Career Questions tagged Science Phd

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#science #doctorate-degree #phd #science-phd #doctorate #physics

Brianna B.’s Avatar
Brianna B. Mar 27, 2018

Does it help when looking for jobs to have a Ph.D. in marine biology?

I have wanted to get my degree as a marine biologist through Coastal Carolina University ever since I was in middle school, which was when I first started learning about marine life. I've known that marine science is the only Ph.D. program available at Coastal Carolina, but I am unaware of how...

#doctorate-degree #marine-biology #science-phd #career #biology

Madeleine W.’s Avatar
Madeleine W. Mar 18, 2018

What is the gender gap like in upper level sciences, first hand?

I am a female, high school senior considering a career path in upper level mathematics, academia and research. I am very concerned with underrepresentation of women and I would like to know of any first hand experiences. Researching online I find a lot of statistics, but I would like more. Has...

#stem #phdbound #women-in-stem #science-phd #stemcareers #professor #science #research #mathematics #phd #academia #computer-science-phd #graduate-school

Brian G.’s Avatar
Brian G. Jan 17, 2018

How could you get a Phd in college?

I'm interested in getting a Phd for chemistry or chemical engineering, and i was wondering how do you start to work on getting a Phd, and what college year? can you start on your freshman year or only after getting a master degree's #science-phd #chemistry...

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 10, 2018

If I wanted to get a job in automotive research in development, is it worth it to major in both electrical and mechanical engineering?

I am thinking about getting at least a masters in both electrical and mechanical engineering but I am wondering if it is even worth it or if I should just get a masters/PhD in mechanical engineering. #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #automotive-engineering...

#science-phd #research-and-development #masters-degree

Hai H.’s Avatar
Hai H. Apr 21, 2017

what's the best qualities for finding a top job?

what's the best qualities for students who will finally face the carrier life? Especially for the Science and Technology PhD student, who has learning in a very deep area of one subject. Most of them have to change the direction while finding a job #science #technology #phd...

#science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 11, 2017

If I get a Bachelor's in biology, can I get a Master's and PhD in biomedical science?

I'm a high school student who wants to be a biomedical researcher, but most of the colleges that I'm looking at only offer biology and not biomedical science as a major. I'm wondering if I can jump to biomedical science in grad school, even though I didn't major in it in undergrad. #biology...

#science-phd #biomedical #research #biomedical-science #medical-research

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 06, 2017

How crucial is the choice of the thesis vs. non-thesis option in the Master's degree?

I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering who opted for the non-thesis option in order to avoid the uncertainty of the time of graduation that is associated with the thesis option. However, I am also planning to pursue a PhD in the future and I have heard how not choosing the thesis...

#electrical-engineering #computer-engineering #science-phd #software-engineering #engineer #phd #engineering #mechanical-engineering

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017

Is it possible to get a job in the research industry, not academia, with a PhD in biomedical science?

I'm interested in pursuing a job as a researcher and was wondering about whether it would be possible for me to work in research in the industry. #research #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017

How do students pursuing a PhD working in research earn money?

I'm interested in getting a PhD in biomedical science, but I'm not sure how to earn money working as a researcher while still having to pay for school. #research #biomedical #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017

Is a PhD required to get a good job in the biomedical field?

This is a bit of a general question, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, research, or science. I've heard that there is much competition and that a lot of experience is required to get a job in this field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#science-phd #biomedical-science #biomedical-engineer #medical-research

Talha N.’s Avatar
Talha N. Jan 06, 2017

What importance does a PhD hold?

Why are PhD field members get higher pay? Why is it such a respectable stand? Should I aim for a PhD in biomedical engineering? #biology #biomedical-engineering...

#science-phd

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016

I was planning on majoring in Astrophysics in college with a PhD, but the college I was planning on attending does not offer astrophysics as a major. However, they offer physics as a major and have astrophysics as a minor. Is it the same?

I am asking this question because it will ultimately determine my future. I was planning on majoring in astrophysics because I find the subject matter simply fascinating. The reason why I have my heart set on this particular college is because I was planning on obtaining a double major, a...

#astrophysics #double-major #science-phd #physics

Cannon S.’s Avatar
Cannon S. Oct 30, 2016

What career options are there for Biochem majors who want to research medicine with a focus on the chemistry of it?

Biochem seems to be the gateway to everything medicine and because of that it is all rather confusing. I have always been interested in the chemistry of medicine and how products interact with the body but it seems that everyone I know is majoring in it for pre-med. I just want to know if I'm...

#science-phd #bachelors-degree #masters-degree

Darellynn O.’s Avatar
Darellynn O. Oct 19, 2016

Research Degree

Do all research degrees (MPhil/PhD or combined tracks) require the GRE In the USA? Assuming that I do not take the GRE can I get admitted into the programmes? I am currently in a difficult financial situation, I am already considering not enrolling in universities that require me to re-do my...

#medicine #science-phd #university #biotechnology #biology #career-counseling #career #graduate-school

Salvador A.’s Avatar
Salvador A. Oct 18, 2016

What types of extracurricular activities during undergrad (pre-med), would make one stand out for medical school?

I wish to know what types of activities I would be expecting to do during my undergrad on top of my classes in the oncoming years. #doctorate-degree...

#science-phd

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jul 19, 2016

Which came first, the PhD or the PhD advisor?

This has been bugging me. #college-major #professor #phd...

#science-phd

harshdeep  T.’s Avatar
harshdeep T. Jun 15, 2016

what after M.sc. in Mathematics ?

HI i am doing msc in mathematics from a named university. i want to know that what are the options or what are the opportunities after Msc other than Ph.d ? #travel #phd...

#science-phd

Chase B.’s Avatar
Chase B. May 20, 2016

What would be the best space career field to go into?

It's always been an interest to me. I've always wanted to do something with space. #college #science #math #physician #physics #colleges #scientist...

#science-phd

Chase B.’s Avatar
Chase B. May 20, 2016

What would be the best space study program in college?

To go to a college that matches my interest. #science #physician #physics #scientist #astronomy #astrophysics...

#science-phd

Edgar A.’s Avatar
Edgar A. May 04, 2016

what does it take to be a scientist ?

I am really interested in finding cures for certain diseases in the future. #college-major #pre-med #scientist #doctorate-degree #science-phd #life-sciences...

#life-skills

Shankar I.’s Avatar
Shankar I. May 04, 2016

If I study pure science in my graduate and under-graduate course, what are my career options?

In India currently research has taken a back seat. I am interested in pure science. I am good in Physics, chemistry and Mathematics. #research #scientist #science-phd #life-sciences...

#data-science

lingeshwar G.’s Avatar
lingeshwar G. Apr 21, 2016

what is the speed of light through in air?

i don't know the answer of the question. please tell me answer #science #teacher #science-phd #earth-science #career-guidance...

#scholar

asdf A.’s Avatar
asdf A. Apr 12, 2016

Can I be a Neuroscientist if I'm not good at Chemistry?

Neuroscience is extremely fascinating to me. However, Chemistry is not my strong suit. #science #chemistry #neuroscience #science-phd...

#neuroscientist

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 10, 2016

What classes do you in college if you are looking to do botany.

I am asking because I am interested in that specific field which is botany. #chemical-engineering #science-phd #life-sciences #earth-science #chemicals #bio-chem #chemist...

#organic-chemistry

Sophie T.’s Avatar
Sophie T. Dec 16, 2014

How long does it take to get a PHD or Doctorate in the sciences?

I love to learn and wish to receive the highest level of research education as possible. I also love to travel around the world so I was curious about how long each degree would require #science #astronomy #astrophysics #science-phd...

#doctorate