Career Questions tagged Theater

Rebekah E.’s Avatar
Rebekah E. Feb 24 60 views

what do collages look at when looking at your application

I do theater and I do band an choir I take art classes. #theater #art I play trombone...

#acting

Echo D.’s Avatar
Echo D. Jan 11 123 views

Should I do theater or something more stable?

I am a Freshmen and I am starting to think about what I want to major in. I love to do musical theater and want to major in it, but I know that it is very competitive, so I am worried that I am not talented enough. Also, it's not the most stable career path, so should I do something more...

#theater #theatre #musicaltheater #preformingarts #career-paths

marih N.’s Avatar
marih N. Apr 12, 2020 204 views

I want to be an actor right now but I don't know how to start?

I am 12 years old and I love to sing and be dramatic about everything. #acting...

#theater

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05, 2020 189 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. #acting #theater #art #media...

#writing

Dustin M.’s Avatar
Dustin M. Dec 09, 2019 217 views

What are some ways I can get into acting on the cheep?

I'm a retired army veteran (since 2012 ) I'm 33 years old and I want to pursue acting as a career, I have no experience but I'll need to start somewhere. Balancing that with a family and Living in Austin, Texas it seems that the odds are stacked against me. After the Army I went to...

#acting #theater #film-acting #military

Elaine M.’s Avatar
Elaine M. Oct 21, 2019 179 views
Madison C.’s Avatar
Madison C. Sep 24, 2019 308 views

What career(s) would allow me to combine my love for physics and theater?

So long story short: I love physics, but I also have an intense passion for theater technology, stage management, and set building. What career can I pursue in order to allow me to combine my two passions? And what should I study in college? I was thinking of double-majoring in Physics and...

#theater #career #theater-technology #career-choice #physics

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 230 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 272 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#english #reading #writing #math #high-school #education #ap #academy #language

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09, 2019 247 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

#acting #art #theatre #theater #voiceactor #voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Dezire D.’s Avatar
Dezire D. Aug 15, 2018 256 views

What are the best HBCU’s for theater & film?

I’m interested in going to a historically black college & I would like to know which ones are best for my field of interest. #production #film #theater #actors...

#hbcu

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 345 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#theater #drama #performing-arts #broadway #acting #theatre #actor #performance #techie

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 356 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#theater #production #college-selection #drama #art #college-major #performing-arts #stage-design #majoring-in-theatre #theater-production #theatre #design #performance #college

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 397 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 731 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 341 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 370 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#theater #theatretech #drama #promptbook #tech #stagemanager #theatre #arts #stagemanage

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 374 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#theater #management #drama #stagemanaging #theatre #tips #arts #tricks

Carolina V.’s Avatar
Carolina V. May 27, 2018 367 views

How hard is it to have two majors or multiple minors?

I'm someone with vast interests from acting to journalism to government to human rights, but wants to major in marketing. #psychology #theater #marketing #majors #minors #business...

#government

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 390 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 316 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#theater #theatre #performing-arts #college

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 992 views