Career Questions tagged Gradschool

Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Oct 12 47 views

Best way to ask for a recommendation letter to a PsyD program

Hello, I am in the process of applying to PsyD programs and started to gather recommendation letters. I am finding it very anxiety provoking to ask current and past employers for recommendation letters for my application. I would love some advice on the best ways to ask for recommendation...

#psyd #psychology #career #strategy #gradschool #psychologist #recommendations

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Aug 15 56 views

Should I reach out to my prospective grad schools via email and introduce myself/express interest?

I am graduating this December and will be applying to grad schools later this fall. I am wondering if I should email the schools I am interested in beforehand and introduce myself and express interest? I will be applying to psychology PhD and PsyD programs and am wondering if this might help...

#emailinginterest #gradschool #graduation #phdpsychprograms

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 82 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#phd #research #biology #chemistry #bio #gradschool #july20 #chem

Diana B.’s Avatar
Diana B. Jul 22 56 views

Whats the best masters program for SLPS?

I plan to apply to graduate program for #speechlanguagepathology but looking for a program that does not require GRE #speechtherapy...

#gradschool

Esther L.’s Avatar
Esther L. Jul 20 66 views

What is one lie that you wish to dismiss about graduate school and the grad student experience?

I recently earned my bachelor's and will be starting a doctoral program in August. I've been hearing rumors left and right about grad school in general. They range from dissertations being a mandatory 200 pages, how you have to say goodbye to your social life, how grad students have the same...

#college #gradschool #gradstudentrumrs #collegerumors #gradstudent #school #gradlies #schoolrumors #gradschoolrumors #july20 #grad #lies #gradlife

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 208 views
Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 49 views

Occupational therapy grad school

I am hoping to get into OT grad school. If I am only looking to major in psych and minor in health sciences, instead of honors specializing in psychology. Will this set me apart from other applicants? Thank you in advance #july20 #ot...

#gradschool

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Aug 02, 2019 118 views

What are some things to do as I prepare to take courses for marriage and family counseling?

When I say things to do, I mean how to personally prepare myself. In terms of mentally; maybe volunteer programs that could give me an idea of what I might be getting into, open internships; anything that could give me some tangible experience; or even just some advice. #internship...

#psychology #marriage-family #gradschool #mftgradschool #counseling

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 334 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. #engineering...

#graduateschool #undergrad #gradschool #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineeringstudent #electricalengineering #engineer #technology #mechanical #masters #computerengineering

Mai E.’s Avatar
Mai E. Aug 21, 2018 194 views

GRE test sending to college?

When sending your GRE tests to colleges, do they see all of the attempts or do you only send in the one you want to? #gre...

#gradschool

Clara N.’s Avatar
Clara N. Aug 12, 2018 201 views

How do I improve my GPA after a bad first year?

-I want to go to graduate school for astronomy -current GPA is 2.5 -about to start second year of college #gradschool...

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 283 views

Graduate School Scholarships and Grants

I learned that I was going to be continuing my education late July, which is very late to start applying for scholarships and grants. Does anyone have any advice about where to go to apply for scholarships or grants that are still open? #scholarships #grants...

#gradschool

S M.’s Avatar
S M. Jun 14, 2018 276 views

Pursuing a MSW

I am really interested in pursuing a MSW. I am finishing up a graduate certificate in Sociology, but I don’t have a lot of recent, relevant work experience. I understand that most MSW programs require work (or at least volunteer) experience. What are some good strategies for networking and...

#gradschool #msw #socialwork

Suzy M.’s Avatar
Suzy M. May 22, 2018 271 views

If I attend Grad School abroad will it be easier to work internationally with my degree?

I am attending Graduate School abroad this upcoming year for a one-year Msc in Applied Behavior Analysis. There are currently many positions in the US for careers in Behavior Analysis, however my main interest is to work internationally. Since my Master's degree will be from an international...

#graduate-school #masters #international #gradschool #working-abroad #college #working-internationally

Suzy M.’s Avatar
Suzy M. May 22, 2018 377 views

Will I still feel part of my University if I am an international student?

I will be attending Graduate School in either Ireland or the UK this fall, as an international student I am nervous about not feeling part of my University as much as I did when I attended an Undergraduate course in the US. Will my status as an international student make it harder to feel...

#student-affairs #integration #college #international #gradschool #student #college-student #abroad

Renee R.’s Avatar
Renee R. Apr 26, 2018 278 views

Where will I gain the most knowledge, graduate school or working in a profiessional capacity?

I am beginning a Master's in Social Work program this fall as an adult learner. I currently work full-time in a social service agency. Sometimes I wonder if going back to school will be beneficial over the experience I will gain in my current field of work. #gradschool #socialwork...

#schoolisexpensive #adultlearner

Elisabeth T.’s Avatar
Elisabeth T. Apr 12, 2018 292 views

What is the best way to prepare for studying engineering in graduate school?

I am interested in Computational Neuroscience, and hope to study either Biomedical engineering or electrical engineering in college, along with neuroscience. I want to make sure that I am a good candidate for graduate school (in engineering or computational neuroscience), while still adamantly...

#engineering #gradschool #neuroscience

Veronica S.’s Avatar
Veronica S. Apr 11, 2018 252 views
Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 397 views

As a public relations major does getting a masters degree make much of a difference?

I have been thinking about applying to grad school for quite some time now but every time I do research there is not much information that suggests having a masters degree will give me much of an advantage over other students #gradschool...

#public-relations

Sarah B.’s Avatar
Sarah B. Jan 19, 2018 296 views

How can I juggle everything?

What are some good ideas for juggling grad school with work, family, home, and everything else I need to do? #busy #gradschool...

#time-management

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Mar 20, 2018 395 views

Is getting a master's degree worth it for working in tech companies?

I already have a company that's interested in hiring me after I graduate. Should I still be considering applying to a graduate program? #gradschool...

#tech