Career Questions tagged Entry Level

Mary F.’s Avatar
Mary F. Nov 12 62 views
juli R.’s Avatar
juli R. Oct 23 75 views

How can a 15 year old get a job in nyc?

I've been trying to get a job, but everywhere says they hire at 16. #job #entry-level #jobs #job-search #first-job...

#15

Cyrus L.’s Avatar
Cyrus L. Oct 12 60 views

Should I have more tools on hand than not enough?

I am a job corps student in automotive mechanics and I was wondering should I bring more tools than not enough if the job site is not a cooperative job site and I'm underneath a vehicle by myself. #first-job #student...

#entry-level

Linh Thuy M.’s Avatar
Linh Thuy M. Jul 29 118 views

How to obtain better skills for real jobs?

Most recruiters feel that fresh graduates lack necessary skills for the job. So what is your opinion about this? #entry-level #business #job #job-opportunities...

#july20

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17 131 views

What should I do to get a first time job?

I've made a basic resume, and because it's my first job I don't have much on it. It's basic, and has some skills and volunteer experience on it. But when I applied in store and online to about 20 places, none of them reached back to me. #first-job #entry-level #job-search #resume #july20 Is...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 20 280 views

I changed my major

I was majoring in mechanical engineer then I realized that it wasn't met for me so now I'm doing information technology . Any advice? Entry-level job? #information-technology #entry-level...

#internship

Rana M.’s Avatar
Rana M. Apr 12 228 views

As recruiters, Do you make your decision according to GPA?

I am graduating in June from energy engineering. My accumulative GPA is 2.7 (B- in my country) and I don't know if this would be a problem in finding a job #electrical-engineering #engineer #job-application #job-search #gpa #entry-level #interviews #engineering...

Liam H.’s Avatar
Liam H. Aug 28, 2018 255 views

How long did it take you to find a job out of college? Mechanical Engineer.

Attempting to feel out various professions and one of them is a mechanical engineer. Approx. how long did it take for you to be gainfully employed. Or atleast had an internship. #internship #entry-level...

#job-search

Mailei Z.’s Avatar
Mailei Z. May 28, 2018 308 views

How can you build experience for chemistry/biology lab-based careers?

I am interested in doing research or working in a lab as a career, but I have no clue how I should go about gaining experience for positions outside of what I'm learning in college. I currently do undergraduate research but it oftentimes does not feel like enough! Many lab jobs seem highly...

#entry-level #career-counseling #career-choice #chemistry #biology

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Jan 28, 2017 989 views

What job experiences can lead to career in Human Resources?

Hi there, I'll be graduating in an year and I'm looking through my career paths and job experiences. I have lots of experiences of living abroad and willing and wanting to work anywhere in the world. I think some values of skills of HR management really fits to me; such as listening skills,...

#entry-level #international #job #first-job #experience #career-details #human-resources #college-jobs

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 24, 2016 504 views

How much does mechanical engineering provide with?

I never really cared for how much I would be making with mechanical engineering, but it does make me wonder. Is this the kind of career that would be given a huge salary at an entry level or would it gradually get higher over time. #mechanical-engineering #money #salary #entry-level...

#financial-planning

Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Apr 15, 2017 583 views

Are Ivy Leagues REALLY worth it?

Although there is already debate regarding this around the country, I decided to bring the discussion here. Is going to an Ivy League and/or prestigious school REALLY beneficial to one's career? #college #undergraduate #ivy-league...

#entry-level

Laiz A.’s Avatar
Laiz A. Apr 10, 2017 636 views

How can I set myself apart when applying for jobs?

I will be graduating this semester (Woohoo!) and am currently looking for jobs to gain work experience to act as stepping stones in building a career. I work as a server at a restaurant, but realize I need to focus on my future. To the jobs I have already applied to, there are many I have yet...

#entry-level #hiring-managers #business-development #business #hiring

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 26, 2017 415 views

Are entry level office jobs the only jobs you can get with an Associate of Arts?

I am looking for jobs that are related to non-profits and have found that I don't qualify until I get my Bachelor's. Will my degree only allow me to work in an office setting or a setting that is not a non-profit? #career #office-administration...

#entry-level

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Feb 17, 2017 875 views

Where can I look to get real-world experience?

I am a college student, declared in the electrical engineering major. I don't have a 3.0 at the moment but I would like to work in a field specific to my major and skills that I have acquired. Do you have any suggestions what kind of companies or places hire students with a GPA around 2.5?...

#government #entry-level #college #computer-science #electrical-engineering #tech #jobs #college-jobs

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Feb 17, 2017 685 views

When employers list a specific GPA requirement, is it final?

I ask this because I am a electrical engineering major and I don't have a 3.0 GPA, which seems to be the threshold for most companies looking to hire college students. I would like to apply for most companies but I do not meet this requirement. I want to note that I usually don't meet this...

#java #entry-level #tech #computer-science #internships

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 09, 2017 438 views

What are entry level positions for students who wish to become counselors or social workers?

I am an undergrad and am wondering what jobs I should seek out after getting my degree. #career-choice #career-path #job-search...

#entry-level

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 560 views

How do you apply to a job when you don't have any job experience whatsoever?

I am looking for a job that is compatible with high school and its workload but accepts people with no job experience as a way to gain some. #jobs #high-school-students #entry-level...

#high-school-jobs

Hashir A.’s Avatar
Hashir A. Nov 02, 2016 651 views

How would I go about getting an entry level clinical research position?

I am looking for an entry level research position that will further strengthen my application to medical school. The only experience I have in research is community health research, but I am trying to find something more clinical or even lab related. Since I am lacking in experience how can I...

#research #entry-level #clinical #medicine #clinical-research

Naphtali  B.’s Avatar
Naphtali B. Aug 11, 2016 644 views
Shakuan F.’s Avatar
Shakuan F. May 24, 2016 501 views

What kind of internships should I pursue if I am a Mathematics major? I am unsure of what I will do with my degree, so any general internships that could help are APPRECIATED

I have been struggling to find an internship or job that directly relates to my major, so I was wondering if anyone has an idea of where I should work for my first job? I would like for it to relate to my major. I am not sure what I want to do with my degree yet, but since my first year of...

#college-major #mathematics #entry-level #internships

Kayla B.’s Avatar
Kayla B. May 17, 2016 525 views

A career in Sports Management seems very competitive. Is there a minor in particular related to the Sports Industry that I should look into majoring in to secure me a position in today's workforce?

I do not know any people who have successfully majored in Sports Management and actually work in the field. Trying to get a feel for the other types of jobs that may be related to the field as a back up plan....

#entry-level

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 723 views

As an entry level intern for the government what should I write for cover letters

I know each job is different, besides the name and job name and number, what should be the bones of my cover letter. #internships #federal-government...

#entry-level

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. Dec 10, 2015 3690 views

What are some entry-level jobs that could lead to becoming a project manager?

I am a high school senior with a special interest in business. I hope to one day become a project manager at a company, but as I am looking at colleges and majors, I am wondering what steps lie in between graduating college and reaching a project manager position. I was wondering what some...

#entry-level #logistics-management #business #project-management #career-path #management