Career Questions tagged Medical Research

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jan 15 363 views

Getting into Biotech without Biotech related degree

I am a Psychology major graduating in Spring of 2022 and heavily considering getting my MBA after graduation. I discovered recently that I would like to work in business for a medical research/ biotech company in hopes of starting my own one day. But I am not sure if getting in this industry is...

college medicine research business biotech medical mba nanotechnology career-choice molecular-biology masters career medical-research

Jocelyn R.’s Avatar
Jocelyn R. Aug 31, 2018 295 views

If I don’t do research in college, will it affect my chances of getting into medical school?

I’ve heard that research opportunities present themselves to students in college. However, what if I never get the opportunity to be chosen to participate in a conducted research investigation? Will it lower my chances of getting in to a medical school? research...

medical-research

Rebecca C.’s Avatar
Rebecca C. Mar 14, 2018 273 views

Is the CDC a good place to intern?

I am about to start college and the university I will attend has a program that allows you to intern with the CDC in Atlanta. Have any of you interned with the CDC and if so, how was your experience there? Medicine CDC...

medical-research

Kendall B.’s Avatar
Kendall B. Jan 21, 2018 481 views

What’s the most difficult part of graduate school, and of becoming a pharmacist?

I am currently a senior in high school. I plan to earn my bachelor’s degree in Biology. At this time, I am interested in pharmacy as a potential career. I feel it would be a good fit for me. If I were to continue on the pharmacy path, I may begin my career in R&D and then work my way to...

pharmacy college pharmacist graduate-school administration medical-research biology

maurice W.’s Avatar
maurice W. Oct 22, 2016 708 views

What faculties or companies will allow for independent genetic research with funding for large scale projects?

Hello, my name is Maurice and I seeking answer for my questions about life. I plan to go to college to major in chemical engineering / biological science(biochemistry)to better understand mutation and adaption of specific species. My hope is do experiments to better benefit society. biology...

biochemistry research research-and-development clinical-research molecular-biology medical-research

Daysha F.’s Avatar
Daysha F. Sep 01, 2017 339 views

What field of study can I choose in college to learn about opioid addiction treatment and cures?

I lost my brother to opioid addiction last year and would like to be involved in groundbreaking research to find a cure for this disease. medical-research healthcare medicine...

research

Ya$h A.’s Avatar
Ya$h A. Mar 08, 2017 951 views

What is the average salary of a Paleontologist???

I am also interested towards paleontology so , it is better to know their salary biology japan medical-research evolutionary-biology paleontologist...

financial-planning

james P.’s Avatar
james P. May 22, 2016 676 views

How long does it take to become a disease researcher?

I really love the idea of becoming one, and I would love some info, personally from someone who may have experienced the time it took or someone who is knowledgeable. biology biochemistry pharmaceuticals medical-research molecular-biology drug-development...

drug-discovery

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 11, 2017 916 views

If I get a Bachelor's in biology, can I get a Master's and PhD in biomedical science?

I'm a high school student who wants to be a biomedical researcher, but most of the colleges that I'm looking at only offer biology and not biomedical science as a major. I'm wondering if I can jump to biomedical science in grad school, even though I didn't major in it in undergrad. biology...

biomedical-science science-phd biomedical research medical-research

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 2001 views

What is the difference between biomedical engineering, medical research, and the pharmaceutical industry?

I'm interested in pursuing a career path in one of the above fields, so I would like some clarification as to what these specific careers entail. biomedical-engineering pharmacy pharmaceuticals medical-research...

biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 709 views

Is it possible to get a job in the research industry, not academia, with a PhD in biomedical science?

I'm interested in pursuing a job as a researcher and was wondering about whether it would be possible for me to work in research in the industry. research phd medical-research biomedical-science...

science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 574 views

Can I still do biomedical research with a degree in biochemistry?

I'm interested in becoming a biomedical scientist. Would I need to get a Bachelor's Degree in biomedical science only, or would biochemistry allow me to work in that industry as well? research biomedical-engineering biomedical medical-research biomedical-engineer...

biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 568 views

How do students pursuing a PhD working in research earn money?

I'm interested in getting a PhD in biomedical science, but I'm not sure how to earn money working as a researcher while still having to pay for school. research biomedical phd medical-research biomedical-science...

science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 812 views

Is a PhD required to get a good job in the biomedical field?

This is a bit of a general question, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, research, or science. I've heard that there is much competition and that a lot of experience is required to get a job in this field. research biomedical-engineering biomedical...

biomedical-science science-phd medical-research biomedical-engineer

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 690 views

What are the steps required to become a biomedical scientist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am not fully sure of the prerequisites needed to pursue a career in biomedical science. For example, what would I need to major in in college? Should I get a PhD or Master's? science college-major biology research biomedical-engineering medical-research...

biomedical-science biomedical-engineer

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 689 views

Is it possible to do research as an undergrad with a major in biomedical engineering?

I'm still in high school, but I'm planning to pursue a career in the field of biomedical research. I was told that I would need to major in biomedical engineering to do so, but that I wouldn't be allowed to do any research. Is this true? And if so, what would be some majors in which I can do...

college biomedical-engineering research science biology undergraduate college-major medical-research

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 569 views

How did you about becoming a biomedical researcher?

I'm a sophomore in high school who is interested in pursuing the field of biomedical research in the future, and I don't know all of the steps required to become a researcher. I'm planning to take AP Chemistry and Biology, as well as AP Stats and BC Calculus in the 11th and 12th grades. What...

biomedical-science college medical-research college-major research biology science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 617 views

What are the academic steps required to become a biomedical researcher?

I'm not sure of the specific field I would need to major in to pursue that career field. research biomedical-engineering biomedical medical-research...

biomedical-science

Maja  G.’s Avatar
Maja G. Jan 26, 2017 5156 views
Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 22, 2017 621 views

Is a Master's Degree required to get a good job in the biomedical research field?

My dream is to work in a laboratory doing biomedical research. I've heard there's lots of competition for this field and most companies only accept employees with a Master's Degree to do lab work. science research biomedical-engineering masters medical-research...

biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 15, 2017 660 views

Is it required to get a degree in biomedical engineering from to become a biomedical researcher? Or is biomedical science enough?

I'm interest in becoming a biomedical researcher and work in a lab. I'm trying to figure out what my major should be so I can plan my high school classes. biology research biomedical-engineering medical-research biomedical-science...

researcher

Megan G.’s Avatar
Megan G. Oct 30, 2016 619 views

Which do you find better when it comes to the pharmacy world, working in a research lab or a pharmacy in a drug store/hospital?

I have been accepted into a pre-pharmacy program and I am hoping to finish school with a Pharm-D. I feel that a research lab will be better for me because I want to help in finding things like the cure to cancer or the cure to Alzheimer's and I believe that the cure is in medicine. I want to...

pharmacist medicine pharmacists research pharmacy laboratory medical-research pharmd

Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. Oct 27, 2016 627 views

How many years does it take to become a fully accredited practicing doctor?

This includes all of medical school, residency, and possibly fellowships. medicine medical-school...

medical-research

Kiera R.’s Avatar
Kiera R. Oct 22, 2016 979 views

Would it be useful to obtain an M.D. / Ph. D. degree as opposed to one or the other?

I would like to become some type of doctor (anesthesiologist, oncologist, pediatric neurologist) in the future. In addition to this, I also want to do research. I wish to get my M.D. And Ph. D. college medicine graduate-school research doctorate-degree medical-education medical-research...

molecular-biology

Chandler C.’s Avatar
Chandler C. Oct 19, 2016 598 views

Is it advantages to pursue an MD/PHD after reciving my BS degree in Biomedical Engineering?

I am planning in pursuing an MD.PHD after undergraduate studies. I would like to pursue research but would like to have the option to contribute as a practitioner. biomedical-engineering doctorate-degree medical-research...

pharmaceutical-industry