Career Questions tagged Zookeeper

Clorissa M.’s Avatar
Clorissa M. Mar 26, 2018

How hard is to have job and go to college?

Hi, I am starting to look at colleges since I am graduating high school next year. I am looking at becoming a zookeeper. Also, I am enrolled in college credit plus but have not decided what to take and I also plain on finishing all my normal college credits before studding for my degree. I...

#zookeeper #time-management #college #college-advice #career

Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. Jan 22, 2018

I want to pursue a career with animals. Help?

For all my life I wanted to work with animals. However I don't know exactly what to do in it. Sometimes I wanted to be a host on an animal show just like Steve Irwin or Coyote Peterson. Sometimes I want to be just a simple wildlife conservationist. Sometimes I just want to work at an animal...

#low-income #zoology #university #grant #zookeeper #scholarships #job #college-major #career #conservation #career-choice #wildlife #dogs #animal #confused #animals

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016

Is there a growing need for animal professionals?

Since more animals are becoming endangered would this mean that capturing them and keeping them in reserveres, sanctuarys and zoos is the future? #animals #zookeeper #animal-conservation #nature-conservation #zoo #college...

#veterinary

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Sep 02, 2017

What is the best method for getting a job in a zoo or wildlife rehabilitation center?

I have always been interested in wildlife and plan on being open to either option once I receive a degree in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Sciences at Washington State University. So far this is just a plan but I will be applying for their spring semester which begins this January. I guess...

#wildlife-conservation #zookeeper #wildlife-biology #zoology #wildlife-rehabilitation

Matthew  B.’s Avatar
Matthew B. Sep 01, 2017

What is the most direct route to become a Zoologist?

I want to become a Zoologist to be able to help and train animals. What would be the most direct way to get there?i know it takes 4 years and a at least a bachelors degree. I would like to start off working at the zoo for some experience with working with animals. What is the most direct route...

#zoologist #zookeeper #animaltrainer #animals

Madelyn A.’s Avatar
Madelyn A. May 25, 2016

How does majoring in zoology help me find a job where I can work with animals?

I want to find a job where I can work with animals but I have no idea what jobs are out there. #career #veterinarian #animals #zoology...

#zookeeper

Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016

In the exotic veterinarian feild, what would be the biggest advantages and disadvantages?

I am looking to pursue a carreer in zoology and working with exotic vets. And i just want to know the benefits and the challenges. #chemistry #veterinarian #zoology #wildlife-biology #life-sciences #zookeeper #animal...

#pets

Kaitlyn C.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn C. Oct 29, 2016

What careers can you get with a zoology major?

I am currently working towards a zoology degree and plan on working with a breed and release program with endangered animals. If this falls through (or at least if I'm not able to get a job in that kind of program right away), what are some other options? Obviously zookeeping and zoo work (or a...

#zoology #zookeeper

Maegyn G.’s Avatar
Maegyn G. Oct 19, 2016

Is it better to have a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or Pre-vet. if a studetn is interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine?

I am extremely interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine but I don't know exactly what field to chose so I don't know what to major in. Any help is appreciated! #veterinary #biochemistry #zoology...

#zookeeper

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016

Which college in Florida has the best Zoo/Vet program?

Thinking about where would be most fufillling to attend college. #veterinarian #veterinary #colleges #zookeeper...

#florida

Trena N.’s Avatar
Trena N. May 16, 2016

Would it be better to switch from zoology to wildlife biology??

I do not know if i want to stay majoring in zoology or to switch to a more general major #biology #wildlife-biology...

#zookeeper

Elizabeth B.’s Avatar
Elizabeth B. May 13, 2016

Is an online program such as the Zoo and Aquarium Science one from the Animal Behavior Institute an accredited program? And if so, can those courses that you take be transferred to a college for further education?

I am debating on whether I should just take the program and become a zoo keeper then later possibly going back to college to further my education in a zoology degree if I so choose. #animals...

#zookeeper

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. May 05, 2016

Is aquarium life good for animals?

I am going to college in the fall for Marine Biology. I have always loved aquariums, but have also wondered if they are truly a good environment for the animals. #marine-biology...

#zookeeper

Sean M.’s Avatar
Sean M. Apr 15, 2016

What does the day-to day life of a zookeeper look like?

I love animals and would enjoy taking care of them for a living. I was wondering if zookeepers mostly care for the animals, or if they work more on the business side of a zoo. If they do work with the animals, what sort of jobs do they have? #animals...

#zookeeper

Alexis J.’s Avatar
Alexis J. Oct 22, 2015

who maks more mony artest or a zoo keeper

hi i am Alexis , and i would like to know who makes more money #artist...

#zookeeper

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Oct 17, 2014

Thinking about Social Psychology

My dream is to work with and study the behavior of great apes such as; orangutans and gorillas. I will be mastering in primate behavior in 5-7 years. I am thinking about majoring in Social Psychology in the next 3 year. I am wondering if this is a smart destitution. #career-paths #professors...

#social-psychologist #psychologist #zookeeper #social-science-phd