Career Questions tagged Theater

marih N.’s Avatar
marih N. Apr 12 74 views

I want to be an actor right now but I don't know how to start?

I am 12 years old and I love to sing and be dramatic about everything. #acting...

#theater

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05 90 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. #acting #theater #art #media...

#writing

Dustin M.’s Avatar
Dustin M. Dec 09, 2019 93 views

What are some ways I can get into acting on the cheep?

I'm a retired army veteran (since 2012 ) I'm 33 years old and I want to pursue acting as a career, I have no experience but I'll need to start somewhere. Balancing that with a family and Living in Austin, Texas it seems that the odds are stacked against me. After the Army I went to...

#acting #theater #military #film-acting

samuel M.’s Avatar
samuel M. Nov 22, 2019 100 views
Elaine M.’s Avatar
Elaine M. Oct 21, 2019 67 views
Madison C.’s Avatar
Madison C. Sep 24, 2019 101 views

What career(s) would allow me to combine my love for physics and theater?

So long story short: I love physics, but I also have an intense passion for theater technology, stage management, and set building. What career can I pursue in order to allow me to combine my two passions? And what should I study in college? I was thinking of double-majoring in Physics and...

#career-choice #theater #physics #theater-technology #career

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 108 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

Ellie H.’s Avatar
Ellie H. Apr 18, 2019 101 views
Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 155 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#ap #language #education #math #high-school #reading #english #writing #academy

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09, 2019 154 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

#acting #art #theatre #theater #voiceactor #voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Dezire D.’s Avatar
Dezire D. Aug 15, 2018 189 views

What are the best HBCU’s for theater & film?

I’m interested in going to a historically black college & I would like to know which ones are best for my field of interest. #production #film #theater #actors...

#hbcu

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 245 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#theater #theatre #drama #techie #broadway #acting #actor #performing-arts #performance

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 260 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#theater-production #college #theatre #theater #drama #stage-design #production #college-major #college-selection #performing-arts #performance #design #majoring-in-theatre #art

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 286 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 300 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 244 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 234 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#stagemanager #theatre #theater #drama #theatretech #promptbook #arts #stagemanage #tech

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 291 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#tips #theater #drama #theatre #management #arts #tricks #stagemanaging

Carolina V.’s Avatar
Carolina V. May 27, 2018 263 views

How hard is it to have two majors or multiple minors?

I'm someone with vast interests from acting to journalism to government to human rights, but wants to major in marketing. #psychology #theater #marketing #majors #minors #business...

#government

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 293 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 241 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#theater #college #theatre #performing-arts

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 715 views

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Maricela O.’s Avatar
Maricela O. Jan 22, 2018 262 views

Is it harder to become an actor/actress as an adult?

I know there's a lot of casting companies who come around for children or teenagers to be in commercials and start off acting that way. But I am almost 17 and I can't afford to go to the acting programs offered for me. So my question is, is it harder for opportunities like this as you reach age...

#theater #theatre #short-films #act #film-acting #films #acting

Clotia S.’s Avatar
Clotia S. Jan 16, 2018 343 views

I Really Wanna major In Theatre But I Also Want To Take Business Classes . To Have As A Back Up . Would Me Taking Business Classes Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Major In It For It To Really Help Me ?

I'm Asking This Question Because I Want To Know That If My Acting Doesn't Work Out N I Took Business Classes Would That Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Go Back To School In Major For That. #theater #women-in-business...

#career-paths

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 435 views

What technical institutes also have good theater opportunities?

I'm looking to go into physics/astrophysics, but I'm also an avid theatrical actor. Are there any universities that are strong in both? #college #theater #physics #astrophysics #college-selection #college-major...

#college-advice

Angel L.’s Avatar
Angel L. Nov 15, 2017 346 views

What career paths should I take to become an actor or a singer?

I want to become an actor in the future, but I don't know what career paths I should take to get there. #actor #theater...

#performing-arts