Career Questions tagged Socialwork

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Aug 18 102 views

What can I do after graduating with a Masters Degree in Trauma Counseling.

I majored my undergraduate in Psychology and this year I will be graduating with a Masters Degree in Community and Trauma Counseling. I don't have a lot of experience in the field, only did one practicum that was required part of my degree. During my 2nd year, I will be starting a 600+ hour...

#postgraduation #psychology #jobs #masters #socialwork

Lillyen Rose C.’s Avatar
Lillyen Rose C. Apr 12 99 views
Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Mar 21, 2019 136 views
Brianna J.’s Avatar
Brianna J. Aug 23, 2018 262 views

Should a social worker get a masters degree?

I am trying to decide whether I should just receive my bachelor's degree in social work or go on to receive my master's degree. #socialwork #social-work...

#degrees

S M.’s Avatar
S M. Jun 14, 2018 276 views

Pursuing a MSW

I am really interested in pursuing a MSW. I am finishing up a graduate certificate in Sociology, but I don’t have a lot of recent, relevant work experience. I understand that most MSW programs require work (or at least volunteer) experience. What are some good strategies for networking and...

#gradschool #msw #socialwork

Renee R.’s Avatar
Renee R. Apr 26, 2018 282 views

Where will I gain the most knowledge, graduate school or working in a profiessional capacity?

I am beginning a Master's in Social Work program this fall as an adult learner. I currently work full-time in a social service agency. Sometimes I wonder if going back to school will be beneficial over the experience I will gain in my current field of work. #gradschool #socialwork...

#schoolisexpensive #adultlearner

MARIO D.’s Avatar
MARIO D. Jan 19, 2018 231 views

What do employers in the Social Work field look for in their employees?

I am asking this question because I am graduating soon with a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, and I would like to be the ideal candidate for the positions in my career field of interest. #humanservices #socialwork...

#career

Nads P.’s Avatar
Nads P. Jan 17, 2018 273 views

How can I guarantee that my passion for social work will help find the right homes for those in need?

I’m a sociology majoring who’s concentrating is focusing on social work because I want to be a social worker. I want to help children and families find the right job and make sure they have a safe place to stay. How is my passion going to guarantee them a home? I want to fight for them, be...

#bravery #children #empowerment #courage #sociology #passion #socialwork

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 376 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. #socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw...

#therapists

Hannah B.’s Avatar
Hannah B. Jan 16, 2018 319 views

Is there anyone who likes being a social worker? If so, what about it do you like?

I’m passionate about helping kids overcome obstacles and I’ve had a bit of experience taking care of and being the head organizer of activities for a family whose kids who are pretty messed up because of their parents and who have had a brush with the system. Everyone I’ve talked to who is a...

#working-with-children #socialwork

Esmeralda M.’s Avatar
Esmeralda M. Sep 01, 2017 445 views

Should I dual major?

I am a social work major and I am indecisive if I should dual major with health management. I want to have a back up plan in case if things don't go as planned in the real world but I don't know if taking more classes to complete the H.M major in the following semesters is a good idea....

#college-major #dualmajor #college #backup #healthmanagement #socialwork #health #classes #decision-making