Career Questions tagged Biochemistry

Nina F.’s Avatar
Nina F. Jun 30 37 views

What are some career choices for the biochemistry field?

Im not very social so id like an environment with few people, unlike a hospital. #biochemistry...

#medicine

Manda B.’s Avatar
Manda B. Jun 20 78 views

What does a Marine Biologistgist Do?

I would like to become a Marine Biologist but I don't really know what they do. #biology #biochemistry...

#marine-biology

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 197 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#college #premed #biochemistry #mcat #july20 #psychology #medical #study #physician

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 204 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 218 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Jun 01, 2020 330 views

What volunteer opportunities would match well with STEM related majors?

I am a 10th grader and I have my eyes set on being a biochemistry major. I want to know what places or organizations I can help out! #biochemistry #college-major #biology...

#volunteer

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 435 views

Do biochemists usually work for larger companies or independent businesses?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry and I want to know about what I'll experience after college. #biochemistry #biology...

#chemistry

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 242 views

Does majoring in science increase your chances of getting into medical school later on?

I'll be majoring in Biochemistry as a freshman at Northeastern University next year. I truly love the sciences, and I want to know how to become a better candidate for med school. #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #biochemistry #biochem #doctor #healthcare -school...

#science

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 391 views

What degree is more helpful between biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#genetics #biology #biochemistry #microbiology #science #molecular-biology #diseases #medicine

Caitlyn C.’s Avatar
Caitlyn C. Apr 18, 2018 326 views

What is the best way to study for Biochemistry?

I am a plant and soil major having to take biochem. The past 2 years I have been at a juco and now am transferring to a university. Any study techniques, material or ways to prepare for it are helpful! #science #agriculture #biochemistry #biology...

#chemistry

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 555 views

What made you realize you wanted to pursue graduate school instead of medical school?

As a college student, I am very confused whether I want to go to graduate school and perform research to get a Ph.D in biochemistry or to go to medical school like most kids would. I am curious as to why or how others chose which path to choose as to help me as well. #graduate-school...

#college #biochemistry #confused #career-path #career #medical-school #medicine

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 449 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#medicalschool #graduateschool #research #biochemistry

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 302 views

Is there a large market for biochemists?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry and I want to know about what I'll experience after college. #biochemistry...

#science

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 277 views

What different career options are there for biochemistry?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry, then possibly going into pharmaceutical research, but I want to know what other options there are for biochemistry. #biochemistry...

#science

Ang M.’s Avatar
Ang M. Jan 17, 2018 430 views

What are some important aspects that a future biochemical engineer should possess?

I am considering to enter biochemical engineering and I would like to know what subjects I should pay more attention to and how I could be better prepared for this career path. #engineering #biochemistry #college-major...

#biomedical-engineering

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 434 views

What of my interests would be worth making minors/majors on my planned degree in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a degree in environmental engineering, but I also love biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and non-science-related Spanish. Would it be too difficult, expensive, or otherwise to add any of those as a second major and/or have the remaining be minors? Especially in the case of...

#college-majors #minors #biochemistry #majors-and-minors #biology #degrees #major #career-path #college-major #chemistry #career-path-planning #degree

Briana R.’s Avatar
Briana R. Jan 19, 2018 315 views

Is it better to go for "the dream" or be realistic with a career?

I ask because I dream of starting my own make-up company (my major is biochemistry and minor is business), but I realize that it would probably be safer to study for medical/pharmacy school or even go into research. In today's economy, I don't know if it's worth the risk. #biochemistry...

#dreamjob #myfuture