Career questions tagged theater

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Brizna423 views

What kind of entry-level jobs should I look into if I want to be a theatre manager?

I just graduted college and got my BA in theatre. I found a love of event planning and managing a theatre. I want to know what is the best way to find a job and what type of roles I should look into.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nathaniel588 views

Where should someone who wants to become an actor start. What are some things a person should expect while becoming an actor. ?

High school graduate of 2024 wanting to build the career in acting and theater

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua899 views

I want to be a Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, and Author. Is it possible to do them all?

I’ve seen many people that have done it. Like Kim K. She does so much and so well. I want to know if I can do all the things I love to do and keep a personal life and keep myself from going insane from all the work.

Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luke715 views

How to memorize monologues quickly? #Spring2024

I am 16 and have an advanced theatre audition that I am going to, I have to memorize two monologues, one comedic and the other dramatic. I have ten days to do it.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luke904 views

How to keep coming up with ideas for a sitcom series? #Spring 2024

I am 16 and writing a TV sitcom to make on my high school stage with sets, costumes, makeup and the lot. I am also the lead actor, the director and producing it. I have 21 episode ideas, the first two fully scripted. What is the best way to keep the creative juices flowing with a hectic high school schedule, and get more episode ideas.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luke591 views

How can teenagers realistically portray adults when acting? #Sping2024

I am a 16 year old interested in making my career in film acting, directing, writing, and producing. I am creating a TV sitcom set in 1950s New York. All of my actors will be high schoolers, who will be portraying adults. How can I sell the idea to distributors such as Tubi, even though adult characters are being played by teens.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Milo590 views

How could I break into the acting industry in highschool?

Hello! I’m a Highschool theater student and I was wondering how or even if I could go into the big time acting industry in highschool! I think I’m ok at acting so maybe it’s possible!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jenna376 views

IS High Point University a good school for Technical Theater?

Thats basically my question.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mickey536 views

Are there any careers that would allow me to pursue nuclear engineering AND musical theater ?

My current goal is to double major in those two subjects at University of Michigan (hopefully with a scholarship, as it's out of state and EXPENSIVE), but from what I've found, it's practically impossible to find a way to do them both "in the real world" I don't want to look back and regret not doing theater, but I know it's not the most practical career. I'm not the best at nuclear science or engineering, but I have time to improve my skills. Is there anything out there for me (that pays well, LOL)?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ilma535 views

What do I have to do to become an actress? ?

Can I become an actress at the age of 14?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Morgan671 views

how do I become an actress ?

I'm 13 years old I love acting

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
elizabeth360 views

How is being funny in tie with acting? Can having a negative outlook impact my acting?

I'm trying to be a better actor for high school next year.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Wyatt484 views

How do I hire people (actors, set directors, costume artists, musical score orchestras) for my movie-production company ?

How do I hire people (actors, set directors, costume artists, musical score orchestras) for my movie-production company?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asa1109 views

How did you continue to pursue such a difficult career with everyone telling you to “have a realistic plan”?

I’m still a freshman in high school but acting is my passion and I’ve never been more sure of wanting to do something for the rest of my life so I just want to know. It might be worth noting that I’m also good at script writing which is the career my parents are trying to nudge me more towards whether they’re doing it on purpose or not. While I do enjoy writing and plan on maybe starting that way and then looking for an opportunity to pursue a more onstage/on screen job, it’s not my main focus, it’s more of a starting point. I am in a magnet school for drama so i am very involved in theatre and acting and am learning new techniques and will be doing a lot of shows and competitions for my high school years.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Val807 views

How do I get into the film industry as an actor?

I am 16 years old and have been in theatre since I was 8. I am currently in my high school school theatre where we do two shows a year.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asher491 views

How to be a better actor?

How to be a better actor

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tori472 views

How likely is it that I would be able to start a successful costume design business? Am I likely to become well-known in the field through this?

For context I have been designing costumes since I was in elementary school. My dad was a set designer for a well known private school in Iowa where I got connected and was able to start helping with the costuming. When we moved away from there he became a director at a high school which meant that I was heading up the costuming department on my own. When we moved again I was able to take full control of the costuming department of my new school and designed and made or found every costume in my final high school musical. I am getting a degree in business while double majoring in technical theater with the hope to go on and get my masters in costume design. I’m just curious if this is going to be a successful course of action or not. I would like to do costuming for theater but would be open to film as well. I also will be taking courses in special effects makeup to broaden my skill set and allow me to use a lot of my interests and skills. I am a painter, a seamstress, a drawer, a sculptor, and easily adaptable to learning new creative skills.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mario860 views

When it comes to booking jobs in the performing arts community, is it better to have a degree in Theatre Performance/Acting or Musical Theatre and why?

For some context, I'm currently a student at my college of choice, and am pursuing a degree in Theatre Performance currently. I truly love every aspect of performing, from live theatre and plays and musicals, to voice over work, and film and television. However, recently I've been debating whether or not to switch to the Musical Theatre program because I do also love musical theatre. I just want future agenices/managers/casting directors to see my versatility and be able to audition for all these types of jobs from all the areas I listed above.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alina600 views

Is it Difficult to Become an Actress?

Hello, my name is Alina,I’m from Arizona and I’m interested in becoming an actress. Is it different to become an Actress if you know nothing about it? Is there a possibility for beginners who know nothing about acting to get the job?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Griffin2585 views

Theatre degrees?

What is a good alternative or a job that you can get with a theatre degree? Are there any well-paying jobs with a theatre degree, and can I do theatre for a living?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivy504 views

How can I become an actor/actress? What can I do to get there? Where do I find auditions?

I would like to know how can I excel in an acting career. Should I start by voice acting on social media platforms? Or should I search for audition opportunities? I had chances but missed them because I had no money, so where exactly can I find auditions that aren't high-priced.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leah507 views

What is the hardest part of becoming a professional actor or techie?

Most people talk about how they enjoy their life as an actor now, but never share the struggle of becoming one. I would like to know the real process of going into acting. I know it’s not all smooth sailing so I would like to know what struggle I could face if I go down this route.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kiara773 views

What school should I go to for stage management?

My dream job is to become a stage manager for professional on-stage musicals or plays. (Something like Broadway) But all the schools I look at that have great theater programs are schools where the program is mostly about acting and performance. What schools are good for stage management or backstage work?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivy225 views

What is the best way for memorisation of lines?

When acting or on stage, what would be your best technique for memorising lines easily?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Destiny369 views

What are things I should avoid when auditioning?

How do I get into acting? What’s the best way to find an audition? What are things I should avoid when auditioning? Is there any extra advice you may have?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
tia655 views

Drama Major

Is majoring in drama a bad decision if I want to become an actress?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samantha570 views

What should I do if I want to Become an actor in musicals?

I love to do musicals but I don’t Know how could even achieve this dream of mine it feels too out of reach. But I am in musical theater and voicemail techniques at my high school.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lexy619 views

How reliable is being an actor/actress financially ?

I've done theater for a while and have thought about pursuing it as a career but I'm worried about reliability. I really want to pursue it but I don't know all the specifics.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dusty404 views

Whats the best way to start off your acting career?

What is the best way to start your acting career? I've been trying to get into acting for a while, but I have no clue how to start getting paid for it.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
harleigh505 views

Whats the difference between an acting school and a normal university?

Is there a major difference between the 2 when trying to pursue acting?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon