals and I'm a relatively quick learner. I work well in groups and by myself. I have a fun, happy personality. Thank you for your time! caring personality attributes...

zookeeper

Elyse J.’s Avatar
Elyse J. Jan 21 134 views

What Highschool and College classes should I take to become a zookeeper?

I would like to be a zookeeper, but I don't know which classes to take during high school. Thank you for your time. zookeeper...

high-school-classes

sydnee S.’s Avatar
sydnee S. Oct 27, 2020 205 views

How much money can you make in one year as a zookeeper?

I'm in 8th grade. I'm doing an elective called career and technology. My teacher is having us ask questions about the careers we would like to do when we get older. money career-path career-options career-development career...

zookeeper

sydnee S.’s Avatar
sydnee S. Oct 27, 2020 177 views

What is the best way to get a job as a zookeeper?

I'm in 8th grade. I have a class called career and technology. My teacher is having the class ask questions about what they would like to do in the future. classes career-choice zookeeper...

job

Clorissa M.’s Avatar
Clorissa M. Mar 26, 2018 495 views

How hard is to have job and go to college?

Hi, I am starting to look at colleges since I am graduating high school next year. I am looking at becoming a zookeeper. Also, I am enrolled in college credit plus but have not decided what to take and I also plain on finishing all my normal college credits before studding for my degree. I...

college time-management career college-advice zookeeper

Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. Jan 22, 2018 1400 views

I want to pursue a career with animals. Help?

For all my life I wanted to work with animals. However I don't know exactly what to do in it. Sometimes I wanted to be a host on an animal show just like Steve Irwin or Coyote Peterson. Sometimes I want to be just a simple wildlife conservationist. Sometimes I just want to work at an animal...

zookeeper career-choice low-income career zoology wildlife animals scholarships job dogs university grant animal conservation college-major confused

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016 469 views

Is there a growing need for animal professionals?

Since more animals are becoming endangered would this mean that capturing them and keeping them in reserveres, sanctuarys and zoos is the future? animals zookeeper animal-conservation nature-conservation zoo college...

veterinary

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Sep 02, 2017 474 views

What is the best method for getting a job in a zoo or wildlife rehabilitation center?

I have always been interested in wildlife and plan on being open to either option once I receive a degree in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Sciences at Washington State University. So far this is just a plan but I will be applying for their spring semester which begins this January. I guess...

wildlife-conservation wildlife-biology zoology wildlife-rehabilitation zookeeper

Matthew  B.’s Avatar
Matthew B. Sep 01, 2017 427 views

What is the most direct route to become a Zoologist?

I want to become a Zoologist to be able to help and train animals. What would be the most direct way to get there?i know it takes 4 years and a at least a bachelors degree. I would like to start off working at the zoo for some experience with working with animals. What is the most direct route...

zoologist zookeeper animals animaltrainer

Madelyn A.’s Avatar
Madelyn A. May 25, 2016 453 views

How does majoring in zoology help me find a job where I can work with animals?

I want to find a job where I can work with animals but I have no idea what jobs are out there. career veterinarian animals zoology...

zookeeper

Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016 1173 views

In the exotic veterinarian feild, what would be the biggest advantages and disadvantages?

I am looking to pursue a carreer in zoology and working with exotic vets. And i just want to know the benefits and the challenges. chemistry veterinarian zoology wildlife-biology life-sciences zookeeper animal...

pets

Kaitlyn C.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn C. Oct 29, 2016 576 views

What careers can you get with a zoology major?

I am currently working towards a zoology degree and plan on working with a breed and release program with endangered animals. If this falls through (or at least if I'm not able to get a job in that kind of program right away), what are some other options? Obviously zookeeping and zoo work (or a...

zoology zookeeper

Maegyn G.’s Avatar
Maegyn G. Oct 19, 2016 534 views

Is it better to have a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or Pre-vet. if a studetn is interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine?

I am extremely interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine but I don't know exactly what field to chose so I don't know what to major in. Any help is appreciated! veterinary biochemistry zoology...

zookeeper

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016 700 views

Which college in Florida has the best Zoo/Vet program?

Thinking about where would be most fufillling to attend college. veterinarian veterinary colleges zookeeper...

florida

Trena N.’s Avatar
Trena N. May 16, 2016 496 views

Would it be better to switch from zoology to wildlife biology??

I do not know if i want to stay majoring in zoology or to switch to a more general major biology wildlife-biology...

zookeeper

Elizabeth B.’s Avatar
Elizabeth B. May 13, 2016 952 views

Is an online program such as the Zoo and Aquarium Science one from the Animal Behavior Institute an accredited program? And if so, can those courses that you take be transferred to a college for further education?

I am debating on whether I should just take the program and become a zoo keeper then later possibly going back to college to further my education in a zoology degree if I so choose. animals...

zookeeper

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. May 05, 2016 738 views

Is aquarium life good for animals?

I am going to college in the fall for Marine Biology. I have always loved aquariums, but have also wondered if they are truly a good environment for the animals. marine-biology...

zookeeper

Sean M.’s Avatar
Sean M. Apr 15, 2016 650 views

What does the day-to day life of a zookeeper look like?

I love animals and would enjoy taking care of them for a living. I was wondering if zookeepers mostly care for the animals, or if they work more on the business side of a zoo. If they do work with the animals, what sort of jobs do they have? animals...

zookeeper

Alexis J.’s Avatar
Alexis J. Oct 22, 2015 602 views

who maks more mony artest or a zoo keeper

hi i am Alexis , and i would like to know who makes more money artist...

zookeeper

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Oct 17, 2014 881 views

Thinking about Social Psychology

My dream is to work with and study the behavior of great apes such as; orangutans and gorillas. I will be mastering in primate behavior in 5-7 years. I am thinking about majoring in Social Psychology in the next 3 year. I am wondering if this is a smart destitution. career-paths professors...

zookeeper social-psychologist psychologist social-science-phd