Career Questions tagged Theater

Peace S.’s Avatar
Peace S. Jul 16 252 views

Can I be an actress and a flight attendant

I am very interested in acting and I dream of being an actress someday and I will like to be a flight attendant because it will make me travel the world and meet new people , but the fact that air hostess don't get much time for themselves makes me feel I won't have time to pursue my dreams...

aviation theater travel

Felicia D.’s Avatar
Felicia D. Jun 25 127 views

How do i become a actor?

i am in high school and wanna know how can i start acting. actor theater film-acting...

acting

Mani J.’s Avatar
Mani J. Jun 10 103 views

How do I create a theater company?

I'm a writer, percussionist, and performer. I have some experience in direction, stage management, and set design/construction. I'm interested in creating a theater company, and I would love to know where to start. How many people would something like that require? Thanks! theatre theater...

film musicaltheater

Rebekah E.’s Avatar
Rebekah E. Feb 24 132 views

what do collages look at when looking at your application

I do theater and I do band an choir I take art classes. theater art I play trombone...

acting

Echo D.’s Avatar
Echo D. Jan 11 222 views

Should I do theater or something more stable?

I am a Freshmen and I am starting to think about what I want to major in. I love to do musical theater and want to major in it, but I know that it is very competitive, so I am worried that I am not talented enough. Also, it's not the most stable career path, so should I do something more...

theater theatre career-paths musicaltheater preformingarts

marih N.’s Avatar
marih N. Apr 12, 2020 303 views

I want to be an actor right now but I don't know how to start?

I am 12 years old and I love to sing and be dramatic about everything. acting...

theater

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05, 2020 269 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. acting theater art media...

writing

Dustin M.’s Avatar
Dustin M. Dec 09, 2019 292 views

What are some ways I can get into acting on the cheep?

I'm a retired army veteran (since 2012 ) I'm 33 years old and I want to pursue acting as a career, I have no experience but I'll need to start somewhere. Balancing that with a family and Living in Austin, Texas it seems that the odds are stacked against me. After the Army I went to...

acting military theater film-acting

Elaine M.’s Avatar
Elaine M. Oct 21, 2019 276 views
Madison C.’s Avatar
Madison C. Sep 24, 2019 452 views

What career(s) would allow me to combine my love for physics and theater?

So long story short: I love physics, but I also have an intense passion for theater technology, stage management, and set building. What career can I pursue in order to allow me to combine my two passions? And what should I study in college? I was thinking of double-majoring in Physics and...

career theater career-choice physics theater-technology

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 334 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 actor acting actors theatre theater...

film-acting

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 372 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! college military military act art physics air-force navy marines theater act career test...

ap writing academy language reading high-school math education english

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09, 2019 331 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

acting art theatre theater voiceactor voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Dezire D.’s Avatar
Dezire D. Aug 15, 2018 339 views

What are the best HBCU’s for theater & film?

I’m interested in going to a historically black college & I would like to know which ones are best for my field of interest. production film theater actors...

hbcu

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 440 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

theater techie actor drama performing-arts theatre broadway acting performance

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 423 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

college theater production stage-design theater-production majoring-in-theatre college-selection drama theatre performing-arts design art college-major performance

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 470 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. casting performing-arts audition arts theater theatre acting...

performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 1079 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. actor actress acting film theatre theater...

performing-arts

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 460 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

stagemanage theater arts stagemanager promptbook drama theatre tech theatretech

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 461 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

stagemanaging management theater arts tips tricks drama theatre