Career Questions tagged Biochemistry

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 57 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#mcat #biochemistry #premed #july20 #college #study #physician #psychology #medical

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 72 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 80 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Jun 01 121 views

What volunteer opportunities would match well with STEM related majors?

I am a 10th grader and I have my eyes set on being a biochemistry major. I want to know what places or organizations I can help out! #biochemistry #college-major #biology...

#volunteer

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 293 views

Do biochemists usually work for larger companies or independent businesses?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry and I want to know about what I'll experience after college. #biochemistry #biology...

#chemistry

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 150 views

Does majoring in science increase your chances of getting into medical school later on?

I'll be majoring in Biochemistry as a freshman at Northeastern University next year. I truly love the sciences, and I want to know how to become a better candidate for med school. #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #biochemistry #biochem #doctor #healthcare -school...

#science

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 275 views

What degree is more helpful between biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#science #biology #biochemistry #diseases #molecular-biology #medicine #microbiology #genetics

Caitlyn C.’s Avatar
Caitlyn C. Apr 18, 2018 243 views

What is the best way to study for Biochemistry?

I am a plant and soil major having to take biochem. The past 2 years I have been at a juco and now am transferring to a university. Any study techniques, material or ways to prepare for it are helpful! #science #agriculture #biochemistry #biology...

#chemistry

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 430 views

What made you realize you wanted to pursue graduate school instead of medical school?

As a college student, I am very confused whether I want to go to graduate school and perform research to get a Ph.D in biochemistry or to go to medical school like most kids would. I am curious as to why or how others chose which path to choose as to help me as well. #graduate-school...

#biochemistry #medicine #career #confused #career-path #medical-school #college

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 339 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#graduateschool #biochemistry #research #medicalschool

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 230 views

Is there a large market for biochemists?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry and I want to know about what I'll experience after college. #biochemistry...

#science

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 215 views

What different career options are there for biochemistry?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry, then possibly going into pharmaceutical research, but I want to know what other options there are for biochemistry. #biochemistry...

#science

Ang M.’s Avatar
Ang M. Jan 17, 2018 332 views

What are some important aspects that a future biochemical engineer should possess?

I am considering to enter biochemical engineering and I would like to know what subjects I should pay more attention to and how I could be better prepared for this career path. #engineering #biochemistry #college-major...

#biomedical-engineering

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 320 views

What of my interests would be worth making minors/majors on my planned degree in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a degree in environmental engineering, but I also love biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and non-science-related Spanish. Would it be too difficult, expensive, or otherwise to add any of those as a second major and/or have the remaining be minors? Especially in the case of...

#major #biology #majors-and-minors #chemistry #biochemistry #college-majors #career-path-planning #degrees #career-path #college-major #degree #minors

Briana R.’s Avatar
Briana R. Jan 19, 2018 256 views

Is it better to go for "the dream" or be realistic with a career?

I ask because I dream of starting my own make-up company (my major is biochemistry and minor is business), but I realize that it would probably be safer to study for medical/pharmacy school or even go into research. In today's economy, I don't know if it's worth the risk. #biochemistry...

#dreamjob #myfuture

Cassidy W.’s Avatar
Cassidy W. Jan 13, 2018 308 views

Should I major in Biochem with Biology or just Molecular biology?

I want to be a genetic counselor. Biochemistry with Biology is definitely the harder of the two majors, and I am concerned about pushing myself too much. But, it has more of the classes I'm interested in. However, I am more interested in the biology side and I don't want to take six hard...

#college-advice #biology #biochemistry #college-major #molecular-biology #college

Emily L.’s Avatar
Emily L. Jan 10, 2018 228 views

What are the best places for a biochemistry/biotechnology internship?

I am a 9th grader that has been interested in this field for a very long time. I know that work experience is quite valued, but don't know where the best internships lie. At least, the best ones in my area. To give a bit more detail about what I'm interested in, I'd like to do something with...

#biotechnology #biochemistry #internships

maurice W.’s Avatar
maurice W. Oct 22, 2016 559 views

What faculties or companies will allow for independent genetic research with funding for large scale projects?

Hello, my name is Maurice and I seeking answer for my questions about life. I plan to go to college to major in chemical engineering / biological science(biochemistry)to better understand mutation and adaption of specific species. My hope is do experiments to better benefit society. #biology...

#medical-research #biochemistry #molecular-biology #clinical-research #research #research-and-development

Dave B.’s Avatar
Dave B. May 31, 2017 2186 views

Medical biochemistry vs clinical pathology

Hi. Recently I was searching information about medical residencies and I found out that laboratory medicine has some kind of two "similar" specialties. So, my question is: what are the main differences between a physician with a specialty in medical biochemistry and another one with clinical...

#biochemistry #physician #medicine #healthcare #pathologist

Carl Frederick S.’s Avatar
Carl Frederick S. Sep 29, 2017 370 views

What major do medical school admission officers tend to be more interested in?

I am an aspiring orthopedic surgeon and choosing my major has always been an issue for me. At first, I planned to major in biology, but considering that it is a more broad aspect of science, I had doubts. Now, I am thinking of majoring in biochemistry because it focuses more on the molecular...

#biology #biochemistry #chemistry #surgeon #medicine #college-major

Abigail W.’s Avatar
Abigail W. May 30, 2017 489 views

What are some relevant careers involving biology or chemistry and what should I major in to enter those careers?

I know I'm interested in a career in biology or chemistry or both, but I don't know what major I should choose to have flexibility in choosing careers in both fields. I want to enter a high-paying career that will not expire in the near future. Or maybe my uncertainty as a junior in high...

#biology #biochemistry #chemistry #career-details #chemical-engineering #biotechnology #biomedical-engineering

james P.’s Avatar
james P. May 22, 2016 526 views

How long does it take to become a disease researcher?

I really love the idea of becoming one, and I would love some info, personally from someone who may have experienced the time it took or someone who is knowledgeable. #biology #biochemistry #pharmaceuticals #medical-research #molecular-biology #drug-development...

#drug-discovery