Career Questions tagged Theater

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#reading #writing #math #english #ap #education #language #academy #high-school

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

#acting #art #theatre #theater #voiceactor #voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Dezire D.’s Avatar
Dezire D. Aug 15, 2018

What are the best HBCU’s for theater & film?

I’m interested in going to a historically black college & I would like to know which ones are best for my field of interest. #production #film #theater #actors...

#hbcu

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#broadway #theater #theatre #actor #performance #performing-arts #acting #techie #drama

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#theatre #theater #art #design #production #performance #performing-arts #college-selection #college #stage-design #college-major #majoring-in-theatre #theater-production #drama

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#theater #theatre #arts #stagemanager #stagemanage #tech #promptbook #drama #theatretech

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#tips #stagemanaging #theatre #theater #arts #management #tricks #drama

Carolina V.’s Avatar
Carolina V. May 27, 2018

How hard is it to have two majors or multiple minors?

I'm someone with vast interests from acting to journalism to government to human rights, but wants to major in marketing. #psychology #theater #marketing #majors #minors #business...

#government

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#theatre #theater #college #performing-arts

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Maricela O.’s Avatar
Maricela O. Jan 22, 2018

Is it harder to become an actor/actress as an adult?

I know there's a lot of casting companies who come around for children or teenagers to be in commercials and start off acting that way. But I am almost 17 and I can't afford to go to the acting programs offered for me. So my question is, is it harder for opportunities like this as you reach age...

#theater #film-acting #theatre #films #acting #act #short-films

Clotia S.’s Avatar
Clotia S. Jan 16, 2018

I Really Wanna major In Theatre But I Also Want To Take Business Classes . To Have As A Back Up . Would Me Taking Business Classes Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Major In It For It To Really Help Me ?

I'm Asking This Question Because I Want To Know That If My Acting Doesn't Work Out N I Took Business Classes Would That Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Go Back To School In Major For That. #theater #women-in-business...

#career-paths

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017

What technical institutes also have good theater opportunities?

I'm looking to go into physics/astrophysics, but I'm also an avid theatrical actor. Are there any universities that are strong in both? #college #theater #physics #astrophysics #college-selection #college-major...

#college-advice

Angel L.’s Avatar
Angel L. Nov 15, 2017

What career paths should I take to become an actor or a singer?

I want to become an actor in the future, but I don't know what career paths I should take to get there. #actor #theater...

#performing-arts

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017

What are some good monologues for college auditions?

I am in the process of preparing to audition for school. #theatre #musical-theatre #college #auditions #theater...

#school

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017

Do most colleges help theater majors find connections when they graduate?

I am interested in pursuing musical theater/ acting in college. #theatre #musical-theatre #theater #acting #musical #college #networking...

#connections

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017

How does a typical day run for Broadway performers?

How long are practices? How frequent are they? #theater #theatre #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Antonio W.’s Avatar
Antonio W. Feb 10, 2017

What experience do I need to go to theatre school?

To see how many more classes i need to take #manager #director #actors #stage #understudy #theatre...

#theater

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. May 13, 2016

Are you able to double major in nursing and theater?

Hello! I am going to be a graduate of 2017 and I have a passion for anatomy as well as theater so it's been kind of hard finding which one would I wake up every morning wanting to do more. I would love to double major in both of these studies if possible. #professor #nurse #theater #college...

#career #performing-arts

Ronald R.’s Avatar
Ronald R. May 06, 2016

What are some extra curriculars and/or internships for people majoring in theater?

I would really like to know how to strengthen my major in theater. #in #theater #people...

#actors

saritha V.’s Avatar
saritha V. May 05, 2016

How do I become an actor?

Hi! I am Saritha from ghs j b nagar bengaluru in India. What classes should I take in school to become an actor? #actor #theater #actors #career #career-counseling #education...