Career Questions tagged Socialwork

Uma’s Avatar
Uma Aug 09, 2021 356 views

Where can I get with my plan of individualized study?

I'm transferring from community college to app state next fall. I'm interested in social work, communication studies, and child development (social work is my concentration, not sure which minor/second concentration between communication and child development I should do.) Either way, I have...

Mark David’s Avatar
Mark David Dec 21, 2020 249 views

How can avail scholarship?

Im mark taking a bachelor degree at capiz state University pilar satellite college
#socialwork

Unal’s Avatar
Unal Aug 18, 2020 393 views

What can I do after graduating with a Masters Degree in Trauma Counseling.

I majored my undergraduate in Psychology and this year I will be graduating with a Masters Degree in Community and Trauma Counseling. I don't have a lot of experience in the field, only did one practicum that was required part of my degree. During my 2nd year, I will be starting a 600+ hour...

Lillyen Rose’s Avatar
Lillyen Rose Apr 12, 2020 575 views

What are the steps to becoming a social worker? I would like to work with those in foster care and those who have or are going to be adopted.

I was in foster care and I want to help the system to no longer be broken by being the help these children need. #foster #fostercare #socialwork #socialworking #social-work #medicine #psychology #career

Claudia’s Avatar
Claudia Mar 21, 2019 392 views

What are job opportunities for Sociology?

#sociology #socialwork

Mary’s Avatar
Mary Oct 30, 2018 462 views

Would it be better to have a sociology major with a minor in human services or to have a double major both with them both?

I am planning on becoming a social worker in the future!
#college-major #sociology #socialwork

Mary’s Avatar
Mary Oct 30, 2018 546 views

How would I get an internship with a foster care social worker during college?

#socialwork #fostercare #college

Brianna’s Avatar
Brianna Aug 23, 2018 565 views

Should a social worker get a masters degree?

I am trying to decide whether I should just receive my bachelor's degree in social work or go on to receive my master's degree.

#socialwork #social-work #degrees

S’s Avatar
S Jun 14, 2018 554 views

Pursuing a MSW

I am really interested in pursuing a MSW. I am finishing up a graduate certificate in Sociology, but I don’t have a lot of recent, relevant work experience. I understand that most MSW programs require work (or at least volunteer) experience. What are some good strategies for networking and...

Renee’s Avatar
Renee Apr 26, 2018 522 views

Where will I gain the most knowledge, graduate school or working in a profiessional capacity?

I am beginning a Master's in Social Work program this fall as an adult learner. I currently work full-time in a social service agency. Sometimes I wonder if going back to school will be beneficial over the experience I will gain in my current field of work. #gradschool #socialwork...

MARIO’s Avatar
MARIO Jan 19, 2018 496 views

What do employers in the Social Work field look for in their employees?

I am asking this question because I am graduating soon with a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, and I would like to be the ideal candidate for the positions in my career field of interest. #HumanServices #SocialWork #career

Nads’s Avatar
Nads Jan 17, 2018 514 views

How can I guarantee that my passion for social work will help find the right homes for those in need?

I’m a sociology majoring who’s concentrating is focusing on social work because I want to be a social worker. I want to help children and families find the right job and make sure they have a safe place to stay. How is my passion going to guarantee them a home? I want to fight for them, be...

Sue’s Avatar
Sue Jan 16, 2018 719 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities.

#socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw #therapists

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Jan 16, 2018 604 views

Is there anyone who likes being a social worker? If so, what about it do you like?

I’m passionate about helping kids overcome obstacles and I’ve had a bit of experience taking care of and being the head organizer of activities for a family whose kids who are pretty messed up because of their parents and who have had a brush with the system. Everyone I’ve talked to who is a...

Esmeralda’s Avatar
Esmeralda Sep 01, 2017 659 views

Should I dual major?

I am a social work major and I am indecisive if I should dual major with health management. I want to have a back up plan in case if things don't go as planned in the real world but I don't know if taking more classes to complete the H.M major in the following semesters is a good idea....