Career Questions tagged Medical Research

Dy'isha’s Avatar
Dy'isha Sep 13 140 views

Get a PhD?

What does it take to get a PhD

Miracle’s Avatar
Miracle Jul 29 235 views

Q1: I know I want to be a scientist or researcher, but I just want to help people and find cures for diseases or help people in general, by figuring out to make them walk again or anything like that, but what career would that be?

Hi, my name is Miracle and I’m about to start college in the fall, but I’m not sure what to major in and I was hoping that having a scientist answer my questions then that might give me some insight on what to major in. I know these aren’t ideal questions, but I’ve always loved science and...

Anthony’s Avatar
Anthony Jan 15, 2021 894 views

Getting into Biotech without Biotech related degree

I am a Psychology major graduating in Spring of 2022 and heavily considering getting my MBA after graduation. I discovered recently that I would like to work in business for a medical research/ biotech company in hopes of starting my own one day. But I am not sure if getting in this industry is...

Jocelyn’s Avatar
Jocelyn Aug 31, 2018 386 views

If I don’t do research in college, will it affect my chances of getting into medical school?

I’ve heard that research opportunities present themselves to students in college. However, what if I never get the opportunity to be chosen to participate in a conducted research investigation? Will it lower my chances of getting in to a medical school? #research #medical-research

Aishwarya’s Avatar
Aishwarya May 23, 2018 436 views

What are some examples of cellular engineering in research?

#medical-research #clinical-research #clinical-psychology #engineering #cellular-engineering #research #biology

Kania’s Avatar
Kania Mar 21, 2018 651 views

My biggest strength is patience, how can this be more effective in the medical field ?

#medical-research #medical-practice #career #medicine

Rebecca’s Avatar
Rebecca Mar 14, 2018 369 views

Is the CDC a good place to intern?

I am about to start college and the university I will attend has a program that allows you to intern with the CDC in Atlanta. Have any of you interned with the CDC and if so, how was your experience there? #Medicine #CDC #medical-research

Kendall’s Avatar
Kendall Jan 21, 2018 606 views

What’s the most difficult part of graduate school, and of becoming a pharmacist?

I am currently a senior in high school. I plan to earn my bachelor’s degree in Biology. At this time, I am interested in pharmacy as a potential career. I feel it would be a good fit for me. If I were to continue on the pharmacy path, I may begin my career in R&D and then work my way to...

Daysha’s Avatar
Daysha Sep 01, 2017 426 views

What field of study can I choose in college to learn about opioid addiction treatment and cures?

I lost my brother to opioid addiction last year and would like to be involved in groundbreaking research to find a cure for this disease. #medical-research #healthcare #medicine #research

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Apr 11, 2017 1048 views

If I get a Bachelor's in biology, can I get a Master's and PhD in biomedical science?

I'm a high school student who wants to be a biomedical researcher, but most of the colleges that I'm looking at only offer biology and not biomedical science as a major. I'm wondering if I can jump to biomedical science in grad school, even though I didn't major in it in undergrad. #biology...

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Mar 19, 2017 2758 views

What is the difference between biomedical engineering, medical research, and the pharmaceutical industry?

I'm interested in pursuing a career path in one of the above fields, so I would like some clarification as to what these specific careers entail. #biomedical-engineering #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #medical-research #biomedical-science

Ya$h’s Avatar
Ya$h Mar 08, 2017 1080 views

What is the average salary of a Paleontologist???

I am also interested towards paleontology so , it is better to know their salary #biology #japan #medical-research #evolutionary-biology #paleontologist #financial-planning

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 26, 2017 809 views

Is it possible to get a job in the research industry, not academia, with a PhD in biomedical science?

I'm interested in pursuing a job as a researcher and was wondering about whether it would be possible for me to work in research in the industry. #research #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science #science-phd

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 26, 2017 728 views

Can I still do biomedical research with a degree in biochemistry?

I'm interested in becoming a biomedical scientist. Would I need to get a Bachelor's Degree in biomedical science only, or would biochemistry allow me to work in that industry as well? #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #medical-research #biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 26, 2017 663 views

How do students pursuing a PhD working in research earn money?

I'm interested in getting a PhD in biomedical science, but I'm not sure how to earn money working as a researcher while still having to pay for school. #research #biomedical #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science #science-phd

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 19, 2017 959 views

Is a PhD required to get a good job in the biomedical field?

This is a bit of a general question, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, research, or science. I've heard that there is much competition and that a lot of experience is required to get a job in this field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 19, 2017 904 views

What are the steps required to become a biomedical scientist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am not fully sure of the prerequisites needed to pursue a career in biomedical science. For example, what would I need to major in in college? Should I get a PhD or Master's? #science #college-major #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research...

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 19, 2017 769 views

Is it possible to do research as an undergrad with a major in biomedical engineering?

I'm still in high school, but I'm planning to pursue a career in the field of biomedical research. I was told that I would need to major in biomedical engineering to do so, but that I wouldn't be allowed to do any research. Is this true? And if so, what would be some majors in which I can do...

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Feb 19, 2017 663 views

How did you about becoming a biomedical researcher?

I'm a sophomore in high school who is interested in pursuing the field of biomedical research in the future, and I don't know all of the steps required to become a researcher. I'm planning to take AP Chemistry and Biology, as well as AP Stats and BC Calculus in the 11th and 12th grades. What...

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Jan 29, 2017 734 views

What are the academic steps required to become a biomedical researcher?

I'm not sure of the specific field I would need to major in to pursue that career field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #medical-research #biomedical-science

Maja ’s Avatar
Maja Jan 26, 2017 5699 views

What else can international physician work in USA without USMLE?

I have international medical degree and 7years experience but want to work ASAP #nurse #physician #nurse-practitioner #medical-research #physicians-assistant #clinical-research #medical-assisting

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Jan 22, 2017 686 views

Is a Master's Degree required to get a good job in the biomedical research field?

My dream is to work in a laboratory doing biomedical research. I've heard there's lots of competition for this field and most companies only accept employees with a Master's Degree to do lab work. #science #research #biomedical-engineering #masters #medical-research #biomedical-science

Katia’s Avatar
Katia Jan 15, 2017 736 views

Is it required to get a degree in biomedical engineering from to become a biomedical researcher? Or is biomedical science enough?

I'm interest in becoming a biomedical researcher and work in a lab. I'm trying to figure out what my major should be so I can plan my high school classes. #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research #biomedical-science #researcher

Megan’s Avatar
Megan Oct 30, 2016 746 views

Which do you find better when it comes to the pharmacy world, working in a research lab or a pharmacy in a drug store/hospital?

I have been accepted into a pre-pharmacy program and I am hoping to finish school with a Pharm-D. I feel that a research lab will be better for me because I want to help in finding things like the cure to cancer or the cure to Alzheimer's and I believe that the cure is in medicine. I want to...

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Oct 27, 2016 706 views

How many years does it take to become a fully accredited practicing doctor?

This includes all of medical school, residency, and possibly fellowships. #medicine #medical-school #medical-research

maurice’s Avatar
maurice Oct 22, 2016 797 views

What faculties or companies will allow for independent genetic research with funding for large scale projects?

Hello, my name is Maurice and I seeking answer for my questions about life. I plan to go to college to major in chemical engineering / biological science(biochemistry)to better understand mutation and adaption of specific species. My hope is do experiments to better benefit society. #biology...

Kiera’s Avatar
Kiera Oct 22, 2016 1099 views

Would it be useful to obtain an M.D. / Ph. D. degree as opposed to one or the other?

I would like to become some type of doctor (anesthesiologist, oncologist, pediatric neurologist) in the future. In addition to this, I also want to do research. I wish to get my M.D. And Ph. D. #college #medicine #graduate-school #research #doctorate-degree #medical-education #medical-research...

Chandler’s Avatar
Chandler Oct 19, 2016 685 views

Is it advantages to pursue an MD/PHD after reciving my BS degree in Biomedical Engineering?

I am planning in pursuing an MD.PHD after undergraduate studies. I would like to pursue research but would like to have the option to contribute as a practitioner. #biomedical-engineering #doctorate-degree #medical-research #pharmaceutical-industry

james’s Avatar
james May 22, 2016 778 views

How long does it take to become a disease researcher?

I really love the idea of becoming one, and I would love some info, personally from someone who may have experienced the time it took or someone who is knowledgeable. #biology #biochemistry #pharmaceuticals #medical-research #molecular-biology #drug-development #drug-discovery

Kaitlin’s Avatar
Kaitlin May 17, 2016 675 views

What kind of degree should I get as a biotechnology major?

Masters vs PhD? #biotechnology #medical-research