Career Questions tagged Theater

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. May 13, 2016 672 views

Are you able to double major in nursing and theater?

Hello! I am going to be a graduate of 2017 and I have a passion for anatomy as well as theater so it's been kind of hard finding which one would I wake up every morning wanting to do more. I would love to double major in both of these studies if possible. #professor #nurse #theater #college...

#career #performing-arts

Ronald R.’s Avatar
Ronald R. May 06, 2016 381 views

What are some extra curriculars and/or internships for people majoring in theater?

I would really like to know how to strengthen my major in theater. #in #theater #people...

#actors

saritha V.’s Avatar
saritha V. May 05, 2016 795 views

How do I become an actor?

Hi! I am Saritha from ghs j b nagar bengaluru in India. What classes should I take in school to become an actor? #actor #theater #actors #career #career-counseling #education...

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. May 13, 2016 380 views

Is it hard to get a job in the theater department?

Hello! I have a serious passion for theater and it's something I wake up every morning waiting to do. Are the jobs hard to find? #actor...

#theater

Ronald R.’s Avatar
Ronald R. May 06, 2016 521 views

What is the salary range for actors?

I want to be an actor and I want to know the salary range. #theater...

#actors

Julia D.’s Avatar
Julia D. Apr 15, 2016 407 views

What are the best colleges to attend if you are interested in the perfrorming arts?

My name is Julia and I am a sophomore at Boston Collegiate Charter School. I am interested in singing, dance, and musical theater. #dance #theater #singing...

#musical

Sofia T.’s Avatar
Sofia T. Jun 08, 2015 751 views

How does the auditioning process go?

I'm curious as to how a person gets chosen for a role in a play/musical. I know the audition process,(go in, sing/perform/recite, answer some questions, then leave.) but how do casting directors choose which person they want as the character? Does every auditionee have to go through call backs?...

#musical-theatre #music #acting #theatre #musicals #theater

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Apr 01, 2015 752 views

How long do you have to be in school to be a film maker?

Hi my name is Jeremy. I would be interested in becoming a movie director. I think that directing movies would be very interesting and I like movies. #theater #film-acting #actors #films #directing...

#movie

Marbella J.’s Avatar
Marbella J. Mar 17, 2015 720 views

What are some challenges and benefits in the media?

I'm fourteen years old and very interested in Media Studies but I want to know more #media #theater #director #film-acting #producer...

#screenplay

Keith W.’s Avatar
Keith W. Feb 19, 2015 639 views

What art activities should I do to pursue a college of the arts?

I am interested in going to Julliard and would like to know what extra curricular activities or in school activities i should do? Example like Chorus or Theater Arts. #college #arts #theater #art-college #the-arts...

#julliard

Aalayah N.’s Avatar
Aalayah N. Feb 18, 2015 1099 views

What exactly can you do with a Public Relations Major?

I am a junior in high school and am trying to open my possibilities for what I can Major in in College. I love public speaking and currently do high school Forensics. I was also considering majoring in Theater as well but i feel like my opportunities will be limited with this degree. I am not...

#actor #theatre #public-speaking #theater #public-relations

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. Apr 29, 2014 1381 views

How strongly should the financial aspect of a career impact what I decide to study?

I have a love of theater, specifically being backstage rather than acting, but I know it is a very shaky business both in terms of job availability and financial stability. My plan for college would be to either double major in theater and a more established major, probably a physical science,...

#science #financial-risk #finance #theater #multiple-interests

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. Apr 29, 2014 1595 views

How does studying abroad effect your career?

I'm a senior in high school and I am debating whether or not to study abroad and how it will impact my education for a career. I am considering majoring in theater or psychology, and I want to know how studying abroad will impact my studies. What are the benefits and drawbacks of studying in...

#psychology #theater #study-abroad

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. Apr 22, 2014 981 views

What majors are available for people who want a career backstage rather than on one?

I'm a senior in high school and am trying to decide what to major in in college. I enjoy working backstage at theatrical performances, but I don't want to major in theater. I know there are careers in costume design, set design, stage manager, etc... but I don't know what majors could help me...

#careers #theater #majors

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. Apr 22, 2014 2185 views

Are there any careers that could combine a psychology major and a love of theater?

I am a senior in high school and have always had a fondness for theater, specifically the behind the scenes work rather than actually performing. Recently I have been thinking about possible majors and career paths certain majors could open up for me and, although I love theater, I don't think...

#psychology #career #career-paths #theater #multiple-interests

Ashaley C.’s Avatar
Ashaley C. Apr 08, 2014 753 views

What job opportunities are available for those that majored in Theatre?

I am a junior in High School and I was wondering if there were any job opportunities for a theatre major fresh out of college due to the possibility of acting not working out? #theatre...

#theater

MarlaCodman1 .’s Avatar
MarlaCodman1 . Sep 12, 2012 1228 views

what is the best way to get over your stage fright?

i'm 15 and whenever i'm about to go on stage i get scared and start shaking. #arts...

#theater

OliverCodman4 .’s Avatar
OliverCodman4 . Sep 07, 2012 1200 views

How could I be discovered?

I am a high school student and I am interested in Theater/music. I am a great violinist and a amazing actor. How can I expose my talent to hollywood? #music #art #acting #theater...

#violin

Msteven .’s Avatar
Msteven . May 23, 2012 1339 views

How can I use my acting ability to increase worldly interdependence in terms of exchanging entertainment and culture with other countries?

I have a passion for acting and I wish to help make the world a better place. I am willing to act for films or cultural experiences that allow diplomatic relations with other countries to increase. Increasing dependence an any field, ranging from science and medicine to helping the economies of...

#theater #international-relations #service #international

Bgenesis .’s Avatar
Bgenesis . May 23, 2012 4398 views

What job opportunities other than acting and teaching are avaliable for people who major in theater?

I am a high school junior who is deeply interested in musical theater. Due to the difficulty in maintaining a steady job within the acting field, i'd like to know about other alternative jobs that are still directly related to theater. #college #jobs #major #acting #actor #theater...

#opportunities

Joannacodman2 .’s Avatar
Joannacodman2 . Feb 08, 2012 1296 views

when preform on stage

when you preform on stage when your acting if you mess up a line what would happen? #acting #theater #performing...

#stage

Joannacodman2 .’s Avatar
Joannacodman2 . Jan 06, 2012 8618 views

How do you first start off to get into an acting career?

I am grade 9 in high school trying to become a actress in hollywood. How do i start off the process? #acting #experience #actor #theater...

#actress